PDA

View Full Version : Pirates @ Reds 12:35 Wed 5.29.19

Pages : 1 [2]

mamell
05-29-2019, 05:15 PM
Have you ever noticed some people only post in the game thread when the Reds are losing?

I had an excuse until today since they only lost when I watched. Haven't watched today and they're losing.. Maybe my curse has been broken. I CAN WATCH again without feeling bad... They again, they might score 8 in the next 2 innings.. They sky hasn't fallen!

Tom Servo
05-29-2019, 05:16 PM
Well, I’d argue a sports forum doesn’t need a “standards police,” provided its basic rules are being followed. And I’m certainly perplexed that you were so triggered by my benign statement. I’m entertained by these guys, I try to watch every game I can, but ultimately, they are getting last-place results. In Year 6. It is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry man, wasn't meant to single you out, but this literally happens in the game thread after every loss and you just got an early jump on it. Starts to feel like being in a room full of Thom's.

NebraskaRed
05-29-2019, 05:18 PM
if Raisel Iglesias doesn't pitch today, it will be one full week since he's pitched if he appears in Friday's game.

BluegrassRedleg
05-29-2019, 05:19 PM
Sorry man, wasn't meant to single you out, but this literally happens in the game thread after every loss and you just got an early jump on it. Starts to feel like being in a room full of Thom's.

No one wants to be the Thom. [emoji23]

Just want to see them climb the ladder. It’s time.

BluegrassRedleg
05-29-2019, 05:21 PM
OK. This just got interesting again.

Burger Beer
05-29-2019, 05:21 PM
Had to know it was coming.

- - - Updated - - -

When is Josh Bell up again?

UKWhoDey
05-29-2019, 05:23 PM
Pittsburgh is pure trash.

Ron Madden
05-29-2019, 05:23 PM
I hate Pittsburgh, they broke Genos hand last year

ochoa30
05-29-2019, 05:24 PM
Why is hurdle so mad at that gum?

mhs95_06
05-29-2019, 05:24 PM
Pittsburgh announcers say they can't figure out what is going on, just don't understand what this is about.

Gunner44
05-29-2019, 05:25 PM
Pittsburgh boils my blood in every pro sport. Such a garbage fan base.

Wonderful Monds
05-29-2019, 05:26 PM
Bell out there to get tossed again?

Ron Madden
David Bell is pissed! He has a right to be

Burger Beer
Bell's gonna get tossed. Then Benivedes will get tossed after retaliation. Who's next skipper up?

mhs95_06
Pittsburgh announcers say they can't figure out what is going on, just don't understand what this is about.

They say there was no way that pitch was thrown at Suarez on purpose.

Wonderful Monds
05-29-2019, 05:27 PM
Missed the beaning. Time to start throwing at Pirates’ heads.

UKWhoDey
Give em hell Bell!!!!!!!!! Pirates and Steelers both absolute pure unadulterated trash!!!

ochoa30
I do like how Bell backs his players. Hes out there very quickly whenever something happens at all

Ladeda
05-29-2019, 05:28 PM
I'm not saying it was the right move to leave Disco in there, but I am however saying that if a decision that Bell makes leads to a player not executing in the situation Bell is putting him in then it's always Bell's fault and never the player in the situation. when in reality it's a bit of both

Honestly-- the real issue there was the lack of a left hander in the pen. Bell wanted to save Amir I guess, so really there was no other option than to ride with Disco, or bring in a right handed reliever. Literally a No Win situation. Leave in Disco who gets crushed by lefties, or a right handed reliever who gets crushed slightly less vs lefties. My (slight) beef is him not having Amir warming up-- considering how Bell was due up 3rd in the inning and he has been a beast this year.

I'm pretty sure the Reds now will be looking for a way to add another lefty to the pen. Be it calling Peralta back up, or someone else. (TBF- Peralta was worse against lefties than righties. Same with Zach Duke.) The Reds really only have 2 good options out of the pen vs lefties. Amir and Iglesias. The Reds can't keep going with just 1 lefty out of the pen. This won't be the last time this year a team loads up on lefties to where the Reds need multiple lefties out of the pen in a game.

Oh well, I'm not going to let this one bother me. Still being shutout anyway. Time to take 2 of 3 vs Washington and then 2 of 3 vs St Louis.

Ron Madden
05-29-2019, 05:28 PM
They say there was no way that pitch was thrown at Suarez on purpose.

They’re Full Of Spit!!!

Redeye fly
05-29-2019, 05:29 PM
Not like there's some big comeback coming but horrible AB by Iglesias. Swung at the last two pitches that weren't anywhere close to being high enough or even catching any part of the plate whatsoever. Might have had a chance to hit those pitches with a hockey stick.

ochoa30
05-29-2019, 05:31 PM
Not like there's some big comeback coming but horrible AB by Iglesias. Swung at the last two pitches that weren't anywhere close to being high enough or even catching any part of the plate whatsoever. Might have had a chance to hit those pitches with a hockey stick.

