westofyou
01-02-2015, 10:53 PM
Went to the cement pond in the sky

George Anderson
01-03-2015, 12:10 AM
Alot of critters lost a dear friend.

redsmetz
01-04-2015, 04:13 PM
Donna Douglas was in one of the most intriguing episodes of The Twilight Zone. Here's the bit written up in her Washington Post obit:

Ms. Douglas starred in one of the most memorable episodes of Rod Serling’s “The Twilight Zone.” Titled “Eye of the Beholder,” it was the one in which her head is wrapped in bandages for most of the half-hour after plastic surgery aimed at fixing her “ugliness,” which in fact was beauty in a universe of monsters.

If you've never seen it, you should give it a watch. I've known teachers who've used this episode in their classes.

cumberlandreds
01-04-2015, 04:55 PM
^ I agree that is one of Twilight Zone's best shows.

Kingspoint
01-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Huge crush on her when I was little.

Sea Ray
01-05-2015, 03:18 PM
Donna Douglas was in one of the most intriguing episodes of The Twilight Zone. Here's the bit written up in her Washington Post obit:

Ms. Douglas starred in one of the most memorable episodes of Rod Serling’s “The Twilight Zone.” Titled “Eye of the Beholder,” it was the one in which her head is wrapped in bandages for most of the half-hour after plastic surgery aimed at fixing her “ugliness,” which in fact was beauty in a universe of monsters.

If you've never seen it, you should give it a watch. I've known teachers who've used this episode in their classes.

I didn't realize the connection. Thanks for posting that. I asked my daughter if she remembered that show and she replied "of course! Who could forget that episode?"

Bob Sheed
01-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Not too many know this, but her son was a somewhat famous boxer.

James Douglas had his moment in the sun in 1990, when he knocked out the previously undefeated Mike Tyson.

When asked how her son's career compared to her own, she said plainly:

"I just wanna be who I am. And I ain't goin' to no France!"

"Well, come on, baby... let's wrestle. This here's what I call the Clampett Clamp."

Donna Douglas would have been 86. If she had lived for another 5 years.

George Anderson
01-05-2015, 07:29 PM
On the subject of famous boxers, Max Baer Jr who played Jethro was the son of former heavy weight champ Max Baer. He was featured in the movie Cinderella Man but was made out to be a real ass.

If Jethro and Elly Mae got together and made their own lil critter, it would of been one heck of a boxer.

Sea Ray
01-08-2015, 09:46 AM
Not too many know this, but her son was a somewhat famous boxer.

James Douglas had his moment in the sun in 1990, when he knocked out the previously undefeated Mike Tyson.

When asked how her son's career compared to her own, she said plainly:

"I just wanna be who I am. And I ain't goin' to no France!"

"Well, come on, baby... let's wrestle. This here's what I call the Clampett Clamp."

Donna Douglas would have been 86. If she had lived for another 5 years.

Buster Douglas is about as related to Donna Douglas as Frederick Douglas...as in not. One can tell just by looking at them that there's no resemblance.

Kingspoint
01-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Elvis, who would have turned 80 today, had a pretty hot fling with Donna Douglas. "Frankie and Johnnie " was a fun movie, as were all of Elvis'movies.

Bob Sheed
01-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Buster Douglas is about as related to Donna Douglas as Frederick Douglas...as in not. One can tell just by looking at them that there's no resemblance.

Wow what was I thinking?