PDA

View Full Version : Spring Training Game 2/23 vs. Indians 3:05 PM

Rojo Rijo
02-23-2019, 07:21 AM
GAME DAY!

This is the most excited I've been about the Reds heading into a season since 2014.

Go Reds!

Kirito-Sama
02-23-2019, 12:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0Gv_H0XQAEO18a.jpg

Commence first lineup complaints of 2019!

NebraskaRed
02-23-2019, 03:03 PM
THE REDS ARE ON THE...Cleveland Indians television feed

Kirito-Sama
02-23-2019, 03:11 PM
Looks like Roark dropped the lumberjack beard, for those who were wondering.

ochoa30
02-23-2019, 03:12 PM
So great to watch Reds baseball again and actually feel excitement towards the season!

Kirito-Sama
02-23-2019, 03:20 PM
Good start, Finny!

KYExtemper
02-23-2019, 03:20 PM
Still weird to see Matt Kemp in a Reds jersey.

Kirito-Sama
02-23-2019, 03:21 PM
Indians reporter- "So what did you work on this offseason?"

Trevor Bauer- "Getting in trouble."

Lmao

JaxRed
02-23-2019, 03:22 PM
Roark did one inning with no runners reaching. Barnhart, Votto and Kemp go quickly

Finnegan starts the 2nd, and on the first swing gives up a homer...

Kirito-Sama
02-23-2019, 03:23 PM
Trevor Bauer is kind of a jerk

Tadasimha
02-23-2019, 03:24 PM
Roark is Cy Young reborn and Finnegan is a bum, dfa him!

(RZ spring training rant - best shape of my life)

NebraskaRed
02-23-2019, 03:27 PM
Let's just say that Siri did not play that ball well

JaxRed
02-23-2019, 03:49 PM
Suarez, Puig, and Ervin go quietly. Hughes to pitch 3rd. Quiet inning for Hughes.

M2
02-23-2019, 03:52 PM
Insta-demotion for Brandon Finnegan.

JaxRed
02-23-2019, 04:00 PM
Reds still hitless. Colon but it well but lined out. Amir coming in to pitch with his new contacts.

NebraskaRed
02-23-2019, 04:02 PM
Suarez and Votto combined to make an impressive out there

Tadasimha
02-23-2019, 04:06 PM
A hit, a palpable hit!

KYExtemper
02-23-2019, 04:09 PM
Welcome Matt Kemp!

NebraskaRed
02-23-2019, 04:09 PM
Matt Kemp with 2 run homer

GaiusBallstar
02-23-2019, 04:10 PM
Matt Kemp with 2 run homer

Off the Woj himself, how appropriate.

Ron Madden
02-23-2019, 04:14 PM
Wojo may be baggin’ groceries this summer

Tadasimha
02-23-2019, 04:20 PM
Buddy Boshers? That's the name of a British comedy show, right?

Ron Madden
The game is now on MLBN

NebraskaRed
Not Siri's best day

JaxRed
02-23-2019, 04:48 PM
Siri doubled and stole 3rd and scored on SF. Boshers escaped damage but didn't look great.

Alabama
02-23-2019, 05:18 PM
Is there a reason Senzel hasn’t played?
Vertigo, bone chips, finger problems, etc??

JaxRed
02-23-2019, 05:21 PM
Is there a reason Senzel hasn’t played?
Vertigo, bone chips, finger problems, etc??

Seriously....are you trolling the board? Every single post of your seems to be like this....

Alabama
02-23-2019, 05:24 PM
Seriously....are you trolling the board? Every single post of your seems to be like this....

It’s a question. You think he’d be getting all the reps possible in cf.
He also has an injury history. It’s a legit question

JaxRed
02-23-2019, 05:26 PM
In regards to Trammels arm. He had a sac fly opportunity and the camera cut away from him before he threw the ball. But the throw seemed to peter out in the infield.

Ron Madden
02-23-2019, 05:30 PM
It’s a question. You think he’d be getting all the reps possible in cf.
He also has an injury history. It’s a legit question

This is the Reds first game of the 2019 Cactus Leauge

Ron Madden
02-23-2019, 05:38 PM
Bottom of the 9th all tied up at 3-3

KYExtemper
02-23-2019, 05:39 PM
Ties after nine end in a draw right? Need to score a run to stop communism.

Ron Madden
02-23-2019, 05:40 PM
Marty thought that ball was gone

Ron Madden
02-23-2019, 05:43 PM
Game Ends with a 3-3 tie.

Better than an L I guess

Norm Chortleton
02-23-2019, 06:53 PM
Game Ends with a 3-3 tie.

