4. Lewis Brinson (R) CF
5. Brian Anderson (R) 3B
6. Jorge Alfaro (R) LF
7. Bryan De La Cruz (R) RF
8. Alex Jackson (R) C
9. Zach Thompson (R) P

NatiRedGals
08-21-2021, 02:16 PM
Maybe the gm is the guy who makes the lineup because giving Geno a start before Jose is just dumb send the kid down to bat it's getting ridiculous at this point were winning despite not fielding our best lineup I like to think bell would make better lineup choices

RedTeamGo!
08-21-2021, 02:28 PM
You have to send Barrero down. This is absurd.

Tom Servo
08-21-2021, 02:29 PM
go Reds

NatiRedGals
08-21-2021, 02:31 PM

5 at bats in 6 days with 4 in one game

HammerTime
08-21-2021, 02:33 PM
Just put Farmer at 3B for god sakes.

NatiRedGals
08-21-2021, 02:40 PM

Yep getting harder and harder to defend bell and the management and ownership

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 02:44 PM

Farmer’s done nothing to merit moving him. I’m not messing with Farmer at all right now. If he scuffles a good bit then ok but he’s a big part of where the Reds are and moving him in my opinion would be asking for him to rethink things. Let the rookie learn 3rd a bit and whatever he does at the plate has to be better than the “stars”…..plus he can break 6 seconds in the 40 yard dash.

CaiGuy
08-21-2021, 02:56 PM
On one hand, I also way prefer Berrero to start over the Farmdog.

On the other hand, Berrero already showed that he can hit minor league pitching and will probably learn just as much or even more on the big league bench than he would playing everyday in Louisville, so it's not like he's going to be ruined or something.

Let him break in the old fashioned way.

NatiRedGals
08-21-2021, 02:58 PM
Least are ears get a break ! https://twitter.com/johnsadak/status/1429153430120148993?s=20
Hello, my friends! So, I had an accident running yesterday & suffered breaks in my elbows. Thank goodness, Dr. Kremchek has taken great care of me & I plan to return Tuesday. Thank you for your kindness & to Jim Day/our awesome crew for being fabulous friends/teammates. #GoReds

CaiGuy
08-21-2021, 03:02 PM
Yep getting harder and harder to defend bell and the management and ownership

If you are disappointed in their performance this year, I guess you expecting more than competing for a wild card spot?

I think it's pretty easy to defend.

Ron Madden
08-21-2021, 03:04 PM
John Sadak
@johnsadak

Hello, my friends! So, I had an accident running yesterday & suffered breaks in my elbows. Thank goodness, Dr. Kremchek has taken great care of me & I plan to return Tuesday. Thank you for your kindness & to Jim Day/our awesome crew for being fabulous friends/teammates. #GoReds

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery

Ky Fried Redleg
08-21-2021, 03:05 PM
Glad to see Moustakas on the pine to think about his transgressions at the plate. I'd rather have Geno get a chance to run into a couple if I had to choose between him and Moose. Barrero needs to play if he's gonna be up here.

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 03:36 PM

especially with the way bell manages, never know when you might need him in a big spot. or two. even when he's not starting.

jwdoc77
08-21-2021, 03:38 PM
Farmer’s done nothing to merit moving him. I’m not messing with Farmer at all right now. If he scuffles a good bit then ok but he’s a big part of where the Reds are and moving him in my opinion would be asking for him to rethink things. Let the rookie learn 3rd a bit and whatever he does at the plate has to be better than the “stars”…..plus he can break 6 seconds in the 40 yard dash.

This makes no sense. You are not removing Farmer from the lineup. You are replacing our options at third with Barrero in the lineup. Farmer has played all over the diamond. He can play third. Barrero is better defensively as a SS and has not played all over the diamond. Why wait until Farmer scuffles to replace the dreck at 3rd. You are not only optimizing your lineup by replacing Moose/Suarez with Barrero, you are also optimizing you defense and giving the team the best chance to win.

davereds24
08-21-2021, 03:40 PM
When Sadak hit the ground I heard he was shouting “I’m dead, I’m dead!”

JP321
08-21-2021, 03:45 PM
Jose should have never been brought up in the first place. He absolutely deserves a call up, but he doesn't deserve to be sitting on a bench every game when he could be continuing his development in AAA with everyday at bats. Is that Krall or Bell, who knows. Farmer has more than earned the everyday start at SS, and with the Reds being in a race for the WC spot, Bell is going to go with experience over youth. Can't fully blame him for that, but you can blame Krall and the front office for giving the fans a false sense that he will play when they brought him up. Bell to his credit though did say that he was going to be mainly a bench player, and he has stuck to that.

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 04:00 PM
This makes no sense. You are not removing Farmer from the lineup. You are replacing our options at third with Barrero in the lineup. Farmer has played all over the diamond. He can play third. Barrero is better defensively as a SS and has not played all over the diamond. Why wait until Farmer scuffles to replace the dreck at 3rd. You are not only optimizing your lineup by replacing Moose/Suarez with Barrero, you are also optimizing you defense and giving the team the best chance to win.

It does make sense and I know you aren’t removing him from the lineup. Farmer has been perfect at SS. I’d guess Barrero would get to a few more balls but also make a few more errors….moving Farmer to 3rd I’d bet on Farmer making some errors over there, likewise with Barrero.

I’m leaving Farmer at SS if it’s me. If Bell moves him to 3rd, I haven’t any issue…I just wouldn’t do it.

I’m just on board with basically anything that doesn’t have Suarez/Moose in lineup and, well that’s it.

KeefeCato
08-21-2021, 04:20 PM
Tied for the wildcard but half the posts are about a unproven rookie not playing.
They are not moving Farmer. They are not moving from the Moose and Geno platoon. Barrero maybe could play CF or LF Naquin platoon with Aquino at one spot Barrero and Castellanos in the other two spots.
Best thing would be send him down or put him in the OF don't let him sit and get rusty.

