PDA

View Full Version : Official Redszone TV Thread, Part II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

dabvu2498
11-03-2014, 07:36 PM
TV talk.

19braves77
11-04-2014, 03:23 PM
The fourth episode of Season 5, “Slabtown“ trounced Sunday Night Football's ratings last night, according to Deadline. Netting a 7.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic, The Walking Dead placed well-ahead of Sunday's NFL game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens, which only scored 6.1. According to Deadline, that’s a margin of 24%.

This is the second time this season that The Walking Dead has surpassed Sunday Night Football. The first time came almost a month ago, when the Season 5 premiere beat the NFL’s 18-49 ratings by a score of 8.7 to 6.6. It controlled the #1 spot for a four hour period. With these numbers, The Walking Dead officially ranks as the most-watched non sports program on television.

19braves77
11-05-2014, 03:10 AM
This weeks Sons of Anarchy "What a Piece of Work Is Man" was good TV. My expectations for the season finale and Sutter wrapping this all up nice and tidy sits at a 6 right now.

MikeThierry
11-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Oswald Cobblepot might be one of the best new characters on television.

LoganBuck
11-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Oswald Cobblepot might be one of the best new characters on television.

Agree, the role and the actor are perfect together. People want to compare Agents of SHIELD and Gotham, as some weird DC/Marvel showdown. These shows couldn't be more different, and I am digging them both.

Chip R
11-12-2014, 12:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8

19braves77
11-12-2014, 03:28 AM
Wow with the last Episode of SOA.

My finale meter went up to a 8.

BuckeyeRed27
11-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Wow with the last Episode of SOA.

My finale meter went up to a 8.

That was a pretty solid episode. Much better than the last 3 or 4.

Joseph
11-12-2014, 05:58 PM
I stopped watching SoA in season 3 I think. I'm looking forward to a binge session after its all said and done though.

BuckeyeRed27
11-12-2014, 07:36 PM
I stopped watching SoA in season 3 I think. I'm looking forward to a binge session after its all said and done though.

Man I can't imagine binge watching SoA, it is so intense I have to watch something else about 90 minutes of it.

RedTeamGo!
11-13-2014, 08:46 AM

Season 3 is awful.

kpresidente
11-19-2014, 02:54 AM
I just want to say the Walking Dead is the worst show I've ever seen that I just can't stop watching for some reason. What melodramatic slop! And yet, there I am every week.

19braves77
11-19-2014, 07:12 PM
Last episode of SOA was good. Juice and Jax scene in jail was probably the best of series.

With 2 more episodes to go, I think this is going to end with me happy so I am now at a 9 with excitement.

BuckeyeRed27
11-20-2014, 12:29 PM
Last episode of SOA was good. Juice and Jax scene in jail was probably the best of series.

With 2 more episodes to go, I think this is going to end with me happy so I am now at a 9 with excitement.

Really solid episode. I actually thought the best scene was when Nero was on the phone with Jax standing next to Gemma, but they dropped Jax's audio. Really well done.

Stray
11-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Homeland has been amazing this season, maybe even better than S1.

19braves77
11-25-2014, 01:37 AM
Walking Dead writers have finally learned how easy it is to juggle 3 story lines in one episode without unnecessary dialogue. Filler episodes are completely unnecessary on a show like this....

This Season at the half way point is a solid A.

Strikes Out Looking
11-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Nothing makes me happier than watching Seinfeld reruns on TBS. I wish there was something 1/2 as good on tv right now.

marcshoe
11-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Nothing makes me happier than watching Seinfeld reruns on TBS. I wish there was something 1/2 as good on tv right now.

And while you watch Seinfeld reruns, Walt continues to nap. Those could have been the Reds' reruns.

LoganBuck
12-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Walt misses quality over the air tv.

Razor Shines
12-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Holy balls, this is the best season of Homeland. Just caught up on the last three episodes and its great. So, The Walking Dead is over but at least there's 3 more episodes of Homeland.

Stray
12-03-2014, 08:23 AM
Holy balls, this is the best season of Homeland. Just caught up on the last three episodes and its great. So, The Walking Dead is over but at least there's 3 more episodes of Homeland.

Yep.

Getting away from Brody and his family drama has let the show get back to being a spy thriller. This season started off a little slow, but the last few episodes have been insane. Loving it.

19braves77
12-04-2014, 02:02 AM
The next to the last episode of Sons of Anarchy left me with mixed feelings.

I expect about 120 minutes of carnage in the finale.

BuckeyeRed27
12-04-2014, 07:23 PM
The next to the last episode of Sons of Anarchy left me with mixed feelings.

I expect about 120 minutes of carnage in the finale.

So just to recap: Jax's father was killed by his stepfather, which led to Jax then killing his stepfather. Jax gets married only to have his mother kill his wife, which led to Jax killing his mother. I don't think they have enough therapy for that.

LoganBuck
12-05-2014, 11:03 AM
So just to recap: Jax's father was killed by his stepfather, which led to Jax then killing his stepfather. Jax gets married only to have his mother kill his wife, which led to Jax killing his mother. I don't think they have enough therapy for that.

Jax is now back with his ex wife, who he and his mother have both essentially tried to kill, with drug overdoses.

19braves77
12-05-2014, 06:43 PM
Wow this is bad.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/sons-anarchy-finale-spoilers-leak-boss-kurt-sutter-220237592.html

Stray
12-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Another wild night of Homeland. Holy cow this season has been nuts.

And Quinn going all Jason Bourne will be great.

19braves77
12-10-2014, 03:08 AM
Very well done and satisfying finale of SOA.

BuckeyeRed27
12-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Very well done and satisfying finale of SOA.

I'm still digesting, but overall I thought it was good.

LoganBuck
12-10-2014, 02:04 PM
The only thing I didn't like about the ending was the Jury/Mayhem storyline. This goes back to when it all started earlier in the season. It felt like Sutter forced that into the story to justify how it all ended. It was clunky all season.

How about Agents of Shield last night? That was a jawdropper.

BuckeyeRed27
12-10-2014, 02:08 PM
The only thing I didn't like about the ending was the Jury/Mayhem storyline. This goes back to when it all started earlier in the season. It felt like Sutter forced that into the story to justify how it all ended. It was clunky all season.

How about Agents of Shield last night? That was a jawdropper.

I agree. If they were going to use that story line than Jax killing the Indian Hill guy needed to be a bit more cold blooded. From a distance there it would look like self defense in an argument because he did reach for his gun. Even if Jax had this moment of clarity or whatever it still seems forced and a drastic measure.

I guess more than anything I don't like that Jax basically abandoned his kids. I get that he felt that he was doing the right thing and this was the only way...but if this was the real world and not a TV show I think that would bother me a lot.

Razor Shines
12-12-2014, 06:01 PM
Anybody interested in this Marco Polo series Netflix released today? They spent $90M on it, the second most expensive TV show behind Game of Thrones, I'm certainly gonna check it out this weekend and hopefully they didn't waste their money.

Will M
01-06-2015, 03:46 PM
Tonight.
8 PM.
Agent Carter!

She was great in the 1rst Captain America movie & tonight starts an 8 episode mini series. I'm guessing the network was afraid a sci fi series set during WWII & starring a female action hero was too risky ratings wise so they only wanted to commit to a short run. The previews look great.

dougdirt
01-06-2015, 03:48 PM
Tonight.
8 PM.
Agent Carter!

She was great in the 1rst Captain America movie & tonight starts an 8 episode mini series. I'm guessing the network was afraid a sci fi series set during WWII & starring a female action hero was too risky ratings wise so they only wanted to commit to a short run. The previews look great.

I'm intrigued by it, but I'm also thinking I'm going to wait it out and watch it all at once. For a mini-series, I like that plan of action.

dougdirt
01-06-2015, 04:00 PM
Anybody interested in this Marco Polo series Netflix released today? They spent $90M on it, the second most expensive TV show behind Game of Thrones, I'm certainly gonna check it out this weekend and hopefully they didn't waste their money.

I've made it a few episodes in. I just haven't had as much time for entertainment as I try to complete my book. But, it's finished as of 5 minutes ago. So I will probably pick back up. So far I've been impressed with it. What did you think?

Razor Shines
01-06-2015, 07:13 PM
I've made it a few episodes in. I just haven't had as much time for entertainment as I try to complete my book. But, it's finished as of 5 minutes ago. So I will probably pick back up. So far I've been impressed with it. What did you think?

Got busy too. I made it through one episode, as strange as it may sound a dude navigating a harem of naked women isn't quite enough to get me directly to the next episode any more. But I'll certainly pick it back up, I've heard it does get better.

westofyou
01-06-2015, 09:24 PM
Peaky blinders on Netflix is awesome

dougdirt
01-06-2015, 11:30 PM
Peaky blinders on Netflix is awesome

I'm glad someone said something. I've been teetering on whether or not to add it or not.

Roy Tucker
01-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Watching the series Black Mirror on Netflix. Holy crap.

NebraskaRed
01-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Watching the series Black Mirror on Netflix. Holy crap.

I watched the first one...the one with the pig...interesting. Does it get better than that?

Roy Tucker
01-08-2015, 07:23 PM
I watched the first one...the one with the pig...interesting. Does it get better than that?

