PDA

View Full Version : 9-1-21 Reds vs Cardinals Game 2

Pages : [1] 2

Tom Servo
09-01-2021, 04:37 PM
Usually I'd defer to Ron here but desperate times and all...

India 2B
Stephenson C
Castellanos RF
Votto 1B
Suarez 3B
Farmer SS
Aquino LF
DeShields CF
Gray SP

NatiRedGals
09-01-2021, 04:38 PM
Please tell me this isn't real

forfreelin04
09-01-2021, 04:39 PM
The Reds will probably score 10 runs in the second game. You heard it hear first. :thumbup:

Wonderful Monds
09-01-2021, 04:39 PM
Just an absolutely black hole after the first 4 hitters, none of whom are hitting themselves to begin with

NatiRedGals
09-01-2021, 04:40 PM
The Reds will probably score 10 runs in the second game. You heard it hear first. :thumbup:

I hope so sheesh I hope they score so much I punch my ownself

NebraskaRed
09-01-2021, 04:41 PM
What is with the fascination with starting Aquino and Suarez at the same time? Let alone giving either of them a start at all.

NebraskaRed
09-01-2021, 04:43 PM
I know Shogo hasn't been good, but I'm pretty convinced that Bell forgot he exists.

Tom Servo
09-01-2021, 04:44 PM
What is with the fascination with starting Aquino and Suarez at the same time? Let alone giving either of them a start at all.
I get the Aquino choice at least because Naquin can't hit lefties and Shogo is Shogo, and AA should be able to produce in a spot like this if he were at all decent at doing his job.

I do not at all understand why Suarez over Cabrera, other than demand from the top that Suarez be platooned instead of outright benched.

Moonlite Graham
09-01-2021, 04:44 PM

India 2B
Stephenson C
Castellanos RF
Votto 1B
Suarez 3B
Farmer SS
Aquino LF
DeShields CF
Gray SP

Have mercy thats depressing. Sticking right handed bats in there simply because their right handed, performance be damned. Hell, Im right handed let me bat 7th.

Im saying right now, Naquin and Schrock and Cabrera would give you more out of the 5, 7 and 8 holes tonight than Geno, Aquino and Delino Jr.

And thats not really a stretch.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 04:45 PM

India 2B
Stephenson C
Castellanos RF
Votto 1B
Suarez 3B
Farmer SS
Aquino LF
DeShields CF
Gray SP

I figured India might get this one off. He could use a blow. Lopez or Cabrera can play 2b.

Wonderful Monds
09-01-2021, 04:45 PM

Bell gets a good share of the blame for this recent string of losses with these awful lineups he keeps running out there. He has arguably had them overachieving much of the year to his credit, but the buck also stops at him now that they’re s***ing their pants when it matters most. Of course he’s not in the box flailing away himself, but he is putting guys like Suarez out there every other night when he has the power to not do so. I don’t even know why Asdrubal Cabrera is on the roster.

It’s beyond ridiculous at this point. It’s a borderline fireable offense IMO.

Ron Madden
09-01-2021, 04:46 PM

India 2B
Stephenson C
Castellanos RF
Votto 1B
Suarez 3B
Farmer SS
Aquino LF
DeShields CF
Gray SP

Sorry running a bit behind today

NebraskaRed
I get the Aquino choice at least because Naquin can't hit lefties and Shogo is Shogo, and AA should be able to produce in a spot like this if he were at all decent at doing his job.

I do not at all understand why Suarez over Cabrera, other than demand from the top that Suarez be platooned instead of outright benched.

I thought for sure Cabrera would start game 2.

Tom Servo
Bell gets a good share of the blame for this recent string of losses with these awful lineups he keeps running out there. He has arguably had them overachieving much of the year to his credit, but the buck also stops at him now that they’re s***ing their pants when it matters most. Of course he’s not in the box flailing away himself, but he is putting guys like Suarez out there every other night when he has the power to not do so. I don’t even know why Asdrubal Cabrera is on the roster.

Is he secretly hiding some great players on the bench though? Like this is just what the roster is.

Tony Cloninger
This is why you get the Bell is this or that stuff. Aquino. Is no Bueno a este momento. Playing the coldest hands available and wondering why it’s not working. I will defer to Dean Wormer during the big meeting with the Deltas in his office to surmise.

Reds Fanatic
09-01-2021, 04:47 PM
I am just amazed at this lineup. Suarez is batting .125 with a .229 OBP against lefties. Not only should he not be playing but batting 5th

westofyou
Nayquin has a .580 OPS vs LH's, Shogo can't hit LH's who should start?

KeefeCato

I though that 100% he would be in there. Not sure why they even added him if he can't draw a start vs. a LHP.

NebraskaRed
09-01-2021, 04:48 PM
Old friend JVM just hit a 2 run bomb to make it 4-0 over the Padres.

westofyou
09-01-2021, 04:49 PM

Stupid David Bell!!

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 04:49 PM

I almost posted the other days lineup. But didn't wanna be bad mojo.

Wonderful Monds
09-01-2021, 04:50 PM
Is he secretly hiding some great players on the bench though? Like this is just what the roster is.

I can get Aquino being in there out of sheer necessity given they don’t really have any other options. But Cabrera has a .791 OPS against lefties, he’s practically Babe Ruth in comparison to Geno. It’s extremely frustrating to watch given the position they’re in right now and how they’ve been playing, where basically every run matters and they need to claw their way to every win they can get. There’s not really any good excuse to keep running him out there anymore.

Tom Servo
09-01-2021, 04:50 PM
lol you're totally fine I just figured if I jumped the line maybe it could bring good luck

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 04:51 PM

Padres are not going to the playoffs. I just don't see it anyway.

Tom Servo
09-01-2021, 04:51 PM
I can get Aquino being in there out of sheer necessity given they don’t really have any other options. But Cabrera has a .791 OPS against lefties, he’s practically Babe Ruth in comparison to Geno. It’s extremely frustrating to watch given the position they’re in right now and how they’ve been playing, where basically every run matters and they need to claw their way to every win they can get. There’s not really any good excuse to keep running him out there anymore.
Cabrera should be playing, like I said I can only guess that Suarez starts against LH is a demand that comes from the top. Because why they would allow it to continue otherwise doesn't make any sense to me.

Wonderful Monds
09-01-2021, 04:52 PM
Also as bad as the roster is currently playing, they really need to get creative. Barrero really should be up here starting at SS with Farmer in LF or something against LHP. As soon as his 10 days are up, I’d like to see that. They desperately need any shot in the arm they can get.

