4. Kyle Lewis (R) CF
5. Evan White (R) 1B
6. Tom Murphy (R) C
7. Sam Haggerty (S) SS
8. Julio Rodriguez (R) LF
9. Donovan Walton (L) 2B
SP Nick Margevicius (L)

03-12-2021, 04:54 PM
Good to see Castillo make his spring debut. After this, we will have seen all the members and potential members of the rotation.

Ron Madden
03-12-2021, 05:02 PM
MLB Network will be airing tonight's game on tape delay

JaxRed
03-12-2021, 05:40 PM
For those of you on good old DirecTV if you have the SportsPak they are on live on Channel 687 at 8;30 ET

BCubb2003
03-12-2021, 08:07 PM
How can there possibly be a ballplayer named Margevicius? It’s like the Simpsons joined the Marvel universe.

Ron Madden
03-12-2021, 08:14 PM
Charlie Goldsmith
@CharlieG__
It‘s been pouring today in Arizona, and they just put the tarp on here in Peoria.

I’ve been told that in Cactus League games, before the first pitch, it’s up to the managers whether or not they start the game.The umps don’t make the call until after first pitch.

Good news: They’re rolling up the tarp, and a Mariners pitcher just started warming up in the outfield.
It looks like the game will start on time.

Ron Madden
03-12-2021, 09:07 PM
India leads off the 2nd inning with a single
Farmer singles to LF India to 3B
Stephenson grounds into a FO India scores
Aquino fly out
Blandino fly out

Reds lead 1-0 middle of the 2nd inning

NebraskaRed
03-12-2021, 09:08 PM
India leads off the 2nd inning with a single
Farmer singles to LF India to 3B
Stephenson grounds into a FC India scores
Aquino fly out
Blandino fly out

Reds lead 1-0 middle of the 2nd inning

That was like watching a glimpse of the future

NebraskaRed
03-12-2021, 09:09 PM
Mariners announcers saying that Castillo looks like he's ready to start the season

Ron Madden
03-12-2021, 09:14 PM
I'm listening on radio. I can't keep up enough to do PBP because Cowboy was talking too much. LOL

NebraskaRed
03-12-2021, 09:18 PM
Senzel singled. Winker got on base due to an error (I think?)

NebraskaRed
03-12-2021, 09:22 PM
Winker scores on a double by India who is looking really impressive.

NebraskaRed
03-12-2021, 09:23 PM
Castillo's day is done. No hits, 1 walk in 2 innings.

Red Raindog
03-12-2021, 09:28 PM
Brandon looks like a Wicked Finnegan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NebraskaRed
03-12-2021, 09:30 PM
Quick 1-2-3 for Finnegan. Very interesting.

UPRedsFan
03-12-2021, 09:33 PM
Quick 1-2-3 for Finnegan. Very interesting.

Super interesting! Breaking balls for strikes and overpowering them with a fastball. This could be a very good bullpen if he can do that.

Meanwhile, hope the chattering group moves away from the radio booth microphone!

Ron Madden
03-12-2021, 09:38 PM
Haha run and hit worked big time

UPRedsFan
There goes our starting SS again. Line drive to the gap in right field, driving in a run.

NebraskaRed
The Kids are Alright

Reds lead 3-0

Mitri
03-12-2021, 09:39 PM
Really nice AB by Blandino against a tough RHP.

I don't see how they can ask Blandino to go back to play in the minors again.

NebraskaRed
03-12-2021, 09:41 PM
Some foul language going over the air

Mitri
03-12-2021, 09:44 PM
There goes our starting SS again. Line drive to the gap in right field, driving in a run.

I am 100% on board with him over Farmer and have been for well over a year. I honestly have no idea what they think Farmer is better at than Blandy other than backup catcher.

Ron Madden
03-12-2021, 09:44 PM
I believe Blandino makes the club as a utility player. David Bell said before the game that they want India to play every day when he gets called up

NebraskaRed
03-12-2021, 09:48 PM
Another quick 1-2-3 for the Finnster

Ron Madden
03-12-2021, 09:48 PM
6 up 6 down for Finnegan

HammerTime
03-12-2021, 09:50 PM
Good for Finnegan. I hope he makes it back this year. He’s certainly making a case for it.

kaldaniels
03-12-2021, 10:03 PM
3 big pedigree guys looking real good so far...

India, DeLeon and Finnegan

Odds say it’s probably mirages but gosh, if one or two of them broke out it would be huge. (I’d concede at this point the ceiling for a Finnegan is a high end reliever...so I’d rather one of the others busts out)

Mitri
03-12-2021, 10:06 PM
Cionel looks like the pickup of the offseason to me.

UPRedsFan
03-12-2021, 10:21 PM
David Bell said before the game that they want India to play every day when he gets called up

Well can he learn to play short at AAA? Where else will he play everyday until Votto's done.

Ron Madden
03-12-2021, 10:25 PM
Well can he learn to play short at AAA? Where else will he play everyday until Votto's done.