I'd say so. Deals with a lot of near-future technology gone bad. Problem is, it's believable.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6431214

Stray
01-12-2015, 09:08 AM
The Affair won a bunch of awards at the Golden Globes last night. Maybe it's me, but I thought the show was awful.

BuckeyeRed27
01-12-2015, 11:51 AM
The Affair won a bunch of awards at the Golden Globes last night. Maybe it's me, but I thought the show was awful.

I've watched about half of them, and while I like it, it hasn't blown me away or anything.

Razor Shines
01-16-2015, 07:05 PM
I'd say so. Deals with a lot of near-future technology gone bad. Problem is, it's believable.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6431214

I finished watching them all. That first episode is a little rough to get through but I really like the series. I agree that it's got a Twilight Zone feel.

R_Webb18
01-20-2015, 08:49 PM

I didn't think the show was bad bad but not good enough to win awards.

Razor Shines
02-03-2015, 06:03 PM
I watched the first episode of a show called "Fortitude". About a research community in Antarctica. Kinda reminds me of "The Killing" but with Stanley Tucci as the lead investigator. It was pretty good. It's on Pivot.

BuckeyeRed27
02-04-2015, 11:52 AM
I'm pretty excited for "The Slap" on NBC. It is based on an Australian show of the same name which was awesome. Hopefully NBC didn't mess it up. Has a huge cast for a TV show.

Razor Shines
02-05-2015, 12:26 AM
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia did a True Detective/Birdman style 6+ minute tracking shot tonight.

CoachBombay
02-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Its taken me awhile to watch the final season of Sons of Anarchy. I just rewatched the first 4 with my girlfriend and then we went on to the next 3. TO be honest. This show has just continued to go downhill. During the first few seasons, episodes would end and I couldnt wait to start the next one. Now its just....Is this the last episode yet
I already know how it ends and thats the only reason I continue to watch

dougdirt
02-05-2015, 03:37 PM
I started The Americans the other day. I've only made it one episode in so far, it was pretty good. At the same time I'm just not sure I'm going to stick around for the long haul, Keri Russel and all. I don't want to root against America.

Prior to starting The Americans I finished up the first and only season of Betas (an Amazon show). It was quite good, but I was disappointed in two things: 1, why can't Margo Harshman keep more work and 2, why couldn't this get a second season?

BuckeyeRed27
02-05-2015, 05:10 PM
I started The Americans the other day. I've only made it one episode in so far, it was pretty good. At the same time I'm just not sure I'm going to stick around for the long haul, Keri Russel and all. I don't want to root against America.

Prior to starting The Americans I finished up the first and only season of Betas (an Amazon show). It was quite good, but I was disappointed in two things: 1, why can't Margo Harshman keep more work and 2, why couldn't this get a second season?

"The Americans" starts good and gets great. Season 3 is one of the better things on television. I would stick with it.

Razor Shines
02-05-2015, 06:02 PM

I kinda felt that way about The Americans back in season 1 but it's really never an issue and as Buckeye said it really gets a lot better.

MWM
02-06-2015, 01:05 PM
Loving the way the final season of Justified is shaping up. The Raylan - Boyd interactions have been pretty amazing. I'm really going to miss this show. It isn't profound or cerebral, or make me rethink my worldview or anything. It's just a fun show and very unique in its ability to have the serious elements of a drama, without taking itself too seriously or trying to convince you this is all real. I can't recall another show like it in that regard. The plots are pure fiction, but fun, and the character writing has been brilliant throughout. This is a show that could have kept going without losing much, IMO.

If I have a complaint so far, it's that I thought Sam Elliott was awful in that last episode. It was WAY too much for me. He was like a cartoon character. I hope that doesn't continue. But if I can get past the god-awful acting of Daryl Crowe Jr from last season, I'm sure I'll be able to get past this.

Razor Shines
02-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Best performance of Jake Busey's career.

Razor Shines
02-11-2015, 09:11 PM
So I've been re-watching The Wire over the last month and I started looking at the dates of the original run. I did not realize that The end of The Wire and the beginning of Breaking Bad over lapped. The Wire ended March 9, 2008 and Breaking Bad started January 20, 2008. I didn't start watching Breaking Bad until the second season and I didn't watch The Wire at all while it was originally playing. I envy those people who for 6 weeks or so in 2008 had a double feature of The Wire and Breaking Bad on Sunday nights. I wonder how many people were watching both during that time.

BuckeyeRed27
02-12-2015, 01:14 AM
So I've been re-watching The Wire over the last month and I started looking at the dates of the original run. I did not realize that The end of The Wire and the beginning of Breaking Bad over lapped. The Wire ended March 9, 2008 and Breaking Bad started January 20, 2008. I didn't start watching Breaking Bad until the second season and I didn't watch The Wire at all while it was originally playing. I envy those people who for 6 weeks or so in 2008 had a double feature of The Wire and Breaking Bad on Sunday nights. I wonder how many people were watching both during that time.

I was one of these people. Here's the thing, I hated the first five episodes of Breaking Bad and stopped watching. Oops. I do intend to remedy this one day.

Razor Shines
02-12-2015, 07:03 PM
I was one of these people. Here's the thing, I hated the first five episodes of Breaking Bad and stopped watching. Oops. I do intend to remedy this one day.

Well of course you watched both. You live in LA and your wife works in television, you don't count, you're not a real person.

But seriously, you stopped after the first 5 and have never picked it back up? I kinda envy the binge ride you're going to go on once you pick it back up.

BuckeyeRed27
02-12-2015, 07:43 PM
Well of course you watched both. You live in LA and your wife works in television, you don't count, you're not a real person.

But seriously, you stopped after the first 5 and have never picked it back up? I kinda envy the binge ride you're going to go on once you pick it back up.

I know I know, it seems crazy in hind sight. Due to the whole wife working in TV thing, we watch a tremendous amount of televison, so it is a little hard to binge watch and catch up on something. I think it will be a Summer 2015 project.

NebraskaRed
02-12-2015, 07:46 PM
My wife convinced me to start watching Fresh Off The Boat. I thought the first few episodes was pretty hilarious. It's set in the 90s, and I think they do a lot of good references (especially with music) without overdoing it and making it into "Hey, remember this from the 90s??"

Razor Shines
02-12-2015, 07:55 PM
My wife convinced me to start watching Fresh Off The Boat. I thought the first few episodes was pretty hilarious. It's set in the 90s, and I think they do a lot of good references (especially with music) without overdoing it and making it into "Hey, remember this from the 90s??"

I've thought about watching that. I like Randall Park a lot. Everybody talks about him from The Interview but his Danny Chung character on Veep is one of the best on the show. I heard that Paul Scheer is in Fresh Off the Boat as well.

Razor Shines
03-02-2015, 12:51 AM
I enjoyed tonight's Walking Dead episode a great deal.

Also I'm 3 episodes in to season 3 of House of Cards and can't decide how I feel about it yet.

Will M
03-02-2015, 09:55 AM
loved Agent Carter.

really liked Galavant, a goofy musical comedy show set in the middle ages.

really liking Falling Skies which I missed when it started. I'm halfway through season 2. good mix of action and drama in a sci fi setting.

BuckeyeRed27
03-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Galavant was pretty great, I hope they bring it back. It was the perfect amount of cheesy, entertaining and self aware.

I was excited for "The Slap", unfortunately it has been terrible.

Shamless plug for a show I promise isn't terrible...everyone please watch "Dig" starting this Thursday at 10pm on USA. My wife worked on this one, I've seen the first 3 and it is really good. Has a little Davinci Code to it.

CoachBombay
03-04-2015, 07:51 AM
Anyone watch Shameless? It really makes you feel better about your family. I love that show

dougdirt
03-05-2015, 01:31 AM
Suits!

Binge watched the last four episodes of the season tonight. My brain is melting.

dougdirt
03-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - just released today on Netflix. It was originally supposed to be on NBC, but wound up on Netflix and has already been picked up for a second season. Created by Tina Fay and Robert Carlock (30 Rock/SNL). I watched the first episode at lunch. Fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl4bOuGNMwo

Razor Shines
03-07-2015, 12:32 AM
Need to add that to my queue.

Just finished House of Cards, some things that bothered me but don't want to spoil anything.

I have "Dig" on my DVR, plan on getting to that this weekend.

Razor Shines
03-09-2015, 12:09 AM
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia hasn't been really great for a few seasons, but the most recent episode was a much watch. The did a Family Feud style game show and Keegan-Michael Key was the host, it was great. That could be because I think that Key is the funniest guy on TV right now.

BuckeyeRed27
03-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Watched the pilot of "The Returned" on A&E this week. So far I'd say it is a much better verision of "Resurrection". It is based on a French show and Carolton Cuse of "Lost" fame is the show runner.

CoachBombay
03-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Watched the pilot of "The Returned" on A&E this week. So far I'd say it is a much better verision of "Resurrection". It is based on a French show and Carolton Cuse of "Lost" fame is the show runner.

I was thinking about giving it a shot. I loved the whole premise of Resurrection but I could only make it a few episodes before giving up.

R_Webb18
03-11-2015, 06:09 PM
The french series is really good and its on Netflix.

