PDA

View Full Version : 3/1/2017 - Preseason Game 6 - The Dawn of Cozart - Reds at Brewers

membengal
03-01-2017, 01:41 PM
The Reds didn't want to win with Cozart not playing, would have made him feel bad. But now, with Cozart back, the winning can begin. Reds at Brewers at 3:00.

La Isla Bonilla on the bump for the Reds.

Hamilton - CF
Cozart - SS
Schebler - RF
Suarez - 3b
Winker - LF
Herrera - DH
Barhart -C
Elizalde (apparently a real player) - 1b
Renda - 2b

Tadasimha
03-01-2017, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=membengal;3598833]The Reds didn't want to win with Cozart not playing, would have made him feel bad. But now, with Cozart back, the winning can begin. Reds at Brewers at 3:00.

La Isla Bonilla on the bump for the Reds.

Hamilton - CF
Cozart - SS
Schebler - RF
Suarez - 3b
Winker - LF
Herrera - DH
Barhart -C
Elizalde[B](apparently a real player) - 1b
Renda - 2b[/QUOTE[B]]

Could this be Ed Lizale in disguise? He was suspended for performance enhancing hair plugs a few seasons ago

membengal
03-01-2017, 03:10 PM
Zach Cozart homers.

I guess he's okay...

membengal
03-01-2017, 03:16 PM
La Isla Bonilla throws his first pitch of the spring and the Brewer player rudely hits it out of the park. Game tied.

And now a double. Bonilla making the Brewers feel good about themselves.

And now an RBI single allowed. If he can serve up a triple, he will have gone the pitcher cycle in the first four batters.

A K to the 4th batter, so that's better, in that it isn't a hit and more runs.

And another K, La Isla making a nice comeback.

But now a BB loads the bases ( I lost a previous walk apparently), and the bullpen is up and Mack Jenkins is to the mound to chat.

A K ends the inning, with La Isla avoiding going the full BobSteve.

2-1 Brewers after 1.

Tom Servo
03-01-2017, 03:28 PM
La Isla Bonilla throws his first pitch of the spring and the Brewer player rudely hits it out of the park. Game tied.

And now an RBI single allowed. If he can serve up a triple, he will have gone the pitcher cycle in the first four batters.

But now a BB loads the bases, and the bullpen is up and Mack Jenkins is to the mound to chat.
Lisalverto...rethink this.

klw
03-01-2017, 03:30 PM

But now a BB loads the bases ( I lost a previous walk apparently), and the bullpen is up and Mack Jenkins is to the mound to chat.

Maybe he started slow because he was daydreaming of San Pedro.

Raisor
03-01-2017, 03:33 PM
RIP Bonilla's career

One and done! Next!

klw
03-01-2017, 03:33 PM
Laisla Bonilla with the K of Locke to get out of the inning without further damage.

membengal
03-01-2017, 03:34 PM
Whoever it was that tabbed him La Isla Bonilla, I was sold at once. His first inning seemed like yesterday, not far away.

membengal
03-01-2017, 03:36 PM
Winker gets robbed of a hit by a nice play in CF apparently by a Brewer. Boo.

And now Herrera gets robbed of a hit by Scooter Gennett. The Brewers are haters.

membengal
03-01-2017, 03:39 PM
2-1 after an inning and a half, Brewers up.

- - - Updated - - -

RIP Bonilla's career

One and done! Next!

Tough but fair. He had his chance.

Raisor
03-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Rookie Davis with his final chance to save his career.

membengal
03-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Rookie Davis on the mound, although Raisor's snark noted, he was able to pitch his first outing without vomiting on himself while missing the strike zone the entire time he was out there. So that's a plus for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Four pitches, four balls and, by rule, a walk.

I hope he hasn't been taking advice from BobSteve.

membengal
03-01-2017, 03:43 PM
Now three pitches, three strikes, and by rule, a strikeout.

Bouncer back to mound, easy second out with runner moving to second.

klw
03-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Whoever it was that tabbed him La Isla Bonilla, I was sold at once. His first inning seemed like yesterday, not far away.
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?113361-Reds-claim-pitcher-Lisalverto-Bonilla-on-waivers&p=3594598&viewfull=1#post3594598

I will take the credit/blame for that song being stuck in our heads from now on and note that La Isla apparently wanted to be where the sun warms the sky
and that it's time for siesta. He will watch them go by as some rookie pitches.

membengal
03-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Davis gets the K to end the inning. Nice work from him. 2-1 after two, Brewers up.

