11-17-2003, 09:37 PM
Just sayin.

KittyDuran
11-17-2003, 09:42 PM
OK I'll bite - what did SHE do? just be careful around here...:guns:

letsgojunior
11-17-2003, 09:42 PM
What happened Phil?

Did some (moronic) woman not realize that you were a gift to the human race (and the Redszone community)? ;)

KittyDuran
11-17-2003, 09:43 PM
Did some (moronic) woman not realize that you were a gift to the human race (and the Redszone community)?
She probably complained about the small sample size...:lol:

MWM
11-17-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by KittyDuran

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's not something you even joke about Kitty, although I did laugh.

westofyou
11-17-2003, 09:46 PM
That's why you should date women.

Girls are busy with horses, ribbons and after school activities like Girl Scouts or gymnastics.

Raisor
11-17-2003, 09:48 PM
To make a short story long...

I've decided to become asexual from now on. I may eventually bud to create an offspring, but that's it.

MWM
11-17-2003, 09:52 PM
This is just additional confirmation that I made the right decision to get married at 21 years and 2 months. No more games for me.

westofyou
11-17-2003, 09:57 PM
I may eventually bud to create an offspring, but that's it.

If you try "real" hard you might be able to divide cells.

21 years and 2 months

Now that's 1950's young..................... me I waited till I was past 35.

Raisor
11-17-2003, 09:58 PM
OK, here's the deal.

I've got a small core group of friends (they're all baseball fans, so that's cool, even if they are Brave fans..gah).

I've made the HUGE mistake of falling for one of these chicks. I told her today, and, unfortunatly, it went pretty much like I thought it would.

I just hope I haven't started a chain of events that somehow gets me sent off to Alaska, where they have no major league baseball.

I'm glad I told her, since I was miserable anyway, but this just opens another big can of worms.

And can I sound anymore like a 12 year old girl?

sheesh.

I think Hagar the Horrible has the right idea, go off for months at a time with his boys, come home every now and then for a little sugar, then back to sea.

westofyou
11-17-2003, 10:03 PM
I'm glad I told her, since I was miserable anyway, but this just opens another big can of worms.

Good for you, the truth will set you free.

Regardless of the direction, you'll be free of the self contained neurosis concerning your feelings.

Raisor
11-17-2003, 10:07 PM
http://www.snoopy.com/comics/peanuts/meet_the_gang/images/meet_charlie_brown_big.gif

Phil Raisor, Blockhead

MWM
11-17-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by westofyou
Now that's 1950's young..................... me I waited till I was past 35.

I didn't plan it that way. Funny thing is, I was one of the guys who said I wouldn't get married until I was at least 30. I had plenty of oats that needed sown.

Turns out I met my wife a little more than a year after high school. We dated for about 18 months. The last 6 months of that was a long-distance relationship. I lived here, she lived in San Diego. We knew we wanted to get married, so we figured why wait. We talked about it regularly, and we realized the only reason we weren't getting married was because we were supposedly too young according to modern day culture. So we got married anyway. I think we were both fairly mature for our age.

It was the right decision. It's 8.5 years now and we've not regretted it once. We've got three children and we're not 30 yet. When people are surprised, we just tell them we're planning for our retirement. Our youngest child will be out of the house by the time we are 46.

Marriage is about marrying the right person for the right reason more than the timing, IMO. If I wouldn't have met my wife when I did, I might still be single.

Ravenlord
11-17-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by MWM
Marriage is about marrying the right person for the right reason more than the timing, IMO. If I wouldn't have met my wife when I did, I might still be single. yep...i proposed to LadyRaven when she was still 17, and i was just barely 18. now we need money...

GIK
11-17-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Ravenlord
yep...i proposed to LadyRaven when she was still 17, and i was just barely 18. now we need money...

:lol:

westofyou
11-17-2003, 10:20 PM
Marriage is about marrying the right person for the right reason more than the timing, IMO. If I wouldn't have met my wife when I did, I might still be single.

I agree, my wife and I have been married five years, but we've been together for 17 years.

Ravenlord
11-17-2003, 10:20 PM
for the wedding you sicko!:p;)

letsgojunior
11-17-2003, 10:31 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that Phil. I can definitely relate.

There are a lot of women out there, though, so don't get down.

We at Redszone don't need you to turn into budding yeast, so keep your chin up.

wheels
11-17-2003, 10:53 PM
Oh man...Don't even get me started.

The thing is, there really is no way to tell what type of guys women are into. I could expound on this, but this is your thread Raisor.

The best and only choice for you is to not beat yourself up over it.

Sometimes I feel like a deaf guy in a record store. All those great records, but no way to listen.

Other times, I feel like I own the record store.

I look at my past relationships, or non relationships, and I get all messed up for a week or so...Then I come out of it and it seems like future is absolutely beautiful. You know what? It actually is. At least that's what it seems like right now.

....Or you could always stage a hunger strike. It worked for me, but now I don't really like her anymore and I wonder about all of those cheeseburgers I passed up.

Whaddaya gonna do?

CougarQuest
11-17-2003, 10:53 PM
I've never realized before this, how many of you guys have your wives looking over your shoulder as you send messages into RedsZone! :lol:

RFS62
11-17-2003, 11:03 PM
Phil,

You're a good man. You had to tell her, not telling her is no way to live. If she doesn't see how cool you are it's her loss.

I know that sounds corny, but it's true.

Hold your head up, man. It took a ton of guts to lay out your feelings like that. Your day will come.

LadyRaven
11-17-2003, 11:08 PM
Raisor, you did the right thing by telling her or else you'd always be wondering about "the one that got away." I haven't really been in many relationships but i do know it's best to be honest to yourself as well as to your partner. You feel like crap right now, I know, but you took a chance and in the process freed yourself. Things aren't going to get worse....only better. :)

cincinnati chili
11-17-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by KittyDuran

that is cold:lol:

Sorry to hear about that Phil. Everything people are saying is true. Just like the Butthole Surfers said, "it's better to regret something you HAVE done than to regret something you HAVEN'T done."

Either she's into you, or your one day closer to finding the person who is.

M2
11-18-2003, 12:04 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Are you trying to tell me there's actual Braves fans?

Guys make things tough on themselves by getting their brain locked in "Gosh, she's pretty" mode, but usually women are sending fairly obvious signals. Simple rule of thumb, if a woman's calling you, IMing you all day, spending hours hanging around talking to you and you alone, she digs you. She's probably told you in so many words if she isn't interested as well.

creek14
11-18-2003, 04:49 AM
Jesh Phil, what else would you expect from a Braves fan?