Razor Shines
03-18-2015, 09:56 AM
Watched the first two episodes of Community last night. It seemed like it's pretty much the same as it's always been. They didn't do an Arrested Development thing.

Raisor
03-23-2015, 07:36 AM
I love crazy Rick Grimes so much

Dom Heffner
03-23-2015, 10:33 AM
I love crazy Rick Grimes so much

What's odd is that I watched him last night and found myself arguing against him until I sat and thought....he's right. He's absolutely right.

Raisor
03-23-2015, 11:57 AM
What's odd is that I watched him last night and found myself arguing against him until I sat and thought....he's right. He's absolutely right.

His transformation into Shane is complete.

Razor Shines
03-24-2015, 04:49 PM
I just watched the Pilot episode of "The Man in The High Castle" an original series on Amazon. I loved it. Amazon has ordered a full season.

CoachBombay
03-25-2015, 08:19 AM
I just finished The Newsroom. What a great show. So what if I cried a little. Also, Shameless. Wow.

marcshoe
03-29-2015, 07:50 PM
This news is about a month old, but I just saw a FB post by Idris Elba that he's currently (early March) filming a new season of Luther. I was afraid this wouldn't happen. Luther has made its way into my all-time top five series.

Raisor
03-29-2015, 11:11 PM
Season 5 of the Walking Dead, from top to bottom, was the best of the series.

Razor Shines
03-30-2015, 12:31 AM
Season 5 of the Walking Dead, from top to bottom, was the best of the series.

That was a great final episode.

19braves77
04-09-2015, 03:42 PM
I am thinking the final message Weiner is going to leave with Madmen is that no one from this era was content with their life.

Last weeks episode was good even though it didn't operate on all cylinders.

Raisor
04-11-2015, 05:50 AM
Just watched episode one of Daredevil on Netflix. Perfect.

Razor Shines
04-12-2015, 12:36 AM

Yeah. Just finished the first two and I'm really enjoying it.

MikeThierry
04-13-2015, 05:08 PM

I binged watched this weekend and I agree. It was perfect. I'll go further and say it's the best superhero TV show of all time. I was totally blown away by it. By the way, did you feel that the hall way fight scene in the second episode was one of the best fighting sequences you've seen in a tv show or movie? Directors doing action flicks need to watch that and take notes. That's how you film an action sequence.

Razor Shines
04-13-2015, 09:39 PM
"It's three in the morning, you know why you're here. Do you want a drink or not?"

Sabo Fan
04-13-2015, 09:41 PM
I binged watched this weekend and I agree. It was perfect. I'll go further and say it's the best superhero TV show of all time. I was totally blown away by it. By the way, did you feel that the hall way fight scene in the second episode was one of the best fighting sequences you've seen in a tv show or movie? Directors doing action flicks need to watch that and take notes. That's how you film an action sequence.

Daredevil was excellent. Love that from a tone perspective it's so different than anything Marvel Studios has done before, but they nailed it. Set the bar really high for the rest of the Marvel series they're releasing on Netflix. Vincent D'Onofrio absolutely knocked it out of the park and has my vote for best villain in any of the Marvel productions. I hope he at least gets nominated for some kind of award for his performance.

I'll admit to being a bigger DC fan than Marvel so I'll stop short of crowning it my favorite comic-based show (that's The Flash for me, which I think is killing it in just the first season) but they took a character in Daredevil that I had pretty low interest in and motivated me to watch the whole series in two days.

marcshoe
04-13-2015, 09:59 PM
I'm a bigger DC fan too, but I got hooked on Daredevil during Frank Miller's legendary run. I've watched the first two episodes, and I love the tone. A warning for the squeamish: this ain't Comic Book Violence.

Raisor
04-14-2015, 06:56 PM
Matt Murdoch is my favorite marvel character, has been since Born Again. This show have me goose bumps it was so good.
I have two more eps to watch.

Redsfaithful
04-14-2015, 10:57 PM
Is Daredevil worth watching if I don't care about superheroes? I liked Nolan's Batman trilogy.

Razor Shines
04-15-2015, 12:14 AM
Is Daredevil worth watching if I don't care about superheroes? I liked Nolan's Batman trilogy.

I think so. There are some similarities to Nolan's Batman movies, some of the same themes.

MikeThierry
04-15-2015, 10:21 AM

It's actually almost like Nolan's Batman trilogy where it's a crime story that happens to have a guy being a superhero; not a superhero story and everything else fits around it, almost forced. Even for non-superhero fans it's a good watch. From my understanding, both the Nolan Trilogy and Daredevil on netflix take from Frank Miller's version of each character so there are some similarities there.

I'll admit to being a bigger DC fan than Marvel so I'll stop short of crowning it my favorite comic-based show (that's The Flash for me, which I think is killing it in just the first season) but they took a character in Daredevil that I had pretty low interest in and motivated me to watch the whole series in two days.

I'm loving The Flash right now. I guess why I rate Daredevil so high is the production value. The cinematography is excellent, the direction is excellent, the acting is spot on, etc. It's probably unfair to use Daredevil as a metric to judge comic book TV shows because there is probably more funds for Daredevil being on Netflix.

ac084c
04-17-2015, 10:39 AM
Watched Episode 1 of Daredevil last night and was in awe. Totally blows away Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD (though I only got through one season of that).

Bravo, Netflix.

LoganBuck
04-17-2015, 12:09 PM
Watched Episode 1 of Daredevil last night and was in awe. Totally blows away Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD (though I only got through one season of that).

Bravo, Netflix.

Daredevil would have been better had it condensed episodes 5-12 into 4 episodes. Episodes 11 and 12 were especially bad, in this regard. Overall I liked it, but the first 1/3 of the shows were better than the last 2/3.

Agents of Shield is a completely different type of show than Daredevil, I really wish they would stop comparing the two. Quick MCU connection, Matt Murdock and Skye would have been at Saint Agnes Orphanage at the same time.

ac084c
04-18-2015, 10:41 AM
Daredevil would have been better had it condensed episodes 5-12 into 4 episodes. Episodes 11 and 12 were especially bad, in this regard. Overall I liked it, but the first 1/3 of the shows were better than the last 2/3.

Agents of Shield is a completely different type of show than Daredevil, I really wish they would stop comparing the two. Quick MCU connection, Matt Murdock and Skye would have been at Saint Agnes Orphanage at the same time.

I'm through the first 5 episodes now and still think this show is excellent.... culmination of Episode 4 especially was amazing. I haven't seen Vincent Denofrio in a role like this since Full Metal Jacket.

I wasn't trying to compare those shows, just saying that for MCU products (though with very different genres) Daredevil has easily been the best one for me.

MikeThierry
04-27-2015, 04:14 PM
I would suggest giving Agents of SHIELD another chance. It's become a decent show in season 2.

bucksfan2
04-28-2015, 02:41 PM
Almost finished with Bloodline on Netflix. I have thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it.

marcshoe
04-28-2015, 10:56 PM
I've finished 'Daredevil' and 'The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' in the past week. Those two could be the same show.

dougdirt
04-30-2015, 10:37 PM
Deadbeat on Hulu - Season 2 is out. Just finished it. Loved it. Where season 3 goes will be interesting.... but I already am tired of waiting and I finished the last episode this afternoon.

CoachBombay
05-06-2015, 07:44 AM
Rewatching Aaron Sorkins Sports Night. God i love this show, anyone watch it way back when?

KronoRed
05-06-2015, 10:07 PM
Rewatching Aaron Sorkins Sports Night. God i love this show, anyone watch it way back when?

I did, still a great show.

marcshoe
05-06-2015, 10:55 PM

Never missed an episode. I still think of those roles when I see the actors.

CoachBombay
05-07-2015, 02:14 PM
Big Time in Hollywood Florida is so dumb that it may actually be the funniest TV show of all time

Chip R
05-09-2015, 11:54 AM

Watched it in reruns. Some good stuff and brilliantly acted. But overall I think it was overrated. The whole Dana/Casey thing was annoying. If you've watched The West Wing and Studio 60 and his other works, there are a lot of his tropes in there. Mainly intelligent, competent women who for some reason are trainwrecks in their personal lives. It probably didn't help that Sorkin was doing The West Wing and crack at the same time he was doing Sports Night.

marcshoe
05-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Still, it was better than the other show that was loosely based on SportsCenter, '30 Rock'.

19braves77
05-12-2015, 11:53 AM
Wow with the last episode of Madmen, Kiernan Shipka, January Jones. This episode will get some rewards.

ac084c
05-12-2015, 01:42 PM
I picked Agents of Shield back up and got through the first season on Netflix. It definitely picks up in the second half and I really appreciated the tie-in with the plot of CA:WS.

That being said... 22 episodes is a ton in a season... especially with 40+ minute shows.

TRF
05-13-2015, 01:48 PM
Loved DD, and am loving this seasons Agents of Shield. Over on the CW, Flash was a lot better than I expected, and Arrow has gotten better too.

But Gotham.. I love Gotham.

LoganBuck
05-14-2015, 10:14 AM
I picked Agents of Shield back up and got through the first season on Netflix. It definitely picks up in the second half and I really appreciated the tie-in with the plot of CA:WS.

That being said... 22 episodes is a ton in a season... especially with 40+ minute shows.

Season 2 is better.