ScotlandRed
03-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Nice breaking pitch by Davis to get Gennett and end the inning.

Raisor
03-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Davis gets the K to end the inning. Nice work from him. 2-1 after two, Brewers up.

He didn't K all 3.

RIP Rookie Davis career

membengal
03-01-2017, 04:01 PM
Raisor, you are just a dog with a bone. Results kinda matter for the young ones early in a camp, especially one as crowded as this one is. So, yes, IMO, it's good news for Davis that he had a good inning (and hopefully another). BobSteve may want to start having good innings on his next outing. Just cause, others are pitching well and he really hasn't for a few years now.

JaxRed
03-01-2017, 04:04 PM
.... La Isla avoiding going the full BobSteve.

The full Bob Steve includes a wild pitch and a hit batter.

membengal
03-01-2017, 04:04 PM
A 1-2-3 inning for Davis, two nice innings from him again. Not someone I was high on coming into the spring, but liking the reports from the coaches and how he has apparently looked so far.

JaxRed
03-01-2017, 04:09 PM
A 1-2-3 inning for Davis, two nice innings from him again. Not someone I was high on coming into the spring, but liking the reports from the coaches and how he has apparently looked so far.

And I guess he was having hip issues last year.

membengal
03-01-2017, 04:18 PM
And I guess he was having hip issues last year.

Yup. Which would certainly explain some things.

membengal
03-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Good fourth inning for Sal Romano - his first inning of work. Pretty excited for his 2017 too. Romano allowed a hit, got a K and a double play in the inning.

2-2 game end of 4. I missed how the Reds tied it up.

membengal
03-01-2017, 04:35 PM
Romano back on the bump for his second inning of work, gets a ground out to start things, then allows a ground single. Runner thrown out at second trying to steal for second out. A fly ball that Marty thought would be caught carries almost out and bounces off wall for a double, but then a shallow fly out ends inning.

Two scoreless for Romano on the day, and Marty sounded impressed with the work from the kid over this two innings.

Four scoreless for Romano on the spring now.

membengal
03-01-2017, 04:45 PM
By the way, it was an RBI double for Suarez that tied the game for the Reds in the 4th.

In the 6th, after a leadoff out, back to back walks to Suarez and Winker and Reds have two on. Winker apparently robbed of hits in both his previous at-bats.

Herrera flies to short right and Barnhart Ks, so nothing across.

2-2 middle of 6, and I am out for the day. Maybe the Reds can find a way to win this one late.

Raisor
03-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Raisor, you are just a dog with a bone. Results kinda matter for the young ones early in a camp, especially one as crowded as this one is. So, yes, IMO, it's good news for Davis that he had a good inning (and hopefully another). BobSteve may want to start having good innings on his next outing. Just cause, others are pitching well and he really hasn't for a few years now.

If someone wants to tell me that spring results matter, ok, but when someone says that and then says that after one (1) inning someone should be eliminated from consideration I'm going to call shenanigans.

klw
03-01-2017, 05:07 PM
I'm going to call shenanigans.
508-291-3230
http://shenanigansbarandgrill.net/dinner/4457282

Raisor
03-01-2017, 05:09 PM
508-291-3230
http://shenanigansbarandgrill.net/dinner/4457282

That's outstanding

M2
03-01-2017, 05:11 PM
If someone wants to tell me that spring results matter, ok, but when someone says that and then says that after one (1) inning someone should be eliminated from consideration I'm going to call shenanigans.

People keeping pointing to Stephenson's three previous years, but you've managed to avoid that. Anyway, as Romano and Davis continue to accrue positive outings, Stephenson's going to need to keep pace.

Raisor
03-01-2017, 05:15 PM
People keeping pointing to Stephenson's three previous years, but you've managed to avoid that. Anyway, as Romano and Davis continue to accrue positive outings, Stephenson's going to need to keep pace.

If he's out of the rotation after last season, fine. It's the idea that he lost that chance after his one inning I have the problem with.

The thought that he had a chance prior to that outing but doesn't now is what I have a problem with.

Raisor
03-01-2017, 05:30 PM
I respect the opinion that Stephenson shouldn't be considered for the rotation based on what he's done in the past. I don't agree, but I can respect that opinion.

