PDA

View Full Version : Something has to change in Reds country

RedlegsFanatic
05-06-2018, 11:21 PM
I'm just so tired of losing. As I'm sure you all are. The problem is, and has been management. Look at the other small market clubs. The Royals, Indians, Brewers, and even the Pirates, etc. They all have great managers and general managers. Hiring Jim Riggleman is just as bad as having Bryan Price. Cincinnati needs a Player's manager. Like Aaron Boone, Dave Roberts, Terry Francona, Joe Maddon, Mike Matheny, or Clint Hurdle among others. And our most recent trades show how much we need a general manager. I say either bring back Dusty Baker aka "The Ultimate Player's Manager" or lure in Joe Girardi. If neither of those work out, talk Barry Larkin into managing. We aren't even coming close to winning a division title until it happens. Hopefully all these losing seasons at least lead to some good draft picks.

Maldez
05-07-2018, 08:17 PM
I'm just so tired of losing. As I'm sure you all are. The problem is, and has been management. Look at the other small market clubs. The Royals, Indians, Brewers, and even the Pirates, etc. They all have great managers and general managers. Hiring Jim Riggleman is just as bad as having Bryan Price. Cincinnati needs a Player's manager. Like Aaron Boone, Dave Roberts, Terry Francona, Joe Maddon, Mike Matheny, or Clint Hurdle among others. And our most recent trades show how much we need a general manager. I say either bring back Dusty Baker aka "The Ultimate Player's Manager" or lure in Joe Girardi. If neither of those work out, talk Barry Larkin into managing. We aren't even coming close to winning a division title until it happens. Hopefully all these losing seasons at least lead to some good draft picks.

The manager of the Reds is a very minor concern of Cincinnati right now, because Connie Mack couldn't win with this budget-minded group. The accusing finger has to be pointed directly at one Bob Castellini, the man responsible for this so-called "re-build", which, in my mind, is just an excuse to pocket cash and string fans along.

I've been a fan of the Reds for decades and have never lost interest until this year, when I finally ran out of patience, hope, or whatever virtue it would take to watch a team that has no chance to win get its butt kicked day after day.