KeefeCato
08-21-2021, 04:30 PM
Maybe the gm is the guy who makes the lineup because giving Geno a start before Jose is just dumb send the kid down to bat it's getting ridiculous at this point were winning despite not fielding our best lineup I like to think bell would make better lineup choices

I see you have abandoned your Shogo needs to start campaign and switched it to Barrero. You wanted Naquin sent down except he has no options. Sure glad the manager stuck with Naquin. He has really helped in Winkers absence.

SomeCallMeTim
08-21-2021, 04:35 PM
Least are ears get a break ! https://twitter.com/johnsadak/status/1429153430120148993?s=20

Tuesday?!? Its a miracle!!!

I thought the Reds prgression was:

Day-to-day
Healing well
Imminent return
60 day IL

Get well!

redsfan9988
08-21-2021, 04:43 PM
Tied for the wildcard but half the posts are about a unproven rookie not playing.
They are not moving Farmer. They are not moving from the Moose and Geno platoon. Barrero maybe could play CF or LF Naquin platoon with Aquino at one spot Barrero and Castellanos in the other two spots.
Best thing would be send him down or put him in the OF don't let him sit and get rusty.

Yeah… I think the Reds have very little margin for error. It’s all but impossible for our unproven rookie to be less productive than Mike Moustakas and Eugenio Suarez have been in 2021 - AND - at the least, he’ll give you top-shelf defense.

It’s human nature to identify problems and try to solve them. Geno and Mouse combining for 150 PA the rest of the way is absolutely a problem. Perhaps Barerro is a solution - perhaps he’s not - but running it back at 3B with the same shaky personnel is a bad idea. Hopefully Votto hits another 3-run homer and 3B production is moot. Still frustrating to feel like you’re not playing your best team in a playoff race.

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 04:44 PM

this. enjoy the ride, boys.

KeefeCato
08-21-2021, 04:50 PM
Yeah… I think the Reds have very little margin for error. It’s all but impossible for our unproven rookie to be less productive than Mike Moustakas and Eugenio Suarez have been in 2021 - AND - at the least, he’ll give you top-shelf defense.

It’s human nature to identify problems and try to solve them. Geno and Mouse combining for 150 PA the rest of the way is absolutely a problem. Perhaps Barerro is a solution - perhaps he’s not - but running it back at 3B with the same shaky personnel is a bad idea. Hopefully Votto hits another 3-run homer and 3B production is moot. Still frustrating to feel like you’re not playing your best team in a playoff race.

How do you know that Moose will not start ripping the ball like Farmer did after struggling? Or Naquin has. You me or no one else knows . Moose has a track record of being a solid player. He has had a handful of ABs since he came back. But automatically people are saying he can’t hit. Based on a few at bats. That is laughable. Give the a chance to get his timing back. He was a big piece on those Royal teams.
Barrero may poop the bed in a playoff race. He may fold like a tent. They are rightfully going to play the vets. Same thing any team would do.

MikeS21
08-21-2021, 04:51 PM
You don’t bring up Barrero to sit the bench … period. If he is not going to get regular plate appearances in the majors at SS, for whatever reason, you keep him at AAA getting regular starts. This is silly.

Wonderful Monds
08-21-2021, 04:55 PM
The ongoing Suarez insanity has to be a Castellini thing, it’s the only explanation that makes sense. It just reeks of his absolute dumbass meddling, because he probably thinks the guy’s name has enough marketing value to bring in fans despite him being the actual worst position player in baseball.

The only other reason is that one of Bell or Krall are complete and total morons who don’t understand that Geno is useless for at least the rest of this season, and I find that hard to believe at this point.

carlitoway1985
08-21-2021, 04:56 PM

Agree, send down Barrero to learn play OF first

Wonderful Monds
08-21-2021, 05:02 PM
They are not moving Farmer. They are not moving from the Moose and Geno platoon.

I don’t understand either of these things.

Farmer is a platoon player. That’s his only useful role on this team. He’s done nothing to earn having his name chiseled in stone at SS in the middle of the order absolutely everyday. It would not kill him to go back to playing 3B half the week, just as he’s done his entire career before July.

And I understand giving Moose a long leash because he probably has a good chance of bouncing back, back if they’re completely unwilling to stop playing Suarez in a strict platoon against every LHP, then they are genuine idiots.

Ky Fried Redleg
08-21-2021, 05:06 PM
Moose is a career .250 hitter, but that includes a couple pretty good years( .272 and .285, I think) with the Royals eons ago. He did have pretty nice power numbers for the Brewers in 2019. For the Reds, he's been in the very low 200's for average and has hit something like 12 dingers in '20 and '21 combined. I believe he is, at best, a .220 hitter moving forward. I would love for him to take off and hit like Wade Boggs but I think, more than likely, he will hit like Mike Moustakas in '20 and '21. I'm afraid, what we have seen is what we will get.

Bruce Berenyi
08-21-2021, 05:07 PM
I hope the reds score more runs than the marlins

redsfan9988
How do you know that Moose will not start ripping the ball like Farmer did after struggling? Or Naquin has. You me or no one else knows . Moose has a track record of being a solid player. He has had a handful of ABs since he came back. But automatically people are saying he can’t hit. Based on a few at bats. That is laughable. Give the a chance to get his timing back. He was a big piece on those Royal teams.
Barrero may poop the bed in a playoff race. He may fold like a tent. They are rightfully going to play the vets. Same thing any team would do.

