PDA

View Full Version : The Jinx

NebraskaRed
03-17-2015, 10:18 AM
Did anyone else watch this? That finale, specifically the final scene, was one of the craziest things I've ever seen on TV.

With this and Serial, there does seem to be a new trend of murder mystery docu-series that are "classy"...at least classier than 48 Hours, or something like that.

BuckeyeRed27
03-17-2015, 11:21 AM
I watched the first 3 on Sunday and plan on finishing it this week. It is pretty great. My wife claims we watched the movie about him, but I don't remember that at all.

Razor Shines
03-17-2015, 03:03 PM
Yeah, it's that movie All Good Things with Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst came out 4 or 5 years ago.

I watched the final episode yesterday. Crazy.

Tom Servo
03-17-2015, 03:29 PM
I can't believe Fred Durst killed all those people.

NebraskaRed
03-17-2015, 03:34 PM

You joke, but...http://jimromenesko.com/2015/03/17/associated-press-correction-of-the-day-robert-durst-is-not-a-member-of-limp-bizkit/

Razor Shines
03-17-2015, 03:37 PM

It was either Scott Aukerman or Jimmy Pardo who made the joke: "Fred Durst watched it and was happy that he's not the worst thing to happen to the Durst name anymore. "

BuckeyeRed27
03-18-2015, 11:21 AM
I finished it last night and have a couple thoughts. Overall that was really great television, but how long did the producers hang onto that letter? Some of those scenes and interviews were filmed 3 or 4 years ago. It would be pretty tough to think that they were hanging onto that while a dangerous man was running around for the past few years just for the sake of a good TV show.

I also found it interesting to compare the Durst murder case in Houston to the Adnan Syed case from Serial. Durst gets off with a well crafted defense, yet overwhelming evidence against him, while Adnan sits in a prison cell with basically the exact opposite situation. I guess it is good to have an unlimited supply of money.

marcshoe
03-20-2015, 07:11 PM

I can. Murdering "Behind Blue Eyes" was only the beginning.