Stray
05-14-2015, 05:42 PM
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uxGbhO4ag

Razor Shines
05-14-2015, 05:52 PM
Can't wait.

Me either. I think that VV can be amazing in this role. I would imagine it was hard for him to get considering the films he's been doing for the last 10 years.

ac084c
05-18-2015, 05:50 PM
I'm now caught up on Agents of Shield. Season 2 was much better than S1.

Boston Red
05-19-2015, 10:29 AM
Couldn't get enough Breaking Bad? Interested in the legal issues raised in the show? Well, then you're in luck! The New Mexico Law Review has devoted an entire issue to the law of Breaking Bad.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2015/05/18/law-review-publishes-entire-issue-dedicated-to-breaking-bad/

_Sir_Charles_
05-19-2015, 11:09 AM
Just a quick thanks to Raisor who suggested I check out Arrested Development. Nearly through with the first season. Top notch.

_Sir_Charles_
05-19-2015, 11:10 AM

I've loved everything Sorkin's done. West Wing is still my all-time favorite series.

ac084c
05-19-2015, 12:13 PM
Can't wait.

This show better stay good... Game of Thrones is now nearly unwatchable for me.

BuckeyeRed27
05-19-2015, 04:09 PM
This show better stay good... Game of Thrones is now nearly unwatchable for me.

Really? Why is that?

ac084c
05-19-2015, 06:04 PM
Really? Why is that?

Well, I really liked the books and the divergence from the books is an annoyance. But the writing has taken a huge turn for the worse, in my opinion.

Redsfaithful
05-19-2015, 10:42 PM
Yeah GoT has gone downhill. I thought getting past the books would be awesome, hasn't worked out that way. I saw someone write somewhere that the Jaime in Dorne stuff looks straight out of Xena: Warrior Princess, and I can't say I disagree (and that's just one of many problems.)

BuckeyeRed27
05-20-2015, 11:11 AM
Well, I really liked the books and the divergence from the books is an annoyance. But the writing has taken a huge turn for the worse, in my opinion.

Ah interesting. I haven't read the books and I have thought this season has been awesome. This past weeks episode was probably the worst this season, but the three before it I thought were great.

Ohayou
05-20-2015, 08:01 PM
Anyone here watch The Voice? A 16 year old kid by the name of Sawyer Fredericks won last night. I personally think he's incredible. If you're into old folk, soul, or blues, definitely check him out.

Here's his 'blind audition':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFH9LQLGNbk

Stray
05-31-2015, 11:08 PM
The 2nd half of Game of Thrones tonight was all kinds of awesome.

Will M
06-01-2015, 12:12 AM
I wanted to like Daredevil but it was just way way over the top violent. I understand why it needed to be darker than the rest of the Marvel TV/movies but it went far beyond what I can stomach.

Ohayou
06-01-2015, 01:16 AM
The 2nd half of Game of Thrones tonight was all kinds of awesome.

Thrilling stuff, indeed, although I did find it amusing how close their boat was to the shore in that one shot. :laugh:

Stray
06-01-2015, 10:09 AM
Thrilling stuff, indeed, although I did find it amusing how close their boat was to the shore in that one shot. :laugh:

Lol yeah, I'd have been rowing a LOT faster than that.

ac084c
06-01-2015, 10:21 AM
Lol yeah, I'd have been rowing a LOT faster than that.

They weren't rowing at all. And I hate how they've transitioned the wights from season to season.... Why are they suddenly 28 Days Later Zombies and Pirates of the Caribbean skeletons that can move crazy fast?

Stray
06-01-2015, 10:23 AM
They weren't rowing at all. And I hate how they've transitioned the wights from season to season.... Why are they suddenly 28 Days Later Zombies and Pirates of the Caribbean skeletons that can move crazy fast?

Show has a huge budget per episode now, so I assume they're just able to do a lot better CGI now than they were then.

Ohayou
06-01-2015, 04:14 PM

They were drifting what looked to be pretty far away from the shore, but then we see that birds eye shot, and apparently they're closer than ever. I just thought it was funny.

ac084c
06-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Show has a huge budget per episode now, so I assume they're just able to do a lot better CGI now than they were then.

As a book-reader, that annoys me. The wights in the first couple seasons were more true to the books than what they've got going now. Seems like a cheap way to inject action to me. I know a lot of people loved this week's episode. It was just okay for me - especially for a battle that never happened in the books (or at least not on page).

I know I probably sound like a wet blanket.

- - - Updated - - -

They were drifting what looked to be pretty far away from the shore, but then we see that birds eye shot, and apparently they're closer than ever. I just thought it was funny.

I just thought it was funny that when you look at the guys in the boat that are supposed to be rowing... they're not. you'd think they'd be working triple-time.

Raisor
06-09-2015, 05:07 PM
Perfect casting alert!

Jon Bernthal has signed on as Frank Castle for season 2 of Daredevil

Razor Shines
06-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Perfect casting alert!

Jon Bernthal has signed on as Frank Castle for season 2 of Daredevil

I've seen him as modern day Sheriff Shane in Walking Dead and as WWII Tank Shane in Fury. Punisher Shane should be good.

BuckeyeRed27
06-22-2015, 03:25 PM
Watched "Ballers" last night. Thought it was pretty stupid, not sure I'll keep watching.

Razor Shines
06-22-2015, 08:42 PM
Watched "Ballers" last night. Thought it was pretty stupid, not sure I'll keep watching.

Yeah, I didn't watch it yet and I just don't know if I can.

dabvu2498
06-22-2015, 08:45 PM
What were opinions of True Detective Season 2? It's got one more episode of my time, then I'm out.

Redsfaithful
06-23-2015, 01:24 AM
What were opinions of True Detective Season 2? It's got one more episode of my time, then I'm out.

I've thought for awhile the show runner didn't understand why people enjoyed the first season. I'll watch because I love noir, but I think it may suck, unfortunately. Hope it surprises me.

BuckeyeRed27
06-23-2015, 01:20 PM

I thought it was really hard to watch. Everything was so forced and deliberate. I'm with you, I'll give it another week just to make sure, but I can't think of anything I liked in the first episode.

dougdirt
06-25-2015, 01:05 AM
I enjoyed the first episode of Ballers, though I absolutely understand why some wouldn't like it.

Suits came back on tonight, but I haven't watched it yet. It will be a few days - I'm in a wedding on Friday, and rehearsal is tomorrow - so both of those on top of running the website means no time at all on either of those days for anything that isn't completely essential. I can't wait until Saturday to get a chance to sit down and watch it though. One of my favorite shows.

I started watching Clipped on TBS. It's only 2 episodes in. Nothing special - but I enjoy it.

Under the Dome comes back on Thursday. I'm not sure how I feel about it at this point, but I'm going to give it a few episodes into this season to keep me watching.

Mountain Men just came back on History. Love it. Eustache cracks me up. Tom.... it might be time to hang it up and move to Florida with the family. Anyone else watching this?

Also, American Ninja Warrior is back. Does anyone else watch this? I can't get enough of it, but I will admit, the qualifying is painful at times. These people get on with these heartfelt stories then can't make it past two obstacles. That is incredibly annoying when others have to wait in line for 10 days to MAYBE get a shot to run the course and actually can finish it. Once the city finals roll around, then it's real fun.

NebraskaRed
06-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Despite M. Night Shyamalan's involvement, despite Matt Dillon's really terrible acting, the wife and I are really enjoying Wayward Pines so far.

Redsfaithful
06-25-2015, 07:12 PM
I got spoiled on Wayward Pines, which is a shame, the previews looked interesting.

NebraskaRed
06-29-2015, 10:13 AM
True Detective is the most mumble-mouthed show I've ever watched. Every single characters speaks in a garbled whisper.

I'm sort of enjoying this season so far, but it's nowhere near as good as the first season.

BuckeyeRed27
06-29-2015, 11:03 AM
Really liked the Mr. Robot pilot.

Dom Heffner
07-08-2015, 09:25 PM
True Detective is the most mumble-mouthed show I've ever watched. Every single characters speaks in a garbled whisper.

I'm sort of enjoying this season so far, but it's nowhere near as good as the first season.

It took me a spell to catch on to this "Oh this is campy" thing, once I did, it's a little better.

But really- just because something is David Lynch-esque does not mean it's good, some of the dialogue is really bad, the coincidences are worse than a Seinfeld episode...

To your point about the audio- I had to go throuh about 5 different modes on the receiver to find one that let me hear what the heck they were saying.

The opening sequence with Vince Vaughn's monologue went on to the point where I wanted to fast forward it...

I like it, but I don't think it's because it's good.

BuckeyeRed27
07-10-2015, 10:11 PM
http://youtu.be/crjkQHnDYu0

This is the trailer for my wife's new show that premiered at Comic Con today. Show is based on the Terry Brooks novels.

Razor Shines
07-12-2015, 10:08 PM
Anyone else kinda feel like they didn't earn the violence of that last ten minutes of True Detective?

NebraskaRed
07-13-2015, 07:32 AM
Anyone else kinda feel like they didn't earn the violence of that last ten minutes of True Detective?

Yes. They are repeating the same pattern with each episode: bad dialogue and boring conversations, a little tiny bit of progress made in the investigation, more bad dialogue and boring conversations that re-state the same thing again and again, then a WHOA LOOK AT THAT ending to make you forget the previous 45 minutes.