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 04:53 PM

It's almost as if he's pulling a Calipari. Put guys in who are not contributing just to drive home a point with the fans. I don't think I'm far off. No logical manager I can think of would make out a lineup like that. Why? He better not pull the "it's a double header". These guys are DIGGING A HOLE, there isn't the time for making sure everybody gets to play like it's a little league game or something. It has to be the best players in the lineup, every game, and you ride those guys until they drop.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 04:53 PM
Cabrera should be playing, like I said I can only guess that Suarez starts against LH is a demand that comes from the top. Because why they would allow it to continue otherwise doesn't make any sense to me.

Playing Geno so much tells me that if they do decide to unload one of Geno or Moose in the offseason. It will 100% be Moose who goes. Unless someone offers some crazy deal for Geno.

Wonderful Monds
09-01-2021, 04:54 PM

I agree with that, I can’t really comprehend it otherwise. It’s just hard to not be frustrated and vent with how bad they’ve played under the spotlight lately, and it feels like the required level of urgency to slam the brakes on the skid isn’t there. That really probably isn’t Bell’s fault, but man I just want it stop either way no matter who’s responsible lmao

TheBigLebowski
09-01-2021, 04:55 PM

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 04:56 PM
Maybe the media should start asking the tough questions, and we can then know where these lineup decisions are coming from instead of "wanting it to stop". I don't know, I tend to look for obvious solutions.

RichRed
09-01-2021, 04:56 PM

It's baffling to me because the front office that would be dictating that Suarez be in there is the same front office that signed Cabrera, ostensibly for games like this. I've stayed out of the lineup stuff pretty much all year, but my head hurts from all the scratching now.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 04:57 PM
I am sure Cabrera is happy to be on a team that is still in the playoff race. But at the same time he has to be scratching his head at lack of starts with all the LHP they been facing this past week.

Ky Fried Redleg
09-01-2021, 04:58 PM

Couldn't agree more. Just flabbergasted and bumfuzzled...

Wonderful Monds
It's baffling to me because the front office that would be dictating that Suarez be in there is the same front office that signed Cabrera, ostensibly for games like this. I've stayed out of the lineup stuff pretty much all year, but my head hurts from all the scratching now.

Because it’s probably not Krall, it’s probably Castellini doing his idiot huckster act deciding the lineup based on who is the most fan favorite (and therefore more likely to sell tickets in his eyes), or getting their money’s worth for his contract, or something equally asinine and stupid.

dakota42
I thought for sure Cabrera would start game 2.I don't understand why they even signed him if they don't even want to use him.At this point could he me any worse than some of the guys ahead of him.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 04:59 PM
Maybe the media should start asking the tough questions, and we can then know where these lineup decisions are coming from instead of "wanting it to stop". I don't know, I tend to look for obvious solutions.

Media isn't going to ask tough questions for fear of being locked out. They have cushy jobs and are not going to rock the boat.

Ky Fried Redleg
09-01-2021, 05:01 PM
I am sure Cabrera is happy to be on a team that is still in the playoff race. But at the same time he has to be scratching his head at lack of starts with all the LHP they been facing this past week.

I just don't get it . I thought for sure they brought him over here to hit regularly against lefties. Guess not...

TheBigLebowski
09-01-2021, 05:03 PM
SD is losing 6-0 to Arizona. So that’s good.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 05:03 PM
I agree with that, I can’t really comprehend it otherwise. It’s just hard to not be frustrated and vent with how bad they’ve played under the spotlight lately, and it feels like the required level of urgency to slam the brakes on the skid isn’t there. That really probably isn’t Bell’s fault, but man I just want it stop either way no matter who’s responsible lmao

That probably is the case. If it is. I wish the GM would grow a backbone and tell the owner to let us make the baseball decisions or get a new GM. If I were a GM, I would want to make my own decisions good or bad.

JCM11
09-01-2021, 05:04 PM
I can't understand why Bell doesn't hit Farmer second and Stephenson 5th to give Votto some protection.

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 05:04 PM
Couldn't agree more. Just flabbergasted and bumfuzzled...

If the Reds don't get into the playoffs, I see Bell fired at season end. Yes, he's gotten some of these guys to over-achieve, and was able to massage Votto into a brief resurgence, but putting some of these guys in day in and day out, to the detriment of the club's success, is a fireable offense.

Ron Madden
09-01-2021, 05:05 PM
Also as bad as the roster is currently playing, they really need to get creative. Barrero really should be up here starting at SS with Farmer in LF or something against LHP. As soon as his 10 days are up, I’d like to see that. They desperately need any shot in the arm they can get.

Bobby Nightengale
@nightengalejr

Jose Barrero wasn't eligible to be called up yet. Players who are optioned to the minors must spend 10 days off the big-league roster unless replacing an injured player (or some exceptions like a player on the paternity list).

Moonlite Graham
09-01-2021, 05:06 PM
I can't understand why Bell doesn't hit Farmer second and Stephenson 5th to give Votto some protection.

Thats a good point, and one that Im sure has eluded our glorious leader

westofyou
09-01-2021, 05:06 PM
Cabrera in his last 65 PA's - .206/.206/.309/.515 - No walks, no power.

There is a chance he's done or hurt.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 05:07 PM
It's almost as if he's pulling a Calipari. Put guys in who are not contributing just to drive home a point with the fans. I don't think I'm far off. No logical manager I can think of would make out a lineup like that. Why? He better not pull the "it's a double header". These guys are DIGGING A HOLE, there isn't the time for making sure everybody gets to play like it's a little league game or something. It has to be the best players in the lineup, every game, and you ride those guys until they drop.
OLDFashioned, I need to apologize to you. I got you mixed up with KY reds fan. The other day. When I talked about hating Moose. He took it all in stride. But the comment was meant for him not you. So I am Sorry for that.

Ky Fried Redleg
09-01-2021, 05:08 PM
If most of RZ can clearly see that the Reds' two sub Mendoza Latin black holes shouldn't be playing, why can't astute basball minds like Bell and Krall?

OldFashionedRed
Votto is 10 out of his last 51 AB's, .196 BAVG. :cry:

Tom Servo

I’d rather see him gets starts over Suarez but yeah the way it’s being spoken of here you’d think the guy was Winker or something. It’s not the scandal of the century.

westofyou

Because he wants someone on base for Votto instead of someone who doesn't walk and hit into a lot of DP's?

the real question is why is he batting above the #7 spot.