2B with Moose @ 1B Joey @ DH next year?
I don't know

UPRedsFan
03-12-2021, 10:27 PM
2B with Moose @ 1B Joey @ DH next year?
I don't know

Yea, maybe that's it

JaxRed
03-12-2021, 11:30 PM
Cionel gets unlucky and gives up a run. Batter hits a ground ball to the second base area. No one gets it because of the shift. Runner takes a wide turn, and Senzel decides (wrongly) to throw behind him. As soon as he throws, runner takes off for second and makes it. He advances on a fly out and score on a bloop single. If Senzel had thrown to second he never would have advanced and never would have scored on the bloop.

JaxRed
03-12-2021, 11:36 PM
In the top of the 6th Farmer pops out. Stevenson hits a grounder past SS for a single. Aquino hits a soft one hopper to 1b, who steps on bag, but then nails Stevenson in the back with the throw. Stevenson to second. Blandino hits sharp comebacker to pitcher who can't handle it and it goes for infield single. Cuthbert K's to end inning.

JaxRed
03-12-2021, 11:48 PM
Bottom of 6. Warren in to pitch. Walks first hitter. Walks second hitter. Throws wild pitch to 3rd hitter and runners advance. K's third hitter. Throws wild pitch to 4th hitter and run scores. (not the greatest play by Stevenson)

Heilman makes a bad play in CF. Calls off the RF on a very shallow ball hit to RF, and is forced to do a 360 to stop his momentum and run scores. I'm not sure runner even tries if RF catches it.

Last hitter K's

3-3

JaxRed
03-12-2021, 11:53 PM
Top of 7th. Delmonico K's swinging. Heilman grounds out. Garcia pops out on 1st pitch.

JaxRed
03-12-2021, 11:55 PM
Top of 8th. Carle pitching. Walks first hitter. But picks him off. Then walks second hitter, hoping to pick him off. So instead he steals 2nd. Third hitter grounds out, runner to third. Next guy lines a single to put M's in front 4-3. Next guy grounds out.

JaxRed
03-13-2021, 12:06 AM
Top of 8th. Holder walks. Rain coming down. Crook criminally hits into DP. Raining pretty hard. Grullon walks. Payton doubles down the line and Grullon and his piano settle for 3rd. Alfrod walks. And Seattle rolls the inning.

JaxRed
03-13-2021, 12:11 AM
Bottom of 8th. Takahashi in. First guy flies out to RF. Walks the second guy. That's 5 walks by AAA relievers in the last 3 innings. Ground out ends the inning, so I missed an out somewhere.

And that's the ballgame.

Mitri
03-13-2021, 08:40 AM
Cionel gets unlucky and gives up a run. Batter hits a ground ball to the second base area. No one gets it because of the shift. Runner takes a wide turn, and Senzel decides (wrongly) to throw behind him. As soon as he throws, runner takes off for second and makes it. He advances on a fly out and score on a bloop single. If Senzel had thrown to second he never would have advanced and never would have scored on the bloop.

Cionel had a tough inning. Couldn’t locate much. The good news is he misses low and out and doesn’t allow bats to barrel much. He won’t be able to get away with that much in the bigs. His stuff is crazy good though. Reminds me a little of a lefty Castillo. Heater/offspeed mix is similar, walks occasionally will haunt.

Ron Madden
03-13-2021, 10:21 AM
Charlie Goldsmith
@CharlieG__
Alex Blandino and Brandon Finnegan have gone from first round picks to MLB regulars to minor leaguers in 2020.
In 2021, they've been two of the most productive players in Reds camp.

Ron Madden
03-13-2021, 12:17 PM
Bobby Nightengale, Cincinnati Enquirer
Cincinnati Reds impressed enough to invite Brandon Finnegan, Jonathan India to big-league camp

The Cincinnati Reds cut 11 players in their first round of roster cuts during spring training Friday, and they promoted left-handed pitcher Brandon Finnegan and infielder Jonathan India to big-league camp.

It's a sign that Finnegan and India are being seriously considered for roster spots. Finnegan has shown improved velocity this spring and pitched well in spring training games. India, one of the team's top prospects, impressed coaches at the alternate site last year and it's carried into camp.

"Those were fun conversations," Reds manager David Bell said. "You don't get to have those very often this time of the year. It's really just a reflection of what each guy has done. Definitely different situations, but I guess officially acknowledging that they belong here in Major League camp and that they're officially competing for a spot on the Major League team, which both have been even before this move."

"It's been quite a road for Finny," Bell said. "Certainly, not easy. It was fun to be able to communicate to him just how impressive it is that he's been able to stay with it and keep finding ways to get better. I'm sure many times along the way, we all face this, he could've given up or gone the other way. He did the exact opposite and put himself back into a situation where he's really on the brink of being back in the big leagues."

India, who plays second base and third base, was the No. 5 overall pick in the 2018 MLB Draft. He hasn't had a breakout year at minor-league levels, but the Reds were impressed with how consistent he was at the alternate site last year. India is probably an injury away from a big-league role because the Reds want him to play regularly.

"It just says so much about the difference a year makes in a young player's career," Bell said. "Not that he wasn't in a good place last year, but the development has been very significant over the last year to the point that he has a shot to make the team. If not, more importantly, he's in a position where we acknowledge that he's very close to contributing even if it's not Opening Day.

"I think we all see that he could add a lot to this

WrongVerb
03-13-2021, 05:17 PM

I think that was Heinemann in CF, not Senzel.