PDA

View Full Version : Cueto, Latos, Simon, Leake, Chapman

JP31
07-26-2014, 01:01 PM
Cueto, Latos, Simon, Leake, Chapman

How many can of these players can we afford to resign? All are set to be FA at the end of the 2015. Yes we can keep them all and try it one more time in 2015, but by trading now we will get more in return since teams will be trading for 1 1/2 years of service. We have lost 7 straight….. is adding one player (Byrd, Murphy, even Zobrist who I don't think the Rays are selling now) really going to help us that much? and before you say trade for Byrd who is owed 8 million in 2015 and possibly another 8 million in 2016 (if he gets enough plate appearances).. He is soon to be 37… you think by taking his salary on its really gonna help our situation of resigning these pitchers?

Why not trade off some of these guys for young players that are controlled for many years….

Why not attempt to trade with LA and get Joc Pederson and maybe their top SS prospect Seager? Joc is gonna be a stud and ready now, but is blocked and Seager is close.

Ohioballplayer
07-27-2014, 09:34 AM
JP, I agree with you on many levels, the injuries have decimated this team, but were we really doing that good before the injuries?
I have changed my stance just a bit, I want to sell and I want to sell either Cueto or Latos, i wanted Cueto to go why he was RED HOT, bringing the most return for us now, but we aren't the savvy baseball execs that we all think we are, and hell maybe I am clueless but if we wrap up BIG money in these players in a relatively small market what good does it do for our Reds? NOTHING, sell!!! lets trade the pieces that should have been, to hopefully get pieces that can get us there within the next few years.

scotly50
07-28-2014, 10:41 PM
Chapman for a good hitter.

Big Red Smokey
08-02-2014, 08:50 PM
I would have traded Chapman a couple years ago once they decided not to make him a starter.

I think the money is there to re-sign Leake. I'd up him and one of Cueto/Latos and trade the other.

Simon should have been moved IMO for a prospect or two

BluegrassRedleg
08-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Chapman should have been pushed to Miami in something for Stanton when Stanton was mortal last year. Would have been a dream fit in LF and hitting behind Votto, and Brox's salary would have made more sense in closing role.

indyscott
08-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Cueto, Latos, Simon, Leake, Chapman

How many can of these players can we afford to resign? All are set to be FA at the end of the 2015. Yes we can keep them all and try it one more time in 2015, but by trading now we will get more in return since teams will be trading for 1 1/2 years of service. We have lost 7 straight….. is adding one player (Byrd, Murphy, even Zobrist who I don't think the Rays are selling now) really going to help us that much? and before you say trade for Byrd who is owed 8 million in 2015 and possibly another 8 million in 2016 (if he gets enough plate appearances).. He is soon to be 37… you think by taking his salary on its really gonna help our situation of resigning these pitchers?

Probably because the Dodgers wouldn't do it.

Why not trade off some of these guys for young players that are controlled for many years….

Why not attempt to trade with LA and get Joc Pederson and maybe their top SS prospect Seager? Joc is gonna be a stud and ready now, but is blocked and Seager is close.

JMO
08-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Simon and Broxton should be traded ASAP for the best possible package. This team is not going to the playoffs. SELL and try and rebuild this team. Look towards the future. I would extend Leake. Trade Latos and Chapman. Try and extend Cueto unless you can acquire a package of Seager/Pederson/Urias from LA. That is the only way I trade Cueto.

Trade: Simon, Broxton, Latos and Chapman.
DFA: Hannahan and Skip.
Try and unload Ludwick.

Walt needs to target teams like LAD, NYY, BOS who have money and are desperate for SP.

Betts, Henry Owens and Devin Marrero- BOSTON targets
Seager, Pederson and Urias- LAD targets
Luis Servino, Gary Sanchez and Refsynder- NYY targets

bengalsown
08-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Simon and Broxton should be traded ASAP for the best possible package. This team is not going to the playoffs. SELL and try and rebuild this team. Look towards the future. I would extend Leake. Trade Latos and Chapman. Try and extend Cueto unless you can acquire a package of Seager/Pederson/Urias from LA. That is the only way I trade Cueto.

Trade: Simon, Broxton, Latos and Chapman.
DFA: Hannahan and Skip.
Try and unload Ludwick.

Walt needs to target teams like LAD, NYY, BOS who have money and are desperate for SP.

Betts, Henry Owens and Devin Marrero- BOSTON targets
Seager, Pederson and Urias- LAD targets
Luis Servino, Gary Sanchez and Refsynder- NYY targets

Agreed. Surely some team in the MLB would be more than happy to give up some solid prospects for a 33 year old pitcher, who has been starting for an entire season for the first time in his career, who has everybody wondering when his arm will give out due to the extreme workload this season vs. last season, who also happens to have an unsettled (as far as I know) lawsuit against him because he allegedly raped someone. I bet teams are drooling at the prospect of trading for Simon.

Please send someone to Walt's office and wake him up :bang:

It blows my mind the amount of people on here who think that Simon is a great trading chip. He's not. Ignoring the rape lawsuit, trading for him with the idea that he'll be a solid starter for the season and into the playoffs is a huge gamble.

JMO
08-05-2014, 05:44 PM
Agreed. Surely some team in the MLB would be more than happy to give up some solid prospects for a 33 year old pitcher, who has been starting for an entire season for the first time in his career, who has everybody wondering when his arm will give out due to the extreme workload this season vs. last season, who also happens to have an unsettled (as far as I know) lawsuit against him because he allegedly raped someone. I bet teams are drooling at the prospect of trading for Simon.

Please send someone to Walt's office and wake him up :bang:

It blows my mind the amount of people on here who think that Simon is a great trading chip. He's not. Ignoring the rape lawsuit, trading for him with the idea that he'll be a solid starter for the season and into the playoffs is a huge gamble.

So out of everything I said, you pick out Simon. My entire statement had to do with Cueto, Latos and Chapman and the possible prospects we could get in return. Simon and Broxton could be traded NOW for the best possible prospect package in order to help out a contender in the BP. Plus it would unload salary from the Reds payroll, almost 10 M

swaisuc
08-11-2014, 09:52 AM
I think you're wrong about Chapman being a FA after 2015, which is a pretty big difference here.