PDA

View Full Version : Spring Training games 3/21/19 split squad vs Royals and Mariners

WrongVerb
03-21-2019, 12:14 PM
The lineup for the Royals game looks like the players who will be starting on opening day, though not necessarily that order.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2Mb-nCWsAYQiLb.jpg:small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2Mb-vDWwAI0lON.jpg:small

NebraskaRed
03-21-2019, 01:44 PM
Votto has batted second almost the entire spring, right?

At first I thought that was just to get more ABs before leaving the game. Now I'm thinking this is where he'll bat on opening day.

CaiGuy
03-21-2019, 02:10 PM

At first I thought that was just to get more ABs before leaving the game. Now I'm thinking this is where he'll bat on opening day.

I have a feeling that we are seeing the opening day lineup (sans Castillo) in the first game today.

Strikes Out Looking
03-21-2019, 05:02 PM
I have a feeling that we are seeing the opening day lineup (sans Castillo) in the first game today.

And the first Sunday special in the second game today.

texasdave
03-21-2019, 09:48 PM
ESPN has two starting pitchers listed for Seattle, and none for the Reds. Advantage Seattle.

03-21-2019, 09:57 PM
Second game has no tv or radio for either team. Just watching it on MLB game day. I feel like a caveman.

JaxRed
03-21-2019, 10:39 PM
Second game has no tv or radio for either team. Just watching it on MLB game day. I feel like a caveman.

You can still save money on your car insurance.

texasdave
03-22-2019, 09:33 AM
Brian O'Grady threw out a runner at home, as well as a runner at third yesterday.

Sea Ray
03-22-2019, 11:27 AM

He sure looks like a #2 hitter to me. The way he's choking up on the bat, working the count. He'll be lucky if he matches last yr's HR output which was paltry

kaldaniels
03-22-2019, 01:48 PM
He sure looks like a #2 hitter to me. The way he's choking up on the bat, working the count. He'll be lucky if he matches last yr's HR output which was paltry

Lack of a major injury being the only qualifier, put me down for 13 or more homers for Mr Votto. He is always tinkering and changing his approach. Anyone can object all you want, but 13 or more homers is my simple prediction.

Sea Ray
03-24-2019, 11:11 AM
Lack of a major injury being the only qualifier, put me down for 13 or more homers for Mr Votto. He is always tinkering and changing his approach. Anyone can object all you want, but 13 or more homers is my simple prediction.

Put me down as saying the guy will not be a power threat this yr. If it's 12 HRs, 13, 15...those are all paltry numbers for a guy at GABP. Jose Peraza will again be a bigger HR guy than Votto