I can't respect an opinion that, because of what he's done in the past that 1IP is enough to convince you he shouldn't be in the rotation.

That's the difference.

Tom Servo
03-01-2017, 05:44 PM
The whole thing with Rookie was getting that velocity back following the groin injury, he was throwing 90-91 mph last year which ain't gonna play. But a Rookie who throws mid 90s like he did in the FSL has a real chance at sticking in a big league rotation.

JaxRed
03-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Romano back on the bump for his second inning of work, gets a ground out to start things, then allows a ground single. Runner thrown out at second trying to steal for second out. A fly ball that Marty thought would be caught carries almost out and bounces off wall for a double, but then a shallow fly out ends inning.

Two scoreless for Romano on the day, and Marty sounded impressed with the work from the kid over this two innings.

Four scoreless for Romano on the spring now.

He sure is a "high effort delivery" guy.

M2
03-01-2017, 06:02 PM
Ariel Hernandez clearly wanted no part of a tie ballgame.

JaxRed
03-01-2017, 06:48 PM
I'm running behind on the game. Heard Ervin got a little heavy last year. He looks like he trimmed up a bit.

JaxRed
03-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Thought Mella was very impressive. He walked 2 guys but when he was missing, he was barely missing. Threw hard. Solid frame.

marcshoe
03-01-2017, 07:49 PM
I've come to terms with the fact that the Reds will never win another game. It's simple math, really.

WrongVerb
03-01-2017, 08:37 PM
I've come to terms with the fact that the Reds will never win another game. It's simple math, really.

There's a time when wins count. That time ain't the preseason.

marcshoe
03-01-2017, 10:33 PM
There's a time when wins count. That time ain't the preseason.

It doesn't matter. The trend is pointing at zero wins. Ever. The exact same odds of Shaq ever winning an Academy Award, no matter who hands out the envelope.

Sorry. As I was typing The General commercial where Shaq pauses and acts as if he said something humorous played. It distracted me.

Anyway, it should be obvious; the Reds are on pace to win zero spring games. No team that has ever gone winless in spring training has ever won a regular season game. Simple math.

WVRedsFan
03-02-2017, 01:26 AM
It doesn't matter. The trend is pointing at zero wins. Ever. The exact same odds of Shaq ever winning an Academy Award, no matter who hands out the envelope.

Sorry. As I was typing The General commercial where Shaq pauses and acts as if he said something humorous played. It distracted me.

Anyway, it should be obvious; the Reds are on pace to win zero spring games. No team that has ever gone winless in spring training has ever won a regular season game. Simple math.Price and his brain trust are interesting individuals. Every year in Spring Training, he starts out that "season" playing guys who may be prospects, but really suspects. Filters in a veteran here and there and wonders why the veterans aren't ready to play on opening day. I understand, but the absence of the Vottos, Duvalls, and others might hold a reason for slow starts or maybe not. It sure makes the games non-interesting. I have to think that old FU Price knows what he's doing, but you have to wonder, And as someone said, it doesn't matter anyway. This team will lose 90 games either way.

Ron Madden
03-02-2017, 03:40 AM

Let Him Live Another Day.
A Round of beers all Around.
He Showed Some Moxey On The Mound.
Early Spring Means Everything.
One Bad Outting Will Blow your Chance!
There's No Such Thing As Happenstance!
Unless Every Fan Knows Your Name.
And You're A Proven Vet Who Knows The Game. ;)

Ron Madden
03-02-2017, 03:51 AM
Price and his brain trust are interesting individuals. Every year in Spring Training, he starts out that "season" playing guys who may be prospects, but really suspects. Filters in a veteran here and there and wonders why the veterans aren't ready to play on opening day. I understand, but the absence of the Vottos, Duvalls, and others might hold a reason for slow starts or maybe not. It sure makes the games non-interesting. I have to think that old FU Price knows what he's doing, but you have to wonder, And as someone said, it doesn't matter anyway. This team will lose 90 games either way.

Sparky hardley ever took the starting eight to road games in Spring Training.
He seldom had more than 3 of'em in the lineup at the same time at home untill the last week of March. And then he hardly ever played all 8 of'em together during the regular season. But Yeah, I guess Bryan Price is an Idiot.
I'd love to see more playing time for the starters too but it's early yet.

Raisor
03-02-2017, 03:32 PM
Complaint about the spring training lineup the first week. Ok.