PDA

View Full Version : 9-2-20 Reds vs Cardinals

Pages : 1 [2]

Strikes Out Looking
09-02-2020, 10:40 PM
Wow, look what happens when you swing at a close pitch with 2 strikes.

Tom Servo
Are we really supposed to get excited over a measly 4-3 walk off over the cards? After being completely EMBARRASSED by the rest of MLB past 3 weeks? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkQ5oARNxLU

TexasRedsFan
Are we really supposed to get excited over a measly 4-3 walk off over the cards? After being completely EMBARRASSED by the rest of MLB past 3 weeks? lol

Some of us can still enjoy a win even if playoffs may be out of the picture.

kaldaniels

Say whatever you want to this guy fellas. I won’t report you.

EnglishRed
Well I'm glad i got the last few innings of that one!!!

Indymoon
09-02-2020, 10:41 PM
Votto needs to take that approach more - he was up there to hit. And did!

Patrick Bateman
09-02-2020, 10:41 PM

Lol. Have a beer and enjoy the moment. The next loss is around the corner and we can deal with those emotions then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Cloninger
09-02-2020, 10:42 PM
Great to see Mahle pitching good. One of these Reds developed starters have to come through. Eventually

PuffyPig

Yes.

And if this win doesn’t excite you, I feel very sorry for you.

Why are you even watching, other than to complain when they lose?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wally post
post game interview with Joey saying (as I remember) "we're going to take it down the end of the earth. And later, "we don't speak like that in the clubhouse. We're just going to do it." Makes me feel promise.

Alabama Red
09-02-2020, 10:43 PM
It’s all we’ve got so yes.

adkindo
09-02-2020, 10:43 PM
that interview is as loose s I have seen Votto in a while

Tony Cloninger
09-02-2020, 10:44 PM

You’re getting a bit fanatical about this.

texasdave
09-02-2020, 10:45 PM
Huge win. That shot by Barnhart may have saved the season.

Ron Madden
09-02-2020, 10:46 PM
That would be automatic ban from raisorzone

PuffyPig
09-02-2020, 10:46 PM
Some of us can still enjoy a win even if playoffs may be out of the picture.

We are only 2 games out of a wild card, 2.5 games behind second.

PuffyPig
09-02-2020, 10:47 PM
Votto needs to take that approach more - he was up there to hit. And did!

Well, Votto was thrown strikes, he really had no choice.

Ironman92
09-02-2020, 10:49 PM
That one was for you Tom.

goreds2
09-02-2020, 10:49 PM
Can’t go on a 10 game winning streak until you win the first one.

PuffyPig
09-02-2020, 10:51 PM

This may be the saddest excuse of a post I have ever seen.

I don’t think even FCB has ever stooped this low.

He at least pretends to like the Reds.

Ron Madden
09-02-2020, 10:53 PM
Box Score

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/cardinals-vs-reds/2020/09/02/631587#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab= box,game=631587

adkindo
09-02-2020, 10:54 PM
We are only 2 games out of a wild card, 2.5 games behind second.

it is funny how quickly we rise from the dead after a win......yesterday it was all about 2021, and tonight there is a chance!

RedlegsFanatic
09-02-2020, 10:55 PM
Hopefully the COVID-19 is gone during the off-season. That way the Reds can send David bell to the Rays’ annual baseball camp. I’m just not sure if Reds ownership will pony up the $100 for registration. I sure hope so.

Indymoon
09-02-2020, 10:55 PM
Well, Votto was thrown strikes, he really had no choice.

First pitch was clearly low and a ball and the ball he hit might have been a ball. EDIT-ball hit was in fact a strike.

fondfoat
09-02-2020, 10:57 PM

Yeah, we should all post how pathetic the Reds are after sitting through a game that they actually win instead of enjoying a decent game.

Also, good job Tyler Mahle, Tucker, and Iggy!

RedlegsFanatic
it is funny how quickly we rise from the dead after a win......yesterday it was all about 2021, and tonight there is a chance!

