PDA

View Full Version : Reds vs. Diamondbacks (4/1, 4:05 ET)

JoshBresser
04-01-2015, 12:56 PM
1. Brandon Phillips
2. Todd Frazier
3. Marlon Byrd
4. Devin Mesoraco
5. Brennan Boesch
6. Kris Negron
7. Chris Dominguez
8. Skip Schumaker

Johnny Cueto is on the mound.

JoshBresser
04-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Thoughts on BP hitting 1 and Frazier 2?

Personally, I love Frazier at second. He has enough power and is overall a good enough hitter to hit in what some consider to be the most important spot while maintaining a good enough OBP to get on for the other thumpers in the lineup. He'll also likely see more fastballs hitting between Billy (if he does, in fact, lead off) and Votto. He, of course, crushes fastballs.

As for BP 1...meh. I don't despise it. But, I don't love it either. I don't think Billy is necessarily a leadoff hitter, but if I have to choose between 2 bad OBP guys to lead off, I'd probably choose the fast one, not the one that hits like he has a piano on his back. But, if it makes him not hit behind Votto, it is what it is.

texasdave
04-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Cingrani has gone multiple innings in each of his appearances. I guess that makes him the long man out of the pen.

_Sir_Charles_
04-01-2015, 04:27 PM
I get it that Price has several guys fighting for the final roster spots....but is anybody else remotely concerned by the lack of playing time for the regulars? Rocco, Votto, Bruce, Cozart...none of these guys are getting anything remotely close to regular reps. Hopefully they've been getting lots of AB's in the b-games on the back fields.

klw
04-01-2015, 04:35 PM
If Gameday is correct, 7 of first 9 D'Backs have made outs on the first pitch and the other two struck out on 3 pitches. 2 out in 3 and Cueto has not thrown a ball and only 14 pitches. That said he just walked a batter on 4 straight.

Chip R
04-01-2015, 04:38 PM
If Gameday is correct, 7 of first 9 D'Backs have made outs on the first pitch and the other two struck out on 3 pitches. 2 out in 3 and Cueto has not thrown a ball and only 14 pitches.

That's LaRussariffic!

texasdave
04-01-2015, 04:44 PM
If Gameday is correct, 7 of first 9 D'Backs have made outs on the first pitch and the other two struck out on 3 pitches. 2 out in 3 and Cueto has not thrown a ball and only 14 pitches. That said he just walked a batter on 4 straight.

Gameday is not correct.

Through three full, neither team has a hit. Cueto and Bradley mowing them down.

westofyou
04-01-2015, 04:46 PM
I get it that Price has several guys fighting for the final roster spots....but is anybody else remotely concerned by the lack of playing time for the regulars? Rocco, Votto, Bruce, Cozart...none of these guys are getting anything remotely close to regular reps. Hopefully they've been getting lots of AB's in the b-games on the back fields.

I think they'll be playing every day all season, no need to trot them out in 90 degree weather for practice

Spring Training is too long, time to cut it down a bit

_Sir_Charles_
04-01-2015, 08:59 PM
I think they'll be playing every day all season, no need to trot them out in 90 degree weather for practice

Spring Training is too long, time to cut it down a bit

Fair point, but when I was playing I know I certainly needed reps to keep my timing down. I know they've got indoor cages and such in Goodyear, but it's far from the same thing as facing live pitching.

My point was I would've liked to have seen Price use the kids more often EARLY in camp, make his final decisions earlier so that the tail end of camp could be mostly the starters building up their reps and timing. He seems to have it backwards IMO.