8. Jose Garcia (R) SS
9. Tucker Barnhart (L) C
SP Sonny Gray (R)

Brewers

SP Adrian Houser (R)
I will post the Brewers lineup when it becomes available

DocRed
08-26-2020, 04:42 PM
Wow...Votto to the bench against a RHP. When was the last time that happened? 2007 maybe?

RedTeamGo!
08-26-2020, 04:42 PM
Garcia yessssssssssss LETS GO.

Stephenson and Aquino should be starting tonight as well, but baby steps.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow...Votto to the bench.

Probably a day off

ochoa30
08-26-2020, 04:44 PM
Man, I’m excited to see Garcia play. This team lacks any kind of youthful exuberance. Ty Steve should be up soon as well I’d hope and when Senzel gets back they actually have some speed and athleticism. If you’re gonna lose anyways at least let the kids play. Hope he can bring a spark but either way it’s time for big change.

DocRed
08-26-2020, 04:45 PM
Honestly this is the type of move that can spark this team especially if Garcia has a good game.

NebraskaRed
08-26-2020, 04:45 PM
Just because I was curious to see how different this lineup is from a year ago...

On August 26th 2019, the Reds beat the Marlins 6-3.

Sonny Gray started.

Votto was out (IL? I don't remember). Dietrich was at 1B.

Aquino in right field, Van Meter in left, Senzel at center.

Edd Roush
08-26-2020, 04:51 PM
I wonder what the odds are that the Brewers boycott tonight after the Bucks actions earlier today. I am trying to tone down my enthusiasm for a Garcia debut with this in mind.

NebraskaRed
08-26-2020, 04:51 PM
I wonder what the odds are that the Brewers boycott tonight after the Bucks actions earlier today. I am trying to tone down my enthusiasm for a Garcia debut with this in mind.

Tom
@Haudricourt

Josh Hader on Bucks boycott: "I think it's a tremendous stand. This is more about sports." Says can't say yes or no on #Brewers boycott. "I'm sure it's something we are going to discuss."

Kc61
08-26-2020, 04:52 PM
I hope they call up Stephenson and Aquino too, although Aquino doesn’t seem in team’s favor.

Definitely need some youth, athleticism, and speed.

redsfan30
08-26-2020, 04:54 PM
Pretty unlikely this game gets played, in my view. The Brewers will boycott.

DocRed
08-26-2020, 04:55 PM

If they do it unilaterally without talking to the Reds and MLB then they should forfeit the game.

RedTeamGo!
08-26-2020, 04:55 PM
That’s a bummer, but good for them.

.......would it count as a win for the Reds?

Ron Madden
08-26-2020, 04:56 PM
C. トレント・ローズクランズ
@ctrent
Wade Miley said every time he sees Jose Garcia he "gets flashbacks" of Xander Bogaerts

Rolando
08-26-2020, 04:59 PM
That’s a bummer, but good for them.

.......would it count as a win for the Reds?

It should I would hope it would count as a forfeit

DocRed
08-26-2020, 05:11 PM
Brewers meeting shortly to discuss the status of the game per Brewers beat writer

https://twitter.com/AdamMcCalvy/status/1298729308295516161

NebraskaRed
08-26-2020, 05:12 PM
I bet it'll be postponed.

DocRed
08-26-2020, 05:13 PM
I bet it'll be postponed.

I'm OK with it as long as they forfeit it although I was jacked to see Garcia tonight.

REDREAD
08-26-2020, 05:25 PM
I hope we have baseball tonight.
If the Brewers don't show up, it should be a forfeit, I agree.
I am not taking a side on the issue either way, but MLB can't just allow this to happen without a forfeit.
It just sets a precedent for the players to do this all the time, and they will if there's no consequences.
It's not fair to the Reds to make them play a double header if it's not a forfeit.
It's also not fair to the pennant race if the game is just eliminated. I will just leave it at that. No comment on the issue
they are trying to raise awareness to.

If the Brewer's club still wants to pay them for the forfeit, that's ok.

Reds Freak
08-26-2020, 05:33 PM
I hope we have baseball tonight.
If the Brewers don't show up, it should be a forfeit, I agree.
I am not taking a side on the issue either way, but MLB can't just allow this to happen without a forfeit.
It just sets a precedent for the players to do this all the time, and they will if there's no consequences.
It's not fair to the Reds to make them play a double header if it's not a forfeit.
It's also not fair to the pennant race if the game is just eliminated. I will just leave it at that. No comment on the issue
they are trying to raise awareness to.

If the Brewer's club still wants to pay them for the forfeit, that's ok.

I saw on Twitter that the Magic didn't accept the Bucks' forfeit so the game turned into suspended status. I wonder if the Reds would have to make that decision.