Agreed. You never know and this guy has been wild. Just a non competitive AB there for whatever reason

Ron Madden
05-29-2019, 05:32 PM
RBI Dietrich!

Spanky
05-29-2019, 05:32 PM
What happened to Geno I didn't see it

Burger Beer
05-29-2019, 05:33 PM
Bring in Sims next inning. He could send a message before catching the bus back to Louisville.

Redeye fly

Hit on top of the left hand with a 95 mph fastball.

NatiRedGals

Hit in same hand he broke last year by a pirates pitcher

Kc61
Honestly-- the real issue there was the lack of a left hander in the pen. Bell wanted to save Amir I guess, so really there was no other option than to ride with Disco, or bring in a right handed reliever. Literally a No Win situation. Leave in Disco who gets crushed by lefties, or a right handed reliever who gets crushed slightly less vs lefties. My (slight) beef is him not having Amir warming up-- considering how Bell was due up 3rd in the inning and he has been a beast this year.

I'm pretty sure the Reds now will be looking for a way to add another lefty to the pen. Be it calling Peralta back up, or someone else. (TBF- Peralta was worse against lefties than righties. Same with Zach Duke.) The Reds really only have 2 good options out of the pen vs lefties. Amir and Iglesias. The Reds can't keep going with just 1 lefty out of the pen. This won't be the last time this year a team loads up on lefties to where the Reds need multiple lefties out of the pen in a game.

Oh well, I'm not going to let this one bother me. Still being shutout anyway. Time to take 2 of 3 vs Washington and then 2 of 3 vs St Louis.

I expected lefty Ian Krol at AAA to come up and replace Sims. I still expect it after the off-day tomorrow. My guess is Cody Reed was expected to come up but he’s injured now.

mamell
Thataway to show confidence when you're up by 6.. A long mound visit..

TheTimeIsNow
05-29-2019, 05:34 PM
I hate when teams throw at each other. It's stupid. Hurdle used to be even worse than he is now, surprisingly. But there is double standard here that gets lost by each teams' fanbase. You are gonna disagree with me, but it's the truth.

Pirates hit a batter. Reds retaliate:
Reds fans- "Take that."
Pirates fans- "I hate the Reds. They are garbage. Pure trash."

Reds hit a batter. Pirates retaliate:
Reds fans- "I hate the Pirates. They are garbage. Pure trash."
Pirates fans- "Take that."

mhs95_06

I think Bell already said Duke would be back Friday.

Burger Beer
nm. already covered.

But I'm not against the practice. I usta like hockey goons.

Kc61
Would like to see Reds get back at this pitcher by messing up his ERA. Score some runs.

powersackers
05-29-2019, 05:36 PM
Ya that hbp grinds my gears.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Big Klu
05-29-2019, 05:37 PM
THom makes an astute observation that the pitcher hasn't thrown anything inside since Geno got hit.

This tells me that the pitcher didn't really want to throw the pitch that hit him, but did it because he was ordered to.

mhs95_06
05-29-2019, 05:37 PM
With Suarez probably going to be out for a while, who'll get the bulk of the playing time at 3B?

Tony Cloninger
05-29-2019, 05:38 PM
Bring in Sims next inning. He could send a message before catching the bus back to Louisville.

He’s not Wilbur Wood. He just pitched 7 innings yesterday. I like your humor though. Please stay awhile.

Tom Servo
05-29-2019, 05:39 PM
I expected lefty Ian Krol at AAA to come up and replace Sims. I still expect it after the off-day tomorrow. My guess is Cody Reed was expected to come up but he’s injured now.
Duke is supposed to be back for Friday.

Burger Beer
05-29-2019, 05:39 PM
THom makes an astute observation that the pitcher hasn't thrown anything inside since Geno got hit.

This tells me that the pitcher didn't really want to throw the pitch that hit him, but did it because he was ordered to.

Not ordered to; peer pressure.

Kc61
05-29-2019, 05:40 PM
Duke is supposed to be back for Friday.

Thanks, that explains why no move today.

bigfoot52
05-29-2019, 05:41 PM
And Winker another easy ground ball hit to the right side. Like a recording.

ochoa30
Winker should feast on pitchers like that and got ahead in the count but could only muster a weak ground ball. Meh.

Burger Beer
He’s not Wilbur Wood. He just pitched 7 innings yesterday. I like your humor though. Please stay awhile.

Wouldn't have to even warm up. One pitch.

I'll be here all weekend. Tip your waitress...

Kc61
05-29-2019, 05:42 PM
Iglesias on the mound to get some work.

No funny business, just pitch Raisel.

Don’t need any suspensions. Good chance to win a series this coming weekend.