If she isn't smart enough to be a Reds fan, then she isn't smart enough to recognize what she's missing with you.

Sorry things didn't work out. Hang in there.

And look at the bright side, pitcher and catchers report in about three months.

Raisor
11-18-2003, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by M2
Simple rule of thumb, if a woman's calling you, IMing you all day, spending hours hanging around talking to you and you alone, she digs you.

See, she did all that, well, except for the IMing thing, since they'd take away her computer at work if she did that.

She's also very "touchy" (lots of hugs, using my arm as a pillow (I'm soft and mushy I guess), so that probably got me all discombobulated too.

Plus, she's really really hot.

:hat:

I'm actually not giving up, I'm going to give it some time, then try again in six or seven years.

RollyInRaleigh
11-18-2003, 07:52 AM
Hang in there, Phil. There's one out there, just for you. Maybe put that great "sabre" mind to work and apply it to the dating game. Go after the high OBP girls. A lot of those "toolsy" girls have a tendency to flame out after a few years anyway.;)

GAC
11-18-2003, 07:55 AM
She said something derogatory about Bill James didn't she! :D

Or did she find out that fantasy league you were in had nothing to do with sports? :evilgrin:

GAC
11-18-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by MWM
I didn't plan it that way. Funny thing is, I was one of the guys who said I wouldn't get married until I was at least 30. I had plenty of oats that needed sown.

And as you get older it all turns to oat bran! :roll:

GAC
11-18-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Raisor
OK, here's the deal.

I've got a small core group of friends (they're all baseball fans, so that's cool, even if they are Brave fans..gah).

I've made the HUGE mistake of falling for one of these chicks. I told her today, and, unfortunatly, it went pretty much like I thought it would.

I just hope I haven't started a chain of events that somehow gets me sent off to Alaska, where they have no major league baseball.

And can I sound anymore like a 12 year old girl?

sheesh.

I think Hagar the Horrible has the right idea, go off for months at a time with his boys, come home every now and then for a little sugar, then back to sea.

On the serious side Phil... you probably did the right thing. Or else you may have married her, and ended up like the rest of us men! :evilgrin:

You should have done like George suggested to Jerry on Seinfeld, when Jerry wanted to dump his current GF for her roommate.

Do you remember the advice that George gave Jerry in that episode? :lol:

15fan
11-18-2003, 10:07 AM
You know what your problem is, Phil? You need to move up here to the city. Lotsa pretty ladies who are looking for a guy. Unfortunately for the ladies (and fortunately for you), a good number of the guys are also looking for a guy.

Plus, we have things like paved roads and indoor plumbing.

Fortunately for me, I never had to wonder whether I was with the right lady. Early on, Mrs. fan simply told me that she was the one for me. By then, I'd learned not to argue with her. ;)

RFS62
11-18-2003, 10:32 AM
Phil,

You need to take control back in this situation. Seriously.

You should go up to her today and tell her "Hey babe, never turn on a machine you don't know how to operate".

Now she knows you're interested. You need to be aloof, indifferent, show no weakness, like it didn't hurt at all. Women want what they can't have, and you have to withhold your Philness.

Yeah, I know. That's game playing. But you need to regain your confidence around her and let her know she didn't deal you a death blow. No moving to Alaska for you, mister.

westofyou
11-18-2003, 10:35 AM
Now she knows you're interested. You need to be aloof, indifferent, show no weakness, like it didn't hurt at all.

You bet your butt that's what you have to do.

Why?

Because if it doesn't ever work you'll already have a head start getting on with your life.

Roy Tucker
11-18-2003, 10:54 AM
I have this hanging on my office wall and read it daily.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."

THEODORE ROOSEVELT
(Paris Sorbonne,1910)

Or as golfers say, "never up, never in".

GIK
11-18-2003, 10:55 AM
That's good advice from Dave, Phil. Take it.

creek14
11-18-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by RFS62
You need to be aloof, indifferent, show no weakness, like it didn't hurt at all. Women want what they can't have, and you have to withhold your Philness.

You guys will never figure us out, will you?

If I was Ms X and Phil pulled that "aloof" crap, I would think, "what I jerk, I was right to not get involved".

On the other had, if Phil continues to act like the the same ole Phil, I would think "this guy has his stuff together. I rejected him and he still wants to be my bud, he's okay. If it doesn't work out between us, maybe I can introduce him to my playboy bunny friends."

Okay, I just threw in the last line, that part might not really happen.

TeamCasey
11-18-2003, 11:27 AM
Bless her heart, if only for entertainment purposes.

This has to be one of the funniest threads I've read in ages.

I'm sure she doesn't have a clue what she's passing up!

:)

MWM
11-18-2003, 11:31 AM
Creek, you don't watch Seinfeld do you.

:evilgrin:

TRF
11-18-2003, 11:37 AM
Roy's piece was inspiring, but i have this hanging in my office (ok, it's a cubicle... sue me)

"Never be afraid to share your dreams with the world, because there's nothing the world loves more than the taste of really sweet dreams."

They get dish network in alaska phil. After the night i had, i am ready to climb mount olympus and kick the crap out of zeus for giving us pandora.

I went through this same thing once. And I agree with WOY 100%

RFS62
11-18-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by creek14
If I was Ms X and Phil pulled that "aloof" crap, I would think, "what I jerk, I was right to not get involved".

On the other had, if Phil continues to act like the the same ole Phil, I would think "this guy has his stuff together. I rejected him and he still wants to be my bud, he's okay.

I see your point. In fact, I'm sure I've heard my wife and her friends quoting Cosmo articles like that many times. :evilgrin:

The "aloof" suggestion is more in lines with showing you're not mortally wounded. If Phil laid his feelings out there, and she was surprised, he opened himself up big time, and that takes a ton of guts. The last impression he needs to create is one of being wounded or embarrassed or that there was something wrong in his baring his soul.

If Phil thinks enough of her to want a relationship, then she's no doubt a pretty cool chick. And if she's equally sensitive and cares about him as a friend, I'll bet she is worried that she hurt his feelings and damaged the friendship. If it was as dramatic a moment as his description suggests, I would bet that there are uneasy feelings on both sides, and when I suggested "aloof", I don't mean ignore her, just don't show any pain.

Kind of like when you get hit by a pitch, you don't rub it... you trot down to first.

M2
11-18-2003, 11:55 AM
See, she did all that, well, except for the IMing thing, since they'd take away her computer at work if she did that.