I mean… you’re right. But I would argue that Moustakas’s career OPS is .750. And Suarez has been bad for a while now. It’s just an opportunity cost, is all. I hope Mouse/Suarez play well - and it may well work out that all Moose needs is 50 at-bats or so to get right. Still, as someone who has watched 95% of the innings played by the Reds this year, I can tell you that the lack of production from 3B has been frustrating. Not a deal-breaker. There’s a TON I love about the 2021 Reds:

Wink and Cast in the ASG
Votto’s resurrection
India’s emergence
Gutierrez steadying the back of the rotation
Everything Wade Miley says and does
Mychal Givens doing his thing
Farmer inexplicably playing pretty well

I just wish this one thing was different, and it’s boring to just say, “Votto is awesome,” with every post.

Ky Fried Redleg

I'll be satisfied with that.

Wonderful Monds
08-21-2021, 05:08 PM
Moose is a .250 career hitter, but that inclludes a couple pretty good years( .272 and .285, I think) with the Royals eons ago. I believe he is, at best, a .220 hitter moving forward. I would love for him to take off and hit like Wade Boggs but I think, more than likely, he will hit like Mike Moustakas in '20 and '21. I'm afraid, what we have seen is what we will get.

I know you have your grudge against him, but there’s not much reason to believe he’s only capable of being a .220 for the rest of his career. And cherry picking his value as a player by average is lame to begin with.

I expect once he gets healthy and fully in stride he’ll be the same plug and play .800 OPS guy he’s been the whole latter half of his career.

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 05:15 PM
None of us know how any one of all the guys mentioned will do in the different scenarios or how they’ll finish anyways. We all have our reasons.

I will say the going forward the playoffs Infinitely outweighs the development of Barrero right now. We also don’t necessarily know Barrero’s thoughts…..maybe he prefers to be up and used however in this playoff run. Maybe his 2 months surrounded by a playoff contending team and how things are done are as overall important to his growth as the 175 AB in AAA he’ll miss because of it. I have a seriously hard time imagining Barrero would choose playing AAA over being used however in the big leagues with the big timers.

I’m glad he’s up and assume he’s learning while being around it all.

Go Reds!

Wonderful Monds
08-21-2021, 05:26 PM

lmao you’re so mad

Ky Fried Redleg
08-21-2021, 05:28 PM
I know you have your grudge against him, but there’s not much reason to believe he’s only capable of being a .220 for the rest of his career. And cherry picking his value as a player by average is lame to begin with.

I expect once he gets healthy and fully in stride he’ll be the same plug and play .800 OPS guy he’s been the whole latter half of his career.

I have zero grudge against our Moose. I root for him to have successful AB's as much as I root for Votto. He didn't seem to come back in particularly good playing shape after the injury, and that is bothersome. And his bat is slower than these molasses I'm putting on this buscuit right now. He looks like he's walking in cement over at the hot corner and even his throws seem to be a cumbersome adventure. Maybe he came back too soon. Just doesn't seem comfortable out there.

redsfan9988
08-21-2021, 05:32 PM
None of us know how any one of all the guys mentioned will do in the different scenarios or how they’ll finish anyways. We all have our reasons.

I will say the going forward the playoffs Infinitely outweighs the development of Barrero right now. We also don’t necessarily know Barrero’s thoughts…..maybe he prefers to be up and used however in this playoff run. Maybe his 2 months surrounded by a playoff contending team and how things are done are as overall important to his growth as the 175 AB in AAA he’ll miss because of it. I have a seriously hard time imagining Barrero would choose playing AAA over being used however in the big leagues with the big timers.

Go Reds!

Excellent post and great point. If given the option between getting a handful of MLB at-bats for a pennant contender and playing everyday in Louisville - I know what I’d choose. I see both sides. It’s okay to have confidence that Moose will produce once he’s all the way back. He just looks overweight. And not graceful. I hope he goes on a tear and you all quote this stuff and make me look stupid… I just think Barerro looks more like a baseball player right now. Moose looks like an aging DH trying desperately to catch up to the kids.

Ky Fried Redleg
08-21-2021, 05:38 PM
Excellent post and great point. If given the option between getting a handful of MLB at-bats for a pennant contender and playing everyday in Louisville - I know what I’d choose. I see both sides. It’s okay to have confidence that Moose will produce once he’s all the way back. He just looks overweight. And not graceful. I hope he goes on a tear and you all quote this stuff and make me look stupid… I just think Barerro looks more like a baseball player right now. Moose looks like an aging DH trying desperately to catch up to the kids.

Pretty much the way it has looked to me as well. I hope he gets it together and helps us down the stretch. Seems like a decent guy.

Kc61
08-21-2021, 05:47 PM
Barrero got a fair number of games at AA and AAA. Made sense to bring him up. But he’s a newly-called up rookie, in a playoff race I agree with playing him occasionally. I’m guessing Jose will play tomorrow afternoon.

As for third base, Moose is a good player and he’ll come around. He’s still in spring training essentially after injury. I expect he’ll continue to get most of the starts, just not tonight.

CaiGuy
08-21-2021, 05:51 PM

Go Reds!

Yes this, I'd also rather he play, but I think it's overboard to worry about a few AB's in the minor one way or another.

Being on a big league club on a playoff chase...I would argue that has even more value for his development than those AB's in Louisville.

Ky Fried Redleg
08-21-2021, 05:51 PM
At the time, I thought that four game sweep at the hands of the SD Dads made catching the Fathers very unlikely. Didn't anticipate just what a swoon they would experience aginst bad teams. Just think, had we just split that four game series( recall we gave away that first one in the 9th) , we would have a 4 - game lead on SD right now.

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 06:01 PM

Speaking of which Pujols OPSing .940 vs lefties this season and has been productive for the Dodgers, even though he looks about 270

redsfan9988
08-21-2021, 06:03 PM
Speaking of which Pujols OPSing .940 vs lefties this season and has been productive for the Dodgers, even though he looks about 270

Yes. The Dodgers are smart enough not to play him every day at 3B, though.

KeefeCato
08-21-2021, 06:03 PM
Like I said earlier. I would like to see Barrero get some games in the OF. If Moose continues to look bad into the middle of Sept then you put Barreo at SS. Move Farmer to 3b. In the meantime though they have to get Barrero some at bats. Somehow. You can't let him sit day after day. OF with Winker out seems like the logical spot.