Ron Madden
05-29-2019, 05:42 PM
I bet none of the Pirate hitters dig in this inning

TheTimeIsNow
05-29-2019, 05:43 PM
This is problem with the Pirates and Reds rivalry. Dietrich hits 3 bombs yesterday. Stares at one of them. Media talks about how the Pirates might retaliate. From that point on the next time the Pirates hit a guy, it is going to be taken as retaliation. It is a constant cycle. Clay Holmes is a terrible pitcher with a career 7.1 walks per nine innings. He threw inside and hit Suarez after he had already faced 3 batters with a 7-0 run lead. Why Suarez? Why wouldn't they wait for Dietrich if they wanted to retaliate? WHY WOULDN'T THEY HAVE JUST THROWN AT SOMEBODY YESTERDAY? It doesn't matter because no matter when the next time a Pirates pitcher hit a Red was going to be, it was going to be taken as retaliation.

bigfoot52
05-29-2019, 05:44 PM
High and tight to Reynolds head and Thom is talking about something else.

Burger Beer
05-29-2019, 05:45 PM
Bean Josh Bell.

Sorry new-school softies.

Kc61
05-29-2019, 05:45 PM
Winker should feast on pitchers like that and got ahead in the count but could only muster a weak ground ball. Meh.

Winker simply needs to use the whole field and he’ll be ok.

With the shift it’s not business as usual.

Also needs to get back to his usual excellent plate discipline. That would help too.

bigfoot52
05-29-2019, 05:46 PM
WTH Winker? The bus to Louisville leaves every 2 hours.

Tracy Jones
05-29-2019, 05:47 PM
Give em hell Bell!!!!!!!!! Pirates and Steelers both absolute pure unadulterated trash!!!

You’re right. It was Steelers fans cheering when the Bengals QB was injured and throwing trash at him as he was carted off the field.

Wait a minute, no it wasn’t.

adkindo
05-29-2019, 05:47 PM
WTH Winker? The bus to Louisville leaves every 2 hours.

guy is almost asking to be benched

mamell
05-29-2019, 05:48 PM
If it were 7-7 I'd feel a lot worse..

Burger Beer
05-29-2019, 05:49 PM
This is problem with the Pirates and Reds rivalry. Dietrich hits 3 bombs yesterday. Stares at one of them. Media talks about how the Pirates might retaliate. From that point on the next time the Pirates hit a guy, it is going to be taken as retaliation. It is a constant cycle. Clay Holmes is a terrible pitcher with a career 7.1 walks per nine innings. He threw inside and hit Suarez after he had already faced 3 batters with a 7-0 run lead. Why Suarez? Why wouldn't they wait for Dietrich if they wanted to retaliate? WHY WOULDN'T THEY HAVE JUST THROWN AT SOMEBODY YESTERDAY? It doesn't matter because no matter when the next time a Pirates pitcher hit a Red was going to be, it was going to be taken as retaliation.

Don't buy it. Not reality.

TheTimeIsNow

Derek Dietrich and Eugenio Suarez both had at bats in the 7th inning last night when the score was 8-0. If the Pirates wanted to retaliate, they would have done it then.

It goes both ways. If the Reds hit Josh Bell the next time these 2 teams play, people are gonna say it was retaliation. I don't buy it. If the Reds wanted to retaliate, they would have just done it. It's a vicious cycle.

bigfoot52
guy is almost asking to be benched

Start working Dietrich out in the OF. When Votto returns, stick him out there. Sit Winker.

Ron Madden
05-29-2019, 05:51 PM
This place is gonna be unbearable until the Reds win another game.

My God!

Tracy Jones
05-29-2019, 05:53 PM

My God!

Suggesting Winker going to the bench isn’t exactly a knee jerk hot take. He’s not good.

gagliano
05-29-2019, 05:54 PM
THom loves some Reynolds.

is he from middletown, home of the gods?

mamell
05-29-2019, 05:56 PM
Time for a 2 out 7 run rally.. Who's with me? See? See? Whadd-I say?

NC Reds
05-29-2019, 05:57 PM
Senzel pulled that ball nicely.

NebraskaRed
Suggesting Winker going to the bench isn’t exactly a knee jerk hot take. He’s not good.

are you arguing that he's not good at all? or that he's having a not good season so far?

Wonderful Monds

it actually is

Ron Madden
Good For Nick!

His power hasn’t vanished

BluegrassRedleg
05-29-2019, 05:58 PM
The score was 0-0, Thom.

Burger Beer
05-29-2019, 05:58 PM

My God!

I'm pretty happy to watch them NOW. And Senzel hits a dinger! Say HECK YEAH Ron!

mamell
05-29-2019, 05:59 PM
Well....heck.. Oh well.. I expected them to win 162 games, but not all of them in this one season..

Burger Beer
05-29-2019, 05:59 PM
I still miss the hockey goons.

Tracy Jones
05-29-2019, 06:00 PM
it actually is

You’re so right. Career 0.2 WAR players don’t grow on trees. That’s why you’re the expert.

ochoa30
05-29-2019, 06:00 PM
Senzel pulled that ball nicely.

Sure did. He has the ability. I've seen it enough in the minors. That's why I made that comment earlier. Felt like he was being a bit passive trying to hit everything through the shifted hole at second. Also why he should never bunt in a situation like that one earlier. Anyways, tough L today. Hopefully they come back and win the series against Washington this weekend. Some tough pitchers going for them though. Also hope Geno is ok more then anything.