She's also very "touchy" (lots of hugs, using my arm as a pillow (I'm soft and mushy I guess), so that probably got me all discombobulated too.

Plus, she's really really hot.

I'm actually not giving up, I'm going to give it some time, then try again in six or seven years.

Man, that's pure "unlucky friend" territory. How old is she? Because that sounds like something a girl might do when she hasn't figured out what to do with men yet.

And stay away from Alaska. Bad ratio. I had a friend working in a fishery up there and he said that it's pretty pathetic how all guys do all day is talk about women even though there's practically none around.

MuEconRedLeg
11-18-2003, 06:25 PM

For what its worth, I was in the same situation a year ago saturday. She was my best friend through undergrad years, but I had always secretly wanted more. So when I got the moxy and told her, the response was probably similar to what you got.

However, I didnt take that as a debacle. We continued hanging out and functioning as best friend, which was great at times and horrible at times, but i hung in there.

So where does this all lead? We had a fight didnt talk for awhile, started hanging out again. Then........what do ya know she comes to me and tells me she wants more...weve been together a month this past sunday.

my secret....dont give up! continue to hang out (it gets easier after awhile)...but DATE DATE DATE and then DATE some more with other people...not to play a jealous game but to get it out of your system and renew that confidence! (thats number 1)

through all of this you are going to see who she really is and see if she is worth it...you get the oppurtunity to do this without the strings of being together and other "things" blinding you

hang in there . :beerme:

GAC
11-18-2003, 08:40 PM
I HOPE OUR WIVES DON'T READ THIS THREAD MEN! :lol:

We'll act like whining pups who just piddled on Momma's carpet! :evilgrin:

And as much as I liked Roy's piece... does that describe a gladiator or a husband? ;)

letsgojunior
11-18-2003, 09:53 PM
For the record, I completely concur with creek's perspective here Phil.

I wouldn't walk around like someone just shot your dog, but I also wouldn't go into work tomorrow acting like nothing ever happened.

Just be yourself, and continue to be her friend. I think women (well this is just me but I speak for us as a whole) appreciate honestly *MUCH* more than silly games.

It's definitely going to take time to get over this, but I wouldn't totally take yourself out of the game here yet.

Perhaps she was surprised knowing that you had feelings for her, and didn't really know how to react. I've seen that happen quite a few times.

If not, it's her loss and not yours.

There are still plenty of women out there who know what OPS means!;)

letsgojunior
11-18-2003, 10:26 PM
And look at the bright side, pitcher and catchers report in about three months.

I don't know if that's a bright side given that we're Reds fans.:lol:

Personally, I'm kind of enjoying staying away from it.

Sorry to hijack the thread, back to Phil.

Raisor
11-18-2003, 11:34 PM
This is rather fun.

Here's today's update.

Tuesday night is our bible study (where I met all these people. as an aside, any of you Atlanta people need to come. Good people, great music, and hot chicks. PM me for more info).

ANYWAY

Things were rather strained today, but since this thing just happened yesterday, it was to be expected. The whole lot of us are doing stuff on Friday and saturday night this week, so I'm going to do my best not to act all depressed and stuff.

The past 24 hours have stunk. Not only did all this stuff happen, but I got a freaking speeding ticket today (73 in a 55. EEK!)

I swear, the whole freaking world is against me.

SandyD
11-19-2003, 01:15 AM
All right, gals ... time for some Xs and Os chalkboard talk. What? Wrong sport? Oh well. Wouldn't work anyway.

Seriously, Phil, listen to us gals. Be yourself. The "doing your best to not act all depressed and stuff" is good, but "doing your best to not BE depressed" is better.

As for the Alaska idea ... I don't think this is the time of year to be moving to Alaska ... and by the time it is, maybe the Reds will be fighting and clawing their way to the top of the NL Central, and you wouldn't want to miss that, now would you? At any rate, major life decision made at a time of crisis are usually disastrous.

Spring~Fields
11-19-2003, 03:07 AM
Raisor,

Stay consistent, consistently be the Phil that she and the group has always liked and enjoyed company with.

Give her time to process the information that you shared with her, without any wants or expectations so you will be calm, relaxed and naturally project your normal confident self.

Kind of like RF62 said, be nice to her and the group as you always have been but don’t shower her with any extra attention, she will come around to you. Cause her to be curious as to why you are not paying extra special attention to her. She will come to you.

Whisper to yourself no wants or expectations

So does one of us get a prize if one of us is right?

Psst, if you have a buddy that you can trust and position him on the other side of the room, to observe if she is glancing or looking at you, you will find out fast if she is interested. People look or women quickly glance and away from objects of interest to them. Watch her non-verbal cues.

Just as long as she doesn't cross her arms to you and point in a different direction when you are near or are talking to her, you're still in the running.

TeamCasey
11-19-2003, 06:16 AM
I'm with Phil. Screw the whole dating scene ....... mitosis would be MUCH easier. :thumbup:

As far as women not liking games .......... um ........ I think we invented them. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Roy Tucker
11-19-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by GAC
And as much as I liked Roy's piece... does that describe a gladiator or a husband? ;)

What's the difference? :D

I can't take credit for it, it was from a speech by Theodore Roosevelt called "The Man in the Arena". The entire text can be found at http://www.leadershipnow.com/tr-citizenship.html (and if you like this piece, I highly recommend the Edmund Morris biography "Theodore Rex").

And Phil, I was in a similar pickle as you, albeit 25 yrs. ago. And I did pretty much as MuEconRedLeg did, was a bit more reserved in my enthusiasm towards her, hung in there, stayed friends, and dated a LOT (and didn't hide it).

And, one day the dam broke and it was a glorious 2 months. Hanging from a chandelier, on the kitchen table, on the living room floor, on my workbench, in an elevator, in the bathtub, on top of the washer, we were very bad.

But then she went off to UT-Austin for grad school, we stayed in touch, pined away for each other for a while, time passed, but then she met someone, I met someone, etc etc. We still stayed in touch, I went to her wedding, she came to mine, but it's down to Christmas cards now.

Johnny Footstool
11-19-2003, 09:50 AM
Women want what they can't have, and you have to withhold your Philness.

WORD!!!

