PDA

View Full Version : 3/15/2016 Reds vs Royals

cumberlandreds
03-15-2016, 10:29 AM
Game is on FSO today. Finnegan gets the start.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdmGPi1UAAABkth.jpg

Kc61
03-15-2016, 10:54 AM
Someday, I'd like to see Hamilton and Peraza hit back to back. Assuming improvement from Billy and readiness from Peraza.

Today is a meaningless spring game, but someday it might be a potent combo.

texasdave
03-15-2016, 11:55 AM
I am calling it. 41-7.

TheBigLebowski
03-15-2016, 12:49 PM
I am calling it. 41-7.

Ridiculous. Schebler alone will drive in 45.

And I don't see the Royals even making contact vs. Finnegan; much less scratching across 7 runs.

54-0. Extra Perfect Game (no balls thrown, no foul balls hit; 81 pitches/81 strikes).

Raisor
03-15-2016, 01:23 PM
Someday, I'd like to see Hamilton and Peraza hit back to back. Assuming improvement from Billy and readiness from Peraza.

Today is a meaningless spring game, but someday it might be a potent combo.

Hamilton has to play in a game first.

marcshoe
03-15-2016, 02:24 PM
I am calling it. 41-7.

That would be historic.

Kc61
03-15-2016, 03:58 PM
Hamilton has to play in a game first.

Look at the lineup for today. Of course, not sure DH is "playing" in the game, but that's another thread.

Elam
03-15-2016, 04:10 PM
Look at the lineup for today. Of course, not sure DH is "playing" in the game, but that's another thread.

It's not "playing the game the right way" I'll tell ya that right now

androosh
03-15-2016, 04:19 PM
Hamilton first pitch bunt single! Take that, DH power-hitting spot!

Elam
03-15-2016, 04:19 PM
Billy bunts his way on, Thom prepares gleeful rant

Elam
03-15-2016, 04:22 PM
Billy bunts his way on, Thom prepares gleeful rant

Scratch that Thom tries to make a brief argument for a correlation between the Royals lack of walks to wins vs. Votto's walks to Reds wins.

androosh
03-15-2016, 04:23 PM
Fly-out to right allowed Hamilton to advance to 2nd, Votto selfishly walked, Hamilton advanced to 3rd on a wild pitch, and Duvall punches a single through the right side to drive in Hamilton. 1-1, 2 on, 1 out, Bruce up.

Elam
03-15-2016, 04:24 PM
Hamilton advances to 2nd on a fly out. Votto walks, Bily takes 3rd on a wild pitch and Duvall with an opposite field single to bring him in.

- - - Updated - - -

androosh you take pbp? I'll take snarky color commentary?

androosh
03-15-2016, 04:26 PM
androosh you take pbp? I'll take snarky color commentary?Sounds good (at least for a few innings) - I'm nearly out of snark at the end of this work day!

Bruce a hard double into right-center, scoring Votto.

androosh
03-15-2016, 04:28 PM
Peraza strikes out on low change-up (can we still blame Bourgeois Zee for his comment yesterday?), and a lazy popup for Schebler to end the inning. 2-1 Reds after 1.

Elam
03-15-2016, 04:29 PM
Peraza, still jinxed from yesterday, strikes out

- - - Updated - - -

Peraza strikes out on low change-up (can we still blame Bourgeois Zee for his comment yesterday?).

I'm riding it out till the All Star Break

westofyou
03-15-2016, 04:34 PM
Scratch that Thom tries to make a brief argument for a correlation between the Royals lack of walks to wins vs. Votto's walks to Reds wins.

If he did, then he's already in mid season form, lucky us

androosh
03-15-2016, 04:35 PM
Infante reaches first on an error (I think) by De Jesus on a hard grounder hit back up the middle, a deep fly out to left by Fuentes, and a double play hit into by Cruz rounds out the top of the 2nd.

Tom Servo
03-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Oh my god.

androosh
03-15-2016, 04:40 PM
De Jesus absolutely crushes a ball to the left field corner and gets thrown out trying to stretch a single into a double. Of course we didn't get to see the play happen because the camera remained zoomed in on the left fielder until after the play was over. Cabrera comes up and hits a weak grounder to second for the second out. Hamilton first pitch swinging nearly crushes a homer to right field, but it's caught at the warning track up against the wall. Inning over; still 2-1.

Elam
03-15-2016, 04:40 PM
If he did, then he's already in mid season form, lucky us

It was brief, Welsh deterred the conversation with a "there's more than one way to get done."

Tom Servo
03-15-2016, 04:41 PM
It was brief, Welsh deterred the conversation with a "there's more than one way to get done."
I love how the 'strikeouts are bad' argument is right there for Thom in regards to the Royals, and he chooses to blame walks.

westofyou
03-15-2016, 04:42 PM

Chris Welsh must want to take a shower after broadcasting with Thom

Red Raindog
Chris Welsh must want to take a shower after broadcasting with Thom

I know I feel like I need one already

Elam
De Jesus absolutely crushes a ball to the left field corner and gets thrown out trying to stretch a single into a double. Of course we didn't get to see the play happen because the camera remained zoomed in on the left fielder until after the play was over. Cabrera comes up and hits a weak grounder to second for the second out. Hamilton first pitch swinging nearly crushes a homer to right field, but it's caught at the warning track up against the wall. Inning over; still 2-1.

