PDA

View Full Version : Wed 9.16.15 Reds @ Byrds and Leakes (No he is not the SP)

klw
09-16-2015, 06:31 PM
First pitch at 10:15 p.m. ET

Bourgeois 8
Bruce 9
Votto 3
Phillips 4
Frazier 5
Cabrera 2
Suarez 6
Schumaker 7
Lorenzen 1

VS

#SFGiants
Pagan CF,
De Aza LF,
Duffy 3B,
Posey C,
Belt 1B,
Byrd RF,
Tomlinson 2B,
Adrianza SS,
Peavy P.

Banshee
09-16-2015, 09:50 PM
SKIPPPPPY!!!!

WrongVerb
09-16-2015, 10:16 PM
I've got on my Reds cap and am definitely the only Reds fan in the section. Right behind home plate, twenty five rows up. Black coat also.

Ironman92
09-16-2015, 10:21 PM
I've got on my Reds cap and am definitely the only Reds fan in the section. Right behind home plate, twenty five rows up. Black coat also.

Denim jumper?

WVRedsFan
09-16-2015, 10:29 PM
Have to wonder who is going to start if everyone's out of innings

Tom Servo
09-16-2015, 10:29 PM
Posey somehow hooks a slider away into left field to drive in a run

1-0 Giants

Tadasimha
09-16-2015, 10:36 PM
Double for BP

Time to get that run back and then some

Tom Servo
09-16-2015, 10:37 PM
DatDude with a leadoff double in the 2nd, he's slashing .321/.349/.442 since July 18th coming into tonight.

Tom Servo
09-16-2015, 10:40 PM
Jake Peavy debuted in 2002 at age 21, guess that's why it seems like he's older than 34.

WVRedsFan
09-16-2015, 10:44 PM
Phillips stranded at third. Story of this offense. Suarez slumping a little..

Tom Servo
09-16-2015, 10:48 PM
Welsh pointing out the absurdity of the Reds not knowing how to pitch to Byrd, he's right.

Banshee
09-16-2015, 10:49 PM
BP doing his thing on D, making hard plays look easy. Guy's had a pretty good season, darned good w/ his "advanced age".

WVRedsFan
09-16-2015, 10:50 PM
Byrd doubles. Let's see how the Giants do at plating a runner.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty good.

Tom Servo
09-16-2015, 10:50 PM
Double by some guy I don't know. 2-0 Giants.

Tadasimha
09-16-2015, 10:51 PM
Lorenzen really looking like he's reached his innings limit

Tom Servo
09-16-2015, 10:54 PM
Lorenzen really looking like he's reached his innings limit
I know we need guys to start these games in September, but I never really got why the Reds brought him back to start from AAA. I think everyone knew the results would be about the same, I'd have let him finish out the AAA season and rest up or maybe pitch out of the Reds bullpen.

WVRedsFan
09-16-2015, 10:57 PM
Giants hitting Lorenzen pretty hard

Banshee
09-16-2015, 11:03 PM
Giants hitting Lorenzen pretty hard

Terrible pitch selection and location. Just like most times the kid gets hit hard. Hopefully he'll learn. I believe he needs more movement on his FB even if it's at the detriment of a couple mph's. Again, needs to learn. Just a darned shame that he gets trial by fire instead of another yr. or so of dev. work in AAA or so. Still excited about his ceiling going forward, the kid could easily be a better version of Homer.

Tom Servo
09-16-2015, 11:10 PM
Byrd triples.

3-0 Giants

WVRedsFan
09-16-2015, 11:13 PM
Byrd does what Byrd does.

Ironman92
09-16-2015, 11:18 PM
Keep pitching Byrd outside. It's wonderful.

Had he not slipped going around 1st his first AB he'd be going all Herm Winningham tonight

Banshee
09-16-2015, 11:21 PM
Byrd's a pro. Nice job by him. He's pretty much been money for SF since the trade and not a terrible slouch for the reds when you consider he BROKE HIS WRIST and came back and was better after than before the injury. Miracle of nature or science is beyond my pay grade but he's had a decent season.