RedTeamGo!
05-29-2019, 06:01 PM

Because Suarez is the reds best player, they waited until a/the game was out of reach, and the Pirates, Clint Hurdle, and their fans are a bunch of scumbags.

adkindo
are you arguing that he's not good at all? or that he's having a not good season so far?

he is not good at all in left field

NebraskaRed
You’re so right. Career 0.2 WAR players don’t grow on trees. That’s why you’re the expert.

One of the funniest things on Redszone is crazy overreaction anger.

Burger Beer
05-29-2019, 06:02 PM

BluegrassRedleg
05-29-2019, 06:03 PM
Derek Dietrich and Eugenio Suarez both had at bats in the 7th inning last night when the score was 8-0. If the Pirates wanted to retaliate, they would have done it then.

It goes both ways. If the Reds hit Josh Bell the next time these 2 teams play, people are gonna say it was retaliation. I don't buy it. If the Reds wanted to retaliate, they would have just done it. It's a vicious cycle.

You don’t do it when people are looking for it. And you don’t hit the “offender,” you hit the best player, unless they are one and the same. This was standard operating procedure. A little different for Hurdle, who would typically just start hitting anyone and everyone. But he’s operating with a thin staff right now. Has to be more selective.

RedTeamGo!
05-29-2019, 06:03 PM

Do players with the following career batting line grow on trees, Mr. Expert?

282/374/462/836

NeilHamburger
05-29-2019, 06:04 PM
I feel like the Reds have been 4 games under .500 for the last 6 weeks.

Tracy Jones
05-29-2019, 06:04 PM

One guy says I’ve been “trashing” Winker for 2 years. Now you say it’s “crazy overreaction anger.” Maybe a meeting should be convened to synchronize talking points.

Anyway, the numbers on Jesse Winker are what they are. He’s a replacement player.

TheTimeIsNow
05-29-2019, 06:05 PM
Because Suarez is the reds best player, they waited until a/the game was out of reach, and the Pirates, Clint Hurdle, and their fans are a bunch of scumbags.

The game wasn’t out of reach last night? 8-0. That’s seems out of reach.

Tracy Jones
Do players with the following career batting line grow on trees, Mr. Expert?

282/374/462/836

Zero point Two.

Burger Beer
You don’t do it when people are looking for it. And you don’t hit the “offender,” you hit the best player, unless they are one and the same. This was standard operating procedure. A little different for Hurdle, who would typically just start hitting anyone and everyone. But he’s operating with a thin staff right now. Has to be more selective.

Sounds like you may have played an inning or two.

RedTeamGo!
05-29-2019, 06:06 PM
One guy says I’ve been “trashing” Winker for 2 years. Now you say it’s “crazy overreaction anger.” Maybe a meeting should be convened to synchronize talking points.

Anyway, the numbers on Jesse Winker are what they are. He’s a replacement player.

282/374/462/836

The numbers indeed are what they are.

NebraskaRed

lol what the hell are you talking about?

Tracy Jones
blow it out your ass.

Good retort. That’s why you’re the expert.

- - - Updated - - -

282/374/462/836

The numbers indeed are what they are.

Zero point Two

RedTeamGo!
05-29-2019, 06:07 PM
Zero point Two.

You’re going to stan for the value of (highly questionable) defensive metrics with regard to left field?

TheTimeIsNow
05-29-2019, 06:08 PM
I dont like Clint Hurdle either. I am just trying to make the point that these things get out of hand because of a whole lot of speculation. I am not a fan of it either.

Tracy Jones
05-29-2019, 06:09 PM
You’re going to stan for the value of (highly questionable) defensive metrics with regard to left field?

Zero point Two

TheTimeIsNow
05-29-2019, 06:10 PM
Anyway, I hope you folks aren’t taking what I am saying the wrong way. I enjoy coming on here and having baseball discussions, even if we do root for different teams. Good series. I look forward to the next one.

Ron Madden
05-29-2019, 06:11 PM

Sounds like a narrative

adkindo
05-29-2019, 06:12 PM

sure I will not make many friends with this, but I have been mostly surprised with the very low expectations of the long time members such as yourself. It is like the losing seasons have beaten your hopes into submission. Win one, lose one....many of you guys seem happy with just not going any lower. It just comes off as part of a losing culture sometimes. This is one of the few places where I have seen fans so excited to claim the title of "Mr. Reasonable"!

Tracy Jones
05-29-2019, 06:13 PM
Sounds like a narrative

Sounds like his career WAR makes him a replacement player. Take it up with the fine folks at baseball reference if it upsets you.

Tom Servo
05-29-2019, 06:13 PM
sure I will not make many friends with this, but I have been mostly surprised with the very low expectations of the long time members such as yourself. It is like the losing seasons have beaten your hopes into submission. Win one, lose one....many of you guys seem happy with just not going any lower. It just comes off as part of a losing culture sometimes. This is one of the few places where I have seen fans so excited to claim the title of "Mr. Reasonable"!
if we post enough angry things the Reds will start playing better

NebraskaRed
05-29-2019, 06:14 PM

ok. Cool.

