PDA

View Full Version : Even better question

Ravenlord
05-21-2003, 01:29 AM
i'm being offered Alex Gonzalez (Cubs) and Tim Redding for Randall Simon and Wade Miller. here's my team:

C Miller
C Stinnett
1B Palmeiro
2B Walker
3B Ventura
SS Hernandez
OF Jacque Jones
OF Sanders
OF Bautista
OF Stairs
OF Guillen
CI Casey
MI Mordecai
IF Simon
IF Cairo
UTIL Merced
UTIL Cordero
UTIL Fick

SP Zito
RP Wagner
P Miller
P Wells
P Daal
P Hawkins
P White
P Silva
P Runelvys Hernandez
P Herdia
P Mercker
P Cormier

pretty much every standard and semi-standard stat counts in this league.

Red Leader
05-21-2003, 10:28 AM
Personally I think that you'd be giving up the most valuable player in this deal (Miller) and I'm not ecstatic about the return your getting. I would hold onto Miller. I know start after start it has to feel like he's never going to turn it around, but remember, this is a guy who basically dominated the league in the 2nd half of last season, he will correct his flaws and improve.

Johnny Footstool
05-21-2003, 12:05 PM
I drafted Miller last year, then dumped him when he struggled, so I missed out on his fantastic June-September numbers.

I drafted him this year, and I'm going to hang on to him until mid-June.

Alex Gonzales is junk, and Tim Redding is as much a question mark as Miller. Pass on this deal.

cincinnati chili
05-21-2003, 12:14 PM
Remember this inequality, because it applies to numerous proposed fantasy deals:

Crap + Wade Miller > Crap + Crap

Red Leader
05-21-2003, 12:23 PM
I'll add that on top of what others have said, you are giving away arguably your best starter. If you deal Miller away and he improves, you're going to kick yourself, even if Redding improves to be a solid #2. Redding just doesn't have a ceiling as high as Miller and since you are thin at the P position, that's why you don't make this trade. I wholeheartedly agree with chili on this as well. The others are crap. Miller is not, he's struggling, and there's a BIG difference. Hold onto him and be patient with him.