Better than an L I guessYou have a crystal ball. Only 1 out in the 9th on mlb network [emoji23]

Derrp. Derrp. Derrp

redsof72
02-23-2019, 07:35 PM
Not Siri's best day

The bad: He gets a little anxious and takes a bad route in CF on a ball that was going to be over his head anyway. Then later, a throwing error as he tried to throw behind the runner at second and overthrew the infielder. Tried to do a little too much today in the field. He will be fine out there once he settles down. Siri is a very emotional player. I can tell you this: there are not many better defensively in center. He is not BHam, but he is very, very good out there.

The good: Second at-bat...chased a slider out of the zone for strike two, as he is prone to do. After a foul ball, pitcher went back to the same slider, same location, to get the strikeout, and this time, Siri was able to lay off the pitch. Nice. Now the pitcher throws a fastball over the plate and Siri rips it off the left center field wall for a double. Then on the first pitch he steals third and eventually scores the tie breaking run on a sac fly.

Good first game for the most toolsy prospect Reds have had since Eric Davis. The problems can be corrected as he settles down. The second at bat was a beauty. Let’s see if he can keep making progress on recognizing that slider.

lollipopcurve
02-24-2019, 08:37 AM
The bad: He gets a little anxious and takes a bad route in CF on a ball that was going to be over his head anyway. Then later, a throwing error as he tried to throw behind the runner at second and overthrew the infielder. Tried to do a little too much today in the field. He will be fine out there once he settles down. Siri is a very emotional player. I can tell you this: there are not many better defensively in center. He is not BHam, but he is very, very good out there.

The good: Second at-bat...chased a slider out of the zone for strike two, as he is prone to do. After a foul ball, pitcher went back to the same slider, same location, to get the strikeout, and this time, Siri was able to lay off the pitch. Nice. Now the pitcher throws a fastball over the plate and Siri rips it off the left center field wall for a double. Then on the first pitch he steals third and eventually scores the tie breaking run on a sac fly.

Good first game for the most toolsy prospect Reds have had since Eric Davis. The problems can be corrected as he settles down. The second at bat was a beauty. Let’s see if he can keep making progress on recognizing that slider.

Agreed completely. It's going to take some patience on the part of the organization (which I think they'll have) and fans (less confidence there). Folks can't forget Siri is a good defensive CF with at least 25-25 potential. There aren't many prospects like that in the game right now.

redsof72
02-24-2019, 09:37 AM
Agreed completely. It's going to take some patience on the part of the organization (which I think they'll have) and fans (less confidence there). Folks can't forget Siri is a good defensive CF with at least 25-25 potential. There aren't many prospects like that in the game right now.

One thing that should be noted here: If you watched Saturday’s game and saw the mis-read on the fly ball I am referring to, you saw it was a lateral step instead of an immediate recognition of the need to go back. The mis-read lasted a fraction of a second. Still, you can’t have that from your center fielder, and Siri doesn’t do that often. That fraction of a second is the difference between a guy who can play CF, and a guy who can’t.

For those who think you can just plug a guy from another position into CF and they will be ok...I refer you to that mistake by Siri and ask this question: do you know how hard it is going to be for Senzel or Puig or someone else to NOT have those kind of mis-reads, a lot of times? Look at that play and how quickly it developed and the split second that he had to make a decision. I am not saying Senzel can’t do it, just saying it is a lot more than just sticking him out there and asking him to catch the ball.

I think you are going to see a lot of Siri this first week and let’s see how it goes.

RED VAN HOT
02-24-2019, 02:29 PM
One thing that should be noted here: If you watched Saturday’s game and saw the mis-read on the fly ball I am referring to, you saw it was a lateral step instead of an immediate recognition of the need to go back. The mis-read lasted a fraction of a second. Still, you can’t have that from your center fielder, and Siri doesn’t do that often. That fraction of a second is the difference between a guy who can play CF, and a guy who can’t.

For those who think you can just plug a guy from another position into CF and they will be ok...I refer you to that mistake by Siri and ask this question: do you know how hard it is going to be for Senzel or Puig or someone else to NOT have those kind of mis-reads, a lot of times? Look at that play and how quickly it developed and the split second that he had to make a decision. I am not saying Senzel can’t do it, just saying it is a lot more than just sticking him out there and asking him to catch the ball.

I think you are going to see a lot of Siri this first week and let’s see how it goes.

Thanks, 72. Your baseball eyes are at least 10 fold better than mine.

RED VAN HOT
02-24-2019, 02:34 PM
I know he is old news to RZ and probably counted out of the bullpen sweepstakes, but I thought Jackson Stephens looked particularly good. His breaking balls looked sharp. Factoring in young hitters and no speed gun, I still thought his outing was encouraging.