OldFashionedRed
08-21-2021, 06:13 PM
If you put Farmer at 3B now, and you're wanting Barrero in the OF, then who's covering SS? I say you play the splits at 3B between Moose and Suarez, put Barrero at SS where his range means he can help out at 3B, and have Farmer spell both the OF and left side of the infield when players are tired, sick, injured.

Alf_Red_E
08-21-2021, 06:21 PM
There have been a lot of variables to consider, but I have reached the conclusion that today's game is the most important game of the year.

redsfan9988
08-21-2021, 06:23 PM
There have been a lot of variables to consider, but I have reached the conclusion that today's game is the most important game of the year.

Until tomorrow’s game, that is*

Ky Fried Redleg
08-21-2021, 06:23 PM
Like I said earlier. I would like to see Barrero get some games in the OF. If Moose continues to look bad into the middle of Sept then you put Barreo at SS. Move Farmer to 3b. In the meantime though they have to get Barrero some at bats. Somehow. You can't let him sit day after day. OF with Winker out seems like the logical spot.

Correct. Have to get him some ABs.

bing
08-21-2021, 06:31 PM
Best Wishes for a speedy recovery

Both elbows at the same time? That's rough.

Ky Fried Redleg
08-21-2021, 06:32 PM
Bottomline we have to get something out of our 3b guys. Moose and Geno seem like great guys and awesome teammates. I would love to see these guys strike gold and help lead us to the promise land. Fact is, they've both been atrocious. Both are real liabilities in the field and at the dish right now. We need one or both of these dudes to step up and give us...SOMETHING...ANYTHING! Like Keefe said, if another two or three weeks go by with no change in the production, you would think we would have to sit them both and look at other options. I wouldn't give it no more than another couple of weeks. We have a playoff spot to try to claim.

Big Klu
08-21-2021, 06:36 PM
I feel bad that Sadak is unable to be there, because it's 90's Night, and you could tell that he was really looking forward to that.

Tadasimha
08-21-2021, 06:41 PM
...and this game is underway

JP321
08-21-2021, 06:41 PM
Ideally Moose or Geno would take off and we play one of them daily. But Geno has been mostly bad for 2 seasons and Moose has missed a lot and seems way out of sync

KeefeCato
08-21-2021, 06:44 PM
If you put Farmer at 3B now, and you're wanting Barrero in the OF, then who's covering SS? I say you play the splits at 3B between Moose and Suarez, put Barrero at SS where his range means he can help out at 3B, and have Farmer spell both the OF and left side of the infield when players are tired, sick, injured.

Never said put Farmer at 3b now. I said look at getting Barrero some OF starts to keep him fresh. Moose at 3b Farmer at SS. If barrero hits playing the OF. When Winker returns and Moose still isn't hitting Barrero goes to SS Farmer then moves to 3b.

Ky Fried Redleg
08-21-2021, 06:46 PM
I feel bad that Sadak is unable to be there, because it's 90's Night, and you could tell that he was really looking forward to that.

John seems like a real likeable guy(especially for a New York guy).

08-21-2021, 06:47 PM
I feel bad that Sadak is unable to be there, because it's 90's Nignotsht, and you could tell that he was really looking forward to that.

Hopefully he passed on his Candlebox, Collective Soul and Sugar Ray references on to Jim Day

KeefeCato
08-21-2021, 06:47 PM
Quick work by Miley.

Tadasimha
08-21-2021, 06:48 PM
Does Votto tie with Frank Robinson on the HR list tonight?

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 06:50 PM
Naquin has a 38% chance of extending his hitting streak tonight

Tom Servo
08-21-2021, 06:52 PM
Naquin, so hot right now.

I remember when people wanted him cut, that was a week ago lol.

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 06:52 PM
Man great swing by Naquin

Kc61
08-21-2021, 06:53 PM
Got to hand it to Naquin. Playing himself onto the 2022 Reds.

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 06:53 PM
Naquin, so hot right now.

I remember when people wanted him cut, that was a week ago lol.

Every time he doesn’t throw it like Ankiel everyone screams too.

membengal
08-21-2021, 06:55 PM
Boom goes the NickC dynamite.

Tom Servo
Cast!! :jump:

2-0 good guys

Tadasimha
Boomstick!

Ironman92
Guys…..we are willing to go oppo and that makes us dangerous as all get out

Larry Schuler
08-21-2021, 06:56 PM
Bone game strong.

08-21-2021, 06:56 PM
The good news is Castellanos put the Reds in the lead with a 2 run HR.

The bad news is that every HR he hits this season makes it less likely he will be a Red in 2022.

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 06:57 PM
Has Votto ever finished top 3 in HR/AB?

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 06:59 PM
Has Votto ever finished top 3 in HR/AB?

3rd in 2010….14.5
8th in 2015….15.4

Kc61
08-21-2021, 07:00 PM
Farmer with a ten game hit streak.

Doesn’t fit the narrative around here, but true nevertheless.

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 07:00 PM
Farmer and Naquin ….keep rising boys

OldFashionedRed
08-21-2021, 07:01 PM
Farmer is such a different hitter than he was a couple of months ago. And he's been getting better as a position player every year he's been in the big leagues. I for one like his down to Earth approach to the game.

Kc61
08-21-2021, 07:04 PM
Aquino’s power is a threat every time up. Having said that, he shouldn’t start against RHP.

Tadasimha
08-21-2021, 07:05 PM
Not a bad way to start a game for Reds fans

podgejeff_
08-21-2021, 07:07 PM
So Sadak seems well liked by the others.

Big Klu
08-21-2021, 07:08 PM
Suarez picking it tonight. His glove is a tick or two above Moustakas' right now.

08-21-2021, 07:09 PM
Perfect execution of a rundown.

podgejeff_
Great job by Miley there.