I was reacting to another poster getting upset about Jesse Winker, but go on with your instant psychoanalysis of me

RedTeamGo!
05-29-2019, 06:14 PM
Zero point Two

It’s actually one point five if you by fangraphs.

But that’s neither here nor there. His defense is questionable, obviously, but are you really going to sit there and say a .374 career OBP and 836 OPS is bad because of his bWAR which has been 100% negatively effected by crappy defensive metrics?

But really, who cares, you have chosen to die on the Winker hate hill. Have fun with that.

Ron Madden
05-29-2019, 06:15 PM
We need a winning streak

RedTeamGo!
05-29-2019, 06:15 PM
Anyway, I hope you folks aren’t taking what I am saying the wrong way. I enjoy coming on here and having baseball discussions, even if we do root for different teams. Good series. I look forward to the next one.

Good series? The one in which your scumbag team may have just intentionally injured the best player on the reds?

Honestly, go away .

Big Klu
05-29-2019, 06:19 PM
Good series? The one in which your scumbag team may have just intentionally injured the best player on the reds?

Honestly, go **** yourself.

Dude, that wasn't necessary.

Tracy Jones
It’s actually one point five if you by fangraphs.

But that’s neither here nor there. His defense is questionable, obviously, but are you really going to sit there and say a .374 career OBP and 836 OPS is bad because of his bWAR which has been 100% negatively effected by crappy defensive metrics?

But really, who cares, you have chosen to die on the Winker hate hill. Have fun with that.

I don’t hate Jesse Winker. He’s just not a very good baseball player, and scoffing at the mere mention that he should maybe go to the bench is ignorant homer fanboy stuff.

Redeye fly
Zero point Two.

Based of course more on bad defense than offense. Which isn't to say that defense doesn't count. It also doesn't say that 25 year old players can't improve with the bat and even the glove. Last year people were worried he would never hit for any power. That hasn't been a complaint this year.

If he becomes passable in LF or wherever he's not going to be "zero point two" no matter how often you repeat it like a stubborn childish know it all.

Burger Beer
05-29-2019, 06:20 PM
I dont like Clint Hurdle either. I am just trying to make the point that these things get out of hand because of a whole lot of speculation. I am not a fan of it either.

There is no speculation. It is what it is.

I like Dietrich's swagger, but there is a price to be paid for it.

And when that price is paid, a counter-argument must be forcefully articulated.

Call me a caveman if you must, call me old school, just don't call me weak. I will throw at your head for that...

NebraskaRed
05-29-2019, 06:20 PM

what do you think my reaction to the Reds losing today's game should be?

Should I rant and say this team is garbage and they'll finish in last place? should I vow not to watch another game? Should I say this player or that player should be released?

Larry Schuler
05-29-2019, 06:21 PM
The Reds flew too close to .500.

Tracy Jones
05-29-2019, 06:23 PM
Based of course more on bad defense than offense. Which isn't to say that defense doesn't count. It also doesn't say that 25 year old players can't improve with the bat and even the glove. Last year people were worried he would never hit for any power. That hasn't been a complaint this year.

If he becomes passable in LF or wherever he's not going to be "zero point two" no matter how often you repeat it like a stubborn childish know it all.

He can absolutely improve. Does that mean he’s untouchable and can’t possibly be a candidate for the bench? He is what he is until he isn’t anymore.

Big Klu
05-29-2019, 06:25 PM
Who was the reporter who was trying to get DeSclafani to comment on the intent of the Suarez HBP? I thought he was trying to bait Disco.

Alabama
05-29-2019, 06:25 PM

I’m a Winker fan somewhat, love his approach and contact. But his struggles come from things that cannot be improved on. His athleticism and speed. About as close to a non athlete as you will find in a position player. As a matter of fact he will only get slower unfortunately.

Wonderful Monds
05-29-2019, 06:28 PM
David Bell just said in the post game the Reds are now “going to start taking it into their own hands” and “doing anything that’s necessary” to stick up for themselves, “whatever it takes”, because the league and umpires aren’t going to protect them.

So, there’s gonna be retaliation. Which, good.

Redeye fly
05-29-2019, 06:29 PM
He can absolutely improve. Does that mean he’s untouchable and can’t possibly be a candidate for the bench? He is what he is until he isn’t anymore.

Well yeah he can be a candidate for the bench. But you need someone better than him for that to happen too. It won't be Peraza. It COULD be Dietrich if he continues hitting like this seeing as how he likely won't be much if any better defensively in LF.

Big Klu
05-29-2019, 06:30 PM
David Bell is going to be suspended.

He just said that it is obvious the Pirates intentionally throw at players, that they have done it before and been allowed to do it, and that the umpires and the league are not interested in protecting our players, so we will have to take things into our own hands.

Redeye fly
05-29-2019, 06:31 PM
I’m a Winker fan somewhat, love his approach and contact. But his struggles come from things that cannot be improved on. His athleticism and speed. About as close to a non athlete as you will find in a position player. As a matter of fact he will only get slower unfortunately.

Well there was Sean Casey. Of course he played first base.