Or, you could go totally Milhouse on her. Let her walk all over you. When she sees that you'll do anything for her, she's BOUND to respect you!
:laugh:

Chip R
11-19-2003, 10:50 AM
Phil, if, at the very least, you like this girl as a friend then keep treating her like one of your friends. If you ignore her and she gets pissed at you, then you have even less of a chance with her than you do now. I know it's tough since you laid your heart out for her and she stomped on it but it'll get easier as time goes on. And, who knows, she might reconsider and decide to go out with you. In the meantime, don't pass up any opportunities to date other women. You may think this gal is perfect and the one for you but you two may not be right for each other once you start dating her and get into a relationship. You may find out something about her that would just really turn you off.

Or, if she's a betting woman you could bet her dinner on some piece of trivia. Like Richard Nixon's middle name was "Moe". You bet her it's Moe and when she finds out it's Milhouse, you lose the bet and get to take her out to dinner. Just like Todd Gack. ;)

M2
11-19-2003, 12:13 PM
Phil, you kind of missed a key detail in not mentioning the bible study class at the beginning of this whole thread.

If there's one place where you could meet a female and have her immediately stuff you into the platonic friend category, it's bible study class. Now I fully understand that a lot of couples meet at church, but that whole thing I said about women sending fairly obvious signals? That goes out the window in bible study class. There I think you have to proceed from the assumption that she's just talking to you because she considers you to be her buddy.

Raisor
11-19-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by M2
Phil, you kind of missed a key detail in not mentioning the bible study class at the beginning of this whole thread.

If there's one place where you could meet a female and have her immediately stuff you into the platonic friend category, it's bible study class. Now I fully understand that a lot of couples meet at church, but that whole thing I said about women sending fairly obvious signals? That goes out the window in bible study class. There I think you have to proceed from the assumption that she's just talking to you because she considers you to be her buddy.

Ah, but that's the beauty of this bible study. It's not called the METRO meat market for nothing.

GAC
11-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Hey! What's wrong with meeting a girl in Bible study? It doesn't mean she is some uptight prude. ;)

It's better than meeting her on a street corner, or in the local bar. Remember your Mom's wise words..."Don't pick that up, you don't know where it's been!" :lol:

Just be yourself Phil. Don't put up fronts or try to be something that you aren't. If this girl is interested, and the "kharma" is there, then something positive will happen from it.

Don't feel guilty about the relationship you're ending, nor put so much pressure on yourself.

The fact that you are asking yourself questions, and trying to think this thing out, is a very good sign. It's better to do that NOW then to wait till later and have regrets. Don't be so impulsive.

From what I have have gathered so far from this thread, and what you have told us.... you have at least made one right move in realizing the relationship you were in wasn't working, and you therefore have gracefully ended it. Just go from there and don't put too much pressure on yourself.

You should have been in that bar with SC, writerdan, CQ, and myself before a Red's game this summer. We had several women enthralled with our SABR talk on Red's players. They were eating it up! :lol:

So as Bill Murray would say.... "So I got that going for me". ;)

I believe you'll land on your feet! :thumbup:

Raisor
11-19-2003, 10:07 PM
Today's update

Feeling much better today. Not nearly as despressed as I was. "Katie" (I'll call her Katie, because that's her name) and I exchanged emails today, nothing really important, just friendly banter (I did ask if she had a sister).

M2
11-19-2003, 10:52 PM
Ah, but that's the beauty of this bible study. It's not called the METRO meat market for nothing.

Wild guess, but it sounds like your luck might improve elsewhere. I mean, you did just start a thread called "Girls are Evil" bemoaning your plight with the opposite sex.

I'm pretty sure they've got a better meat market in Buckhead among other places, if that's what you're looking for. All I'm doing is pointing out that a bible study class is one place where a female might be excessively nice to you and not be particularly interested in dating.

westofyou
11-19-2003, 11:03 PM
I'm pretty sure they've got a better meat market in Buckhead among other places

Buckhead.........."shudder"........ Zombietown

M2
11-19-2003, 11:12 PM
Buckhead.........."shudder"........ Zombietown

Weird, I thought they were clones.

Ravenlord
11-19-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by M2
Weird, I thought they were clones. zombie clones.:p

westofyou
11-19-2003, 11:18 PM
Weird, I thought they were clones.

Zombie Clones.

Last time I was in Buckhead it was to see the Ramones and Frank Black at the Roxy.

Oil and water.

Raisor
12-07-2003, 12:57 AM
I've made a tough decesion after tonight (helped by sweet sweet vodka. Bless the Russians for this wonderful drink). I've decided to break contact with Katie. The whole gang was out again tonight, and I just can't stand seeing her with her new guy. It's literally making me insane to be around them, knowing that she's chosen the other guy over me, and then having to hang out with them.

I'm making everyone around me misarable. I'm going to be miserable either way, so I might as well be misarable alone.

Screw it, I need another drink.

Spring~Fields
12-07-2003, 01:32 AM
:( Another guy, A Braves fan out foxed all of us at Redszone ? :o :o

Raisor
12-07-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by SpringfieldFan
:( Another guy, A Braves fan out foxed all of us at Redszone ? :o :o

This is all Ted Turners fault. Somehow.

westofyou
12-07-2003, 11:41 AM
Phil, take a break from the pain.. it can only do you (and your friendship with Katy) good.

Now... If I may...... what kind of Bible group (or church) goes out drinking together?

I only ask because I told my wife your story and she asked me to ask you the above.

Her church growing up wouldn't allow them to dance much alone drink, I think you shifted her paradigm so much she needs to get back. ;)

Raisor
12-07-2003, 11:45 AM

Now... If I may...... what kind of Bible group (or church) goes out drinking together?

I only ask because I told my wife your story and she asked me to ask you the above.

Her church growing up wouldn't allow them to dance much alone drink, I think you shifted her paradigm so much she needs to get back. ;)

Non-denominational, baby!

Don't forget, Christ's first public miracle was to make water into wine to keep a party going!

MWM
12-07-2003, 12:07 PM
Raisor, why not just pack up your stuff and move up here to the 'Nati? Not a lot of Braves fans here. Of course, I don' think there's many Braves fans in Atlanta either.

Raisor
12-07-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by MWM
Raisor, why not just pack up your stuff and move up here to the 'Nati? Not a lot of Braves fans here. Of course, I don' think there's many Braves fans in Atlanta either.

If someone wants to hook me up with a job where I don't have to do much, and get paid alot for it, hell yeah I'll move back up.

Raisor
12-07-2003, 11:03 PM
My Katie-Free life lasted about 13 hours. I got talked into going to the Atlanta Botanical Garden with her and "Skippy".
I'm not exactly sure HOW I got talked into going, but I did it anyway.

I'm pretty much hopeless I guess.