Dude just seems to be a string of good decisions out there.

Ky Fried Redleg
Hitting takes great skill, of course, but confidence is also a big factor. TyNaq and Farmer have it right now; Moose and Geno don't.

Ironman92
Scoreboard stumper

6 players who played fir the Reds in the 90’s ended their careers with over 2000 hits.

Go…..

Easy: Barry Larkin

I believe Paul O’Neill

I have 3 others I’m pretty sure of but will let you guys play

Big Klu
Pick off!

1-3-4-2 CS!

Kc61
08-21-2021, 07:10 PM
Suarez picking it tonight. His glove is a tick or two above Moustakas' right now.

That’s probably why Geno is playing with Ground Ball Miley on the mound.

Tom Servo
08-21-2021, 07:11 PM
Pick off!

1-3-4-2 CS!
Tailor made

- - - Updated - - -

Brewers/Nats is tied up at 4-4 after 7. Can't say I like the Nats bullpen vs Brewers bullpen matchup but hey stranger things have happened.

Ky Fried Redleg
08-21-2021, 07:11 PM
Great job by Miley there.

Dude just seems to be a string of good decisions out there.

Very cerebral baseball player.

Big Klu
08-21-2021, 07:12 PM
Scoreboard stumper

6 players who played fir the Reds in the 90’s ended their careers with over 2000 hits.

Go…..

I believe Paul O’Neill

Reggie Sanders

Edit: nope

NebraskaRed
08-21-2021, 07:14 PM
At least Geno could theoretically hit one for a sac fly vs. Moose's neverending Ks

Tom Servo
08-21-2021, 07:14 PM
At least Geno could theoretically hit one for a sac fly vs. Moose's neverending Ks
implying Geno would have made contact there if there were RISP

NebraskaRed
08-21-2021, 07:16 PM
implying Geno would have made contact there if there were RISP

In theory. Maybe not in practice.

OldFashionedRed
08-21-2021, 07:17 PM
Why in the world do some of our better hitters alter their swing so much, often at the worst pitches? Plate approach, guys!

podgejeff_
08-21-2021, 07:18 PM
Scoreboard stumper

Go…..

I believe Paul O’Neill

Paul Konerko.

Big Klu
08-21-2021, 07:19 PM
Paul Konerko.

What about Terry Pendleton and Ruben Sierra?

Ky Fried Redleg
Miley has a Moose body. A couple of those swings looked similar, too. Very good athlete, though.

podgejeff_
What about Terry Pendleton and Ruben Sierra?

I didn't even know Sierra played for the Reds but he has to be one.

NebraskaRed
I know they don't, but it feels like the Brewers use Suter-Williams-Hader in every single game.

Redsfan5
08-21-2021, 07:21 PM
I know they don't, but it feels like the Brewers use Suter-Williams-Hader in every single game.

Bell Hello

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mhs95_06
08-21-2021, 07:22 PM
You don’t bring up Barrero to sit the bench … period. If he is not going to get regular plate appearances in the majors at SS, for whatever reason, you keep him at AAA getting regular starts. This is silly.

No, you bring him up in the midst of the play-off race to have your best team available, bit his job will be to spell middle inf, pinch run, pinch hit, be a versatile player when it is tight late, and worst case to regularly start should a middle infielder get injured.

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 07:23 PM
Paul Konerko.

I believe he and Larkin are tied on the career hits list

Big Klu
08-21-2021, 07:23 PM

I'm not looking at hit totals, but I am looking at 90's rosters.

How about Tony Fernandez?

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 07:24 PM

Sierra was a Red in 97 or 98

Ky Fried Redleg
Miley... terrific athlete. Just doesn't look like it.

Ironman92

Yeah he’s close to Larkin I think career wise for a total

Tom Servo
08-21-2021, 07:25 PM
fine pitching by Miley to work around the leadoff double

podgejeff_

I just know that Sierra could hit with the Rangers and played forever.

Yeah, it's probably Tony Fernandez.

Ironman92
You guys forget Ken Griffey Sr came back to the Reds in 1990?

He surpassed 2000 by a little

NebraskaRed
08-21-2021, 07:26 PM
Leadoff double and Miley responds by saying...

https://youtu.be/M5QGkOGZubQ

NatiRedGals
08-21-2021, 07:26 PM
O lord I was happy sadlak is off but Jim day is worse 😫 lol back to radio broadcast

podgejeff_
08-21-2021, 07:27 PM
You guys forget Ken Griffey Sr came back to the Reds in 1990?

He surpassed 2000 by a little

You'll forgive my ignorance, I was 5 at the time.

Older Redsheads, why in God's name did we let Paul Konerko go?

Big Klu
08-21-2021, 07:27 PM
Barry Larkin
Paul O'Neill
Ken Griffey
Tony Fernandez
Ruben Sierra
Paul Konerko

Ky Fried Redleg
08-21-2021, 07:28 PM

Antone-Lorenzen-Givens

podgejeff_
08-21-2021, 07:29 PM

Ah nevermind, he was traded for Cameron. That makes sense.

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 07:29 PM
Yeah Deion stole 56 in just 115 games

I was at one of the games when he played for the Reds and he got thrown out trying to steal 2nd and catcher threw him out from his knees by so much Sanders didn’t even slide….just gave himself up

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 07:30 PM
That was a great story on Deion’s speed by Barry

podgejeff_
08-21-2021, 07:32 PM

Yeah.

Also, I can't imagine that any baseball player would think they'd have a chance in a race with a top flight NFL cornerback.

They're just working with different levels of speed.

08-21-2021, 07:32 PM
Ah nevermind, he was traded for Cameron. That makes sense.

Reds has both Casey and Konerko at the time. They could only keep one.