I think everybody was surprised by that Hamilton ball and Gordon still has it LF despite his legs being made of strings and pulleys nowadays

androosh
03-15-2016, 04:43 PM
I love how the 'strikeouts are bad' argument is right there for Thom in regards to the Royals, and he chooses to blame walks.Speaking of strike outs, Finnegan throws his second of the day while striking out Escobar to start the top of the 3rd.

androosh
03-15-2016, 04:45 PM
Back to back liners straight back to Finnegan literally knock the glove off Finnegan's hand (both times), with Duvall barely throwing out the first runner, and Finnegan himself taking care of the second one. The second hit looked like it hurt, a lot, so hopefully there isn't an injury looming :(

Elam
03-15-2016, 04:46 PM
Finnegan getting literally beat up on the mound there at the end of the inning

- - - Updated - - -

Back to back liners straight back to Finnegan literally knock the glove off Finnegan's hand (both times), with Duvall barely throwing out the first runner, and Finnegan himself taking care of the second one. The second hit looked like it hurt, a lot, so hopefully there isn't an injury looming :(

Luckily on his glove hand

androosh
03-15-2016, 04:48 PM
I think everybody was surprised by that Hamilton ball and Gordon still has it LF despite his legs being made of strings and pulleys nowadays
I don't know what I would have done had, on the first two pitches he saw of the year, Billy hit a perfect bunt single and Home Run.

Luckily on his glove hand
Definitely lucky, but still scary. My guess is he may be over for the day solely because he was hit twice, but who knows - pitch count is ok.

Elam
03-15-2016, 04:53 PM
Votto shows why being selecting is a good thing. Goes from a 1-2 count to full and lines one into center.

Duvall, who is looking good today, with another single. Plus he's actually made some pretty good plays at 3rd

androosh
03-15-2016, 04:54 PM
Missed Cozart's at bat, but he caused an out (somehow). Votto drew the count full and then hit a sharp grounder right up back the middle for a single. Duvall a nice single that went to left field. Bruce a weak dribbler back to the pitcher that should have been a double-play, but was double-clutched and they only got Bruce out at first. The Zee-induced cold streak for Peraza continues as he pops up to the right side to end the inning.

Elam
03-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Finnegan back out there

klw
03-15-2016, 05:01 PM
The Zee-induced cold streak for Peraza continues as he pops up to the right side to end the inning.
aka the Cozart

androosh
03-15-2016, 05:03 PM
Finnegan back out thereYep, and after running the first two counts full, he gets a fly out and a strike out for the first two outs. Cozart shows his defensive prowess to snag a bullet hit right at him by Orlando for the final out of the inning.

Bourgeois Zee
03-15-2016, 05:05 PM
I officially apologize.

All Peraza-related snafus are my responsibility.

Mea frickin' culpa. :evil:

Tom Servo
03-15-2016, 05:06 PM
4 solid frames for Finny, nice to see.

androosh
03-15-2016, 05:11 PM
I officially apologize.

All Peraza-related snafus are my responsibility.

Mea frickin' culpa. :evil:Huzzah - the long, less-than-five at bat drought should now be over!

androosh
03-15-2016, 05:13 PM
In my final half-inning of commentary, the Reds have a lackluster performance, getting two runners on base and then being unable to bring either around to score.

Red Raindog
03-15-2016, 05:22 PM
Finnegan - 69 pretty good looking pitches today --- if he doesn't get clobbered by a comebacker I think there's one rotation spot filled

Gandalf the Red
03-15-2016, 05:42 PM
Schebler Ks. 0-3.

1) Make team.
2) Lull opposing teams into false sense of security.
3) Unleash hell, General Maximus style.

Raisor
03-15-2016, 05:45 PM
Schebler Ks. 0-3.

1) Make team.

Not for nothing, but I'm convinced that "Hell" was Maximus' dog.

At my command, unleash hell.

And the servant lets the dog go.

Kc61
03-15-2016, 06:33 PM
I don't recall exactly where Trahan wound up in the RedsZone poll.

However we rated him was too far down the list. He's better. If healthy, guy will be a major leaguer for a fair number of years, IMO.

BTW, this wasn't a stray thought, it was based on his outing in today's game.

Somsen finished up for the win. Looked pretty good. Quick worker, seems confident, got the last guy on a call third strike. Nice.

lollipopcurve
03-15-2016, 09:05 PM
I don't recall exactly where Trahan wound up in the RedsZone poll.

However we rated him was too far down the list. He's better. If healthy, guy will be a major leaguer for a fair number of years, IMO.

Yep. Really like the way this kid plays.

klw
03-16-2016, 12:10 PM
Schebler Ks. 0-3.

1) Make team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx0Lpjm5xcE

cobike
03-16-2016, 12:28 PM
Somsen finished up for the win. Looked pretty good. Quick worker, seems confident, got the last guy on a call third strike. Nice.

Really liked what I saw in Somsen. Looks like he's throwing hard, blew it by a couple of hitters; a lot of movement on his slider (or whatever his lesser-speed pitch is).

Big Klu
03-16-2016, 02:59 PM
Schebler Ks. 0-3.

1) Make team.

http://i2.wp.com/startupguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Screen-Shot-2013-06-08-at-12.43.36-AM.png?zoom=1.5&resize=591%2C277