PDA

View Full Version : Would you do this trade?

Red Leader
07-03-2003, 11:30 AM
I would trade RP Eddie Guardado and 1B Derrek Lee for OF Carlos Beltran.

Current Roster:

C: Varitek
1B: D. Lee
2B: Durham
3B: A. Ramirez
SS: Garciaparra
OF: L. Gonzalez
OF: B. Giles
OF: R. Klesko
UT: A. Huff
UT: O. Cabrera
UT: G. Jenkins
Bench: J. Gibbons
Bench: S. Green

SP: J. Schmidt
SP: M. Prior
SP: R. Wolf
SP: J. Pineiro
SP: J. Vazquez
RP: K. Foulke
RP: T. Percival
P: E. Guardado
P: C. Vargas

DL: R. Johnson

My team has a LOT of 1B/OF types, but I'm not getting many SB's. Betran would help there. He is also decent for avg, runs, HR and RBI. I would lose Guardado, but could pick up Isringhausen, Julio, or Beck as a replacement if I wanted to keep 3 closers. If I wanted to go with 2 closers, I could pick up J. Beckett, H. Ramirez, or Johan Santana. I think out of all of them, I'd lean toward picking up Santana. Also wanted to ask about my third baseman. I currently have Aramis Ramirez. Do you think I should drop him for Morgan Ensberg, Mark Teixeira, Jose Valentin, or Mark Loretta?

What do you think?

Red Leader
07-03-2003, 01:11 PM
Or how about this one:

I trade: OF Shawn Green, 1B Derrek Lee, 3B Aramis Ramirez, and RP Eddie Guardado

FOR

OF Ichiro Suzuki and OF Bobby Abreu.

The owner I'd be dealing with has D'Angelo Jimenez at 3B, RP Kaz Sasaki, and OF Brian Jordan, and Fred McGriff at 1B, so that is why he'd even consider this trade as he's getting upgrades or replacements at all 3 positions. and getting Shawn Green as a replacement for one of the players he's trading.

Should I do this one. That way I have two spots open to work with. 1 hitter, 1 pitcher. I would HAVE to pick up a 3B as my hitter as I wouldn't have one (Ensberg), and could pick up any pitcher I'd want (Santana) to replace Guardado. My offense would be rediculous:

C Varitek
1B: Klesko
2B: Durham
3B: Ensberg
SS: Nomar
OF: L. Gonzalez
OF: B. Giles
OF: Ichiro
UT: B. Abreu
UT: A. Huff
UT: O. Cabrera
Bench: G. Jenkins

Red Leader
07-03-2003, 01:40 PM
HE ACCEPTED IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I traded OF Shawn Green, 3B Aramis Ramirez, 1B Derrek Lee and RP Eddie Guardado for OF Bobby Abreu and OF Ichiro Suzuki.

WOW. I feel great. I got rid of two players that are so inconsistent it's not funny (Lee, Green) and picked up two players that are STUDS. I can pick up Ensberg to play 3B, who's not a downgrade from Ramirez and I can pick up Santana or Isringhausen for Guardado and I still have Percival / Foulke!!!!

Awesome day for my team, I think.

Red Leader
07-03-2003, 04:56 PM
The trade was accepted. This is my new lineup:

C Varitek
1B Klesko
2B Durham
SS Garciaparra
3B Ensberg
OF B. Giles
OF L. Gonzalez
OF Ichiro
UT B. Abreu
UT A. Huff
UT G. Jenkins
Bench: O Cabrera

SP J. Schmidt
SP M. Prior
SP R. Wolf
SP J. Pineiro
SP J. Vazquez
RP K. Foulke
RP T. Percival
P C. Vargas
P J. Isringhausen

DL R. Johnson

Nice.:thumbup:

I would really like to upgrade at 1B as well but everyone wants Prior / Schmidt + Percival + Klesko for an upgrade at 1st (Delgado, Helton, Giambi)

Johnny Footstool
07-04-2003, 01:54 AM
Good move. Ichiro and Abreu will solve your SB worries in a hurry. Abreu is always money in the second half.