PDA

View Full Version : Louisville bullpen

mace
04-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Don't know why we can't just wait a few days until these rosters are settled, except that that's no fun. Anyway, was wondering how the apparent crowd in the Bats bullpen might be sorted out. I'm sure I'm off in a few places, plus or minus, but the suspects I see at this point are:

LeCure
Contreras
Dennick
Corcino
Villarreal
Rogers
Christiani
Adcock
Hayes
Sampson
Bowden
Hand

That's an excessive dozen. Plus:

Carpenter
Cabrera
Shackleford

And for all I know:

Cisnero
De La Torre

With the exceptions of Sampson and Adcock, whom we glimpsed in spring training, the newly acquired veteran types (Bowden, Hand, Carpenter, Cabrera, Shackleford, Cisnero, De La Torre) are all a jumble to me. Not sure if they're actually real or on board. So, anybody?

dougdirt
04-03-2015, 04:12 PM
How the AA and AAA bullpens shake out is going to be very interesting. There are just so many guys still out there,you have to expect a handful of releases still to come.

lollipopcurve
04-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Mace, the patron saint of relievers. Good to see you're limbered up for the season....

Tom Servo
04-04-2015, 02:41 PM
Steve Melewski
‏@masnSteve
Orioles recently acquired RHP Michael Bowden from Cincy for cash for Norfolk bullpen. Went 3-5, 4.51 in MLB with Boston & Cubs.

MikeS21
04-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Anyone want to hazard a guess as to why Ray Chang is now listed as a pitcher on the Bat's roster?

JayBruceFan
04-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Drunk intern?

mace
04-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Well, the answer appears to be:

Adcock
Carpenter
Christiani
Contreras
De La Torre
Dennick
Hand
LeCure
Villarreal

I see that I mistakenly left Magill off the original list. Corcino, Hayes, Shackleford and Rogers were sent to Pensacola. Bowden was sold. So the missing persons are Magill, Sampson, Cabrera, and Cisnero. The first two are puzzling, the other two not so much.

TRF
04-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Corcino did well in his MLB audition last year. Disappointing to see him at AA.

MikeS21
04-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Anyone want to hazard a guess as to why Ray Chang is now listed as a pitcher on the Bat's roster?
Chang is now officially an infielder at Pensacola (AA).

klw
04-08-2015, 12:21 PM
Well, the answer appears to be:

Adcock
Carpenter
Christiani
Contreras
De La Torre
Dennick
Hand
LeCure
Villarreal

I see that I mistakenly left Magill off the original list. Corcino, Hayes, Shackleford and Rogers were sent to Pensacola. Bowden was sold. So the missing persons are Magill, Sampson, Cabrera, and Cisnero. The first two are puzzling, the other two not so much.

Isn't Magill a starter?

mace
04-08-2015, 03:24 PM
Isn't Magill a starter?

Well, I guess I don't know. Seems like I'd heard that he was being regarded as a reliever, but he's been a starter for most of his minor-league career and he started all six of his games for the Dodgers in 2013. On the other hand, he had 24 relief appearances in 36 games last year at Albuquerque.

texasdave
04-08-2015, 03:30 PM
Isn't Magill a starter?

Well, his name was Magill
and he played in the 'Ville
but everyone knew him as Matty.

He stood with the ball
6 feet 3 inches tall
wishing he was in the 'Nati.

That's all I got.