NebraskaRed

Very possible, but the Reds thought he was worth getting for some reason, right? But they certainly aren't trying to use him very much, so far.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 05:09 PM
Votto is 10 out of his last 51 AB's, .196 BAVG. :cry:

Had to figure he would crash a little after his torrid streak, But I never thought it was be that bad.

Tom Servo
09-01-2021, 05:10 PM
OLDFashioned, I need to apologize to you. I got you mixed up with KY reds fan. The other day. When I talked about hating Moose. He took it all in stride. But the comment was meant for him not you. So I am Sorry for that.
Lot of the new guys/girls are running together in my mind, probably because it’s mostly the same stuff. Bell is an idiot, Aquino poisoned our crops and destroyed the offense, etc etc.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 05:10 PM
Very possible, but the Reds thought he was worth getting for some reason, right? But they certainly aren't trying to use him very much, so far.

And without looking I imagine those horrible numbers are still better than Aquino or Suarez in that stretch.

westofyou
09-01-2021, 05:12 PM
If most of RZ can clearly see that the Reds' two sub Mendoza Latin black holes shouldn't be playing, why can't astute basball minds like Bell and Krall?

Redzone's Hive Mind isn't exactly anything but a bunch of fans who don't work in baseball or for the Reds, there is probably a lot of information we don't have that they do. I wouldn't lean on that as a source of great knowledge as much as source that knows where the volume knob is.

TheBigLebowski
09-01-2021, 05:12 PM

I hadn’t watched him this year but his stats looked pretty good and he’s been a quality player for a while, but he looks terrible in this admittedly short audition he’s had.

westofyou
09-01-2021, 05:13 PM
Had to figure he would crash a little after his torrid streak, But I never thought it was be that bad.

His BABIP is .178 and he's walked 8 times, looks like he is seeing very little to hit as well.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 05:14 PM
I hadn’t watched him this year but his stats looked pretty good and he’s been a quality player for a while, but he looks terrible in this admittedly short audition he’s had.

At one time and I am probably wrong but it doesn't seem that long ago. He used to actually steal bases. I am not sure he could outrun Votto now.

Ky Fried Redleg
09-01-2021, 05:14 PM

LOL , I knew when I read it that was the case. Btw, I never get offended at anything anyone says on here. I respect your opinion. You know your baseball. I'm still rooting hard for Moose to get hot. Right now, I just want any of the guys to get hot. It's getting to be kinda dicey.

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 05:15 PM

It's all good. Now I can read your posts again. Seriously, it's okay.

I guess Servo thinks I'm boring, there's only so many ways you can describe the pain we're going though as Reds fans, before you hit the fork of either saying something similar or going silent. When I watch the Reds I'm jumping out of my chair and pumping my fists in the air, and when things have gone awry I'm venting on here and justifying my opinions with stats occasionally. I'm a much better auditor than cheerleader.

Servo motors are boring, too. :lol:

REDREAD

That's good. He really owes us :)

KeefeCato
His BABIP is .178 and he's walked 8 times, looks like he is seeing very little to hit as well.

That shift has probably hurt him more than any Red since they started shifting. He has lifted more balls this year though to try and beat it.
I forgot to add this to my post. FAMILY BOARD.

Wonderful Monds
09-01-2021, 05:17 PM

It’s not pretty, but he has managed to be good against LHP most of the season. He’s shown signs of life against them this season at least, which is far more than one can say about Suarez. And the way they’ve been hitting lately, they need to scrape together every single run they can get.

It’d make more sense if Cabrera were hurt and not playing for that reason, but if that were the case I don’t think they would’ve picked him up to begin with.

Or at least if not Cabrera, then Barrero should’ve stayed up with Farmer playing 3B. Or play Alejo Lopez there. They’ve got a lot of options there and it’s an extremely low bar at this point to outplay Suarez at this point, and likely by a significant margin at that.

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 05:18 PM

If you're talking about Votto, you're spot on. The guy has a consistent swing, a pretty consistent eye at the plate. But, My God, is not getting much protection. I honestly think he doesn't care either way, he's a feller that just goes about his business. If I'm a pitcher I just throw him junk, knowing that I won't have to change that approach to strike the next guy out.

REDREAD
09-01-2021, 05:21 PM
If the Reds don't get into the playoffs, I see Bell fired at season end. Yes, he's gotten some of these guys to over-achieve, and was able to massage Votto into a brief resurgence, but putting some of these guys in day in and day out, to the detriment of the club's success, is a fireable offense.

Do we want Bell fired though? Honestly, he's the best manager we've had since Dusty. If you remove Dusty.. who was the last good manager we had? Jack McKeon , I guess.
Bell does some things that are maddening, but he kept the team in the wild card race.
Reds are probably going to end up winning 10 more games than I thought they would.
It's a miracle he kept this team afloat when his primary relievers were Brach and Hembree and everyone else being pretty much awful.
If I had confidence the Reds would find a top manager, then yea, go ahead and fire Bell.
But the Reds are likely to hire someone much worse. Maybe even worse than David Price. It's too risky.

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 05:21 PM
Anyone else here want the shift banned? I do. I'm going to go to my grave lamenting the old days.

REDREAD
09-01-2021, 05:23 PM

I almost wonder if Cabrera was picked up primarily as insurance in case Moose had to go on the DL again.

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 05:23 PM
Do we want Bell fired though? Honestly, he's the best manager we've had since Dusty. If you remove Dusty.. who was the last good manager we had? Jack McKeon , I guess.
Bell does some things that are maddening, but he kept the team in the wild card race.
Reds are probably going to end up winning 10 more games than I thought they would.
It's a miracle he kept this team afloat when his primary relievers were Brach and Hembree and everyone else being pretty much awful.
If I had confidence the Reds would find a top manager, then yea, go ahead and fire Bell.
But the Reds are likely to hire someone much worse. Maybe even worse than David Price. It's too risky.

Maybe one of the whizzes here can graph out all of decisions this season, in terms of whether they immediately (current batter faced or put in as pinch hitter) led to a success or failure? It's probably 50/50 meaning that in the grand scheme of things managers don't really have that much impact on the long season, that the guys put out there have to perform.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 05:26 PM
Anyone else here want the shift banned? I do. I'm going to go to my grave lamenting the old days.

The shift and 100 mph pitchers are mostly the reason we see hitters going with the launch angle. They figure the best way to beat the shift is hit the ball in the air. So we see the three outcomes for batters. Also reason for the low OBP and Averages. I hate the shift.