KronoRed
12-08-2003, 12:01 AM
Raisor this is not healthy at all, you need to get away from that situation soon!
You'll go crazy eventually. :screwy:

RFS62
12-08-2003, 01:31 AM
Phil,

I posted this on the other forum, but it's the same advice I would give you here. You have to pull yourself together.

Don't give her any power over your moods. She had her chance, and she chose a shallow pretty boy over the MAN we all know and respect.

She flunked the IQ test. It would have been doomed to failure. Lick your wounds, and go on to greener pastures. Your woman is still out there, undiscovered, and waiting for you.

GAC
12-08-2003, 07:58 AM
Can you mention women and pastures in the same sentence? :roll:

Doc. Scott
12-08-2003, 12:51 PM
Not trying to be mean, but it's wise words I done once heard:

No matter how hot she is, there's at least one guy out there who's sick of her crap.

Keep the spirit of it in mind.

creek14
12-08-2003, 09:36 PM
My Katie-Free life lasted about 13 hours. I got talked into going to the Atlanta Botanical Garden with her and "Skippy".
I'm not exactly sure HOW I got talked into going, but I did it anyway.

I'm pretty much hopeless I guess.
I'm all for not letting her know she broke your heart, but this is going to far.

Instead of letting yourself get "talked into going" you should have dropped the jeans, turned around, and told her to kiss it goodbye.

Redsfaithful
12-08-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Doc. Scott

No matter how hot she is, there's at least one guy out there who's sick of her crap.

So incredibly true.

M2
12-08-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Doc. Scott

That pretty much sums it up.

wheels
12-08-2003, 11:44 PM
Raisor...You should just be happy you're not me.

I had the absolute best girl in the world in the palm of myhand in 1998. Intelligent, stately, demur...Digs good music, and thinks I'm pretty okay looking. At the behest of some friends of mine, she decided to go out with me, and it was a total blast. Good conversation, with a B.S. factor of zero. But bear in mind...I was just 23 or so at the time, and I was utterly clueless as to what was being dumped into my lap by the fates. Iwas a cool guy, popular, living on my own...Women like this were going to be commonplace in my life, right? So I began to get a little "antsy" if you know what I mean. I think in two weeks I kissed her a grand total of five times. Didn't she like me? Who does this girl think I am? Is she leading me on?

So I met this other girl who showed me a "good time" right away.

I ran into Susan at the grocery store a week or so later, and while we were shopping together (can you believe that! I would give my right arm to shop for groceries with her now!), I tell her I met this other girl and well....You get the picture.

I ended up almost marrying this other girl. Luckily it didn't work out. She turned out to be a total drug addict freak, and secretly resented me for not being a total drug addict freak. Game over for her.

In the midst of this "relationship" Susan and I always kept in touch. I found out she had very good reasons for not showing me said "good time", and it made me feel like even more of a jerk.
Just as soon as my fiance and I split up, she started out on a very long relationship with a guy I know. I mean, it lasted for something like three years. Bad timing!

Now they've split up, and we had some amazing talks...Problem is, she's now a flight attendant living in New York. Oh, she pops in and out of town, and we hang out, but she's always worried about her abusive ex boyfriend trying ram her car, or kill himself every time we hang out. She wants me to come to New York, and stay with her for a couple of days, but I'm busy remodeling my home, and working. I suppose she intends to move back here to Columbus in the future, but it's all so complicated I can't possibly explain it here.

She's absolutely perfect in every way. An absolute angel. I can hardly sleep at night, and no girl I meet can ever add up.

I guess I can say that if nothing ever comes of us, at least I've appologized profusely for what I did in the past and she's forgiven me.....But more importantly, I've learned the most valuable love lesson, and I will (and have) put what I've learned into practice with every girl I meet from now.

I guess my point is that it's all a learning process, and maybe with a little patience, and a good solid outlook, along with a sloid support system (which is impossible for a cat like you NOT to have), you'll probably be just fine. You're allowed to wallow, and you're allowed to complain. Drive your friends nuts if you need to.
It's what they're here for.

Roy Tucker
12-09-2003, 08:29 AM
Reminds me of a line from the Woody Allen movie "Annie Hall" with Alvy Singer (Woody) talking to Annie (Diane Keaton):

"A relationship is like a shark," he says. "It has to constantly keep moving forward or it dies. I think what we got on our hands is a dead shark".

Dead shark time Phil. Time to move on son.

15fan
12-09-2003, 11:55 AM
Hey Phil -

The Atlanta Botanical Gardens? This time of year? Is there some sort of Christmas tree / light show going on? If not, I'm not exactly sure what kind of stuff they'd have this time of year. When stuff is blooming in the spring, it's a great place. But December?

If you're gonna go, maybe a double-date would be the way to go. Wouldn't even have to be a "date" - find a bud who'd want to go with you, have a good time and keep your mind off the forbidden fruit.

The BG are in my neck of the woods. There are some places nearby with good eats if you want to grab a bite while you're up here in the big city. Agnes & Muriel's, Einsteins, and Fatt Matt's Rib Shack (quite possibly my most favorite spot for chow in the whole city) are a few that jump to mind. Lemme know if you want any suggestions.

westofyou
12-09-2003, 12:00 PM
Fatt Matt's Rib Shack (quite possibly my most favorite spot for chow in the whole city)

15 Phil smacked down some Ribs from Matts on a rager saturday night.

As for Agnes and Muriels...:thumbup: :thumbup:

creek14
12-09-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by wheels
She wants me to come to New York, and stay with her for a couple of days, but I'm busy remodeling my home, and working.
Ummmm HELLO?!?!

This is the woman of your dreams, the most perfect woman to ever grace the face of the earth (besides the women of RedsZone, of course) and you can't get away from the house and job for a couple of days to go visit her?

Let's list your priorities, shall we?

1. House
2. Job
3. Her

You threw her away once, seems like you're doing that again.

westofyou
12-09-2003, 12:57 PM
Ummmm HELLO?!?!

Agreed, I spent 2 years shuttling between Ohio and California once upon a time.. cost me lots of time, other accomplishments, wants and needs.

It's still paying off to this day.

<cheese>
And in the end the love you take
Is equal to the love you make
</cheese>

Chip R
12-09-2003, 01:26 PM
Well, I spent the better part of 2 years going back from Iowa to Ohio and points in between. After a couple of years of that I moved out here. Couple of years after that she dumped me. So these things don't always work out. But I don't have any regrets.