Will M
07-13-2015, 01:11 PM
http://youtu.be/crjkQHnDYu0

This is the trailer for my wife's new show that premiered at Comic Con today. Show is based on the Terry Brooks novels.

Its going to be on MTV? that seems an odd place for a fantasy show.

the trailer looks really really good. I hope the plot/characters are as good as the effects/sets/costumes. if I recall from my youth the books were pretty good. if they don't deviate too much from the basic plot they'll be ok. the 2010 Clash of the Titans movie had some of the greatest source material ever & it was just awful because they twisted everything around (see also the Dwayne Johnson Hercules movie). The MCU movies (Iron Man, etc) are a great example of using the source material to make good movies.

if Shannara does well maybe we'll get the Dragonriders of Pern TV series!

Stray
07-13-2015, 01:42 PM
Yea this season of True Detective has been super disappointing. The ending of last night's episode was just me watching some actors act out a violent scene. Wasn't suspenseful, didn't have me on the edge of my seat, wasn't believable, was just a scene.

I've watched every episode and really have no idea what's going on. End up screwing around on computer or phone during most episodes or I space out

19braves77
07-13-2015, 02:15 PM

Last night episode was a little bit better but this seasons biggest problem is no one cares about the murder case and cant rival what was happening to those little girls out in the woods from Season 1. I cant believe that out of all the actors in this show I am enjoying Vince Vaughn and his character the most. I will continue to watch hoping for a huge payoff but I doubt I get it.

BuckeyeRed27
07-13-2015, 02:27 PM
Its going to be on MTV? that seems an odd place for a fantasy show.

the trailer looks really really good. I hope the plot/characters are as good as the effects/sets/costumes. if I recall from my youth the books were pretty good. if they don't deviate too much from the basic plot they'll be ok. the 2010 Clash of the Titans movie had some of the greatest source material ever & it was just awful because they twisted everything around (see also the Dwayne Johnson Hercules movie). The MCU movies (Iron Man, etc) are a great example of using the source material to make good movies.

if Shannara does well maybe we'll get the Dragonriders of Pern TV series!

MTV is a weird spot, but this is not a very MTV type show. A lot of networks are trying to do more high concept stuff to compete and this show has a nice budget (at least as much as "Teen Mom").

If you have read the books it actually starts in the 2nd book of the original trilogy which is "Elfstones of Shannara" and stays pretty close to the plot.

I've got to see the first 4 and have really enjoyed them.

marcshoe
07-13-2015, 03:33 PM
I'll watch. Shanara was my first exposure to non-Tolkein high fantasy.

Dom Heffner
07-16-2015, 12:41 PM
Yea this season of True Detective has been super disappointing. The ending of last night's episode was just me watching some actors act out a violent scene. Wasn't suspenseful, didn't have me on the edge of my seat, wasn't believable, was just a scene.

I've watched every episode and really have no idea what's going on. End up screwing around on computer or phone during most episodes or I space out

Not only is Taylor Kitsch's girlfriend pregnant, her gaydar is completely broken.

I think I'm out on this season, pretty dumb.

dabvu2498
07-18-2015, 09:02 AM
Not only is Taylor Kitsch's girlfriend pregnant, her gaydar is completely broken.

I think I'm out on this season, pretty dumb.

I'm going to hate-watch the rest. It's only 4 more hours, anyway.

Never has a TV show concept gone from perfectly executed to unwatchable in one season. Of course, I have to finish watching.

dougdirt
07-19-2015, 10:02 AM
Last night I sat down and watched the final three episodes of Parks and Recreation. I held off on watching them because I didn't want it to end. It was wonderful, but now I'm just sad on the inside.

Redsfaithful
07-19-2015, 03:54 PM
Something interesting about True Detective is that both seasons have loosely been based on true stories. There really are towns like Vinci in California:

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-vernon-true-detective-20150619-story.html

And season 1:

http://jezebel.com/did-a-horrifying-real-satanic-sex-abuse-case-inspire-tr-1533541931

I think this is an interesting framework that could lead to more good seasons, even if one bombs here and there.

westofyou
07-19-2015, 04:07 PM
Vernon had a PCL team too, all factories and a pro team

marcshoe
07-19-2015, 04:15 PM
Last night's Hannibal (now moved to Saturday, as if we didn't get the message that NBC is washing its hands of the show) was the most messed-up hour of television I've ever seen. I don't often resort to absolutes, but this one doesn't take much thought. I won't include spoilers as such, but that pig. That eel.

Mason Verger makes Hannibal look normal.

Razor Shines
07-19-2015, 10:04 PM
I don't know if it was better or I was just trying harder but that episode held my attention more than any other.

marcshoe
07-19-2015, 10:11 PM
I don't know if it was better or I was just trying harder but that episode held my attention more than any other.

It did have a different director than the last few and he told the story in a more straightforward way, without all the dreamlike cutaways to snails and such. The story was bizarre enough on its own, anyway.

19braves77
07-27-2015, 06:13 PM
Binged watch Wayward Pines. Me likey and had a great ending.

BuckeyeRed27
07-28-2015, 11:10 AM
It did have a different director than the last few and he told the story in a more straightforward way, without all the dreamlike cutaways to snails and such. The story was bizarre enough on its own, anyway.

Just got around to watching it the other night and yeah that was messed up. The thing with the pig was next level messed up. I'm really going to miss this show.

Stray
07-31-2015, 12:20 AM
I'm not sure that I've ever seen any show go from such a high to such a low in 2 seasons like True Detective has. Like literally one of the best shows I've ever watched to hate watching it the next year.

Homeland was able to rebound after some bad seasons, tho none as bad as this True Detective, but maybe TD can get it together if it gets another season or two.

If anything, the inevitable slow death that still keeps ppl tuning in like Dexter did is better. HBO is big and bad enough to demand better or nothing at all from TD.

NebraskaRed
07-31-2015, 08:30 PM
I'm not sure that I've ever seen any show go from such a high to such a low in 2 seasons like True Detective has. Like literally one of the best shows I've ever watched to hate watching it the next year.

Homeland was able to rebound after some bad seasons, tho none as bad as this True Detective, but maybe TD can get it together if it gets another season or two.

If anything, the inevitable slow death that still keeps ppl tuning in like Dexter did is better. HBO is big and bad enough to demand better or nothing at all from TD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NItT8vlq3I&feature=youtu.be NSFW language

TheBigLebowski
08-02-2015, 10:56 PM
F
I'm going to hate-watch the rest. It's only 4 more hours, anyway.

Never has a TV show concept gone from perfectly executed to unwatchable in one season. Of course, I have to finish watching.
It's probably surprising but I have never had any exposure to the phrase "hate watch" before.

And the concept has me LOL'ing.

BuckeyeRed27
08-03-2015, 03:19 PM
"Wet Hot American Summer" on Netflix has been amazing. I've watched the first 6 so far.

dabvu2498
08-03-2015, 08:23 PM
F
It's probably surprising but I have never had any exposure to the phrase "hate watch" before.

And the concept has me LOL'ing.

This guy pretty much nails it:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/true-detective-black-maps-and-motel-rooms-review-080315

19braves77
08-04-2015, 08:37 AM
My biggest problem with True Detective was we were introduced to too many characters and last weeks reveal about the diamonds was a more interesting plot-line then who killed Ben Caspere. Also, some terrible dialogue that just makes no sense. I agree with everything this article says:

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/let-true-detectives-total-absurdity-wash-all-over-you-1721692194

NebraskaRed
08-04-2015, 03:47 PM
My biggest problem with True Detective was we were introduced to too many characters and last weeks reveal about the diamonds was a more interesting plot-line then who killed Ben Caspere. Also, some terrible dialogue that just makes no sense. I agree with everything this article says:

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/let-true-detectives-total-absurdity-wash-all-over-you-1721692194

It's really bad storytelling. All the sudden there are orphan twins who play a pivotal role? Wut?

Larry Schuler
08-04-2015, 05:58 PM
Sunday's episode should have been episode 4 of the series. Now, things are finally getting interesting and the mystery is finally becoming important to the characters and we have one episode left. Such a slog to get to something good and now it's almost done.

Joseph
08-04-2015, 06:32 PM
I watched Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp. I love a lot of the actors in it and for pure excitement on that level I enjoyed it. However the story was a bit all over for me and didn't leave me happy in the end. 2 stars of 5.

I also just binged out on the latest season of Arrested Development. I must have missed something, because I don't feel like they wrapped everything up. I still like the show though.

Stray
08-05-2015, 12:49 AM
Yeah, even tho I've watched every episode, so many of the characters were forgettable that I can't figure out what's going on now that it's pulling everything together. Like hmm, okay this sounds good but who is that guy? Oh right he stole some diamonds or something, and maybe was a cop. Too little too late.

Altho Riggins dying kinda sucked, even tho his character was not that interesting. How'd that dude know he'd come out there anyway? That whole shootout underground seemed like it spanned at least a few blocks.

bucksfan2
08-05-2015, 11:38 AM
True Detective has at least kept my interest, kinda.