Mitri
09-01-2021, 05:26 PM

Yeah that’s the worst part of this stretch. The roster has been exposed for what it is.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 05:31 PM
Yeah that’s the worst part of this stretch. The roster has been exposed for what it is.

Winker is really missed. He wouldn't help much against LHP but I would rather see him at bat against them than Aquino. This team would really be in a mess without Naquin's hot streak he has been on. Which to me is why of all the questionable moves we saw today. The biggest one was Lopez hitting for Naquin earlier in the game. Would have been nice to see him hitting in the 9th. I am not sure Lopez can hit a ball hard. I don't think I have saw him do it yet.

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 05:34 PM
The shift and 100 mph pitchers are mostly the reason we see hitters going with the launch angle. They figure the best way to beat the shift is hit the ball in the air. So we see the three outcomes for batters. Also reason for the low OBP and Averages. I hate the shift.

Before I get called a loony tune on here, I actually had the thought today while driving home from dropping my husband off at work, that maybe like-minded people with money to burn can start up an independent league of sorts, where the game is played as it was decades ago. Tobacco and beer allowed, no steroids or poppers. And, then grow the league. I'm all for it.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 05:34 PM
I almost wonder if Cabrera was picked up primarily as insurance in case Moose had to go on the DL again.

That or possibly to block Stl or Philly or SD from getting him? I don't know all the rules on that. Kinsm would have to explain that for me.

Tony Cloninger
09-01-2021, 05:53 PM
If Bob C was dictating Suarez start would it not be for RH too? Guess it’s good that he doesn’t tell them to sit India for Moose more often. I just think they hope one of them gets on a hot streak so it’s easier to trade one of them ASAP.

TexasRedsFan
09-01-2021, 05:57 PM
I'm ok with Suarez starting tonight. He still hits the ball out of the ballpark with more frequency than our other 3B options. Yeah he's looked like a lost cause most of the year, but I still hold out hope that he's capable of turning it around to some extent and getting a few more timely hits (like the double earlier today).

Aquino's presence bothers me a lot more. Especially now with DeShields available, he's just a liability that should be off the roster. Now please go hit 3 HRs tonight, Aristides, and make me look like an idiot!

JohnnyBench5
09-01-2021, 06:14 PM
Reds suck...September swoon in full effect..that is all...damn teasers...grrr

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NebraskaRed
09-01-2021, 06:15 PM
Old friend Noe Ramirez is trying to give the Padres a win. 6-3 D-backs (for now).

Tom Servo
09-01-2021, 06:43 PM
leadoff HR. Unbelievable. 5 straight games falling behind in the first.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 06:44 PM

Now it is a pattern. A bad pattern.

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 06:44 PM
Before Winker went down, IIRC the offense was rolling. But now, the Cardinals have turned it on. They can hit.

Wonderful Monds
09-01-2021, 06:45 PM
FCB can already barely contain himself over on the main board lol

Big Klu
09-01-2021, 06:46 PM

I have never really been one to complain about the ballpark, but this is getting ridiculous. There is no way that should have been a home run.

KronoRed
09-01-2021, 06:46 PM
I thought we were going to stop doing this fall behind stuff, someone get the paddle.

Tom Servo
09-01-2021, 06:47 PM
FCB can already barely contain himself over on the main board lol
If the Cards do make the playoffs or finish ahead of us he can call scoreboard. But yeah he was already crowning the division to the Cardinals back in May, so...

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 06:49 PM
I didn't realize that the Cardinals have shelled Gray in both of his outings. :(
0-2 10.11 ERA

Wonderful Monds
09-01-2021, 06:49 PM
If I were a Reds pitcher, I would simply stop giving up home runs to the Cardinals

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 06:50 PM
India and the team needed that.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 06:52 PM
Terrible AB by Tyler.

NebraskaRed
Yes!

OldFashionedRed
Alright, Cast! We need more of where that came from! 2-1 Reds

coryfly
09-01-2021, 06:53 PM
Nice. Really need this one obviously. Maybe Gray can shut them down for 6 or so now.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 06:53 PM
Casty blinking lights.

Wonderful Monds
09-01-2021, 06:54 PM
I hope the reds hit more home runs than the cardinals

mhs95_06

They got him for an expanded roster pinch hitter.

OldFashionedRed
Pitching around Joey to get to Euzero.

kaldaniels
09-01-2021, 06:55 PM
That HR by Cast was effortless.

NebraskaRed
09-01-2021, 06:55 PM
They got him for an expanded roster pinch hitter.

I'm not saying Cabrera is any kind of solution to the Reds' problems, but they already gave him one start, so they seem like they're going to use him for more than that.

coryfly
09-01-2021, 06:56 PM
They keep thinking one of these hits is going to make Saurez right. Just don't think it's happening. But that will work regardless.

NebraskaRed
Geno! Just like all of us expected.

Tom Servo
Geno! :jump:

OldFashionedRed
When Joey walked, I had this feeling that Suarez was due.

Big Klu
Castellanos has tied Bo Diaz for ninth place among players of Hispanic heritage on the Reds all-time home run list.

1. Tony Pérez [🇨🇺] - 287
2. Eugenio Suárez [🇻🇪] - 181
3. Dave Concepción [🇻🇪] - 101
4. Leo Cárdenas [🇨🇺] - 72
5. Edwin Encarnación [🇩🇴] - 71
6. Wily Mo Peña [🇩🇴] - 54
7. César Gerónimo [🇩🇴] - 44
8. Felipe López [🇵🇷] - 41
9. Bo Díaz [🇻🇪] - 39
9. Nick Castellanos [🇺🇸/🇨🇺] - 39

11. Javier Valentín [🇵🇷] - 34
12. César Cedeño [🇩🇴] - 30
13. Aristides Aquino [🇩🇴] - 29
14. Mariano Duncan [🇩🇴] - 28
14. José Peraza [🇻🇪] - 28
16. José Guillén [🇩🇴] - 27
17. Juan Castro [🇲🇽] - 25
18. Ramón Hernández [🇻🇪] - 24
19. Eduardo Pérez [🇺🇸/🇵🇷] - 23
20. Yasiel Puig [🇨🇺] - 22