As long as David bell is calling the shots, there is actually no chance.
He not Bryan price, but close.

kaldaniels
Now on to Pittsburgh for 4...

Makes me long for the 2010ish days when the Reds just thrashed the Bucs and Astros on a regular basis.

RedlegsFanatic
09-02-2020, 10:58 PM
Yeah, we should all post how pathetic the Reds are after sitting through a game that they actually win instead of enjoying a decent game.

Also, good job Tyler Mahle.

I’ve sat thru about 15 they have found new ways of giving away.
No chance we are close to being even.

fondfoat
09-02-2020, 11:02 PM
No chance we are close to being even.

Well, find something more enjoyable to do :)

Ron Madden
09-02-2020, 11:03 PM

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Boss banned your butt

Rantly
09-02-2020, 11:10 PM

What a “masked profanity”

PuffyPig
09-02-2020, 11:46 PM
First pitch was clearly low and a ball and the ball he hit might have been a ball. EDIT-ball hit was in fact a strike.

First two pitches we’re strikes.

Edit. I just rewatched the AB, the first pitch was low, and out of the strike zone , but the 2nd and 3rd pitches were clearly strikes.

WVRedsFan
09-03-2020, 12:08 AM
That would be automatic ban from raisorzoneWhere is PHIL?

Umkubas
09-03-2020, 12:10 AM
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Umkubas
09-03-2020, 07:33 AM
I was at Riverfont. We drove home after the game. What conversation we had. Celebrated with Royal Amber. Finally saw the game earlier this year.

PuffyPig
09-03-2020, 10:02 AM
After Tuesday butt kicking, this was one of the more satisfying wins in some time, certainly the most satisfying this year.

Great to see Votto with the walk off and how excited he was.

If you can't appreciate this win for what it was, it might be time for you to take a break from Reds baseball. Because what more could you have expected from this game from a Red's perspective? Great comeback win against their arch rivals which keeps them firmly in the playoff chase.

CaiGuy
09-03-2020, 10:20 AM
After Tuesday butt kicking, this was one of the more satisfying wins in some time, certainly the most satisfying this year.

Great to see Votto with the walk off and how excited he was.

If you can't appreciate this win for what it was, it might be time for you to take a break from Reds baseball. Because what more could you have expected from this game from a Red's perspective? Great comeback win against their arch rivals which keeps them firmly in the playoff chase.

Yeah, many of us are here to discuss and enjoy baseball. We don't claim that the Reds are great or constantly talk up that the Reds are a great org (we're under no illusions after n years of consistently bad baseball that has not yet turned around) but we are still fans of the game and fans of (some) of the players and enjoy watching and discussing baseball and rooting for these guys.

We don't get overly excited over small sample sizes and don't get overly worked up about isolated failures or each loss. We're OK with calling out a player for looking bad in an AB, but that alone doesn't make him terrible. We also enjoy it when a guy succeeds, though that doesn't necessarily make him a great player moving forward. It's ok to say that they team stinks, or is playing bad, but life goes on.

Some just come here to rant, vent, complain, and troll.

Good game, fun win. That's what it's all about

Kingspoint
09-03-2020, 04:03 PM
Great to see Mahle pitching good. One of these Reds developed starters have to come through. Eventually

His struggles with control when his mistakes end up over the middle of the plate will improve itself. He clearly shows he cares about it. Patience. What's most impressive about Mahle this year is his pitching after the 75-pitch mark. Second, is his shortening his pitch count per PA to batters.

Kingspoint
09-03-2020, 04:05 PM
Huge win. That shot by Barnhart may have saved the season.

Before the pitch, I was saying to myself, "Tucker, you've got to look for fastball down the middle here, and if it's there, drive it". And, he did.

mth123
09-03-2020, 08:46 PM
Before the pitch, I was saying to myself, "Tucker, you've got to look for fastball down the middle here, and if it's there, drive it". And, he did.

Why didn't you tell him a month ago? It might be a different season.