I agree with too many people and do think the story line jumps all over the place. My biggest beef is Vince Vaughn was a horrible, just horrible, casting job. I think Colin Farrell has been pretty good in his roll, same about Rachael McAdams. Taylor whats his name has been ok, but unnecessary if you ask me. I think the series could/should have been better had they followed the Season 1 example of just two detectives.

wolfboy
08-05-2015, 12:43 PM
True Detective has at least kept my interest, kinda.

I agree with too many people and do think the story line jumps all over the place. My biggest beef is Vince Vaughn was a horrible, just horrible, casting job. I think Colin Farrell has been pretty good in his roll, same about Rachael McAdams. Taylor whats his name has been ok, but unnecessary if you ask me. I think the series could/should have been better had they followed the Season 1 example of just two detectives.

I agree on Vaughn. His dialogue has been terrible and his acting has matched it. I've really enjoyed Farrell and McAdams, but I was slow to get there. Not sure what to think about Kitsch's character. I tend to agree that the show could have done without it. Nonetheless, I think he's done a decent job on the acting side. One big thing in my mind that's missing from S1 to S2 is the location as a plot device. Rural Louisiana was the most fascinating character in S1 if you ask me. You couldn't separate the plot from the location because the plot was the location in many ways. Contrast that with S2 where I feel as if I don't even need to know where it takes place. And all the overhead shots of LA's maze of highways hasn't convinced me otherwise. Having said all that, I've still enjoyed this season. Not nearly as good as Season 1, but still something I'd watch as a stand alone. I hope Nic Pizzolatto gets a shot at a S3 to see if he can recapture some of the magic S1 had. Unfortunately, I suspect that won't happen without Cary Fukunaga (S1 director).

bucksfan2
08-05-2015, 02:00 PM
I agree on Vaughn. His dialogue has been terrible and his acting has matched it. I've really enjoyed Farrell and McAdams, but I was slow to get there. Not sure what to think about Kitsch's character. I tend to agree that the show could have done without it. Nonetheless, I think he's done a decent job on the acting side. One big thing in my mind that's missing from S1 to S2 is the location as a plot device. Rural Louisiana was the most fascinating character in S1 if you ask me. You couldn't separate the plot from the location because the plot was the location in many ways. Contrast that with S2 where I feel as if I don't even need to know where it takes place. And all the overhead shots of LA's maze of highways hasn't convinced me otherwise. Having said all that, I've still enjoyed this season. Not nearly as good as Season 1, but still something I'd watch as a stand alone. I hope Nic Pizzolatto gets a shot at a S3 to see if he can recapture some of the magic S1 had. Unfortunately, I suspect that won't happen without Cary Fukunaga (S1 director).

Good call about Louisiana, the rural aspect of it gave a creepy kind of addition to the series. It fit with the direction the series moved throughout the entire season.

It took a while with Farrell but he has really developed into his broken down corrupt cop. The beaten down character with drug and alcohol abuse trying to hold onto his last ray of hope, his son, that he really seems awkward around anyways. I think with McAdams's character you finally begin to see a lot of why she is who she is. I hate the mayor because he I have a hard time understand what he is saying. I don't mind Kitsch's character, I just find it unnecessary. What made the first season so good was the relationship between Harrelson and McConaughey, the odd nature to start, development, flame out and fight, and then reconciliation. With the current season you just have so many pieces its tough to tell what is going on.

Razor Shines
08-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Halt and Catch Fire S2 was much better than S1 and I liked S1.

Which brings up a funny point about how little I care about the characters in True Detective.

We watched this week's True Detective and then watch the Halt and Catch Fire finale after that my wife asked me something like "Do you think any of the other main characters from True Detective will die?"

I was like "wait who died?"

An hour later I had already forgotten that Kitsch died. I saw it, I just didn't care.

Redsfaithful
08-05-2015, 04:24 PM
It's a bummer that Halt and Catch Fire's ratings were so low. Probably looking at cancellation, but I think it developed into one of the best shows on television in season 2.

Razor Shines
08-05-2015, 04:42 PM
It's a bummer that Halt and Catch Fire's ratings were so low. Probably looking at cancellation, but I think it developed into one of the best shows on television in season 2.

Yeah, I really hope it comes back. I'm guessing McMillan is kinda supposed to be McAfee?

dabvu2498
08-05-2015, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I really hope it comes back. I'm guessing McMillan is kinda supposed to be McAfee?

That's what I was thinking, too. Cardiff was obviously Compaq. What's the basis for Mutiny? AOL?

And the contrast with True Detective is accurate. HACF created complex characters. I like Gordon, but... I like Joe, but... I like Donna, but... I like Cameron, but... I like John... Well, I just like John.

TD Season 2 characters? Donnnnnntttttt caaaaaarrrrreeeee.

westofyou
08-05-2015, 09:01 PM
That's what I was thinking, too. Cardiff was obviously Compaq. What's the basis for Mutiny? AOL?

And the contrast with True Detective is accurate. HACF created complex characters. I like Gordon, but... I like Joe, but... I like Donna, but... I like Cameron, but... I like John... Well, I just like John.

TD Season 2 characters? Donnnnnntttttt caaaaaarrrrreeeee.

I like TD this year, not a lot

But I like the mess for some reason. It's me for sure, but it's not the worst thing I've ever seen

Halt was great this season, Joe bores me, the Mutiny crowd reminds me of ventures I've lived in

westofyou
08-05-2015, 09:03 PM

Great show

wolfboy
08-06-2015, 10:35 AM

I need to finally watch this. I have S2 on DVR. Does anyone know if S1 is on Netflix streaming? About time I actually used it since I've been paying for it for God knows how long. :bang:

Razor Shines
08-06-2015, 11:33 AM
Anyone completely caught up on Mr. Robot? I watched the first two in the first two weeks, the rest on are on DVR and I'm kinda on the fence about continuing. I just found it difficult to take Christian Slater serious as that character. Is it worth catching up on this season?

BuckeyeRed27
08-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Anyone completely caught up on Mr. Robot? I watched the first two in the first two weeks, the rest on are on DVR and I'm kinda on the fence about continuing. I just found it difficult to take Christian Slater serious as that character. Is it worth catching up on this season?

I love it, but I have liked it from the start. I just love how unique it is.

Redsfaithful
08-06-2015, 02:38 PM
I need to finally watch this. I have S2 on DVR. Does anyone know if S1 is on Netflix streaming? About time I actually used it since I've been paying for it for God knows how long. :bang:

It should be, I watched season 1 on Netflix a month or two before season 2 started.

wolfboy
08-06-2015, 05:36 PM
It should be, I watched season 1 on Netflix a month or two before season 2 started.

Huh. The last time I checked I don't think it was there. That was before S2, but I don't recall how long before. I'll check and update this post.

NebraskaRed
08-10-2015, 12:01 PM
So, now that season 2 of TD is over, I can say that I didn't hate it. That's about the best I can do in terms of praise. It had a lot of good ideas, but suffered from very, very poor execution.

Really, it seemed like the scripts were all rough drafts that needed a lot of revision. I think if someone had stepped in to fix all of the storytelling issues, rewrite a lot of the dialogue, and pay more attention to establishing a setting, that the season would almost have worked.

And speaking of the setting, that last episode finally started to use southern Ca. locations, establish an atmosphere, and it was so much better! Why they didn't do this in earlier episodes, I have no idea.

RedTeamGo!
08-10-2015, 01:07 PM
So, now that season 2 of TD is over, I can say that I didn't hate it. That's about the best I can do in terms of praise. It had a lot of good ideas, but suffered from very, very poor execution.

Really, it seemed like the scripts were all rough drafts that needed a lot of revision. I think if someone had stepped in to fix all of the storytelling issues, rewrite a lot of the dialogue, and pay more attention to establishing a setting, that the season would almost have worked.

And speaking of the setting, that last episode finally started to use southern Ca. locations, establish an atmosphere, and it was so much better! Why they didn't do this in earlier episodes, I have no idea.

Vince Vaughn was just soooo bad. I think it was mostly because of the script, but man, just terrible.

Redsfaithful
08-10-2015, 01:22 PM
I thought Vince Vaughn was pretty good the last two episodes actually.

I think the show redeemed itself overall quite a bit in the second half of the season, kind of the opposite of season one where it lost some steam towards the end. But it was still underwhelming.

I hope a third season happens, it's interesting television.

Razor Shines
08-10-2015, 01:29 PM
I agree that a lot of VV's dialogue was bad but I had no problem with the way he played the character. He brought some levity to the show.

BuckeyeRed27
08-10-2015, 01:48 PM
I watched Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp. I love a lot of the actors in it and for pure excitement on that level I enjoyed it. However the story was a bit all over for me and didn't leave me happy in the end. 2 stars of 5.

I just finished it and it does run out of steam a bit by the end. If you don't mind how over the top it is, it is still pretty entertaining.

Stray
08-10-2015, 04:14 PM
I totally lost interest in the TD finale when they spent the first 10 mins on Frank telling his wife to go and her saying no she wouldn't go.

19braves77
08-10-2015, 08:54 PM
I was disappointed in the TD finale.

I think the selection of actors for Season 3 if they decide to do will weigh heavily whether or not I watch it.

Larry Schuler
08-10-2015, 08:55 PM
You made the right call. Nothing else happened in the following 85 minutes of a 95 minute television show.

