PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Toronto

redsfaninbsg
05-18-2017, 10:43 PM
I try to hit at least one new park a year and with the Reds going to Toronto and it being one of the parks I've not been to, I'm going north. Have any of you been? The wife and kids are going too so I'm all ears in regards to what to see and visit outside of baseball.

SunDeck
05-21-2017, 09:17 PM
Now that Honest Ed's is closed, I can't think of a single thing to do in Toronto.

NJReds
05-22-2017, 10:11 AM
I was up there last November to take my daughter on a college visit. I bought the City Pass to do some basic "tourist" things, which included a trip to the top of the CN Tower, the aquarium, the zoo, and a couple of museums in the city. You can usually buy the city passes in advance online and get a good discount. Even if you don't use all of the included tickets, I think it pays for itself even if you only go to 2 or 3 places. The hockey hall of fame is in Toronto, we didn't go but I heard that it's a fun visit if you're a hockey fan.

RedsManRick
05-24-2017, 08:19 AM
I live in Toronto (only since January). It's a nice city, but I don't think it has any real "can't miss" landmarks. I'd recommend the CN Tower for the view and the ROM is good if you're into museums.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

goreds2
05-30-2017, 12:41 PM
I try to hit at least one new park a year and with the Reds going to Toronto and it being one of the parks I've not been to, I'm going north. Have any of you been? The wife and kids are going too so I'm all ears in regards to what to see and visit outside of baseball. Ignoring the Reds game from last night, I hope you are having a good time. I would love to see a game there someday.

jimbo
06-11-2017, 01:10 PM
I live in Toronto (only since January). It's a nice city, but I don't think it has any real "can't miss" landmarks. I'd recommend the CN Tower for the view and the ROM is good if you're into museums.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Haven't been to Toronto since the mid-90's, but went to the ROM each time I visited and always enjoyed it, although I imagine it's changed a lot since. I also really enjoyed the Ontario Science Center.

I'm not a big city person, but I really liked Toronto. I remember looking down from the top of the CN Tower onto the Rogers Centre as it was being constructed.

Rick Rick
08-24-2017, 04:55 AM
I was in Toronto several times.
I don’t remember most of the names but there was this Foo-Asian Street food restaurant which I loved, lots of things for vegetarians (and not only). As somebody has already mentioned you should buy a city pass, it will be great since you are with kids.
Actually I have an uncle in Canada.
He’s got an apartment near Toronto with a nice terrace like that https://tranio.com/canada/adt/1575109/. We used to have coffee outside and chat in the morning (last time I was in early spring and it was lovely weather). I hope it’s not too hot now for your trip. Heat can be exhausting in Toronto.

Rick Rick
08-25-2017, 06:28 AM
I was in Toronto several times.
I don’t remember most of the names but there was this Foo-Asian Street food restaurant which I loved, lots of things for vegetarians (and not only). As somebody has already mentioned you should buy a city pass, it will be great since you are with kids.
Actually I have an uncle in Canada. He’s got an apartment near Toronto with a nice terrace https://tranio.com/canada/adt/1575109/. We used to have coffee outside and chat in the morning (last time I was in early spring and it was lovely weather). I hope it’s not too hot now for your trip. Heat can be exhausting in Toronto.

sdwagers
08-25-2017, 08:47 AM
I went to the Rogers Centre for a game in June, one of my mentors lives in Burlington. Hot Dogs on the street carts are chargrilled and quite tasty. Very clean park. I mean impeccably clean. Canadian exchange rates are very favorable to US dollars to souvenirs are cheaper. Gas is in Liters and driving distances are Kilometers as they're on the metric system as well. Uber is everywhere. Toronto drivers will drive you nuts.