PDA

View Full Version : 3/9/17 - Preseason Game Whatever This is

membengal
03-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Adelman getting lit up. He is also walking the house.

We really having him be a part of the rotation?

Really?

At any rate, 3 walks, 3 hits, 4 runs so far in the 1st, all earned.

dougdirt
03-09-2017, 03:32 PM
Adelman getting lit up. He is also walking the house.

Really?

At any rate, 3 walks, 3 hits, 4 runs so far in the 1st, all earned.

It's March 9th.

Tom Servo
03-09-2017, 03:32 PM

Hopefully not.

membengal
03-09-2017, 03:33 PM
It's March 9th.

I don't want him in the rotation.

dougdirt
03-09-2017, 03:36 PM

I'd prefer it that way as well. But, if having him make five starts means keeping Amir Garrett, or Sal Romano, or giving Reed/Stephenson a few Triple-A starts to work on things in a 2017 Reds season.... I don't mind it one bit.

membengal
03-09-2017, 03:37 PM
I'd prefer it that way as well. But, if having him make five starts means keeping Amir Garrett, or Sal Romano, or giving Reed/Stephenson a few Triple-A starts to work on things in a 2017 Reds season.... I don't mind it one bit.

dougdirt
03-09-2017, 03:42 PM

And I want Mike Trout in right field.

Raisor
03-09-2017, 03:47 PM

He and Bronson will both be there.

membengal
03-09-2017, 03:48 PM
He and Bronson will both be there.

Where's the dislike button.

If they open the season Finnegan/Feldman/Arroyo/Adelman/Disco, that's a pretty clear sign they are trying to lose 120 games.

RedsfaninMT
03-09-2017, 03:48 PM
What the heck does Mike Trout have to do with not wanting Adleman in the rotation? I don't want Adleman either. I can suffer through a few starts in what will be a lost season, but the Mike Trout argument seems disingenuous.

Raisor
03-09-2017, 03:50 PM
What the heck does Mike Trout have to do with not wanting Adleman in the rotation? I don't want Adleman either. I can suffer through a few starts in what will be a lost season, but the Mike Trout argument seems disingenuous.

It's just saying we don't always get what we want

Tom Servo
03-09-2017, 03:50 PM
Where's the dislike button.

If they open the season Finnegan/Feldman/Arroyo/Adelman/Disco, that's a pretty clear sign they are trying to lose 120 games.
I mean I wouldn't like it, but if that's the case I imagine Garrett and Romano could be up in short order to replace the dead weight.

Interested in seeing how RobSteve looks in his next start. He's had one good and one bad one. Adleman has one good one and two bad ones.

membengal
03-09-2017, 03:55 PM
I mean I wouldn't like it, but if that's the case I imagine Garrett and Romano could be up in short order to replace the dead weight.

Interested in seeing how RobSteve looks in his next start. He's had one good and one bad one. Adleman has one good one and two bad ones.

I am just SO tired of loathing the product on the field and seeing no hope. I want hope, dammit. And a rotation that would have Adelman/Feldman/Arroyo is a sharp stick in the eye of the fanbase, again. For better or worse, Reed and BobSteve need to be in the rotation, with Romano and Garrett ready at AAA for their turn in case they stumble again or to replace Feldman, ideally, come June.

Strikes Out Looking
03-09-2017, 03:55 PM
If Adelman doesn't consistently throw strikes in the Spring, he won't make the rotation regardless of what that means for Garrett, Stephenson, Reed etc... He has three more weeks to work the walks out of his system (and give them to Joey where they belong). If not, I hear Louisville is nice in April.

membengal
03-09-2017, 03:57 PM
This is a nice distraction though:

https://twitter.com/GameOfThrones/status/839931931076628480

Big Klu
03-09-2017, 04:07 PM

But if you try sometimes,
You might find,
You get what you need.

http://katdish.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Mick-Jagger.jpg

RedsfaninMT
03-09-2017, 04:09 PM

I know what it's saying. I don't think a single one of us believes we will always get what we want as fans. But since we're going there how about the Reds sign Luis Robert and let him become the future LF. He might not be Trout, but signing him would boost everyone's spirits around here. And it's realistic, unlike hoping for Trout as our RF.

RedsfaninMT
03-09-2017, 04:10 PM
But if you try sometimes,
You might find,
You get what you need.

http://katdish.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Mick-Jagger.jpg

Who is that YOUNG man? My wife's first concert as a teen back in the 70s was the Stones. And now I get to listen to One Direction day after day after day...

WVRedsFan
03-09-2017, 04:11 PM
I'm sitting here shaking my head Adleman has proven nothing but that he is not ready for the majors (and probably never will be), and still they trot him out numerous times while the guys who will pitch or play aren't getting in many games (I know the lineup today looks better). That goes for Shackelford, too. I know that ST games mean nothing, but getting killed two days out of three isn't good. For me at least.

dougdirt
03-09-2017, 04:14 PM
I'm sitting here shaking my head Adleman has proven nothing but that he is not ready for the majors (and probably never will be), and still they trot him out numerous times while the guys who will pitch or play aren't getting in many games (I know the lineup today looks better).
I must have missed where he threw 70 solid innings in the Major Leagues last season for the Cincinnati Reds.