21. Alex Ochoa [🇺🇸/🇨🇺] - 20
22. Luis Quiñones [🇵🇷] - 19
22. Benito Santiago [🇵🇷] - 19
22. D'Angelo Jiménez [🇩🇴] - 19
22. Alex González [🇻🇪] - 19
26. Juan Encarnación [🇩🇴] - 16
27. Jerry Hairston, Jr. [🇺🇸/🇲🇽] - 14
28. Miguel Cairo [🇻🇪] - 13
29. Roberto Kelly [🇵🇦] - 12
29. Freddy Galvis [🇻🇪] - 12

31. José Iglesias [🇨🇺] - 11
32. Rubén Rivera [🇵🇦] - 10
33. Tony Fernández [🇩🇴] - 8
34. Jacob Cruz [🇺🇸/🇲🇽] - 7
35. Carmelo Martínez [🇵🇷] - 6
35. Bronson Arroyo [🇺🇸/🇨🇺] - 6
35. Kristopher Negrón [🇺🇸/🇵🇷] - 6
38. Dolf Luque [🇨🇺] - 5
38. Héctor Cruz [🇵🇷] - 5
38. Rubén Mateo [🇩🇴] - 5
38. Édgar Rentería [🇨🇴] - 5
38. Juan Francisco [🇩🇴] - 5
38. Yonder Alonso [🇨🇺] - 5
38. Brayan Peña [🇨🇺] - 5
38. Iván DeJesús, Jr. [🇵🇷] - 5
38. Dilson Herrera [🇨🇴] - 5

47. Juan Samuel [🇩🇴] - 4
47. Adam Rosales [🇺🇸/🇲🇽] - 4
47. Orlando Cabrera [🇨🇴] - 4
47. Ramón Cabrera [🇻🇪] - 4
51. Rafael Almeida [🇨🇺] - 3
51. Tony González [🇨🇺] - 3
51. Dave Martinez [🇺🇸/🇵🇷] - 3
51. Roberto Petagine [🇻🇪] - 3
51. Jolbert Cabrera [🇨🇴] - 3

56. Elio Chacón [🇻🇪] - 2
56. Chico Ruiz [🇨🇺] - 2
56. Pat Corrales [🇺🇸/🇲🇽] - 2
56. Julián Javier [🇩🇴] - 2
56. Alex Treviño [🇲🇽] - 2
56. José Rijo [🇩🇴] - 2
56. Rubén Sierra [🇵🇷] - 2
56. Melvin Nieves [🇵🇷] - 2
56. Guillermo García [🇩🇴] - 2
56. Ray Olmedo [🇻🇪] - 2
56. Dioner Navarro [🇻🇪] - 2
56. Ramón Santiago [🇩🇴] - 2
56. Alex Blandino [🇺🇸/🇳🇮] - 2

69. Armando Marsans [🇨🇺] - 1
69. Manuel Cueto [🇨🇺] - 1
69. Arturo DeFreites [🇩🇴] - 1
69. Sam Mejías [🇩🇴] - 1
69. Rafael Landestoy [🇩🇴] - 1
69. Mario Soto [🇩🇴] - 1
69. Leo García [🇩🇴] - 1
69. Freddie Benavides [🇺🇸/🇲🇽] - 1
69. Wilton Guerrero [🇩🇴] - 1
69. Jorge Cantú [🇺🇸/🇲🇽] - 1
69. Willy Taveras [🇩🇴] - 1
69. Chris Dominguez [🇺🇸/🇨🇺] - 1
69. Arismendy Alcántara [🇩🇴] - 1
69. Tony Cruz [🇺🇸/🇨🇺] - 1
69. Gabriel Guerrero [🇩🇴] - 1

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 06:57 PM
Geno more blinking lights.....

REDREAD
Bell is a genius for starting Geno :)

Kc61
Sadak called Geno a superstar and he homered. Geno that is. Apparently.

Um, a double?

Wonderful Monds
I hope the reds hit more home runs than the cardinals

thank you reds

Powder River
Alright, Cast! We need more of where that came from! 2-1 Reds

My god if this guys leaves at the end of the year and the Reds do their usual, do nothing to replace because they’re too cheap, this lineup is going to be in real trouble.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 06:58 PM
Bell is a genius for starting Geno :)

And we are all idiots.:)

coryfly
Not going to be a HR and will probably screw us because Votto won't score maybe??

Tom Servo
Really need Good Sonny today, cheap Edman HR be damned

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 06:59 PM
Sadak called Geno a superstar and he homered. Geno that is. Apparently.

I admit coughing and looking the other way when he said that. :lol:

NebraskaRed
Umpires just did that to crush Geno's spirt some more.

Tom Servo
baseball is stupid actually I just decided

TexasRedsFan
09-01-2021, 07:00 PM
Dang. 2 more inches would've been 2 more runs.

coryfly
09-01-2021, 07:00 PM
Have to at least get one more here or it would be pretty deflating.

Wonderful Monds
09-01-2021, 07:01 PM
So I just refreshed gameday, and in probably the most Suarez turn of events possible, they have somehow deducted runs from the Reds

WHA HAPPEN???????

NebraskaRed
Farmer is history's greatest monster (until he has another good game and then he's history's greatest hero)

KeefeCato

Yeah hopefully they aren't stranded. Farmer pops out 2 out.

TexasRedsFan
09-01-2021, 07:02 PM
So I just refreshed gameday, and in probably the most Suarez turn of events possible, they have somehow deducted runs from the Reds

WHA HAPPEN???????

Hit the top of the yellow line, so they reversed it.

onehand
09-01-2021, 07:03 PM

That ball disappeared from view. The fans to the left saw it hit beyond the yellow. MLB NY hates the Reds.

dakota42
Sometimes it feels like we are cursed.:eek:

NebraskaRed
We need some Zapruder film-style analysis of Geno's home run hit.

Wonderful Monds
09-01-2021, 07:05 PM
I hope the reds foul a ball into the umpires testicles

TexasRedsFan
That ball disappeared from view. The fans to the left saw it hit beyond the yellow. MLB NY hates the Reds.

Sadly, it looked like the right call in slow-mo.

OldFashionedRed
Kyle is 24-100 for .240 AVG 2 HR 14 RBI, and .260 OBP in the month of August.

NebraskaRed
09-01-2021, 07:06 PM

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ZEYGor-lkg3xn1mFTfdBJyYuyHE=/0x0:2000x1317/1200x800/filters:focal(1000x319:1320x639)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/57331323/stone1.0.jpg

OldFashionedRed
Anyone else get a buffering issue where it showed Deshields walking to first to load the bases?

onehand
Sadly, it looked like the right call in slow-mo.

