Eugenio Suarez(R) 3B
Phillip Ervin(R) CF
Tucker Barnhart(B) C
Curt Casali(R) 1B
Dilson Herrera(R) LF
Luis Castillo(R) P

Tom Servo
08-25-2018, 12:41 PM
Still not sure why they don't just play Scooter at 1B, eliminates the dumb elements like a backup catcher playing 1B and 2B playing LF.

mth123
08-25-2018, 12:56 PM
Cubs might run wild on the bases today. Weak arms in both OF corners and a guy who can't hit the cut-off man in center.

'69
08-25-2018, 01:50 PM
Cubs might run wild on the bases today. Weak arms in both OF corners and a guy who can't hit the cut-off man in center.

Hopefully Luis limits their opportunities.

- - - Updated - - -

Still not sure why they don't just play Scooter at 1B, eliminates the dumb elements like a backup catcher playing 1B and 2B playing LF.

It sure would. Makes zero sense. :bang:

Big Klu
08-25-2018, 02:03 PM

I don't know why they just don't play Herrera at 1B. He actually has more professional experience at 1B than Scooter.

I see a Lenny Harris type of career in store for him. Utility INF/OF and bat off the bench.

RedlegsFanatic
08-25-2018, 02:23 PM
Most "twilight" comebacks are not successful.
It is very cool to see Matt Holliday make it all the way back to the bigs.
Especially making the roster of a Playoff contender.
And he looks exactly the same. Still with arms like fence posts. lol
Cool story.

And welcome back SCHEBLER with a base hit!l

RedlegsFanatic
08-25-2018, 02:28 PM
Is it time to send down Dixon until Sept call ups?
And give someone else a chance for the next week 5-6 days.
Not sure if he is even ready for AA ball right now.

Flair4Horsemen
08-25-2018, 02:29 PM
I don't know why they just don't play Herrera at 1B. He actually has more professional experience at 1B than Scooter.

I see a Lenny Harris type of career in store for him. Utility INF/OF and bat off the bench.

Herrera is going to wind up as a starting second baseman someplace, just not with the Reds. He's going to be traded this off season, or at least he should be.

RedlegsFanatic
08-25-2018, 02:33 PM
Very much agreed. (With the emergence of Peraza this season)
Would have been nice to get a little more out of Bruce at the time, but I also wish Dilson would do well the rest of the season and up his value.
I think he will play a lot for "display" reasons.

mbgrayson
08-25-2018, 02:38 PM
I think Billy would have caught that Zobrist single....

BCubb2003
08-25-2018, 02:49 PM
I think Billy would have caught that Zobrist single....

Mr. C, is that you? Just kidding. We all love Billy for what he is.

RedlegsFanatic
08-25-2018, 02:58 PM
It's amazing how the Yankees have both the resources to sign absolutely ANYONE they want.

AND

Find a way to load their farm system with the best young talent in baseball.

I mean a guy like Clint Frazier can't even find room on the roster.
Normally when a team produces talent like Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Severino, etc... the cupboard goes a little dry for a while.
But not the Yankees. Some how they are able to draft, get, or find Andujar, Torres, Hicks, and more.

Until MLB opens it's eyes like all the other major sports have and adopt some type of revenue sharing policy AND salary cap, this is how it's gonna be.
It's going to be the Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs, Mets, Astros, White Sox, Angels, Dodgers, etc, and then everyone else looking for crumbs.
It was great for baseball when the Royals won the Series, but that didn't last long.
The A's are a great story this season, but they can't really compete with the big boys either.

BluegrassRedleg
08-25-2018, 03:02 PM
Again, a meatball down and in to a LH hitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rantly
08-25-2018, 03:31 PM
Not to impressed with Dilson so far...

50YrRedsFan
08-25-2018, 03:35 PM
Casali flyout, Herrera K's, Castillo gets the hit. Baseball.

Alabama
08-25-2018, 03:42 PM

It’s just so obvious that it makes me second guess myself, like hey, maybe this organization has a plan I don’t see, same with the non trades and what not. Then I look at our record the past 5 years, the mishandling of every pitching prospect, and the unforgiveable, franchise killing Chapman trade and I’m reminded, nope, it is that obvious. The decision makers are just awful at what they do.

BluegrassRedleg
08-25-2018, 03:43 PM
Sigh. Another T-ball pitch.

Baseballdad37
08-25-2018, 03:44 PM
The inconsistencies kills me!

Big Klu
08-25-2018, 03:45 PM
Sigh. Another T-ball pitch.

Well, they are wearing T-Ball uniforms, so....

Kc61
08-25-2018, 03:56 PM

Dilson isn’t that versatile defensively. So far, my sense is he’s a regular ok player with good power. That’s the one thing I see potentially above average.

He may go all EE on us later, but I don’t see a stand-out player there. Wouldn’t be disappointed if he goes in a trade.

BluegrassRedleg
08-25-2018, 04:04 PM
This team is hard to watch right now. It's like we turned back the clock to early May.

BluegrassRedleg
08-25-2018, 04:08 PM
Thom's erection from that Garrett-Baez confrontation earlier this season has lasted more than 4 hours. He needs to seek medical attention.

Big Klu
08-25-2018, 04:13 PM
Dilson isn’t that versatile defensively. So far, my sense is he’s a regular ok player with good power. That’s the one thing I see potentially above average.

He may go all EE on us later, but I don’t see a stand-out player there. Wouldn’t be disappointed if he goes in a trade.