Ironman92
09-16-2015, 11:25 PM
9th HR for Giants pitchers this year....

WVRedsFan
09-16-2015, 11:28 PM
This Balester guy fits right in. Horrible.

Ironman92
09-16-2015, 11:35 PM

Everyday Mattheus warming up!

westofyou
09-16-2015, 11:36 PM
9th HR for Giants pitchers this year....

One more than Pena + Hamilton + Barnhart + Skip + Negron + Boesch in over 1400 PAs

Chip R
09-16-2015, 11:43 PM

Gave up a HR to the pitcher but got Posey and Byrd out. Baseball is a funny game.

WrongVerb
09-17-2015, 12:04 AM
The ball that Frazier hit...was it fair or foul?

WVRedsFan
09-17-2015, 12:07 AM
Byrd's a pro. Nice job by him. He's pretty much been money for SF since the trade and not a terrible slouch for the reds when you consider he BROKE HIS WRIST and came back and was better after than before the injury. Miracle of nature or science is beyond my pay grade but he's had a decent season.Marlon is too much of a gentleman to tell it all, but I have to wonder what got him so upset at Jay Bell. All he would tell in private messages was that he had no problem with his teammates, but "others" were a different story. Regardless, I felt like he was the only hitter in the lineup that wasn't guessing and not reading the pitch outside of Votto.

- - - Updated - - -

The ball that Frazier hit...was it fair or foul?

Too close to call. It might have gone over the corner of the bag, but then again maybe not.

WVRedsFan
09-17-2015, 12:09 AM
Everyday Matheus strikes out Peavy.

WrongVerb
09-17-2015, 12:16 AM
Marlon is too much of a gentleman to tell it all, but I have to wonder what got him so upset at Jay Bell. All he would tell in private messages was that he had no problem with his teammates, but "others" were a different story. Regardless, I felt like he was the only hitter in the lineup that wasn't guessing and not reading the pitch outside of Votto.

- - - Updated - - -

Too close to call. It might have gone over the corner of the bag, but then again maybe not.

From my vantage it looked fair but I'll defer to the ump with much closer call.

WVRedsFan
09-17-2015, 12:24 AM
Since Cigrani was warming up and Matheus came in, you ever get the feeling that Price just doesn't like Tony?

Banshee
09-17-2015, 12:24 AM
SKIPPPPPY!!

WVRedsFan
09-17-2015, 12:25 AM
Skippy drives in run 2. Land sakes!!!

WVRedsFan
09-17-2015, 12:28 AM
Woo Hoo! we got to three pages on the game thread with only three of us paying attention and one of us is at the ballpark. We're setting a new record of slothdom and indifference. Colbert is good tonight too. That is all.

Banshee
09-17-2015, 12:34 AM
Woo Hoo! we got to three pages on the game thread with only three of us paying attention and one of us is at the ballpark. We're setting a new record of slothdom and indifference. Colbert is good tonight too. That is all.

I've liked Colbert since he showed up as a "correspondent" on the daily show, and I'm glad that he's got a good show tonight. Having said that, he/his people need to step on the gas: that first week imho was brutal. The Biden interview felt like a review of a funeral. While it seemed genuine, it sure wasn't funny or entertaining to me. And I don't dislike Biden and can empathize w/ his loss, but it was just too heavy for me.

WrongVerb
09-17-2015, 12:38 AM
I am so tired of Bruce.

WVRedsFan
09-17-2015, 12:44 AM
God Bless The Hopper. Never fear, he will ruin a decent comeback with his nauseating perpetual motion on the mound. 5-2 Giants

WVRedsFan
09-17-2015, 12:53 AM
I thought it never rained in California

WVRedsFan
09-17-2015, 12:56 AM
Votto singled
Phillips hit by a pitch
Frazier walked
Bases loaded down 5-2

Bets on how we don't score? I say we score two. Of course no one's here so carry on...