Wheels, go see the girl over X-mas if you don't have to work. The remodeling can wait. I had a friend from NY who worked in Iowa who told me that X-Mas in NYC is incredible.

wheels
12-09-2003, 03:25 PM
Wow....

Yeah, you guys are right, but I think she's gonna be in town over the holiday.

Maybe it would be a perfect time to make plans. Part of me isn't sure she really means it though.

You know, the whole self doubt vs. reality thing.

I can call her anytime, but it's nearly impossible to get ahold of her. When I actually do catch her, we end up talking for three hours or so. I figure she at the very least enjoys my company.;)

Raisor
12-12-2003, 10:39 PM
I'm now on day five of my second attempt at a Katie-less world (at least in person, I've talked to her on the phone once or twice, but just for straight information exchange).

Going cold turkey, baby!

KronoRed
12-13-2003, 05:31 AM
Good luck Raisor! :thumbup:

Raisor
12-16-2003, 11:13 PM
Good news!

She dumped Skippy!

Bad news!

I still have no shot at her!

But at least I don't have to see her with him all the time.

RFS62
12-16-2003, 11:20 PM
Phil,

A favorite poem of mine comes to mind.

It's called "Sometimes I miss her"

Sometimes I miss her

Sometimes I miss her

I ran into an old girlfriend on the street last night

Then I backed up, and ran into her again

Sometimes I miss her

KronoRed
12-17-2003, 07:57 AM
:lol: :lol:

Raisor
12-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Saturday is Phil & Katie day. I'm taking her to see Return of the King and then she's taking me to a party with the people she works with.

yeee haw

KronoRed
12-18-2003, 09:54 PM
I foresee disaster, but good luck with that :D

GIK
12-18-2003, 10:46 PM
Oh my. :alien:

Raisor
12-22-2003, 12:01 AM
What a great weekend.

Ravenlord
12-22-2003, 12:56 AM
What a great weekend. details?

RBA
12-22-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Ravenlord
details?
details?

RFS62
12-22-2003, 09:50 AM
DETAILS???

KronoRed
12-22-2003, 10:48 AM
Information please :D

MWM
12-22-2003, 10:49 AM
I don't know whether to be happy for him or sad for him.

Red Leader
12-22-2003, 01:01 PM
What a great weekend.

As in "I'm going to go smoke a cigarette and this is all I had time to post?" :hat:

westofyou
12-22-2003, 01:16 PM
Who's the hip baseball liking dude
that's a sex machine to all the chicks?
(PHIL!)
You're damn right
Who is the man
that would risk his neck for his brother man?
(PHIL!)
Can ya dig it?
Who's the cat that won't cop out
when there's debate all about
(PHIL!)
Right on
You see this cat PHIL is a bad mother--
(Shut your mouth)
But I'm talkin' about PHIL
(Then we can dig it)
He's a complicated man
but no one understands him but his woman
(PHIL RAISOR!)

RFS62
12-22-2003, 01:33 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great, now I've got that song in my head all day!!!

westofyou
12-22-2003, 01:41 PM
Sorry RFS62, try this sing along

I've come of heart, baby, but now I'm cool
I didn't make it surely, playin' by the rules
I've come of heart, baby, but now I'm fine
I'm checkin' trouble, sure movin' down the line
I've come of heart, baby, but that's OK
'Cause Trouble Man don't get in my way

I've come of heart, baby
I've been for real, baby
Gonna keep movin', gonna roll to town
I've come of heart, come on, get down
There's only 3 things for sure:
Taxes, death and trouble

This I know, baby, this I know, child
Yeah, let the sweat through you, baby
Get me singin', yeah, yeah, ooo

I've come of heart, baby, I had to fight
Took him on madness with all my might
I've come of heart, I had to win
Then start all over and then again
I've come of heart, but that's OK
'Cause Trouble Man don't get in my way

I've heard some places and I've seen some places
I've never had tensions, I give my directions
When people say; that's OK, they don't bother me
I'm ready to make it, don't care 'bout the weather
Don't care 'bout no trouble, got myself together
No laughin', no cryin', protection's all around me

I've come of heart, baby
I've been for real, baby
With the Trouble Man
Movin', goin' tight
I've come of heart, come on, get down
There's only 3 things for sure:
Taxes, death and trouble

This I know, baby, baby
This I know, baby, baby
Hey now, let it sweat, baby

I've come of heart, but now I'm cool
I didn't make it, baby, playin' by the rules
I've come of heart, baby, but now I'm fine
I'm checkin' trouble, sure movin' down the line

RFS62
12-22-2003, 02:02 PM
That's better, but in the spirit of songs that torture you beyond belief, I'm thinkin' that Phil would prefer this one...

Muskrat, muskrat candlelight
Doin’ the town and doin’ it right
In the evenin’
It’s pretty pleasin’

Muskrat susie, muskrat sam
Do the jitterbug out in muskrat land
And they shimmy
And sammy’s so skinny

And they whirled and they twirled and they tangoed
Singin’ and jingin’ the jango
Floatin’ like the heavens above
It looks like muskrat love

Nibbling on bacon, chewin’ on cheese
Sammy says to susie honey, would you please be my missus?
And she say yes
With her kisses

And now he’s ticklin’ her fancy
Rubbin’ her toes
Muzzle to muzzle, now anything goes
As they wriggle, and sue starts to giggle

And they whirled and they twirled and they tangoed
Singin’ and jingin’ the jango
Floatin’ like the heavens above
It looks like muskrat love

La da da da da ...

Please forgive me.

westofyou
12-22-2003, 02:07 PM
Willis Alan Ramsey

Singer/songwriter Willis Alan Ramsey is a cult legend among fans of Americana and progressive Texas country. Blending folk, country, and pop with witty, introspective lyrics, Ramsey recorded a critically acclaimed debut album for Leon Russell's Shelter label in 1972. It was one of the first albums by the new school of Austin singer/songwriters that would come to be tagged "progressive country" (Guy Clark and Townes Van Zandt among them). However, Ramsey subsequently disappeared from music, owing to conflicts with his label and a general distaste for the business.

Back to that date Phil.........

MWM
12-22-2003, 07:50 PM
Any more pictures Phil?

:evilgrin: :hat: :smokin:

Raisor
12-22-2003, 08:02 PM
I'm going to have to check with the union, but I believe that our outing on Saturday can be classified as a "date".

I paid for the movie.

We shared a couple of cokes.

She used my shoulder as a pillow for over 45 minutes.

Now, it's been awhile since I've been out on one of these "date" things, but I'm pretty sure that this qualfies.