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 07:35 PM

Don’t be a calf…don’t be an achilles

Redsfan5
08-21-2021, 07:36 PM
Tough like India

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 07:36 PM
Ankle….he’ll be ok

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 07:37 PM
Holy terrible awful atrocious umpiring.

Wow.

podgejeff_
08-21-2021, 07:37 PM
Lol Chisholm should be mad.

RedsfaninMT
08-21-2021, 07:38 PM
Holy terrible awful atrocious umpiring.

Wow.

That was as about as bad as I've seen.

KeefeCato
WOW Thankfully Wade is okay. Can't afford to lose any starting pitcher and have Hoffman starting.

OldFashionedRed
Is that THE pitch frame of the decade? :laugh:

Ironman92
Family Show Jim Day

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 07:39 PM
Jesus rakes the opposite direction

podgejeff_
08-21-2021, 07:40 PM
Yeah, sit Miley if that ankle's bothering him.

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 07:41 PM
Marlins taking the oppo which is being given

M2

Because they had a glut at 1B and traded him for Mike Cameron, who was a better player.

RedsfaninMT
Bases would be juiced...so TY for the awful k mr. Ump

Ironman92
08-21-2021, 07:42 PM
I think Miley is fine….I’m giving the hitters credit for not trying to murder his pitch

Big Klu
Yeah.

Also, I can't imagine that any baseball player would think they'd have a chance in a race with a top flight NFL cornerback.

They're just working with different levels of speed.

I remember leaving Riverfront Stadium after a game in 2001 when Deion Sanders was in his third stint with the Reds. Deion and Barry Larkin were walking out to the players' parking lot together, and that's when I realized how big NFL players are. The tale of the tape for the two players is similar (Larkin: 6'0", 185 lbs.; Sanders: 6'1", 195 lbs.), but Deion had an NFL physique. He was massive compared to Barry! So that got me to thinking just how big the other guys in the NFL must be!

Ironman92
Bases would be juiced...so TY for the awful k mr. Ump

Maybe a triple play [emoji16]

Big Klu
08-21-2021, 07:43 PM
6-4-yessiree-3!

Kc61
Nice DP by Reds infield.

NebraskaRed
Brewers with bases loaded no outs in the bottom of the 8th.

Nationals gonna national.

OldFashionedRed
India is SO fast turning doubleplays. It's like he's pivoting AS he catches the ball.

M2
08-21-2021, 07:45 PM
Brewers with bases loaded no outs in the bottom of the 8th.

Nationals gonna national.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxWQMyoYJBU

BCubb2003
08-21-2021, 07:47 PM
As Lincoln once said, “Break the thumb of all my generals.”

Big Klu
08-21-2021, 07:50 PM
Just want to go on record as saying that I really dislike the Marlins' black jerseys with black numbers.

Have they never heard of contrast?

Tom Servo
Aquino really belongs more on a Marlins team than a contending Reds team

Alabama Red
Aquino just can’t hit. Time to move in from him if Senzel is ever able to play again.

OldFashionedRed
I swear, if Aquino is going to swing at balls THAT far out of the strikezone, then he can just see himself on back to AAA. I can stand at a pitching machine throwing that fast and know not to swing at it.

Wonderful Monds
08-21-2021, 07:51 PM
Aquino just can’t hit. Time to move in from him if Senzel is ever able to play again.

Frankenstein Senzel together a new functional body with parts from Aquino

mhs95_06
08-21-2021, 07:52 PM
India is SO fast turning doubleplays. It's like he's pivoting AS he catches the ball.

That's the way great infielders are, getting their body ready for the next movement, like a SS going in the hole and getting his feet in the ground to reverse momentum to make the throw slightly before the ball even gets there. Many outfielders could do a lot better by getting ready to throw before the catch.

mhs95_06
08-21-2021, 07:54 PM
From the way that umpire reacted, is the rule that if you run past the first base bag, you have to be tagged out instead of tagging the bag?

BCubb2003
08-21-2021, 07:55 PM
Just want to go on record as saying that I really dislike the Marlins' black jerseys with black numbers.

Have they never heard of contrast?

All I know is that the car guys seem to like the blacked-out look these days.

mhs95_06
08-21-2021, 07:56 PM

I wouldn't tie it to Senzel. If Senzel came back and played, it probably won't be for long, before he goes out again!

NebraskaRed
08-21-2021, 07:59 PM
We complain about Bell but imagine Davey Martinez is your mananger.

He puts in Javy Guerra in to pitch a tie game in the bottom of the 8th.

Catcher interference, single, HBP, another HBP to bring in the go ahead run, and then GRAND SLAM

Only then does he come out and brings in someone new.

9-4 Brewers.

podgejeff_
08-21-2021, 08:00 PM
We complain about Bell but imagine Davey Martinez is your mananger.

He puts in Javy Guerra in to pitch a tie game in the bottom of the 8th.

Catcher interference, single, HBP, another HBP to bring in the go ahead run, and then GRAND SLAM

Only then does he come out and brings in someone new.

9-4 Brewers.

I have given up hope on catching the Brewers this year. They have stolen the Cards' devil magic.

Now it's all about that wild card.

Big Klu
08-21-2021, 08:00 PM
All I know is that the car guys seem to like the blacked-out look these days.

I understand that. I drive a blacked-out Dodge Challenger -- black rims, solid black paint job with no stripes, door for the gas cap is black instead of chrome. It's a real head-turner.

But when I'm trying to figure out who the players are, seeing the numbers help.

You can't tell the players even with a program in their case.

podgejeff_
08-21-2021, 08:01 PM
Ump is just trolling Miami at this point.

OldFashionedRed
08-21-2021, 08:01 PM
I have given up hope on catching the Brewers this year. They have stolen the Cards' devil magic.

Now it's all about that wild card.

They won when we didn't. End of story. I don't think it ha much bearing on how they will do in the playoffs, but they never faltered with the Reds in the rearview mirror.