Ron Madden
05-29-2019, 06:31 PM
I don’t hate Jesse Winker. He’s just not a very good baseball player, and scoffing at the mere mention that he should maybe go to the bench is ignorant homer fanboy stuff.

I wasn’t just scoffing at the mention of Winker getting benched.
I was talking about all the silly negative comments that are made whenever the Reds lose a game.

And your comment doesn’t upset me at all.

I’d have to value your opinion to get my feelings hurt

Burger Beer
05-29-2019, 06:34 PM
David Bell is going to be suspended.

He just said that it is obvious the Pirates intentionally throw at players, that they have done it before and been allowed to do it, and that the umpires and the league are not interested in protecting our players, so we will have to take things into our own hands.

He's right.

Josh Bell should be in the crosshairs...

Ron Madden
05-29-2019, 06:36 PM
Box Score

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/pirates-vs-reds/2019/05/29/565246#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab= box,game=565246

Redeye fly
05-29-2019, 06:38 PM
He's right.

Not that I'm a fan of bean ball wars or the thought of them. But it is nice to see the fire and looking after his players. The fire of Bryan Price I guess consisted of dropping a bunch of f bombs one time in front of mics.

Burger Beer
05-29-2019, 06:44 PM
Not that I'm a fan of bean ball wars or the thought of them. But it is nice to see the fire and looking after his players. The fire of Bryan Price I guess consisted of dropping a bunch of f bombs one time in front of mics.

I like David Bell. He might be authentic.

fielder's choice
05-29-2019, 06:44 PM
I was talking about all the silly negative comments that are made whenever the Reds lose a game.

I don't think he should get benched but Scooter will be back soon and DD can't be the odd man out...

Big Klu
05-29-2019, 06:47 PM
He's right.

Yeah, but Rob Manfred will take action against David Bell because a manager actually spoke out publicly against the umpires and the league.

Burger Beer
05-29-2019, 06:48 PM
Yeah, but Rob Manfred will take action against David Bell because a manager actually spoke out publicly against the umpires and the league.

Rookie mistake.

NebraskaRed
05-29-2019, 07:15 PM
what do you think my reaction to the Reds losing today's game should be?

Should I rant and say this team is garbage and they'll finish in last place? should I vow not to watch another game? Should I say this player or that player should be released?

This was a genuine question, btw. I really want to know what reaction I was supposed to have.

Norm Chortleton
05-29-2019, 07:30 PM
This is problem with the Pirates and Reds rivalry. Dietrich hits 3 bombs yesterday. Stares at one of them. Media talks about how the Pirates might retaliate. From that point on the next time the Pirates hit a guy, it is going to be taken as retaliation. It is a constant cycle. Clay Holmes is a terrible pitcher with a career 7.1 walks per nine innings. He threw inside and hit Suarez after he had already faced 3 batters with a 7-0 run lead. Why Suarez? Why wouldn't they wait for Dietrich if they wanted to retaliate? WHY WOULDN'T THEY HAVE JUST THROWN AT SOMEBODY YESTERDAY? It doesn't matter because no matter when the next time a Pirates pitcher hit a Red was going to be, it was going to be taken as retaliation.Danny Graves said he thought it was intentional. Good enough for me. And Marty quoted Larry Bowa saying the way to put an end to the vicious cycle is by hitting the other team's best player rather than the obvious offender.

Tracy Jones
05-29-2019, 07:38 PM

RedTeamGo!
05-29-2019, 07:39 PM
Obviously intentional. They hit Suarez in almost the exact same place and same situation last year.

Hurdle and the Pirates are awful.

Burger Beer
05-29-2019, 07:40 PM
Danny Graves said he thought it was intentional. Good enough for me. And Marty quoted Larry Bowa saying the way to put an end to the vicious cycle is by hitting the other team's next player rather than the obvious offender.

That's the thing; Dietrich will probably not get hit. And the next player didn't get hit. They're gunning for the best player. Josh Bell must be in play for the Reds to end this silliness.

RedTeamGo!
05-29-2019, 07:43 PM
That's the thing; Dietrich will probably not get hit. And the next player didn't get hit. They're gunning for the best player. Josh Bell must be in play for the Reds to end this silliness.

I think that was a typo and Norm meant “best”

Tracy Jones
05-29-2019, 07:45 PM
Well yeah he can be a candidate for the bench. But you need someone better than him for that to happen too. It won't be Peraza. It COULD be Dietrich if he continues hitting like this seeing as how he likely won't be much if any better defensively in LF.

It could be just about anyone at the moment, considering Winker is currently a replacement level player for his career.

Burger Beer
05-29-2019, 07:52 PM
I think that was a typo and Norm meant “best”

Then I agree with Norm, Danny Graves, Marty, and Larry Bowa. Throw a heater at Josh Bell's head.

RedTeamGo!
05-29-2019, 07:55 PM
Then I agree with Norm, Danny Graves, Marty, and Larry Bowa. Throw a heater at Josh Bell's head.

And Josh Bell did what exactly to deserve possibly being killed?