RedTeamGo!
08-10-2015, 09:02 PM
You made the right call. Nothing else happened in the following 85 minutes of a 95 minute television show.

I agree, why provide your opinion on a television show when you can just tear down someone else's.

Stray
08-10-2015, 11:00 PM

I watched. Poorly developed characters died which was pretty much expected.

It was a terrible season for a show that was at an incredible high going in. Not even on the casting or actors as much since the writing was hilariously bad.

marcshoe
08-11-2015, 12:49 AM
This should all make me wary of Fargo's second season, but the cast (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3836974/?ref_=ttep_ep1) includes Bruce Campbell as Ronald Reagan and Nick Offerman playing a character named Karl Weathers. No, there will not be an Arrested Development crossover.

Razor Shines
08-13-2015, 06:52 PM
On to better shows...Difficult People on Hulu is awesome.

marcshoe
08-15-2015, 07:14 PM
I watch Flash, but I hadn't seen Arrow so I've been watching season one. Honestly, I'm getting tired of everyone on the show being ridiculously rich and good looking. I expect it to morph into Dynasty at any time.

Ohayou
08-15-2015, 07:36 PM
In case anyone missed it, there's now a Top 250 for TV shows on IMDb:

http://www.imdb.com/chart/toptv

marcshoe
08-16-2015, 02:57 PM
IMDb's lists are weird. I looked it over, and my reaction was, "Man, anime fans sure like to vote!"

bucksfan2
08-17-2015, 11:48 AM
Stupid True Detective, got me longing for more.

While most of the season I thought was poor, the last episode was pretty good. It left me wanting to know what the reporter in Venezuela would do, how everything would play out.

I thought Vaughn was terrible, although I did appreciate the final scene with him, some of the dialogue was difficult to follow, but I enjoyed the final episode.

Redsfaithful
08-17-2015, 03:41 PM
Just watched Mr Robot and it is tremendous. Can't say enough good things about it. Cinematic - can't believe it is on USA. How it didn't land on HBO, AMC, FX is beyond me.

BuckeyeRed27
08-17-2015, 03:44 PM
Just watched Mr Robot and it is tremendous. Can't say enough good things about it. Cinematic - can't believe it is on USA. How it didn't land on HBO, AMC, FX is beyond me.

I just came to this thread to find the post a couple pages back about it. Episodes 7 and 8 are seriously some of the best stuff I have ever seen on TV. If you dropped this one...go pick it back up.

Dom Heffner
08-17-2015, 04:48 PM
Stupid True Detective, got me longing for more.

While most of the season I thought was poor, the last episode was pretty good. It left me wanting to know what the reporter in Venezuela would do, how everything would play out.

I thought Vaughn was terrible, although I did appreciate the final scene with him, some of the dialogue was difficult to follow, but I enjoyed the final episode.

I admit I missed watching on Sunday.

It kinda gets under your skin. I can't say that I liked it...it was actually pretty bad...

But Colin Farrell's performance was really good. I miss that character.

Stray
08-20-2015, 11:44 PM

I've heard great things about it. Might binge watch this weekend.

Larry Schuler
08-21-2015, 02:54 AM

The day this hits Netflix or Amazon Prime, I'm binging. Saw the trailer a few months ago and it looked pretty pretty preeeettty interesting.

marcshoe
08-21-2015, 05:45 PM
I finished off Matt Smith's Dr. Who this week. I'll likely give it a break before I move on. I'm a bit on the fence about Clara; I like her well enough, but I'd like to see her better defined. But I haven't even watched a full season with her yet.

btw, I only just realized that Capaldi played the Angel Islington in BBC's clunky Neverwhere series. I'd love to see that one redone with a budget, particularly after Neil Gaiman expanded the story into a book.

KittyDuran
08-21-2015, 10:21 PM
I finished off Matt Smith's Dr. Who this week. I'll likely give it a break before I move on. I'm a bit on the fence about Clara; I like her well enough, but I'd like to see her better defined. But I haven't even watched a full season with her yet.

btw, I only just realized that Capaldi played the Angel Islington in BBC's clunky Neverwhere series. I'd love to see that one redone with a budget, particularly after Neil Gaiman expanded the story into a book.

I was meh on Clara w/the 11th Doctor-seemed too forced. It was like writers were making her into an every-companion never felt that I really knew her. Will say that I like her much better w/the 12th. The chemistry between Capaldi and Coleman is fantastic IMHO. Of course, I [emoji173]️ Calpaldi!

KittyDuran
08-22-2015, 04:35 PM
Try to get last season viewing in to get caught up. Some outstanding episodes along with some clunkers, but overall very enjoyable (at least for a newbie Whovian).

Stray
08-25-2015, 11:49 PM
Binge watched Mr. Robot over the weekend. Overall I love it. The bar is so low for any computer/hacking related theme it's sad, but this one didn't disappoint. No random super fast computer typing with green text we can't see, no techno/house music, no weird tech that isn't even around, and no super cool socially adjusted dude sitting at the keyboard. Just getting the main character to be believable was nice.

Lotta easter eggs on the scenes that show his terminal. The withdrawal scene was well done. And the main character is well played.

Not a fan of whatever is going on with Tyrell tho. He started out as a Gnome Linux guy (if I remember right?) that was super driven to gain the power at Evil Corp. Then he kinda morphed into a guy that was totally okay with Elliot being a shady dude who had it out for Evil Corp. Then he went all Patrick Bateman or something. Don't get what they're doing there at all.

TRF
08-27-2015, 02:42 PM
I watch Flash, but I hadn't seen Arrow so I've been watching season one. Honestly, I'm getting tired of everyone on the show being ridiculously rich and good looking. I expect it to morph into Dynasty at any time.

It's a CW thing i think. All their shows are like that.

ac084c
09-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Has anyone checked out Netflix new series Narcos yet?

Razor Shines
09-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Has anyone checked out Netflix new series Narcos yet?

I've been meaning to, but haven't gotten to it yet. Looks interesting.

dabvu2498
09-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Did anyone watch the HBO miniseries Show Me a Hero? Truly compelling stuff.

westofyou
09-01-2015, 09:00 PM

I'm on episode three, good stuff

19braves77
09-03-2015, 06:09 PM
Fear the Walking Dead has been great. I wonder how tempting it is to link some of these characters to one of the characters on the Walking Dead ?

Stray
09-04-2015, 12:38 AM
I can see why they delayed the Mr Robot finale a week.

I loved what they did with this show. The attention to detail was on point.

As far as the attention to detail goes, that vimeo vid was actually uploaded a week ago, when the finale shoulda aired, that makes me appreciate the work all that more.

Oh and the cinematography was awesome. I don't watch USA much (never), but yeah this show was top notch.

NebraskaRed
09-04-2015, 01:01 PM

Really liked it.

Redsfaithful
09-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Stray, I would edit your post, you're kind of spoiling some of the show there.

Stray
09-04-2015, 03:49 PM
Stray, I would edit your post, you're kind of spoiling some of the show there.

the video? aired a couple nights ago but I took out the link if for whatever reason that spoils it for someone.

19braves77
09-05-2015, 06:21 AM
Amazes me that AMC and HBO took a pass of Narcos. The pilot episode was a good hour on TV for a history lesson.

ac084c
09-06-2015, 10:51 AM
I'm through the first 3 episodes of Narcos. Netflix has the winning formula.

ac084c
09-08-2015, 08:31 AM

And finished. Excellent stuff.

Razor Shines
09-08-2015, 07:33 PM
the video? aired a couple nights ago but I took out the link if for whatever reason that spoils it for someone.

I didn't see your post before you edited it, but thanks. I just finished episode 8. I bailed on Mr. Robot after 2 episodes and am now catching up. Wow I can't believe how wrong I was.

BuckeyeRed27
09-10-2015, 11:45 AM
"You're the Worst" came back last night for Season 2 on FXX. It is the funniest show on TV...so you should probably watch it.

dougdirt
09-10-2015, 12:22 PM
"You're the Worst" came back last night for Season 2 on FXX. It is the funniest show on TV...so you should probably watch it.

It is really funny, but since it went to FXX, I've stopped watching.

Tom Servo
09-10-2015, 12:26 PM
I want to watch it because I like David Simon, and I love Winona Ryder.

I'm so ready for the Winonaissance.

RiverRat13
09-10-2015, 02:29 PM

This is where I am and I agree. Very well done.

BuckeyeRed27
09-10-2015, 04:25 PM
It is really funny, but since it went to FXX, I've stopped watching.

Was it on FX last year? It was gone for a while so I forget. Season 2 just started last night...so you haven't missed much.

dougdirt
09-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Was it on FX last year? It was gone for a while so I forget. Season 2 just started last night...so you haven't missed much.

At least part of it had to be because I watched it and I don't get FXX.

dougdirt
09-15-2015, 10:56 AM
So, last night I watched the American Ninja Warrior finals. For those unfamiliar, it's a series of obstacle courses that people run with each one getting harder to complete. Some are timed, some are not.

In six seasons no one had ever completed the third stage (of four) in the Las Vegas finals (the finals are held in Vegas - qualifying courses are held all around the country). For six years the tag line has been that anyone who beats Stage four in Vegas (Mt Midoriyama) wins $1,000,000. We've even heard it numerous times this year. No one had ever reached Stage 4 before. Until last night. Two guys completed stage three.