Harris played a lot of positions (1B, 2B, 3B, OF) at an average to below average level. I see Herrera as potentially doing the same thing (2B & LF so far, possibly 1B & 3B down the road). I think Herrera does have more power, but I don't know if he has enough ability to stick as a regular. I still think his future role is as a solid utility player off the bench, either here or somewhere else.

malcontent
08-25-2018, 04:17 PM
Hopefully this means Romano to the pen, for the foreseeable future. I'd like to see Reed given a shot as a starter.

Ironman92
08-25-2018, 04:29 PM
This game blows.

'69
08-25-2018, 04:34 PM
This game has been great to take a nap to.

'69
08-25-2018, 04:38 PM
Sal looks like he could be Lou Pinella's kid

Alabama
08-25-2018, 04:48 PM
You guys feeling that “positive momentum” the FO was talking about?

BluegrassRedleg
08-25-2018, 04:58 PM
There are days when you just have to turn it off and walk away. This is one of them. #click

'69
08-25-2018, 05:07 PM
Lol Peralta walks another

RedlegsFanatic
08-25-2018, 05:07 PM
Off subject, and I know most are even tired of hearing about him, but at this point I wish the Reds would just give Homer his money, cut him a check and release him.
He is one of the worst, if not THE worst, starting pitchers in all of baseball, when he isn't on the DL.
He is doing nothing but taking up a valuable roster spot, a spot in which one of our young starting pitchers in AAA could have.
Every inning Homer pitches hurts the club in more ways than 1 as described.

'69
08-25-2018, 05:11 PM
Two walks followed by two errors. This is brutal.

'69
08-25-2018, 05:14 PM
Off subject, and I know most are even tired of hearing about him, but at this point I wish the Reds would just give Homer his money, cut him a check and release him.
He is one of the worst, if not THE worst, starting pitchers in all of baseball, when he isn't on the DL.
He is doing nothing but taking up a valuable roster spot, a spot in which one of our young starting pitchers in AAA could have.
Every inning Homer pitches hurts the club in more ways than 1 as described.

Move him to the bullpen to replace Peralta, it'd be a wash

RedlegsFanatic
08-25-2018, 05:14 PM
THAT is why Suarez will prob win the RBI title.
But he will not win the MVP.
Every...single...time...he comes to the plate there are runners on 2nd & 3rd at worst it seems.

I would imagine Suarez has had 75 fewer runners on base during his at bats this season than Baez.

50YrRedsFan
08-25-2018, 05:15 PM
I going to do something else now. The Reds don't need me to watch them play like a bad little league team any more today.

'69
08-25-2018, 05:24 PM
THAT is why Suarez will prob win the RBI title.
But he will not win the MVP.
Every...single...time...he comes to the plate there are runners on 2nd & 3rd at worst it seems.

I would imagine Suarez has had 75 fewer runners on base during his at bats this season than Baez.

Possibly but Baez winning the MVP would be well deserved. He might even have more power to opposite fields as his ridiculous HR off Garrett showed. Love Geno, just saying.

'69
08-25-2018, 05:29 PM
Casali, 3-run HR. :clap:

Big Klu
08-25-2018, 05:30 PM
Casali, 2-run HR. :clap:

3-run HR.

Tom Servo
08-25-2018, 05:31 PM
but what if the Reds were not kill

'69
08-25-2018, 05:31 PM
Preston Tucker homers. Slam Range baby. :laugh:

Big Klu
08-25-2018, 05:32 PM
I going to do something else now. The Reds don't need me to watch them play like a bad little league team any more today.

Well, they are dressed like a bad little league team, so....

'69
08-25-2018, 05:33 PM
3-run HR.

TY. Even better.

KronoRed
08-25-2018, 05:34 PM
That's an insult to little league teams, none of them look like they are wearing pajamas.

'69
08-25-2018, 05:37 PM
Well, they are dressed like a bad little league team, so....

Seriously bad. Did they go with two different shades of red on purpose?

'69
08-25-2018, 05:40 PM
The Cubs unis are like something a '70's Royals team would sport.

Big Klu
08-25-2018, 05:41 PM
Seriously bad. Did they go with two different shades of red on purpose?

I don't know. It was that way last year, too. Only difference last year was that the body of the jersey was white instead of gray, but that was because they were at home last year. But the red sleeves and cap do not match their normal shade of red.

cumberlandreds
08-26-2018, 10:27 AM
MLB should be ashamed of the uniforms they have all teams wearing this weekend. It looks cheap and its just an embarrassment. Whoever came up with this idea should be summarily fired.

As for the Reds they just can't compete against the really good teams. Of course that's no news as they haven't been able to do that for the last three or four seasons.I don't see much hope in it getting better as the starting pitching has not improved one bit, overall, this season.

Big Klu
08-26-2018, 02:07 PM
MLB should be ashamed of the uniforms they have all teams wearing this weekend. It looks cheap and its just an embarrassment. Whoever came up with this idea should be summarily fired.

As for the Reds they just can't compete against the really good teams. Of course that's no news as they haven't been able to do that for the last three or four seasons.I don't see much hope in it getting better as the starting pitching has not improved one bit, overall, this season.

And of course, anyone who expresses an opinion that they dislike these "Players' Weekend" uniforms is immediately publicly shamed for being anti-players, anti-kids, and anti-fun.

As a kid, I didn't want to see big-league ballplayers wearing uniforms that looked like my Little League uniform. I wanted to wear a uniform that looked like theirs! I wanted to see them look professional.