OldFashionedRed
08-21-2021, 08:04 PM
Reds in another mini-slump offensively. Can Miley get out of the fifth inning?

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 08:05 PM
the hell is wrong with miley? he's going full tropic thunder here.

podgejeff_
the hell is wrong with miley? he's going full tropic thunder here.

I bet it's that ankle.

JFLegal
get a 2-0 lead. get gift calls from the ump. and still blow the lead. against a terrible team that has already thrown in the towel. just awful.

- - - Updated - - -

completely terrible out of miley.

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 08:07 PM
easy excuse to blame the ankle. doesn't seem to be bothering him.

Tom Servo
get a 2-0 lead. get gift calls from the ump. and still blow the lead. against a terrible team that has already thrown in the towel. just awful.

- - - Updated - - -

completely terrible out of miley.
Ok

Larkin Fan
Miley hasn't been right since the ankle issue. This isn’t good.

JFLegal
pathetic performance from miley.

NebraskaRed
08-21-2021, 08:08 PM

He should be perfect. Anything less than that and he should just be executed right there on the mound.

Alabama Red
Miley just fell apart so hat inning. The bats better come alive.

Tom Servo
yeah we should cut him what’s he ever done for us

JFLegal
yeah we should cut him what’s he ever done for us

no, calm down. i know your mets are falling off the face, but don't hate on my reds.

Larkin Fan
08-21-2021, 08:09 PM

Pathetic posting performance by JFLegal.

podgejeff_
easy excuse to blame the ankle. doesn't seem to be bothering him.

How would you know if it's bothering him?

I mean, one obvious way to tell is that Wade Miley is walking batters home and hitting dudes with the bases loaded.

OldFashionedRed
Get him out of there. He did this two games ago, against Atlanta, and got shelled. Just lost his temper and then his control. I think the Marlins were getting under his skin.

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 08:10 PM
miley is mad he was taken out? how about don't suck? you're pitching against a AAA team and just blew the lead.

shogo! hell yes!

Wonderful Monds
Miley hasn't been right since the ankle issue. This isn’t good.

Get this team a damn podiatrist. Or Rex Ryan. Whatever, some kind of foot expert.

NebraskaRed
Shogo for MVP

NatiRedGals
08-21-2021, 08:11 PM
And that is why shogo needs to be playing some way some how put naquin in left or right

Larkin Fan
miley is mad he was taken out? how about don't suck?

Would you rather he didn't care? Give me a break.

- - - Updated - - -

Shogo saves the day!

membengal
That time the double switch was genius

JFLegal
man that's close. will it hold up?

Wonderful Monds
how about don't suck?

You should repeat this to your last couple pages of posts ITT

OldFashionedRed
He was already pissed. I love me some Miley, but he is always chirping out there, and IMO he doesn't do well when he's pissed. Starts walking batters.

mbgrayson
08-21-2021, 08:12 PM
It looked to me like that ball hit the grass....

OldFashionedRed
That ball touched the ground first. I'm glad they didn't challenge it.

JFLegal
You should repeat this to your last couple pages of posts ITT

i hope you're doing ok man. go reds.

Big Klu
08-21-2021, 08:13 PM
Shogo has very good glove in the OF. (But a very poor arm to go with it.)

WildcatFan
FWIW the guys seem to really like Shogo.

JFLegal

i thought so too. very close. i do think he caught it. but it was very close.

Wonderful Monds
i hope you're doing ok man. go reds.

OldFashionedRed
It looked to me like that ball hit the grass....

It did hit the grass, and bounced right into the glove. Still ONE HELL of a an attempt. He misses that and it's maybe an inside the park grand slam. Yikes. God, I love Shogo. Yugo as Shogo :lol:

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 08:14 PM
the 1990 reds' rap song! yessir!

- - - Updated - - -

ok, be cool.

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 08:16 PM
the marlins did challenge. upheld.

NebraskaRed
I hope someone sits Miley down and explains to him that no team has ever gone on to win after being in a 2-2 tie in the 5th inning.

Then and only then will he realize the damage he has caused.

Big Klu

They did challenge it.

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 08:17 PM
I hope someone sits Miley down and explains to him that no team has ever gone on to win after being in a 2-2 tie in the 5th inning.

Then and only then will he realize the damage he has caused.

scott frost. how is he doing?

Alabama Red
08-21-2021, 08:17 PM
The Reds are going to have to pay either Moose or Suarez to go away in the off-season. There is just no room for them JB and Farmer.

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 08:19 PM
The Reds are going to have to pay either Moose or Suarez to go away in the off-season. There is just no room for them JB and Farmer.

they would need to pay almost the entire salary for anyone to take moose or geno off our hands. their contracts are awful (especially moose's).

TheBigLebowski
08-21-2021, 08:19 PM
FWIW the guys seem to really like Shogo.

Yeah, they do seem to genuinely like him

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 08:20 PM
Yeah, they do seem to genuinely like him

shogo seems like a likeable dude.

OldFashionedRed
08-21-2021, 08:20 PM
Was that Larkin speaking Spanish? He sounded like he asking the captain to move the boat so he could come up for air.

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 08:21 PM
Was that Larkin speaking Spanish? He sounded like he asking the captain to move the boat so he could come up for air.

speaks it almost as "good" as he does english.

OldFashionedRed
08-21-2021, 08:22 PM
They did challenge it.

Maybe my feed isn't working correctly. Looked to me like they immediately went to commercial and start of the bottom of the inning.

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 08:22 PM
Maybe my feed isn't working correctly. Looked to me like they immediately went to commercial and start of the bottom of the inning.

they did immediately go to commerical. they challenged during the commerical.

- - - Updated - - -

now cessa nibbles and walks the leadoff batter. my god.

OldFashionedRed
08-21-2021, 08:23 PM
they did immediately go to commerical. they challenged during the commerical.

Cool.

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 08:23 PM
you are playing the marlins, boys. act accordingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool.