Laws of physics... ball traveling out hits the top of a horizontal surface and reversed direction???

NebraskaRed
09-01-2021, 07:08 PM
Geno hits a double in the first game, is replaced with a pinch runner, Reds don't score, Reds lose.

Geno hits a double in the second game, stays in the game, Reds don't score. Reds....?

Tom Servo
In my heart it’s 4-1 Reds

TexasRedsFan

Just needed to be a little more back and to the left.

Wonderful Monds
09-01-2021, 07:09 PM
In my heart it’s 4-1 Reds

#stopthesteal

kaldaniels
That was a meatball to DDS.

BCubb2003
It wouldn’t cost that much for ballparks to have a couple high-def cameras pointed along the outfield wall.

NebraskaRed
09-01-2021, 07:10 PM
Whatever we think of the home run/double call, I think we can all agree that the umpires made the right call in saying that Votto would not have made it from first to home.

TexasRedsFan
09-01-2021, 07:11 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ZEYGor-lkg3xn1mFTfdBJyYuyHE=/0x0:2000x1317/1200x800/filters:focal(1000x319:1320x639)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/57331323/stone1.0.jpg

Newman photo bomb!

NebraskaRed
09-01-2021, 07:12 PM
Bob Nightengale
@BNightengale

Jake Arrieta will pitch Friday against the #Astros, #Padres manager Jayce Tingler says.

Hopefully this is good news for the Reds

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent inning by Gray.

Tom Servo
09-01-2021, 07:14 PM
Let’s get more real HRs and less fake ones

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 07:16 PM
I absolutely love it when pitchers find ways to get on base. Just huge.

Big Klu
09-01-2021, 07:17 PM
Newman photo bomb!

There WAS a second spitter!

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 07:19 PM
Whatever we think of the home run/double call, I think we can all agree that the umpires made the right call in saying that Votto would not have made it from first to home.

It wouldn't shock me had they said "Suarez goes to second, Votto stays on first". :evil:

Big Klu
09-01-2021, 07:19 PM
I absolutely love it when pitchers find ways to get on base. Just huge.

Which is why it will be a sad day if the DH ever takes root in the NL.

TexasRedsFan
09-01-2021, 07:20 PM
I still don't understand how the oven mitts are legal. Gives you a bit more reach to the bases.

coryfly
Another 'have to get some runs' situation here.

Reds Fanatic
Bases loaded no outs

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 07:21 PM
Which is why it will be a sad day if the DH ever takes root in the NL.

Manfred just can't help himself from making unnecessary changes to the game. It's going to be the DH, and automated strike zone before soon. I hate that.

Wonderful Monds
09-01-2021, 07:22 PM
A grand slam here would be preferable to a -2 run home run

Larry Schuler
This game feels more fun for some reason.

Wonderful Monds
Manfred just can't help himself from making unnecessary changes to the game. It's going to be the DH, and automated strike zone before soon. I hate that.

The automated strike zone is extremely good, and I kind of don’t mind the DH these days either

BCubb2003
I still don't understand how the oven mitts are legal. Gives you a bit more reach to the bases.

I used to think that too, then I thought about how big the fielders’ gloves are. Kind of evens out.

Big Klu

Chris Welsh once said that if the "oven mitts" had been around when he was playing, he would have used one that was 90' long!

Wonderful Monds
This game feels more fun for some reason.

It’s probably just gas

Reds Fanatic
09-01-2021, 07:24 PM
Grand slam!!!!!

coryfly
Heck yeah, Castellanos. That will help.

Ironman92
BOOM [emoji95] goes the dynamite

OldFashionedRed
WOW!!!! Cast grand slam to make it 6-1. It looks like they woke up, maybe??? No doubt Bell told them to just go out there and play ball.

I don’t think they need to review that one.

Larry Schuler
If the Reds score 10 runs in this game, I think they're allowed to transfer some runs to the last 4 games. I remember reading about it in a website for baseball.

Reds Fanatic
09-01-2021, 07:25 PM
I am not sure what is going on now

coryfly
What is this all about here?

Wonderful Monds
A grand slam here would be preferable to a -2 run home run

I’m like the Bobby Fisher of baseball, just an absolute strategic mastermind over here

TheBigLebowski

Reds Fanatic
Cardinals are garbage

Larry Schuler
Didn't FCB say Castellanos was corkin'?

The Cardinal Way

Red Raindog
09-01-2021, 07:26 PM
Cardinals are garbage

Whiny birds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 07:26 PM
They may have seen something. The bat???? Was the bat broken before the pitch? If so, they might make him swing again. Or call him out? Hopefully not.

09-01-2021, 07:27 PM
It seems Mike Schildt learned a thing or two from LaRussa

Wonderful Monds
The Cardinal Way

I guess someone in the Cards dugout forgot to put down the “don’t give up a grand slam” sign

TexasRedsFan
If anything, it seems like that bat would make it harder to hit a homer, missing a chunk off the barrel.

Redsfan5
Bay Gate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ky Fried Redleg
09-01-2021, 07:28 PM
The Cards are soon to be Happ(less).

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 07:28 PM
That ump looks like the lovechild of Larussa and Lou Ferrigno.

Ky Fried Redleg
09-01-2021, 07:29 PM
God the Cardinals suck balls.

09-01-2021, 07:30 PM
Brandon Phillips was right about the Cardinals

NebraskaRed
Every once in a while, the Cardinals give me yet another reason to hate them. Very dependable in that way.

Big Klu
Castellanos has passed Bo Diaz for ninth place among players of Hispanic heritage on the Reds all-time home run list.

