PDA

View Full Version : MLB The Show

DatRedsFan
05-30-2018, 01:58 PM
Have an issue....here lately I've been skipping to next half inning for pitching for the first 6 innings of games and doing the batting each inning. I've noticed when I put a a normal reserve guy (Senzel) into the starting lineup it takes him out before his first AB???

Larry Schuler
05-30-2018, 02:05 PM
Yikes. That's annoying.

The main issue I have with 2016 and 2017 is that, in Road to the Show mode where I only experience my own players' at bats/events, sometimes the pitch counts for pitchers don't match the situation (a guy has walked me on 6 pitches and two other people are now on base and the pitcher has only 7 pitches) and sometimes a runner will disappear with no runs or outs having changed. I'm assuming these are just bugs that you can't fix.

DatRedsFan
06-05-2018, 09:22 AM
My Reds lineup on The Show

CF Fairchild (.312, HR, 12 RBI's,12 SB in 15 games)
SS Senzel/Peraza (Senzel: .284, 2 HR's, 17 RBI's in 23 games/ Peraza: .264, 0 HR, 21 RBI's, 18 SB's in 32 games)
1B Votto (.301, 12 HR's, 38 RBI's)
2B Gennett (.334, 19 HR's, 44 RBI's)
3B Suarez (.321, 14 HR's, 32 RBI's)
RF Schebler/Trammell (Schebler: .250, 11 HR's,24 RBI's, 8 SB's/ Trammell: .277, HR, 7 RBI's, 8 SB's in 12 games)
C Barnhart (.255, 2 HR's, 18 RBI's)
LF Duvall/Winker (Duvall: .278, 13 HR's, 36 RBI's, 6 SB's/ Winker: .240, 0 HR's, 19 RBI's)

Rotation:

Castillo (7-4, 3.75)
Mahle (5-2,4.55)
Harvey (2-2,2.89)
Disco (3-4, 4.86)
Mella (5-0,2.87)

Hamilton gets scattered starts and comes in to PR/defense. His stats are mind boggling considering he doesn't start..lol....(.248,1 HR, 13 RBI's, 37 SB's in 52 games)
Bailey hasn't pitched a inning all season

Currently 34-18 and 2 games back of the Cubs

FlightRick
06-06-2018, 11:06 PM
Not 100% on topic, but also close enough that I feel stupid starting a new thread:

RBI Baseball '18, specifically on mobile: anybody play it yet?

I already have a go-to mobile baseball game that's free to play ("MLB Perfect Inning") and the part of the game where you just want to knock out a few innings of actual gameplay (pitching and hitting) is great. The team-building part, however? Meh: accumulating good players is grindy, because it's a "freemium" game that targets mobile-addicted Asian cultures with in-game purchases that START at $10 (and top out at $99), and I don't do anything that's not a micro-transaction for mobile games. So I'm stuck with whatever the game gives me for free. And there is ZERO consideration for real franchise building/GM Mode, which means I'm still stuck getting my franchise mode fun on desktop, which is so 10 years years ago. I likes me kind of a half-strength OOTP type of game (where I can automate some GM/franchise bits, but control trades/drafting/etc to some extent), and OOTP's own mobile entry is a nightmare of crashing and lost seasons and stuff like that.

RBI '18 claims to be a non-bugged version of that functionality, on top of solid hitting/pitching/graphics thing. First time I know of that's available to fit in my pocket to kill time anywhere.

Also, it costs $7. Not a microtransaction. It's not like $7 is a lot. It's just a lot more than have ever considered reasonable for spending on a mobile game in one fell swoop, and feeling like I'm making a stupid expenditure is one of my least favorite feelings. Perhaps I can make a one-time "adjustment for inflation" (my rule of "microtransactions" is "$3 or less"), and then some good reviews will sway me....

All insights welcomed.