;)

Let's see, what else? After the movie we went to two different parties Saturday night. Much alcohol was consumed by me while watching the Jets game at the first one. All I'll say about that party is that there was missletoe, and it was used.

Sunday was another full Katie-Phil day. Ended up hanging out at a friends place all day, playing cards and watching Raising Arizona. I got to hold her foot for the whole movie (she has very cute feet).

All and all, great weekend, even if I didn't get any nookie :evilgrin:

Red Leader
12-23-2003, 12:16 PM
So does anyone else think that NOW is the time that Phil should play the "hard to get role"? Kind of play it like "hey, we're just friends, you said so". I'm not saying to be rude to her, or ignore her in anyway, I'm just saying if he acted like they were "just friends" it might finally slap her in the face and make her realize that she DOES want more from good ole Phil than just a friendship. Anyone else agree with that?

westofyou
12-23-2003, 12:34 PM
RL, I agree... he should take the attitude that the character in
Dylan's Isis takes.

She said, "Where ya been?" I said, "No place special."
She said, "You look different." I said, "Well, not quite."
She said, "You been gone." I said, "That's only natural."
She said, "You gonna stay?" I said, "Yeah, I jes might."

Raisor
12-23-2003, 04:32 PM
We shared a couple of cokes.

By the way, by this I mean that we had one coke that we were drinking at a time. So I got Katie slobber from the straw.

mmmmmmm...Katie slobber.

KronoRed
12-23-2003, 04:47 PM
mmmmmmm...Katie slobber.

Hmm, I don't see him taking the "hard to get role" now :D

Red Leader
12-23-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by KronoRed
Hmm, I don't see him taking the "hard to get role" now :D

It's a shame because if he plays that "Katie slobber" bit, she's going to run him around in circles for about a month or two and then ride off into the sunset and Phil will be left behind wondering what went wrong. :confused:

To use a fishing term, "Set the hook, Phil, don't let this one get away."

Raisor
12-23-2003, 05:07 PM
I can't wait to see how ya'll react to THIS.

Katie is going to Vegas on Jan 1, to party with some friends (among them her airforce ex-boyfriend) and I VOLUNTEERED to take her and pick her up from the airport.

Even I know that's a bit goofy.

Red Leader
12-23-2003, 05:37 PM
Actually Phil, I'm fine with that. That was nice of you to offer to take her to the airport. That's something a friend would do. What you CAN'T do is probe her when you pick her up from the airport about what she did, who she was with, if she spent time with her ex-boyfriend, etc. When you pick her up, act like she just a buddy of yours that went away on a family trip and don't even think about what she did in your head, and don't ask outside of the general "did you have a good time, win any money?" type conversations. Remember, you guys are friends for now.

Raisor
12-23-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Red Leader
Actually Phil, I'm fine with that. That was nice of you to offer to take her to the airport. That's something a friend would do. What you CAN'T do is probe her when you pick her up from the airport about what she did, who she was with, if she spent time with her ex-boyfriend, etc. When you pick her up, act like she just a buddy of yours that went away on a family trip and don't even think about what she did in your head, and don't ask outside of the general "did you have a good time, win any money?" type conversations. Remember, you guys are friends for now.

Hopefully any money she wins will be mine. I'm giving her 50 bucks to run through a wheel of fortune quarters machine.

MWM
12-23-2003, 06:29 PM
I'd be a little concerned if you hear any yada yada yadas though.

westofyou
12-23-2003, 07:07 PM
Hey Phil, what kind of cleanser are you going to use when you clean her apartment during her "vacation?"

Don't forget to tape her "stories" ;)

RFS62
12-23-2003, 07:24 PM
I'm beginning to think an intervention is in order.

KronoRed
12-23-2003, 08:27 PM
Dunno, I think he's to far gone. :screwy:

CougarQuest
12-23-2003, 09:54 PM
It's a shame because if he plays that "Katie slobber" bit, she's going to run him around in circles for about a month or two and then ride off into the sunset and Phil will be left behind wondering what went wrong.
Amen to that Red Leader

Phil, Phil, Phil :nono:

Does the back of your shirt say "WELCOME"

Ok guys, I think we need to go get Phil and take him out and show him what life is really about. RFS, Johnny, rem, WOY, MWM, Red Leader; I believe we have a challenge. It appears to be an emergency. A MAN is in need of immediate re-direction. We need to show him there is a fine line between being a nice guy and being a welcome mat, a fine line between standing up for your rights and being an offensive neanderthal.

MWM
12-23-2003, 10:08 PM
CQ,

I think he's currently in the Uninformed Optimism stage. We need to build him a bridge to the reality stage.

RFS62
12-23-2003, 10:09 PM
I think this calls for a road trip.

RBA
12-23-2003, 10:13 PM
Phil,
I think you need to take a course called Leykis 101

http://www.blowmeuptom.com/index2.html

CougarQuest
12-23-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by RedBloodedAmerican
Phil,
I think you need to take a course called Leykis 101

http://www.blowmeuptom.com/index2.html :roll:

Raisor
12-23-2003, 11:10 PM
Most of the group I hang out with is going to Colorado for Christmas, I don't get to go due to being cash poor right now, so I'm going to be taking care of Katie, and another friend's, cats for a week.

I'm going to try to teach Gus (Katie's cat) how to say "Give Phil a chance". Hopefully he'll give me a good review for Katie.

By the way, I do know that I've made the trip from "sane" to "insane".

But guys, look at her again:

http://www.redszone.com/users/raisor.jpg

CougarQuest
12-24-2003, 01:24 AM
so I'm going to be taking care of Katie, and another friend's, cats for a week.

I'm going to try to teach Gus (Katie's cat) how to say "Give Phil a chance". Hopefully he'll give me a good review for Katie.

Oh my lord, it's even worse than I thought!!!

You are setting yourself up for a fall.

There's MILLIONS of gorgeous, built like a brick SH, single, available, loving, interesting, intelligent, baseball loving girls out there.

RFS62
12-24-2003, 01:55 AM
Phil,

Listen to yourself.

Be objective.

KronoRed
12-24-2003, 01:13 PM
Tsk, he's gone crazy.
:what:

Raisor
12-24-2003, 02:08 PM
Only six days until she gets back.

guernsey
12-24-2003, 02:47 PM
Why do I see this in Phil's future?