1. Tony Pérez [🇨🇺] - 287
2. Eugenio Suárez [🇻🇪] - 181
3. Dave Concepción [🇻🇪] - 101
4. Leo Cárdenas [🇨🇺] - 72
5. Edwin Encarnación [🇩🇴] - 71
6. Wily Mo Peña [🇩🇴] - 54
7. César Gerónimo [🇩🇴] - 44
8. Felipe López [🇵🇷] - 41
9. Nick Castellanos [🇺🇸/🇨🇺] - 40
10. Bo Díaz [🇻🇪] - 39

11. Javier Valentín [🇵🇷] - 34
12. César Cedeño [🇩🇴] - 30
13. Aristides Aquino [🇩🇴] - 29
14. Mariano Duncan [🇩🇴] - 28
14. José Peraza [🇻🇪] - 28
16. José Guillén [🇩🇴] - 27
17. Juan Castro [🇲🇽] - 25
18. Ramón Hernández [🇻🇪] - 24
19. Eduardo Pérez [🇺🇸/🇵🇷] - 23
20. Yasiel Puig [🇨🇺] - 22

21. Alex Ochoa [🇺🇸/🇨🇺] - 20
22. Luis Quiñones [🇵🇷] - 19
22. Benito Santiago [🇵🇷] - 19
22. D'Angelo Jiménez [🇩🇴] - 19
22. Alex González [🇻🇪] - 19
26. Juan Encarnación [🇩🇴] - 16
27. Jerry Hairston, Jr. [🇺🇸/🇲🇽] - 14
28. Miguel Cairo [🇻🇪] - 13
29. Roberto Kelly [🇵🇦] - 12
29. Freddy Galvis [🇻🇪] - 12

31. José Iglesias [🇨🇺] - 11
32. Rubén Rivera [🇵🇦] - 10
33. Tony Fernández [🇩🇴] - 8
34. Jacob Cruz [🇺🇸/🇲🇽] - 7
35. Carmelo Martínez [🇵🇷] - 6
35. Bronson Arroyo [🇺🇸/🇨🇺] - 6
35. Kristopher Negrón [🇺🇸/🇵🇷] - 6
38. Dolf Luque [🇨🇺] - 5
38. Héctor Cruz [🇵🇷] - 5
38. Rubén Mateo [🇩🇴] - 5
38. Édgar Rentería [🇨🇴] - 5
38. Juan Francisco [🇩🇴] - 5
38. Yonder Alonso [🇨🇺] - 5
38. Brayan Peña [🇨🇺] - 5
38. Iván DeJesús, Jr. [🇵🇷] - 5
38. Dilson Herrera [🇨🇴] - 5

47. Juan Samuel [🇩🇴] - 4
47. Adam Rosales [🇺🇸/🇲🇽] - 4
47. Orlando Cabrera [🇨🇴] - 4
47. Ramón Cabrera [🇻🇪] - 4
51. Rafael Almeida [🇨🇺] - 3
51. Tony González [🇨🇺] - 3
51. Dave Martinez [🇺🇸/🇵🇷] - 3
51. Roberto Petagine [🇻🇪] - 3
51. Jolbert Cabrera [🇨🇴] - 3

56. Elio Chacón [🇻🇪] - 2
56. Chico Ruiz [🇨🇺] - 2
56. Pat Corrales [🇺🇸/🇲🇽] - 2
56. Julián Javier [🇩🇴] - 2
56. Alex Treviño [🇲🇽] - 2
56. José Rijo [🇩🇴] - 2
56. Rubén Sierra [🇵🇷] - 2
56. Melvin Nieves [🇵🇷] - 2
56. Guillermo García [🇩🇴] - 2
56. Ray Olmedo [🇻🇪] - 2
56. Dioner Navarro [🇻🇪] - 2
56. Ramón Santiago [🇩🇴] - 2
56. Alex Blandino [🇺🇸/🇳🇮] - 2

69. Armando Marsans [🇨🇺] - 1
69. Manuel Cueto [🇨🇺] - 1
69. Arturo DeFreites [🇩🇴] - 1
69. Sam Mejías [🇩🇴] - 1
69. Rafael Landestoy [🇩🇴] - 1
69. Mario Soto [🇩🇴] - 1
69. Leo García [🇩🇴] - 1
69. Freddie Benavides [🇺🇸/🇲🇽] - 1
69. Wilton Guerrero [🇩🇴] - 1
69. Jorge Cantú [🇺🇸/🇲🇽] - 1
69. Willy Taveras [🇩🇴] - 1
69. Chris Dominguez [🇺🇸/🇨🇺] - 1
69. Arismendy Alcántara [🇩🇴] - 1
69. Tony Cruz [🇺🇸/🇨🇺] - 1
69. Gabriel Guerrero [🇩🇴] - 1

Dawink
Brandon Phillips was right about the Cardinals

You ain’t lying dude!! *****es

TexasRedsFan
That ump looks like the lovechild of Larussa and Lou Ferrigno.

Thanks, now I'll never get that image out of my head. :laugh:

So much for not hitting lefties.

coryfly
09-01-2021, 07:31 PM
What a massive group of losers

George Foster
That much wood gone can affect the weight if the length of the bat requires a specific weight. It's all moot now.

KeefeCato
Chris Welch love the Ladrunk comment he and Larkin brought up about him maybe leaving notes and the Cardinal way.

Wonderful Monds
Man I should be watching this live, what’d these crybabies do now

Red Raindog
52 pitches and no outs in the 2nd!

And Happ is gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NebraskaRed
Win this game and them sweep them in the next series and bury the Cardinals' playoff chances for good.

coryfly
09-01-2021, 07:32 PM
Wish Votto would talk crap to him while he is out there getting Happ.

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 07:32 PM
I'd like to see the OBP's for the top 4-5 guys up in the .380'ish range.

Reds Fanatic
09-01-2021, 07:33 PM
Man I should be watching this live, what’d these crybabies do now

Cards try to claim the bat is illegal because it is notched. Castellanos can bring the house down if he homers again with a non notched bat

Ky Fried Redleg
Happless Redbirds!!!

KeefeCato
This BS about Castellanos bat all come back to him posing in front of there garbage relief pitcher earlier in the season.

Wonderful Monds
09-01-2021, 07:34 PM
Cards try to claim the bat is illegal because it is notched. Castellanos can bring the house down if he homers again with a non notched bat

Jesus

Dawink
09-01-2021, 07:34 PM
So let’s wait to look at the bat AFTER the second homerun he hits with it. SMH and some People cannot understand why we don’t love the Cardinals and their fans. Again my biggest pain of the Reds playing the Cards is that I live in Mo. and I have to listen to their biased announcers. They were honestly laughing and saying this could be huge if you take off the grand slam. “You can’t use that bat it changes the ounces”. No kidding part of the bat is gone and it changes the ounces. Good Lord I hate them.

mhs95_06
09-01-2021, 07:35 PM
The automated strike zone is extremely good, and I kind of don’t mind the DH these days either

I think they should have a designated fielder that doesn't hit but pitchers, or pinch hitters, hit in their spot.

BCubb2003
09-01-2021, 07:35 PM
Castellanos could have hit that homer with a souvenir minibat.

