PDA

View Full Version : Easiest Parking???

A2000
06-05-2003, 10:17 AM
Coming in from Lexington.....

1.Get off at 5th St. Covington exit and park close to suspension bridge and walk across? Madison Ave?

2. Get off at 5th St.Covington exit and go down to Newport Levee and walk across?

3. Easier way to Newport Levee?

4. Take my chances on crossing the bridge and parking downtown cincy?

Thanks!!

creek14
06-05-2003, 10:19 AM
Seems lots of people here park at Fountain Sq.

ballgame16
06-05-2003, 10:22 AM
There is a shuttle that runs from hooters that is very popular and also theres is a ferry that runs from hooters that practically lets you off at the back gate, but if you like the walk, the best walk would be from Newport. To park downtown you are going to pay about ten bucks. I hope this helps. Enjoy the game.:D :D :thumbup:

Reds1
06-05-2003, 10:29 AM
We go to the Raddison. Park for free and take the shuttle for .50.
Easy and fun! We are lazy. :roll:

guernsey
06-05-2003, 10:31 AM
There's a pedestrian bridge (The Purple People Bridge!) that goes from the Levee to about 6 blocks east of the GAB.

A2000
06-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Is there an easy way to the Levee, Fountain Sq, or Radison? Any lots around the susp. bridge?

Reds1
06-05-2003, 10:35 AM
The Raddison is too far to walk. If you take the shuttle it drops you off right in front of GAB. The Raddison is a huge round hotel off of exit 192.

guernsey
06-05-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by A2000
Is there an easy way to the Levee, Fountain Sq, or Radison? Any lots around the susp. bridge?

If you take I471(?) north from I275, get off at the last exit before the Ohio River. You will be about 3 blocks from the Levee.

macro
06-05-2003, 10:44 AM
Can you park for free at the Raddison even if you don't have a room there?

creek14
06-05-2003, 10:45 AM
Or you could do what I did. Break your leg and ankle so badly that you have a handicap placard, then you get to park in the GAB garage with the players. :evilgrin:

Reds1
06-05-2003, 10:47 AM
Last time I went I was staying at the Raddison, but there is no ticket to put in your car or nothing so it's not checked. They have lots of spots. I wouldn't advertise you weren't staying there, but I think it's ok.

macro
06-05-2003, 10:55 AM
Thanks, Reds1. :thumbup:

creek, I looked at the parking map at the Reds web site, and it just noted that one or two locations were handicapped drop-off locations or something like that. Is that not correct? So you're saying that you get to park in the garage? How much does it cost? My wife is very pregnant and not very mobile, and she has been granted one of those tags until little Austin gets here.

creek14
06-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Reds1
Last time I went I was staying at the Readdison, but there is no ticket to put in your car or nothing so it's not checked. They have lots of spots. I wouldn't advertise you weren't staying there, but I think it's ok.

There are a lot of places you can park around Covington and take the TANK ($.50 shuttle) of which Reds1 speaks. There is a stop in front of Willie's (park in Willie's lot, easy on and off from 75), the hotel just down the street from Willie's (forget the name) in front of the Marrott and Embasy Suites by the river, and there is a main terminal in downtown Covington (boy that's an oxymoron) where you pay a buck to park and 50 cents to ride. Very nice.

guernsey
06-05-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by macro
So you're saying that you get to park in the garage? How much does it cost? My wife is very pregnant and not very mobile, and she has been granted one of those tags until little Austin gets here.

Yeah, I park in that garage, too. You have to show your handicapped placard to get in. The cost is $10.

creek14
06-05-2003, 10:58 AM
Thanks, Reds1. :thumbup:

creek, I looked at the parking map at the Reds web site, and it just noted that one or two locations were handicapped drop-off locations or something like that. Is that not correct? So you're saying that you get to park in the garage? How much does it cost? My wife is very pregnant and not very mobile, and she has been granted one of those tags until little Austin gets here.
Yep, you can park in the garage. They see the tag and wave you right in. It's $10 :eek: but there are very easy entrances to the park, no lines, just walk right in. And if you waste a little time post game, you get to see all the boys drive out in their fine rides (park on the ground level for that.)

Hey TD, that sounds like a plan for Friday post game. :evilgrin:

And congrats on the upcoming event, but I think the name Adam would be a better choice... ;)

macro
06-05-2003, 11:01 AM
Thanks, folks!

By the way, creek, I noticed the Dunn cleavage is gone! I'm payin' tribute to Sammy for a day or two.

creek14
06-05-2003, 11:06 AM
By the way, creek, I noticed the Dunn cleavage is gone! I'm payin' tribute to Sammy for a day or two.
Thanks for ixnaying the Hamilton mug shot!! Me, I'm trying to come to terms with the whole Adam/:smokin: thing. ;)

macro
06-05-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by creek14
And congrats on the upcoming event, but I think the name Adam would be a better choice... ;)

Thank you. And yes, I first brought the name up while watching the Reds. We had struggled so much to come up with a name, and the game showed a shot of Austin as he threw a fly out back into the infield. I yelled into the other room "What about 'Austin' for a name?" My wife said, let me think about it for a day or two, and that became his name.

Boss-Hog
06-05-2003, 12:47 PM
For the past three years, my friends and I have been parking at a lot across from the Bengals practice field right off the 2nd street exit. For night games, it's always been completely free because they don't have an attendent out there. It's about a 10-15 minute walk, but for a poor college student, that beats paying to park any day of the week. :)

GAC
06-05-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by ballgame16
There is a shuttle that runs from hooters

As Al Bundy would say.... "Sign me up!"

Does that shuttle meet at the corner of Big'uns Street and Boobs Ave? :evilgrin:

TeamDunn
06-05-2003, 12:50 PM
It is $1.00 in the Fountain Square garage....other than free that is the bestest! :thumbup:

If nothing else is going on downtown you can get lucky and find a spot on the street.

GAC
06-05-2003, 12:54 PM
If you get down there early enough (which I always do)...the Fountain Square or Westin garages are the best!

TeamDunn
06-05-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by creek14
Hey TD, that sounds like a plan for Friday post game. :evilgrin:

I'm game!!!!!!!!! Can you fake an illness and need mouth to mouth? Just as Adam happens past? Or jump out in his path when he is driving! :lol: :p

06-06-2003, 03:14 AM
I like parking in Newport. You can park at the Travelodge for $3.00 and walk across the bridge and enter the centerfield gate (about a 10 minute walk) or take the tank. It beats the crowded street in front of the ballpark.

Hollcat
06-06-2003, 04:56 AM
Tuesday night we parked in a garage off Race st. between 4th and 5th for $5. It's maybe a 10 minute walk from there. Get off on 5th st in Cincy and go about five blocks or so & turn right on race st. The entrance is just past the stop sign that is in the middle of the block on the right. Leaving the game find your way to 8th street where there is ramp onto I-75 south.
The day game I went to earlier in the year we came around 275 to 471 and I intended to get off at the Newport on the Levee exit but missed it and crossed into Cincy. When I saw sign in downtown for $20 parking I decided to make my way back to Kentucky and parked at the Levee garage for $2 and walked the bridge. That was easier and cheaper but it seemed to be a pretty good walk but of course there is always the .50 shuttle.

Mr Red
06-06-2003, 08:44 AM
My best parking experience ever last night.

Coming up North 471 and took 6th street exit. Drove about 6 blocks into town and cut down to 5th street. Turned left on 5th street pulled into a lot for $10. The best part about it though was that within 5 minutes of getting into to my car I was already out of Cincy and leaving Newport.

creek14
06-06-2003, 09:03 AM
This tread holds a lot of good information. Someone might want to archive it.