View Full Version : 3/24/17 - Preseason Game Whatever - Brewers at Reds

membengal
03-24-2017, 04:07 PM
Romano on the bump.

K's 1st batter.

K's 2nd batter (looking).

K's 3rd batter (looking).

The third batter was Ryan Braun.

So, that's a nice first inning for Romano...

membengal
03-24-2017, 04:13 PM
Inspired by Romano being awesome, Cozart leads off bottom of first with HR.

StRedlegs900
03-24-2017, 04:14 PM
Love seeing Sal dominate, but starting to get really afraid that the Reds will end up making a silly decision to not hold off his service time.

membengal
03-24-2017, 04:15 PM
Love seeing Sal dominate, but starting to get really afraid that the Reds will end up making a silly decision to not hold off his service time.

I am hoping like hell he comes north.

Mesoraco singles.

Suarez singles.

Duvall walks(!)

Schebler singles, two score.

The Reds are clearly Romano inspired.

Tom Servo
03-24-2017, 04:21 PM
I am hoping like hell he comes north.

Mesoraco singles.

Suarez singles.
Will those 2-3 April starts keep you warm and fuzzy when the bill comes due on his service time down the road?

membengal
03-24-2017, 04:23 PM
Will those 2-3 April starts keep you warm and fuzzy when the bill comes due on his service time down the road?

Yes. I don't give a damn about the owner's pockets and profits. Sorry for being a bad fantasy owner. Maybe if Romano turns into something awesome, Reds will pay him. But I am old school enough to want guys who have won jobs and pitched well to get jobs, and not be held back for bull**** contract reasons.

In any event, no reason to re-hash this here. Sorry Romano is making people so sad by pitching really well.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't feel like having yet another discussion over this in this thread, so I will duck out. Have a good one, all.

Tom Servo
03-24-2017, 04:24 PM
Yes. I don't give a damn about the owner's pockets and profits. Sorry for being a bad fantasy owner. Maybe if Romano turns into something awesome, Reds will pay him. But I am old school enough to want guys who have won jobs and pitched well to get jobs, and not be held back for bull**** contract reasons.

In any event, no reason to re-hash this here. Sorry Romano is making people so sad by pitching really well.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't feel like having yet another discussion over this in this thread, so I will duck out. Have a good one, all.
It's not a federal case man, I just asked a question.

StRedlegs900
03-24-2017, 04:30 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I get the frustration, but the fact of the matter is the Reds have seemed to be snake-bit when it comes to LTC's recently. An extra year of service time just has too much value when compared to a few weeks of an admitted "non-contention" season.

Heck, Joey Votto is the best Reds player my generation has ever seen, has actually provided value above and beyond his contract, and people STILL complain that the Reds can't afford him. We can ignore owners crying "budget" all we want, but they're the ones who own the team and make the decisions. Give me the extra year of service time, or give me death.

StRedlegs900
03-24-2017, 04:35 PM
Sal getting hit around a bit in the 2nd now.

Double-play ball that Cozart commits and error on, followed by a 2-run triple, and now a run-scoring double (on an 0-2 pitch).

Now another hit, another run scored. 4-4 now.

Romano K's the pitcher, but then gives up another double. Still only 1 out, man on 2nd and 3rd.

Sac fly to Duvall, 5-4 Brewers, 2 outs.

Full count to Ryan Braun, and he gets Braun to swing and miss.

After two, it's 5-4 Brewers...Romano has 5 K's, but has also given up 5 runs.

OnBaseMachine
03-24-2017, 04:37 PM
Big Sal dominated three major league hitters, now the minor leagues guys are hitting him around, though Cozart cost him two outs.

OnBaseMachine
03-24-2017, 04:47 PM
Romano K's Braun for the second time.

0 BB/5 K in 2 IP.

UPRedsFan
03-24-2017, 04:52 PM
Big Sal dominated three major league hitters, now the minor leagues guys are hitting him around, though Cozart cost him two outs.

Despite his spring success, seems he's always given up a lot of hits in the minors. I don't think I'd bring him north just yet. Maybe he still needs to work on something for a few weeks.

RustyJ
03-24-2017, 04:53 PM
Romano K's Braun for the second time.

0 BB/5 K in 2 IP.

Finally a reason to send him down for a few weeks, and a bunch of strikeouts to boot. Excellent work Sal. :thumbup:

StRedlegs900
03-24-2017, 04:56 PM
Finally a reason to send him down for a few weeks, and a bunch of strikeouts to boot. Excellent work Sal. :thumbup:

Kc61
03-24-2017, 05:44 PM

I'd keep Sal at AAA until the Super Two deadline in June. If he's doing well then, I'd bring him up.

He's 23, he hasn't pitched any AAA and his minor league career has been more potential than performance. Happily, he turned things around last season, but I wouldn't rush him to the bigs.

Garrett is slightly ahead in advancement (pitched some AAA already) and is a year older. I'd bring him up late April, early May if he's doing well.

MikeS21
03-24-2017, 05:50 PM
OK, am I reading this correctly? Romano threw 39 pitches in 4.2 innings, and 35 of 39 pitches were for strikes? 4 pitches out of the strike zone in 4+ innings?

RedsfaninMT
03-24-2017, 06:26 PM
OK, am I reading this correctly? Romano threw 39 pitches in 4.2 innings, and 35 of 39 pitches were for strikes? 4 pitches out of the strike zone in 4+ innings?

I went there earlier for a start. DougDirt pointed out pitch tracking in ST games is notoriously inaccurate.

Tom Servo
03-24-2017, 06:27 PM
No MLB.com doesn't go in depth on non-televised games, the system acts as though every strikeout is three pitches, every walk is four pitches, etc.

Tom Servo
03-24-2017, 06:53 PM
Zachary Buchanan
Storen was sitting 88-90, according to a scout.

ruh roh

Tom Servo
03-24-2017, 06:56 PM
RBI double for Senzel

Raisor
03-24-2017, 07:34 PM
RBI double for Senzel

Either Zach or CTrent posted video of the hit. It was a broken bat double.

Pretty cool.