Fil3232
05-29-2019, 07:58 PM
I’ve thought for a few weeks this Reds team could use a good old team melee. They need a spark to bust out. Maybe this will be a catalyst.

Burger Beer
05-29-2019, 08:02 PM
And Josh Bell did what exactly to deserve possibly being killed?

Nothing.

What did Suarez deserve?

RedTeamGo!
05-29-2019, 08:04 PM
Nothing.

What did Suarez deserve?

Nothing. Why are we emulating the scumbag pirates?

TheTimeIsNow
05-29-2019, 08:05 PM
The Pirates retaliate (which I dont agree with either) and you guys say the Pirates are scum, awful, pure trash, garbage, etc....But then you want the Reds to retaliate, even saying that Bell should be hit in the head. What’s the difference? I truly just do not understand. Why is it okay for one team to retaliate but not for the other? Doesn’t that just make you as bad as the Pirates?

WestTNRed
05-29-2019, 08:06 PM
Nothing. Why are we emulating the scumbag pirates?

It goes back to what Bell said, if the league and umps won't do anything than the team has to take matters into their own hands. The next time we play the Pirates Bell needs to wear a 95 MPH fastball in the ribs.

TheTimeIsNow
05-29-2019, 08:12 PM
It goes back to what Bell said, if the league and umps won't do anything than the team has to take matters into their own hands. The next time we play the Pirates Bell needs to wear a 95 MPH fastball in the ribs.

Doesn’t that just lead to the Pirates retaliating. And then that leads to the Reds retaliating? Where does it end?

RedTeamGo!
The Pirates retaliate (which I dont agree with either) and you guys say the Pirates are scum, awful, pure trash, garbage, etc....But then you want the Reds to retaliate, even saying that Bell should be hit in the head. What’s the difference? I truly just do not understand. Why is it okay for one team to retaliate but not for the other? Doesn’t that just make you as bad as the Pirates?

I didn’t know one poster represents all of Reds fandom. TIL.

What exactly were the pirates retaliating from? A player staring at a home run? What a bunch of babies.

With that said, if this were a what came first, the chicken or the egg question, the answer would be Clint Hurdle.

He’s been doing this trash for his entire career. He’s a garbage person. He injured Suarez last year in almost the exact same circumstances.

And with that said, how about you take your trolling to pirateszone and discuss how the pirates are actually the good guys and all these HBPs over Hurdles....::checks card:: decades as a manager is all coincidental and totally not intentional?

Fil3232

It’s a classic prisoners dilemma situation. Game theory suggests both teams will end up being bad actors because they can’t trust the other not to. With today, from the Reds perspective, that is reinforced. So we’ll end up in quadrant 4. The Pirates kind of blew it here with the HBP today. Could’ve let things be and ended in quadrant 1, which is optimal for both.

Burger Beer
05-29-2019, 08:13 PM
You may choose to take the high road.

But you will be victimized for your perceived weakness.

RedTeamGo!
05-29-2019, 08:13 PM
Doesn’t that just lead to the Pirates retaliating. And then that leads to the Reds retaliating? Where does it end?

It’s funny because hurdle will continue doing this trash forever even if no one hits his players. But somehow he gets a pass by pirates fans.

TheTimeIsNow
05-29-2019, 08:17 PM
I didn’t know one poster represents all of Reds fandom. TIL.

With that said, if this were a what came first, the chicken or the egg question, the answer would be Clint Hurdle.

He’s been doing this trash for his entire career. He’s a garbage person. He injured Suarez last year in almost the exact same circumstances.

And with that said, how about you take your trolling to pirateszone and discuss how the pirates are actually the good guys and all these HBPs over Hurdles....::checks card:: decades as a manager is all coincidental and totally not intentional?

i’m not trolling and have NOT ONCE said that the Pirates were the good guys in this situation. In fact, I’m trying to play peacemaker here (and obviously I’m failing). I just don’t understand one thing.

This whole series after EVERY SINGLE TIME a Pirates player was hit, you guys immediately say “oh boy. I bet Hurdle will hit somebody now.” But the second a Reds player gets hit, you call for a Pirates player to be hit. Maybe you guys are just Clint Hurdle in disguise??

NebraskaRed
05-29-2019, 08:17 PM
Jon Moscot

Verified account

@JonnyMoscot

You don’t “just miss” up and in and drill a guy with a down and away fastball in the Major Leagues. Figure it out

Former Red Jon Moscot weighs in.

RedTeamGo!
05-29-2019, 08:21 PM
i’m not trolling and have NOT ONCE said that the Pirates were the good guys in this situation. In fact, I’m trying to play peacemaker here (and obviously I’m failing). I just don’t understand one thing.

This whole series after EVERY SINGLE TIME a Pirates player was hit, you guys immediately say “oh boy. I bet Hurdle will hit somebody now.” But the second a Reds player gets hit, you call for a Pirates player to be hit. Maybe you guys are just Clint Hurdle in disguise??

Please point to the specific post where I said the reds should hit a player.

I’ll wait.