WVRedsFan
09-17-2015, 12:58 AM
Typical. Cabrerra ground ball double play and it's 5-3 with Suarez up. Maybe we'll only get one. Yep. Suarez pops out to Byrdman. ho hum

WVRedsFan
09-17-2015, 01:09 AM
Commercial time. Gotta wonder how stupid those people on the Chevy commercials to think that they're in a BMW. I mean, have they never been in a BMW. BMW should sue.

malcontent
09-17-2015, 01:24 AM
Were there actually takers for Bruce at the deadline?

WVRedsFan
09-17-2015, 01:25 AM
After a base hit by Skippy, a ground out off the pitcher's leg and A French Guy base hit, it's first and third, one out and Brucie up. I am not confident. 1-5 hitter against this pitcher.

Bruce strikes out for the fourth time, throw out at second with Hamilton trying to steal. Holy crap. Bryan Price challenges the out at second. Hamilton is safe, but I'm tired of Bruce's tired act.

Votto up. Intentional walk with Phillips up. Chickens, but smart. Good manager in Bochy.

Phillips goes to 2-0. 2-1 with a taken strike. Ground ball to short and the game is over.

Crap

WVRedsFan
09-17-2015, 01:28 AM

My understanding is the Mets backed out when they looked at his record of slumps and inconsistency. He is the biggest disappointment I've ever seen in 50+ years as a Reds fan. He has no concept of pitches and the strike zone. I am very disappointed in what I thought was going to be a world class player.

I tried to get to four pages in what has to be one of the slowest and shortest game s\threads in the history of RedsZone. We didn't make it and I expect the same for the rest of the season. It's sad that this franchise has come to this. I blame everyone involved at the management level and the front office.

WVRedsFan
09-17-2015, 01:31 AM
My understanding is the Mets backed out when they looked at his record of slumps and inconsistency. He is the biggest disappointment I've ever seen in 50+ years as a Reds fan. He has no concept of pitches and the strike zone. I am very disappointed in what I thought was going to be a world class player.

I tried to get to four pages in what has to be one of the slowest and shortest game s\threads in the history of RedsZone. We didn't make it and I expect the same for the rest of the season. It's sad that this franchise has come to this. I blame everyone involved at the management level and the front office.Yep. the board burped

WrongVerb
09-17-2015, 01:34 AM

I tried to get to four pages in what has to be one of the slowest and shortest game s\threads in the history of RedsZone. We didn't make it and I expect the same for the rest of the season. It's sad that this franchise has come to this. I blame everyone involved at the management level and the front office.

Agreed. Although I thought Bruce wasn't going to be all that. Just tired of him now. Red need to cut bait and stop accepting mediocrity and inconsistency.

westofyou
09-17-2015, 09:41 AM

The biggest disappointment ?

Hyperbole at its finest.

Seriously, the last two years have been crap for Bruce that is true but guys would kill to have had his career.

This is the exact talk I remember hearing about O'Neil, Davis etc...

Maybe the expectations are what is out of line more than the guys career growth?

And from what I have read the Reds backed out of that deal, not the Mets

westofyou
09-17-2015, 09:43 AM

Both teams had issues with the trade, for reasons that are real

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/07/mets-reds-jay-bruce-deal-working.html

The talks between the Mets and Reds regarding Bruce “may have lost momentum,” ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick tweets. Cincinnati is “having second thoughts” about the package being proposed by New York, per the report. Meanwhile, Bob Nightengale of USA Today tweets that New York has concerns both with Bruce’s salary and his inconsistencies at the plate.

WVRedsFan
09-17-2015, 11:37 AM
The biggest disappointment ?

Hyperbole at its finest.

Seriously, the last two years have been crap for Bruce that is true but guys would kill to have had his career.

This is the exact talk I remember hearing about O'Neil, Davis etc...

Maybe the expectations are what is out of line more than the guys career growth?

And from what I have read the Reds backed out of that deal, not the MetsSaid with tongue planted firmly in cheek. As usual, the old iPad didn't register the smiley. Kind of a nudge at those who continually say he is washed up. He will probably hit .270 and 40 HR's next year.