?

- - - Updated - - -

DP! very nice!

Big Klu
08-21-2021, 08:24 PM
4-6-yessiree-3!

OldFashionedRed
Could the Nationals STILL take the lead in that game? WOW!!!

mhs95_06
Shogo has very good glove in the OF. (But a very poor arm to go with it.)

And that's the problem, he's not a good player in total defense.

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 08:25 PM
cessa, very nice.

M2
08-21-2021, 08:26 PM

Hard disagree.

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 08:26 PM
Could the Nationals STILL take the lead in that game? WOW!!!

no

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 08:29 PM
base knock for ROY

Big Klu
08-21-2021, 08:30 PM

You can live with him in LF (though he doesn't have enough bat), and he's tolerable in CF though the lack of arm strength is a liability. He can't play RF.

The reality is that Shogo is playing in the wrong era. He would be a much better fit in the Astroturf era of the 70's, 80's, and early 90's.

Tadasimha
08-21-2021, 08:30 PM
Rally time!

M2
08-21-2021, 08:31 PM
base knock for ROY

https://im.indiatimes.in/media/content/itimes/blog/2015/Dec/16/1450259301_61642940410956712c5562004.gif

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 08:31 PM
i love a strong arm in the OF, but truth is it's overrated IMO. how often do we see really close plays due to arm strength from outfielders? we see them, but not often.

how often do we see fly balls that only certain OFs can catch? all the time. shogo is good at that.

- - - Updated - - -

naquin double!

Stray
08-21-2021, 08:32 PM
Naquin is on fire

Larry Schuler
That’s the density we need. Let’s keep believing.

JFLegal
https://im.indiatimes.in/media/content/itimes/blog/2015/Dec/16/1450259301_61642940410956712c5562004.gif

lmao

OldFashionedRed
08-21-2021, 08:33 PM
Naquin is making me forget about Winker, lol.

GullyFoyle
08-21-2021, 08:33 PM
Cool.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210822/35f20b590427a81cf2b631e666aec406.jpg

I think if you have high enough resolution you find the glove under the ball.

Tadasimha
08-21-2021, 08:34 PM
When Naquin the Eskimo gets here, everybody shouts for joy

Big Klu
08-21-2021, 08:34 PM
That’s the density we need. Let’s keep believing.

Lorraine, my density has brought me to you.

https://www.looper.com/img/gallery/why-crispin-glover-didnt-return-for-back-to-the-future-ii/intro-1600189129.jpg

OldFashionedRed
08-21-2021, 08:35 PM
lmao

Who is that, lol. Who's the chick in the red dress? She's a looker.

JFLegal
3-2 redlegs!

- - - Updated - - -

get one more here

NebraskaRed
Cast with all 3 runs batted in.

M2
08-21-2021, 08:36 PM
India scores the go-ahead run.

https://c.tenor.com/5tn7Wxr0_1IAAAAd/bollywood-dance.gif

Did Larkin need to go on a bathroom break? I haven’t heard him speak in while

Tadasimha
IBB to Votto

#eliteplus

SomeCallMeTim
08-21-2021, 08:37 PM
You can’t stop JDV, you can only hope to intentionally walk him.

OldFashionedRed

MR, who is that group? I'd like to watch them on YouTube. They're hilarious :laugh:

NebraskaRed
Time for Farmer to plant a seed in the bleachers.

The seed is the ball.

This is a family board.

Big Klu
08-21-2021, 08:38 PM

Bollywood movies are like a fever dream.

JFLegal
walk. bases loaded. let's go!

M2
MR, who is that group? I'd like to watch them on YouTube. They're hilarious :laugh:

It's just random Bollywood GIFs. I post them when India does something good.

OldFashionedRed
08-21-2021, 08:39 PM
They should just have Cess bat here to really drive home that Moose needs to work on his swing.

Larkin Fan
08-21-2021, 08:40 PM
I like using TySteve in this situation MUCH better than Moose.

JFLegal
all tyler stephenson does is deliver!

- - - Updated - - -

5-2 reds

Tom Servo
Ty Steve <3

Larkin Fan
TySteve!!!!

mhs95_06
Bell's rare righty on righty PH pays off!

JFLegal
08-21-2021, 08:41 PM
3 rookies have helped this team immensely: india, tysteve and vlad.

TheBigLebowski
Loves me some TySteve!!

Fil3232
Bell pushing all the right buttons this far tonight.

And TySteve has superstar written on his forehead. His approach is so good.

Kc61
Bell's rare righty on righty PH pays off!

Didn’t want a lefty brought in to face Moustakas.

JFLegal
6-2 reds!

Big Klu
08-21-2021, 08:42 PM
I like using TySteve in this situation MUCH better than Moose.

Good move by Bell. Using Stephenson prevented Mattingly from going to the bullpen for the LHP.

JFLegal
i liked that half inning. it was cool.

NebraskaRed
Bell puts in Shogo, Shogo makes a catch to save some runs.

Bell puts in Stephenson, hits a 2 run double.

Bell can do no wrong (for the next 3 minutes)

SomeCallMeTim
Ty Steve and J. India!

Clark, they are the gifts that keep on giving.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/Shjan97TyUJY4/giphy.gif

OldFashionedRed
Fantastic job by Stephenson and Suave to give the Reds some cushion.

Redsfan5
08-21-2021, 08:43 PM
Bell is a genius

JFLegal
Good move by Bell. Using Stephenson prevented Mattingly from going to the bullpen for the LHP.

tyler stephenson is a bad man. mature beyond his years. he's gonna be trouble for reds' opponents for a long time.

TexasRedsFan
What I love about Stephenson is how effortlessly he goes opposite field. Wish he could teach that to some of our other hitters.

TheBigLebowski
It's just random Bollywood GIFs. I post them when India does something good.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sdyC1BrQd6g

Ever experienced the out of body experience that IS Benny Lava?