Kc61
08-26-2020, 05:34 PM
Bell apparently said Garcia will be a regular starter. Galvis will be a super sub around the infield.

If Jose is up, by all means play him, sitting does him no good.

Boston Red
There's zero chance the MLB makes the Brewers forfeit. ZERO. Even Manfred isn't that stupid.

I wish they would, though, because the Reds could really use an easy win!

- - - Updated - - -

There's anybody else find this ironic that Josh hader is the one who said this? With all he's done in his shady past

Did Hader do anything more than make some bad social media posts in high school? I thought that was the whole story with him.

Rolando
There's anybody else find this ironic that Josh hader is the one who said this? With all he's done in his shady past

NebraskaRed
08-26-2020, 05:35 PM
Craig Calcaterra
@craigcalcaterra
If the Brewers do decide not to play, the big question is what the Reds do. Do they also make a statement that they are sitting out in solidarity or do they accept/demand a forfeit, thereby undercutting what the Brewers do?

Yeah, MLB would step in and postpone it.

Kc61
08-26-2020, 05:36 PM
I'm OK with it as long as they forfeit it although I was jacked to see Garcia tonight.

You expect Reds to accept a forfeit made for this reason?

Just curious.

DocRed
08-26-2020, 05:37 PM
Daily pregame Zoom session with #Brewers manager Craig Counsell has been pushed back an hour per another Brewers beat writer. I don't think the game gets played and probably forces the Reds into the unfair position of whether to accept the forfeit.

https://twitter.com/Haudricourt/status/1298732078331318272

DocRed
08-26-2020, 05:38 PM

Just curious.

It's an unfair position to put them in for sure without discussing it with them before hand as I said above.

Phoenix2
08-26-2020, 05:39 PM
Please postpone! Reds are terrible right now and could use a time out. Like their chances a lot better later in a makeup game.

Reds Freak
08-26-2020, 05:41 PM
It's an unfair position to put them in for sure without discussing it with them before hand as I said above.

I imagine the Reds are involved in the conversation.

Kc61
08-26-2020, 05:43 PM

Doesn’t answer my question.

Coopdaddy67
08-26-2020, 05:43 PM
I can't see MLB forcing a forfeit, it would create a major headache.

Regardless, it should be the Reds' decision on whether or not to allow a doubleheader tomorrow. With a doubleheader already set for Saturday, it just creates more roster issues that they should have time to adjust to.

DocRed
08-26-2020, 05:44 PM
Doesn’t answer my question.

Ask the Reds, I've already given my opinion on the matter.

Rolando
08-26-2020, 05:46 PM

Just curious.

Why shouldn't the reds accept a forfeit if the Brewers refuse to play. If it's up to me I hope they play tonight play win or lose the game on the field

REDREAD
08-26-2020, 05:46 PM
I saw on Twitter that the Magic didn't accept the Bucks' forfeit so the game turned into suspended status. I wonder if the Reds would have to make that decision.

In this situation, the commissioner needs to step in and say "you didn't show up, it's a forfeit".
Why should it be up to the opposing team?
Again, I am not debating what they are protesting, but it's their job to show up and play the game.
As soon as you let the players arbitrarily decide when they are going to show up and when they aren't, and there's no consequences, then the sport is just out of control.

JFLegal
08-26-2020, 05:48 PM
if they postpone this game, that will be the last straw for me.

NebraskaRed
08-26-2020, 05:49 PM
if they postpone this game, that will be the last straw for me.

I mean it's your call, but that's what would finally do it for you?

Rolando
08-26-2020, 05:49 PM
In this situation, the commissioner needs to step in and say "you didn't show up, it's a forfeit".
Again, I am not debating what they are protesting, but it's their job to show up and play the game.
As soon as you let the players arbitrarily decide when they are going to show up and when they aren't, and there's no consequences, then the sport is just out of control.
This is 100% facts. If the Brewers want to make a statement that's their business but there has to be consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean it's your call, but that's what would finally do it for you?

Can't say I disagree with him because now there's no structured to the game

Boston Red
08-26-2020, 05:50 PM
This is 100% facts. If the Brewers want to make a statement that's their business but there has to be consequences.

I don't think that's true. Whatever statement is being made, the Reds (and MLB) aren't going to contradict it by having there be "consequences".

DocRed
08-26-2020, 05:51 PM
Another thing to consider is it further puts the safety of players at risk with Covid making them potentially playing another day and travel when they are already in town. It would also be incredibly unfair to make the reds play a DH tomorrow when they already have one on Saturday vs the Cubs. Which could give the Brewers an out as to why they didn't postpone it.

Brewers have zero DH scheduled in the near future that I can see. So it clearly favors the Brewers.

