PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread Expectations - Anyone who Posts in them Should Read

Boss-Hog
08-13-2021, 11:34 AM
All,

We've seen an uptick in reactionary, constantly negative type posts that really don't add anything to the game threads, and a handful of different posters are largely responsible. We've already had to temporarily ban a few folks, and in some cases, that has helped change the behavior, and in others, it hasn't. To be clear, game threads by nature are reactionary, so some emotion in them is to be expected when things go poorly, but I am giving fair warning to the folks that only show up when things are going bad to say essentially the same things over and over ('This organization is the worst', '___ is an idiot', etc).

Also to be clear: criticism is fine and is to be expected when things aren't going well, but we are trying to weed out what I mentioned above along with 'This game is over', 'The Reds suck', etc. every time the opponent scores early in the game. I would encourage folks not to post if stuff like this is all you have to add because it really doesn't add anything productive. We're at the point that it doesn't make sense for us to allow the behavior of a select few to ruin the experience for the many who read and post in this forum, so I ask that people consider what they post prior to doing so, as we don't want to have to ban anyone else for this. We do have the option to ban users from this specific forum if their behavior is only a problem here, but we'd prefer not to have to go that route. In short, just chill out a bit and be aware of how what you post is perceived.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Roy Tucker
08-13-2021, 12:52 PM
Thanks Boss :)

Ky Fried Redleg
08-13-2021, 01:53 PM
Just a great forum with incredibly knowledgable baseball fans. So much fun! So glad to have found you folks. Ironically, I found this forum after one of our recent games in which we gave up a lead late and lost one we should have had wrapped up. I came looking for a place to vent my frustration and listen to others do the same. Boy, did I find it! I like the positive comments and I also like the criticism when its due. I hope to continue reading both.

Ironman92
08-13-2021, 01:59 PM
Thank You

Ky Fried Redleg
08-13-2021, 02:46 PM
Btw, the Pirates and Cubs suck! 16 losses in a row between them. They're horrible! They're seasons are over!!!! Ownership and management are clueless!!! :)

Tony Cloninger
08-13-2021, 03:28 PM
I expect to be entertained! And winning.

UKFlounder
08-13-2021, 03:49 PM
I have to admit that my ignore list has increased quite a bit in recent days. Thst has hrlped make these threads more enjoyable

mgbrown66
08-13-2021, 06:09 PM
Does this change the price of beer? No?

Then what do I care. :)

podgejeff_
08-14-2021, 12:17 PM
Will I continue to reserve the right to be consistently negative towards all other NL Central teams? Because I don't know how much I can say about any of them that remotely resembles a positive remark.

I posted something about Bryan Reynolds being good the other day that may have caused physical pain.

VR
08-19-2021, 02:17 PM
And the people rejoiced.

Ky Fried Redleg
08-19-2021, 02:50 PM
Will I continue to reserve the right to be consistently negative towards all other NL Central teams? Because I don't know how much I can say about any of them that remotely resembles a positive remark.

I posted something about Bryan Reynolds being good the other day that may have caused physical pain.

Like that guy A LOT. Would love to see him in a Reds' uniform.

WVRedsFan
10-03-2021, 06:08 PM
The win makes theReds 83-79 for 2021. Much improvement. Fun team to watch until that “easy schedule” got to them in the end. How long until Spring Training?