George Foster
09-01-2021, 07:37 PM
Normally....if a guy has hit 2 HRs in the same game with the same bat....he ain't giving it away. Now maybe on deck the kid said, "hit a grandslam." Nick said, " partner if I hit a grandslam I'll give you this bat."

Alabama Red
09-01-2021, 07:38 PM
That wasn’t a nasty pitch. It was an awful pitch a 18 inches off the plate that Suarez guessed on.

Stray
09-01-2021, 07:39 PM
Run it up on them

Dawink
Quick somebody check Farmers bat!! STAT

TexasRedsFan
Man, the ball is flying tonight! I hope this long inning doesn't throw Sonny off his pace.

Powel Crosley
I like the way this game is going.

Wonderful Monds
lmao!!!!!!

Redsfan5
Hey Cards you want check his bat

OldFashionedRed
I really hope this means the offense is back.

JCM11
Farmer going oppo? Better check that bat:)

KeefeCato
SUCK IT CARDINAL WAY. FARMER bomb 8-1 pour it on these clowns.

Big Klu
OK, that home run to RF was legit.

#farmersonly

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 07:40 PM
Does Aquino have a problem down there :D

George Foster
Why is Farmer still playing SS and not the rookie?

coryfly
Love it from Farmer but really wish he would have mouthed off to their dugout, lol. My background with playing so much basketball wants them to talk smack.

TexasRedsFan
This BS about Castellanos bat all come back to him posing in front of there garbage relief pitcher earlier in the season.

I've got a feeling he's gonna get plunked before this one's over.

NebraskaRed
09-01-2021, 07:41 PM

Now that it's a blowout, that's looking more and more likely.

OldFashionedRed
I like that thinking. Two straight wild pitches now. :laugh:

Wonderful Monds

Benches gonna clear quickly if that happens

KeefeCato

Then Goldy needs to go down and down hard if so.

TexasRedsFan
09-01-2021, 07:42 PM
Love it from Farmer but really wish he would have mouthed off to their dugout, lol. My background with playing so much basketball wants them to talk smack.

He should've gone over there and offered the bat to Schildt just to rub it in.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 07:43 PM
Hope this long half inning doesn't mess with Gray.

Dawink

And if he does then a call to our bullpen to tell Garret “hey you have had a down season, wanna make up for part of it, toss this off either Goldschmidt or Yadiers ummm shoulder blade”

coryfly
He should've gone over there and offered it to Schildt just to rub it in.

Exactly. That is just what I want to see.

KeefeCato
09-01-2021, 07:44 PM
And if he does then a call to our bullpen to tell Garret “hey you have had a down season, wanna make up for part of it, toss this off either Goldschmidt or Yadiers ummm shoulder blade”

That is one thing Garrett would do as long as he could hit the target.

Alabama Red
09-01-2021, 07:45 PM

Smack talking hasn’t worked out so well for our former hoops player in the bullpen.

Reds Fanatic
I have a feeling this Schildt thing may just be the poke this team needed to get them fired up and rolling again

Dawink
That is one thing Garrett would do as long as he could hit the target.

Good grief you are right! Lol he might miss like Lalouche (sp) in Bull Durham.

Tom Servo
Now that it's a blowout, that's looking more and more likely.

No lead is safe!

Dawink
09-01-2021, 07:46 PM
I have a feeling this Schildt thing may just be the poke this team needed to get them fired up and rolling again

The last time something like this happened with the Cardinals and Castellanos I think we gelled a bit. This one might just galvanize us!

TheBigLebowski
09-01-2021, 07:47 PM
Put Garrett in to PH, have him take 3 pitches then handle this business

Ky Fried Redleg
09-01-2021, 07:47 PM
I would like to see AG make an appearence for one batter tonight. And then head to the Cardinals dugout for some fisticuffs He's not going to get anyone out but maybe he can knock someone out.

coryfly
09-01-2021, 07:48 PM
Smack talking hasn’t worked out so well for our former hoops player in the bullpen.

It definitely has not worked for him.

Would prefer someone like Votto to walk over there and do it.

Ky Fried Redleg
09-01-2021, 07:49 PM
Put Garrett in to PH, have him take 3 pitches then handle this business

Reading my mind, TBL. We need to see a short appearence by Mr. Garrett.

TexasRedsFan
09-01-2021, 07:50 PM
I'm a little worried with the long wait and a huge lead that Sonny may lose focus.

Tom Servo
09-01-2021, 07:50 PM
I'm a little worried with the long wait and a huge lead that Sonny may lose focus.
good vibes only

NebraskaRed
09-01-2021, 07:52 PM
Sadak needs to chill with the "comfortable lead" talk right now

Reds Fanatic
09-01-2021, 07:53 PM
9-1 Reds

Redsfan5
Yes yes yes

coryfly
Love it. Keep it up and make it hurt for these losers.

TexasRedsFan
Doesn't Delino Jr. look a lot like Phil Ervin? Almost thought it was Phil when I first saw him.

Stray
This is awesome

mhs95_06
09-01-2021, 07:54 PM
Ill advised decision to try for 3rd!

Ky Fried Redleg
09-01-2021, 07:55 PM
LOVE having someone with speed!!!!

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 07:55 PM
I like what they said about the body language. The guys are smiling, cutting up again. That's infectious.

Tom Servo
09-01-2021, 07:56 PM
Sonny not bringing the runner in…for shame

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 07:56 PM
LOVE having someone with speed!!!!

That explains it all. :lol:

Kc61
09-01-2021, 07:57 PM
Feel pretty good about this lead.

With the recent bullpen additions and all.

KeefeCato
Keep a eye on Gray. Long Long half inning. Hope it doesn't affect him.

TexasRedsFan
Feel pretty good about this lead.

With the recent bullpen additions and all.

Helps to only have 5 more innings to cover too.

kaldaniels
I wish I were a reporter at the post-game presser.

My first question to Schlidt would be “Why are you such a b——, Mike?”

I mean seriously. Is it something in the water in St. Louis?

OldFashionedRed
09-01-2021, 07:58 PM
I admit that it would have been hard for me to hang around and watch the second game, but boy oh boy did anyone who left after the first game miss out.

Stray
09-01-2021, 07:59 PM
the longest half inning ever

kaldaniels
09-01-2021, 07:59 PM
the longest half inning ever

Hoping for a walk to Tyler…

Reds Fanatic
09-01-2021, 08:00 PM
Wow what a catch

Stray
09-01-2021, 08:00 PM
Bummer. I was hoping for a walk to get Cast up again with em loaded.