Boston Red
08-26-2020, 05:52 PM
Can't say I disagree with him because now there's no structured to the game

There's zero structure to this season anyway with random COVID cancellations. This doesn't feel any different (to me).

Reds Freak
08-26-2020, 05:52 PM

I don't think it's a good look for MLB, a sport with declining Black participation, to be hardasses about this in the current climate especially with how the NBA has handled it so far. This season has been out of control from the start so I don't know if that's a factor.

Rolando
08-26-2020, 05:53 PM
Another thing to consider is it further puts the safety of players at risk with Covid making them potentially playing another day and travel when they are already in town. It would also be incredibly unfair to make the reds play a DH tomorrow when they already have one on Saturday vs the Cubs.
Well there's a doubleheader they got to make it up the last week of the season in Cincinnati. The way I look at it by then I really be excited for the double-header or I won't care LOL

NebraskaRed
08-26-2020, 05:53 PM
no, that does not bother me. a former navy seal is the one who suggested kneeling if you are not going to stand. i do not believe people who kneel for the anthem are anti-military or anti-american. feels like you are trying to bait me, but there you go, husker.

No, I was just trying to understand how protesting one game would be the final straw for you.

REDREAD
08-26-2020, 05:55 PM
I don't think it's a good look for MLB, a sport with declining Black participation, to be hardasses about this in the current climate especially with how the NBA has handled it so far. This season has been out of control from the start so I don't know if that's a factor.

I disagree. If the Brewers are forced to take a loss for this forfeit, it makes the "boycott" seem more noble. They are willing to give the Reds a game in the standings to make their point.
If there's no consequences for their actions, it's an empty gesture, other than annoying most of the fans.

Reds Freak
08-26-2020, 05:57 PM
I disagree. If the Brewers are forced to take a loss for this forfeit, it makes the "boycott" seem more noble. They are willing to give the Reds a game in the standings to make their point.
If there's no consequences for their actions, it's an empty gesture, other than annoying most of the fans.

Good point about the boycott seeming more noble. I hadn't thought of that. I still think MLB and the Reds will feel its in their best interest to be in solidarity.

Rolando
I wish I could explain my point as well as you do. You hit the nail on the head did the Brewers give up a game to a forfeit got shows they are putting the cause before the game. If it's just postponed what point did they prove

NebraskaRed
i explained why.

Ok, I'm not sure why you think it's a "faux-protest" but you seem uninterested in answering any more of my questions.

Tom Servo
08-26-2020, 06:01 PM
Brewers aren’t playing; it’s official

Boston Red
08-26-2020, 06:03 PM

Well, I'd say that sucks, but having watched a lot of Reds baseball lately, it's actually a relief.

Reds Freak
08-26-2020, 06:04 PM

Reds agree not to play as well so no forfeit.

Coopdaddy67
08-26-2020, 06:04 PM
The Reds agreed to sit out to avoid a forfeit situation, but it's not like they had a choice in the matter.

As an organization, it's your only move.

Phoenix2
08-26-2020, 06:08 PM
Oh man, I hope there's consequences to this.
Otherwise, what happens next year, when 35000 fans show up to a game, many who have driven a few hours, then one team decides to boycott. I think that will alienate more fans than it brings in.

edit, if it was up to me, both the Reds and Brewers would be given a loss.

Totally agree with Redread's opinions in this thread!

Coopdaddy67
08-26-2020, 06:10 PM
Oh man, I hope there's consequences to this.
Otherwise, what happens next year, when 35000 fans show up to a game, many who have driven a few hours, then one team decides to boycott. I think that will alienate more fans than it brings in.

The lack of fans created a perfect storm, because you're not impacting people financially right now. If a team does this next year, ownership would lose their minds and come down hard.

DocRed
08-26-2020, 06:13 PM
They better not make us play a DH tomorrow..

Reds Freak
08-26-2020, 06:15 PM
Word is that talk of boycotting is spreading around the league, especially in Seattle who has the most Black players of any team.

Rolando
08-26-2020, 06:26 PM
I hope the reds win their next game whenever that might be

NebraskaRed
08-26-2020, 06:52 PM
Tom
@Haudricourt
·
2m
#Brewers union rep Brent Suter on decision not to play game tonight: "Our team and the Reds felt that with our community and our nation in such pain, tonight we wanted 100% of the focus to be on issues that are much more important than baseball."

Reds
08-26-2020, 06:57 PM
It's all good. I'll be here when they decide to take the field again. Have a good night everyone.

Boss-Hog
08-26-2020, 07:11 PM
For this conversation to continue, it needs to be in the opt-in politics area. I've moved some of the posts out of this thread and into a new thread in that area. Instructions for requesting access can be found at:

https://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?97217-Rules-for-the-Politics-and-Religion-Talk-Sub-Forum-and-How-to-Request-Access