TheTimeIsNow
05-29-2019, 08:23 PM
Please point to the specific post where I said the reds should hit a player.

I’ll wait.

You’re right. I apologize for singling you out. I was talking about the mass of others that called for it. I was thinking of you guys as a whole instead of having a conversation with just you. That was my mistake.

Tony Cloninger
05-29-2019, 08:24 PM
This was a genuine question, btw. I really want to know what reaction I was supposed to have.

I’m as mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!!

RiverRat13
05-29-2019, 08:25 PM
It’s funny because hurdle will continue doing this trash forever even if no one hits his players. But somehow he gets a pass by pirates fans.

This kind of thinking seems strangely familiar to what Bengals fans say in the fall. But then we’re called homers and babies by the non-Bengals fans on here.

Burger Beer
05-29-2019, 08:26 PM
You’re right. I apologize for singling you out. I was talking about the mass of others that called for it. I was thinking of you guys as a whole instead of having a conversation with just you. That was my mistake.

Maybe it was me.

Josh Bell needs to be drilled.

Screw Pittsburgh.

Tracy Jones
05-29-2019, 08:27 PM
This kind of thinking seems strangely familiar to what Bengals fans say in the fall. But then we’re called homers and babies by the non-Bengals fans on here.

Not throwing trash at injured players being carted off the field might help

Norm Chortleton
05-29-2019, 08:39 PM
I think that was a typo and Norm meant “best”It was and is now fixed

Rantly
05-29-2019, 09:16 PM

They waited until getaway day to retaliate obviously. I’ve enjoyed your contributions the last year or two but sounds like you have changed in tone all of the sudden.

RedTeamGo!
05-29-2019, 09:29 PM
They waited until getaway day to retaliate obviously. I’ve enjoyed your contributions the last year or two but sounds like you have changed in tone all of the sudden.

Not only that, but they waited until the getaway game was out of reach. Anyone that doesn’t think that was intentional is either delusional or stupid.

North
05-29-2019, 09:42 PM
Pittsburgh is pure trash.

The irony drips...

"The Art Rooney Award is given annually by the National Football League (NFL) in recognition of outstanding sportsmanship on the playing field. Established in 2015, the award is named in honor of Art Rooney, the founding owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers and a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Rooney_Award

TheTimeIsNow
05-29-2019, 09:46 PM
Not only that, but they waited until the getaway game was out of reach. Anyone that doesn’t think that was intentional is either delusional or stupid.

I’m not gonna lie, I didn’t even think about the getaway game aspect of it. Somebody on here mentioned that Clay Holmes looked like he was ordered to do it. He did have a “hey man, I’m sorry. I didn’t want to do it.” look on his face. Especially since he sucks. Can’t imagine he wanted to put a baserunner on since he is pitching for his job. Its sad to think that Hurdle put him in that situation. I kind of feel bad for Holmes. I dislike Hurdle almost as much as you guys. His tough guy act has always bothered me.

NebraskaRed
05-29-2019, 10:10 PM
I’m not gonna lie, I didn’t even think about the getaway game aspect of it. Somebody on here mentioned that Clay Holmes looked like he was ordered to do it. He did have a “hey man, I’m sorry. I didn’t want to do it.” look on his face. Especially since he sucks. Can’t imagine he wanted to put a baserunner on since he is pitching for his job. Its sad to think that Hurdle put him in that situation. I kind of feel bad for Holmes. I dislike Hurdle almost as much as you guys. His tough guy act has always bothered me.

for the record, I appreciate your insight as a Pirates fan. From what I've seen, you've always been friendly and good-natured.

Alabama
05-29-2019, 10:52 PM
Well if this team is allergic to 500 I at least want to see an all out brawl or two. Get some value out of Puig at least.

Fil3232
05-29-2019, 10:56 PM
I think I’m most upset about Holmes (and Diaz the catcher) denying they threw intentionally to Suarez’s face. If you’re going to do it, own it. Weak.

Kingspoint
05-30-2019, 12:04 AM
The irony drips...

"The Art Rooney Award is given annually by the National Football League (NFL) in recognition of outstanding sportsmanship on the playing field. Established in 2015, the award is named in honor of Art Rooney, the founding owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers and a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Rooney_Award

Now, there's an oxymoron if ever there was...sportsmanship award named after a Steeler.

RiverfrontRed
05-30-2019, 12:38 AM
Now, there's an oxymoron if ever there was...sportsmanship award named after a Steeler.

Yeah the Bengals are all class.

mth123
05-30-2019, 06:32 AM

I didn't see the game, so I don't know much, but given the situation and timing, I kind of agree that it seems unlikely to be intentional. The problem is that the Pirates led the world in hit batters for several years since Hurdle arrived. The Reds have lost multiple players to Pirate's pitches over the years. Brandon Phillips was sidelined or played through injury a couple of times due to Pirate pitches and Suarez was sidelined last year just off the top of my head. Dietrich was hit after a HR earlier this year. I just don't think the Pirates will get the benefit of the doubt as long as Hurdle is around. He's made his bed with his past shenanigans and now he needs to lie in it.