I get that he's not a world beater and he's not going to ever have his stuff confused with the Stephenson/Reed/Garrett/Romano's of the world. But man, the guy pitched better than all of them last year. In the Majors. And you're sitting here saying he's proven nothing but that he's not ready for the Majors and probably never will be.

I know what it's saying. I don't think a single one of us believes we will always get what we want as fans. But since we're going there how about the Reds sign Luis Robert and let him become the future LF. He might not be Trout, but signing him would boost everyone's spirits around here. And it's realistic, unlike hoping for Trout as our RF.

Well, Luis Robert may not even be an option for the Reds. So, there's that. If he's not eligible to sign before June 15th, the Reds have zero chance no matter how much they could theoretically want to pay him.

Tom Servo
03-09-2017, 04:15 PM
I'm sitting here shaking my head Adleman has proven nothing but that he is not ready for the majors (and probably never will be), and still they trot him out numerous times while the guys who will pitch or play aren't getting in many games (I know the lineup today looks better). That goes for Shackelford, too. I know that ST games mean nothing, but getting killed two days out of three isn't good. For me at least.
It really doesn't matter my dude. Shackelford isn't going to sniff a Reds regular season game.

WVRedsFan
03-09-2017, 04:18 PM
I must have missed where he threw 70 solid innings in the Major Leagues last season for the Cincinnati Reds.

I get that he's not a world beater and he's not going to ever have his stuff confused with the Stephenson/Reed/Garrett/Romano's of the world. But man, the guy pitched better than all of them last year. In the Majors. And you're sitting here saying he's proven nothing but that he's not ready for the Majors and probably never will be.

I checked after the post and you are correct. It just seems he gets killed whenever he pitches. Mea culpa.

- - - Updated - - -

It really doesn't matter my dude. Shackelford isn't going to sniff a Reds regular season game.I know and rightly so.

WVRedsFan
03-09-2017, 04:32 PM
Maybe Doug knows, what is the projection on the starting staff when they break camp? Do you think Adleman will be in the mix? Anyone else new?

westofyou
03-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Just was about to tune into the Reds game... saw this and decided not to

http://www.chud.com/community/content/type/61/id/225143/

dougdirt
03-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Maybe Doug knows, what is the projection on the starting staff when they break camp? Do you think Adleman will be in the mix? Anyone else new?

We know the top 3, assuming DeSclafani is ready to go. After that, no one seems to really know.

With that said, I believe the Reds would PREFER it to be Reed and Stephenson. For as much as we keep hearing the other media say the team isn't concerned with service time on Amir Garrett, I just don't buy it. If they weren't concerned with it they would have called him up last September instead of saying he reached his innings limit. When he threw 4 more innings than he had thrown the previous two seasons. Especially since this year is his final option year. They could have found him five innings as a reliever to get his feet wet. But they didn't. And the only logical reason is that they are worried about service time.

klw
03-09-2017, 04:44 PM

Stop reading this and go look at the 12Z CMC and Euro

klw
03-09-2017, 05:05 PM
Alcantara with a homer to cut the deficit to 10 runs. 12-2 Oakland in an inning in the middle (5th maybe)

Raisor
03-09-2017, 05:16 PM

Bronson Arroyo

OnBaseMachine
03-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Stephenson: 2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 2 K

membengal
03-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Stop reading this and go look at the 12Z CMC and Euro

Spent all afternoon staring at those. About to check out 18z gfs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

membengal
03-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Oooo, 18z gfs was hawt. Too bad it's four days away - on the edge down here.

OnBaseMachine
03-09-2017, 05:37 PM
Not exactly what I was hoping to see from Stephenson today after retiring all six batters he faced last time out. The good: Only one run on three hits and 3 K's in 3 IP. The bad: Two walks.

Tom Servo
03-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Not exactly what I was hoping to see from Stephenson today after retiring all six batters he faced last time out. The good: Only one run on three hits and 3 K's in 3 IP. The bad: Two walks.
First inning was bad but he was pretty good after that

WVRedsFan
03-09-2017, 06:17 PM
Rallying. 3-run double off the bat of Irvin. 12-5

WVRedsFan
03-09-2017, 06:24 PM
We know the top 3, assuming DeSclafani is ready to go. After that, no one seems to really know.

With that said, I believe the Reds would PREFER it to be Reed and Stephenson. For as much as we keep hearing the other media say the team isn't concerned with service time on Amir Garrett, I just don't buy it. If they weren't concerned with it they would have called him up last September instead of saying he reached his innings limit. When he threw 4 more innings than he had thrown the previous two seasons. Especially since this year is his final option year. They could have found him five innings as a reliever to get his feet wet. But they didn't. And the only logical reason is that they are worried about service time.Thanks, Doug. Living this far away and only getting to check in here sporadically, I didn't know.

klw
03-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Oooo, 18z gfs was hawt. Too bad it's four days away - on the edge down here.

It did look good. Hoping the trend continues to put some QPF back my way.

membengal
03-09-2017, 09:30 PM
It did look good. Hoping the trend continues to put some QPF back my way.

BWI only at .7" for the year and I have had just over 1" at my house. We need this down here. If we whiff this, the .7" at bwi ties all-time futility record...

Good luck up there , I would guess this ends up north in the end, you will be fine.

corkedbat
03-10-2017, 04:38 PM
nm