SP Colon
SP Prior
RP Borowski
RP Worrell
P Padilla
P Rivera
P Horacio Ramirez
Bench Livan Hernandez

as free agent pitchers are: Wade Miller, Jeff Suppan, Ryan Franklin, Jeff D'Amico, Josh Fogg, Chris Reitsma, Brandon Lyon, and Rod Beck.

as free agent position players are: Kenny Lofton, Michael Tucker, Moises Alou, Jay Gibbons, Kevin Millar, Shea Hillenbrad and Dimitri Young.

i want to win this league. i know i'm picking up Miller, but i'm not sure who to drop for him; Hernandez or Ramirez.

i also would like people's opinions on wheather or not to pick up anyone else and who to drop.

the stats in my league for hitters are: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG
the stat for pitchers are: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP.
also, it's a head to head league. have at it!

Sabo Fan
07-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Drop Livan Hernandez for Miller.

I'd also be looking frantically for a SS other than Desi Relaford.

Red Leader
07-09-2003, 11:37 PM
DEFINATELY drop Livan and pick up Miller.

As far as position players go, Millar, Alou, Gibbons, and Hillenbrand are better than Choi, and Fick. I put the players I like in order I like them and the players to drop in order I'd drop them.

After you do that, you might want to check around the league and try and trade someone like Ibanez or Everett for a speedster like Posednik or whoever, as it looks like your team is lacking in the SB department and that would help you out there. You have some good boppers on the team to help in HR and RBI. Now you need the R, SB stud.

Also, I'd get Sosa in the starting lineup in Fick's place, and Frank Thomas in Ibanez's place, which I'm sure you already know.

Ravenlord
07-10-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Red Leader
Also, I'd get Sosa in the starting lineup in Fick's place, and Frank Thomas in Ibanez's place, which I'm sure you already know. yeah, what it is is i'm sitting Sosa because in his career against Maddux he's 5 for 25 whereas will be facing Shawn Estes, and though he's never faced him, i have a feeling he'll do well.

also Relaford is my SS because, well, i like him there. and after looking the leagues free agents, the best starting SS availble is Adam Everett. i would say Craig Counsell, but i think Relaford is more productive and i'd like to see how he does coming off the DL too.

and for SB and R, i used to have Corey Patterson...damn MCL or ACL, whatever it is...who are the top base-stealer, run-scoring SS right now?

Red Leader
07-10-2003, 11:14 AM
Renteria and Furcal are the only two SS's ahead of Relaford as far as a steals go. I'd stay put there, and add someone else to Relaford to give you two good SB guys. Also, Hinske steals some bases, but I wouldn't expect more than 7-10 over the second half from him.

Rocco Baldelli, Milton Bradley, Scott Posednik and Luis Castillo would be four guys to consider if you're willing to trade Everett for them. All four will score runs, keep a good batting average and steal bases in the second half. You'd probably only be able to get Castillo if the owner who has him has another 2nd baseman, or if you include Walker in return. Not sure I'd trade Walker and Everett for Castillo, though, especially when Castillo's SB's have slowed over the past month and a half. Juan Pierre, of course, is the king of SB's. I would check with his owner to see who he'd want for him.