What happened next? Oh, you guys get to race each other and if you both complete Stage 4, the guy with the fastest time wins $1,000,000 and the other guy gets nothing.

The guy who finished Stage 3 the fastest got to choose to go 1st or 2nd. Obviously you want to go 2nd and so he chose to go 2nd. Geoff Britten, a camera guy for the Baltimore Orioles, went 1st. He completed the climb in 29.62 seconds (you only get 30 seconds). He was the first American to ever complete Stage 4 (the show is just an American version of a Japanse show - though the stages are a bit different, but share many of the same obstacles - and it has had just four people finish, one guy doing it twice, in 31 seasons). That brings up Isaac Caldiero who has to also make the climb, but beat Geoff's time. He got up in just over 26 seconds, becoming the second guy to Beat Stage 4, but with the fastest time he gets every penny of the available prize money.

It's infuriating. NBC hasn't had to give away a penny in six seasons of the show. Not one cent has gone to a contestant. The show is a hit. And after seven seasons, they get two guys to finish it, it just happened to be on the same day, and one of them gets the same amount of prize money as my dog does. I'm not even sure I want to watch it anymore. NBC needs to step up and do something here. Maybe he doesn't get a full $1,000,000, but to get nothing? After six years of telling the viewers if someone completes stage 4 they get $1,000,000 and then he does so and gets nothing because someone else did it faster? That's a bait and switch at it's finest and absolutely disgusting.

/endrant

Razor Shines
09-15-2015, 11:01 AM
My only take away from all that is your dog may or may not be an American Ninja Warrior.

dougdirt
09-15-2015, 11:04 AM
My only take away from all that is your dog may or may not be an American Ninja Warrior.

My dog is a fat tub of lard. I love him. But he's fat and lazy as can be. He couldn't complete an obstacle course that consisted of 100 steps*.

*May be a slight exaggeration.

R_Webb18
09-15-2015, 03:23 PM
I think its joke as well but not surprised.

I guessing they were not giving the option but they should of at least been able to split the money if both completed it.

Larry Schuler
09-15-2015, 06:11 PM
I would think it all comes down to the language in the release/contract the contestants sign. I have to believe the production's lawyers are savvy enough to have a plan for if/when two or more contestants win the grand prize in the same event.

RedTeamGo!
09-15-2015, 06:29 PM
So, last night I watched the American Ninja Warrior finals. For those unfamiliar, it's a series of obstacle courses that people run with each one getting harder to complete. Some are timed, some are not.

In six seasons no one had ever completed the third stage (of four) in the Las Vegas finals (the finals are held in Vegas - qualifying courses are held all around the country). For six years the tag line has been that anyone who beats Stage four in Vegas (Mt Midoriyama) wins $1,000,000. We've even heard it numerous times this year. No one had ever reached Stage 4 before. Until last night. Two guys completed stage three.

What happened next? Oh, you guys get to race each other and if you both complete Stage 4, the guy with the fastest time wins $1,000,000 and the other guy gets nothing.

The guy who finished Stage 3 the fastest got to choose to go 1st or 2nd. Obviously you want to go 2nd and so he chose to go 2nd. Geoff Britten, a camera guy for the Baltimore Orioles, went 1st. He completed the climb in 29.62 seconds (you only get 30 seconds). He was the first American to ever complete Stage 4 (the show is just an American version of a Japanse show - though the stages are a bit different, but share many of the same obstacles - and it has had just four people finish, one guy doing it twice, in 31 seasons). That brings up Isaac Caldiero who has to also make the climb, but beat Geoff's time. He got up in just over 26 seconds, becoming the second guy to Beat Stage 4, but with the fastest time he gets every penny of the available prize money.

It's infuriating. NBC hasn't had to give away a penny in six seasons of the show. Not one cent has gone to a contestant. The show is a hit. And after seven seasons, they get two guys to finish it, it just happened to be on the same day, and one of them gets the same amount of prize money as my dog does. I'm not even sure I want to watch it anymore. NBC needs to step up and do something here. Maybe he doesn't get a full $1,000,000, but to get nothing? After six years of telling the viewers if someone completes stage 4 they get $1,000,000 and then he does so and gets nothing because someone else did it faster? That's a bait and switch at it's finest and absolutely disgusting.

/endrant

It was a competition with one winner. I don't really understand what nbc did wrong. They are going to change the rules after the fact?

dougdirt
09-15-2015, 07:15 PM
It was a competition with one winner. I don't really understand what nbc did wrong. They are going to change the rules after the fact?

It's never been stated as a competition of contestants against one another. Never as one winner. Always of contestants against the course. Beat the course, get $1M. Heck

I'm sure that the contracts signed had all of the right things in it to make it work out in their favor. But it's crappy. If this guy did exactly what he did in any of the previous six years, he gets $1M. Instead he does it this year, and because ONE OTHER GUY also does it, he gets absolutely nothing. Zip. Nada. It's a joke.

They should do something after the fact. The fans of the show are outraged. Consider it good PR. Again, I'm not saying give him $1M, though I'm sure they can afford it given that they've literally never paid a cent to anyone over the past six years (among the competitors). But you can't offer up $100,000 for finishing the course that no one else has ever finished?

Razor Shines
09-15-2015, 08:45 PM
Just started the series finale of Key and Peele, I'm gonna miss this show.

RedTeamGo!
09-16-2015, 12:06 AM
It's never been stated as a competition of contestants against one another. Never as one winner. Always of contestants against the course. Beat the course, get $1M. Heck

I'm sure that the contracts signed had all of the right things in it to make it work out in their favor. But it's crappy. If this guy did exactly what he did in any of the previous six years, he gets $1M. Instead he does it this year, and because ONE OTHER GUY also does it, he gets absolutely nothing. Zip. Nada. It's a joke.

They should do something after the fact. The fans of the show are outraged. Consider it good PR. Again, I'm not saying give him $1M, though I'm sure they can afford it given that they've literally never paid a cent to anyone over the past six years (among the competitors). But you can't offer up $100,000 for finishing the course that no one else has ever finished?

Ah, that makes sense, I did not know they never stated there could only be one winner, that is crappy.

Stray
09-16-2015, 12:29 AM
I realize I'm like 10 or 20 years late to the party, but I just started on The West Wing.

So far it's pretty good. CJ, Josh and Leo are my favs early on.

Chip R
09-16-2015, 10:47 AM
I realize I'm like 10 or 20 years late to the party, but I just started on The West Wing.

So far it's pretty good. CJ, Josh and Leo are my favs early on.

I've been rewatching that over the last couple of days.

marcshoe
09-16-2015, 12:09 PM
Weird, I finished season 1 and started on season 2 over the weekend. When I'm working on something else and need a distraction, watching something I've seen before helps because I don't need to focus so much.

19braves77
09-17-2015, 03:55 PM
The simplicity so far in Fear the Walking Dead has made it great TV. I imagine with how well Kim Dickens is doing with her character that the Walking Dead show runner has spun the wheels on her showing up in the Walking Dead some how.

Dom Heffner
09-22-2015, 03:25 PM
The simplicity so far in Fear the Walking Dead has made it great TV. I imagine with how well Kim Dickens is doing with her character that the Walking Dead show runner has spun the wheels on her showing up in the Walking Dead some how.

It can do so much that the Walking Dead can't...

It's a great show, I want to watch it more than the original now...

Chip R
09-23-2015, 07:20 PM
A Mashup of the Wire opening credits and The Simpsons.

http://m.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/the-wiresons-the-unbelievable-mashup-of-the-simpsons-and-the-wire-credits

westofyou
09-23-2015, 08:48 PM
I'm in the 3rd season of The Wire.

It's as advertised, awesome show, multi layered and thought provoking

marcshoe
09-27-2015, 06:23 PM
I just discovered something about The Flash that may keep me from ever watching the show the same way again. I must have run across this information before and chose to suppress it. It's devastating.

Cisco is Vibe.

Yes, Cisco is the worst superhero ever created, the walking Latino stereotype whose superpower was break dancing (I may be exaggerating somewhat). The man who singlehandedly destroyed the Justive League, whose death (the first active JLA'er to be killed in action) is celebrated as a national holiday.

Vibe.

Disgraceful.

http://st3.speedforce.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/vibe-surprise.jpg

I suppose it could have been worse. He could be Aquaman.

WMR
09-27-2015, 06:28 PM
Fear the Walking dead is terrible.

BuckeyeRed27
09-28-2015, 12:12 PM
Fear the Walking dead is terrible.

Disagree.

Tom Servo
09-29-2015, 10:48 AM
Finished it the other day, I thought it was great.

MWM
09-29-2015, 02:21 PM
I'm in the 3rd season of The Wire.

It's as advertised, awesome show, multi layered and thought provoking

The stick with which everything else is measured for me. I've watched all seasons (1-4), 3 times now.

Chip R
09-29-2015, 02:24 PM
The stick with which everything else is measured for me. I've watched all seasons (1-4), 3 times now.

You do know there's a 5th season?

RiverRat13
09-29-2015, 02:37 PM
You do know there's a 5th season?

LOL! Next you'll be telling me they made a Godfather Part III...