PDA

View Full Version : I need to make some life changes --need some advice re Reds TV package.

Cooper
03-06-2018, 11:15 AM
I found out that I have crohn's disease and that my life will probably change --that's ok --all of life is about change and how you handle it. I do think it's going to effect my finances.....my energy level is lower and i wasn't the most aggressive worker in the world as it was/is. So i'm making some plans -i want to cut back on my TV bill. I have free streaming so that helps....really all i want is to be able to watch the Reds. It would not bother me to only have one channel and that one channel have the Reds. I watch old movies -i can do that on Youtube for free. I live in Richmond, Indiana (70 miles away from GABP as the crow flies) and i'm not always sure if i'm within a certain market's geographical range or not -it seems to be hit and miss. For example- right now i am getting Cavs games (Cleveland is almost 250 miles away) but no Pacer games (they are 60 miles away). I once saw Cleveland on a map -that's the closest i've ever been to it. I also get Cardinal games and that makes me vomit --it may be the thing that started my downward spiral. I would think i'm inside the blackout area for the MLB package.

What, in your humble opinion, would allow me to watch the Reds as cheaply as possible? The winner gets to come with me and be a part of my next colonoscopy---hell, you can film it if you want. Go Reds.

WildcatFan
03-06-2018, 11:23 AM
Ah, sorry about the Chrohn's thing. I dated a girl who had it, and she was eventually able to figure out medications to the point where it became very much under control.

Check out Sling TV. The Blue package is $25/month and includes Fox Regional Sports Networks. You'd want to make sure FS Ohio is in your region, but as long as that's the case you should be good to go.

dougdirt
03-06-2018, 01:59 PM
Ah, sorry about the Chrohn's thing. I dated a girl who had it, and she was eventually able to figure out medications to the point where it became very much under control.

Check out Sling TV. The Blue package is $25/month and includes Fox Regional Sports Networks. You'd want to make sure FS Ohio is in your region, but as long as that's the case you should be good to go.

Yeah - this sounds like the right option. I literally just dropped Sling for Playstation Vue - the channel selection was a little better for a few bucks more, but I never once had a problem with Sling as a service. No problems buffering, no outages - nothing. If you are looking for just the Reds games, that would seem to be the cheapest bet for you.

goreds2
03-12-2018, 12:07 PM
I found out that I have crohn's disease and that my life will probably change --that's ok --all of life is about change and how you handle it. I do think it's going to effect my finances..... . I would think i'm inside the blackout area for the MLB package.

What, in your humble opinion, would allow me to watch the Reds as cheaply as possible? The winner gets to come with me and be a part of my next colonoscopy---hell, you can film it if you want. Go Reds. You can key in your zip code at this link to see if you are blacked out. Best Wishes on the outcome of your Chrohns disease. https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/blackouts-teams

Bacon
03-18-2018, 11:41 PM
I found out that I have crohn's disease and that my life will probably change --that's ok --all of life is about change and how you handle it. I do think it's going to effect my finances.....my energy level is lower and i wasn't the most aggressive worker in the world as it was/is. So i'm making some plans -i want to cut back on my TV bill. I have free streaming so that helps....really all i want is to be able to watch the Reds. It would not bother me to only have one channel and that one channel have the Reds. I watch old movies -i can do that on Youtube for free. I live in Richmond, Indiana (70 miles away from GABP as the crow flies) and i'm not always sure if i'm within a certain market's geographical range or not -it seems to be hit and miss. For example- right now i am getting Cavs games (Cleveland is almost 250 miles away) but no Pacer games (they are 60 miles away). I once saw Cleveland on a map -that's the closest i've ever been to it. I also get Cardinal games and that makes me vomit --it may be the thing that started my downward spiral. I would think i'm inside the blackout area for the MLB package.

What, in your humble opinion, would allow me to watch the Reds as cheaply as possible? The winner gets to come with me and be a part of my next colonoscopy---hell, you can film it if you want. Go Reds.

Research "Lazyman"