PDA

View Full Version : 6-2-21 Reds vs. Phillies POSTPONED

UKFlounder
06-02-2021, 10:43 AM
Due to weather

It will be made up at 6:40 on June 28

Apologies to Ron Madden, but this was my one chance to start a (sort of) game thread

:lol:

JFLegal
06-02-2021, 10:51 AM
i feel bad for the 40,000 who bought tix for RE-OPENING DAY.

*i'll be here all week. tip your server*

traderumor
06-02-2021, 11:07 AM
fitting for this season so far

DocRed
06-02-2021, 11:13 AM
LOL so much for Re-Opening day....figures.

On another note I wonder who starts tomorrow? Castillo or Vlad? I would guess Castillo

JFLegal
06-02-2021, 11:31 AM

On another note I wonder who starts tomorrow? Castillo or Vlad? I would guess Castillo

gotta go with your best pitcher.

so, vlad.

DocRed
06-02-2021, 11:40 AM
Probably for the best to be honest even though I was looking forward to this afternoons game. Should have Votto, Moose back in the lineup by then. Aquino should be ready too and maybe even Lorenzen. I think the Reds could have played this game but didn't want to. Clear skies after 6pm.....probably a smart move.

Ron Madden
06-02-2021, 06:10 PM

Since the Cincinnati Reds game on Wednesday against the Philadelphia Phillies was postponed due to rain, the Reds could have skipped Vladimir Gutierrez’s second MLB start and moved forward with their other four experienced starting pitchers.

Instead, Gutierrez will start the first game of an important series against the St. Louis Cardinals.

Gutierrez’s start was pushed back from Wednesday to Thursday’s game in St. Louis. He’ll be followed in the rotation by Luis Castillo, Tyler Mahle and Wade Miley.
Charlie Goldsmith, Cincinnati Enquirer 37 mins ago

Alf_Red_E
06-02-2021, 06:39 PM
In the category of Good News, the Reds are holding their own against the rainout 0 - 0