HE STOPPED LOVING HER TODAY

He said "I'll love you till I die"
She told him "You'll forget in time
As the years went slowly by
She still preyed upon his mind

He kept her picture on his wall
Went half-crazy now and then
He still loved her through it all
Hoping she'd come back again

Kept some letters by his bed
Dated nineteen sixty-two
He had underlined in red
Every single "I love you"

I went to see him just today
Oh but I didn't see no tears
All dressed up to go away
First time I'd seen him smile in years

He stopped loving her today
They placed a wreath upon his door
And soon they'll carry him away

You know
She came to see him one last time
Awe n' we all wondered if she would
And it kept runnin' through my mind
"This time he's over her for good"

They placed a wreath upon his door
And soon they'll carry him away

RBA
12-24-2003, 02:53 PM
May I suggest a movie...Forest Gump.

Raisor
12-24-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by RedBloodedAmerican
May I suggest a movie...Forest Gump.

Great! After 20 years I'll get to marry her, only to have her die of AIDS and leave me with a kid to raise on my own!

woo hoo!

:thumbup:

"They told me that it was a 'million dollar wound', but the Army must keep that because I didn't see a penny of it."

M2
12-24-2003, 05:37 PM
First off, a "Don't mess with Texas" t-shirt?

Hey man, don't mess with Conneticut, more lawyers per capita than any state in the union.

Second, she can't walk all over you if you don't lay down right in front of her.

Third, move on. Surely you've got friends at home telling you the exact same thing. It's fine to be a hopeless romantic, just do it with someone who isn't wasting your time. The world is full of pretty girls and even prettier women. Have fun with the former, pursue the latter, but don't put a lot of effort into the miserable pursuit of some random pretty girl.

doug flynn
12-25-2003, 07:29 AM
I submitted this thread to Fox for a new series. They are in for a pilot, and a possible deal for nine shows is on the table.

Phil, could you PM me with the names of the cats? :evilgrin:

Roy Tucker
12-25-2003, 01:36 PM
What M2 said.

Phil, son, it's time to wake up and smell the coffee. What your friend is doing is called "passing time".

As soon as she gets a better deal, you will be blown off so fast your head will spin, i.e. "Phil, who?"

Believe me, I've seen this movie before and I didn't like the ending. And I played a starring role.

RBA
12-25-2003, 01:41 PM
Roy,
I also played that movie.

Phil,
Move on with your life. There are plenty of women out there. If I can find somebody, you can too.

Raisor
12-25-2003, 03:43 PM
Let me put it this way, I'm willing to find someone else, if I can, but I'm leaving the Katie-option open. If something happens over time, great. If not, that's fine too.

But she's smokin' hot.

wheels
12-25-2003, 06:26 PM
That's the best way to deal with it.

But be prepared to have to break it off with another girl. You just know that's when she'll come a knockin'. Girls dig guys that have girlfriends. When it happens, do you call her bluff by breaking up with the fictional girlfriend? Or do you have heart and stick with the fictional girl all the while Katie keeps flirting with you, and summarily torturing you? These are the tough decisions that men make. Be prepared for the girl from left field. She is rapidly approaching. She could strike at any time.

At least that's how things usually happen for me. Do you live in the moment with another girl, even though it might be screwing up some future cosmic vibe betwixt you and Katie?

Johnny Footstool
12-25-2003, 08:07 PM
Phil, just remember how bad you felt when you started this thread. Keeping the Katie option open is fine, but don't set yourself up for an even harder fall this time.

KronoRed
12-25-2003, 08:50 PM
Keeping your options open is good, also don't think so much :D

Red Leader
12-26-2003, 11:19 AM
Phil, that's exactly what Katie SHOULD be, AN OPTION...meaning, one of MANY. If you run into another girl somewhere, ask her out just for the hell of it, and then go out and have a good time. In other words rule #1 here should be: don't let life revolve around Katie. Don't keep yourself from dating someone else just because you think Katie might not like it. Don't keep yourself from going and playing basketball with the guys because Katie "might" call. Don't say no to your guy friends who want to go out on the town drinking because Katie "might" want to do something...don't do it. You're Phil. Do whatever the hell Phil wants to do without thinking of what Katie "might" want or like. If Katie doesn't like Phil the way he is, to hell with her. She's kind of hot, but she ain't that damn hot. There's always a replacement (and they're usually better than the ones they replace)

Raisor
12-26-2003, 05:52 PM
I need to get the girl a watch, she called me after midnight last night to find out how her cat is doing.

I'm currently typing this on her computer at her apartment, so I better not say anything bad. She's probably got this place bugged.

Red Leader
12-26-2003, 06:18 PM
I need to get the girl a watch, she called me after midnight last night to find out how her cat is doing.

I'm currently typing this on her computer at her apartment, so I better not say anything bad. She's probably got this place bugged.

Raisor, you buy her a watch and you'll watch her walk right out of your life.

BTW, she probably called after midnight last night to see if you were doing anything fun with your life or if you were just hanging around her place watching her cat...let me put it this way, you didn't want to answer the phone.

creek14
12-26-2003, 07:09 PM
I need to get the girl a watch
You need to get the girl a one-way ticket out of your life.

Listen to another female here, Phil, she's playing you like a fiddle.

TeamSelig
12-26-2003, 09:08 PM
Hmm... get rid of the ex-boyfriend immediately. Soprano's style.

;)

KronoRed
12-26-2003, 09:50 PM
Please run in the other direction, almost all of us have been where you are now and it NEVER has turned out the way you want it to.
Run Run Run!!:D

gonelong
12-27-2003, 11:27 AM
Girls are Evil
Just sayin.

mmmmmmm...Katie slobber.

Heck, I say lets get Katie to be the Reds next GM, if she can turn Phil from a self-respecting woman hater to a driveling idiot in the span of a few days, think of what she could do with the Reds.

Just sayin. :eek:

Screw it Phil, sometimes you just have to go for it. More than likely she'll be stompin' on your heart like it was a vat full of grapes, but what the hell, give it a shot.

I'd love to see you take charge a little bit, the tack you have taken is frightening and has practically no chance of ending well. Rethink your position. If she is worth having, then she is worth pursuing correctly, as an equal. Don't blow your shot at her watching her cat.

GL

Raisor
12-27-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by gonelong

Heck, I say lets get Katie to be the Reds next GM, if she can turn Phil from a self-respecting woman hater to a driveling idiot in the span of a few days, think of what she could do with the Reds.

Nah, she's too much like JimBo, what with the leather pants and all.

CougarQuest
12-27-2003, 04:16 PM
Phil, I've received some emails/PM's and asked to tell you something since people felt they couldn't phrase it in a polite and acceptable way.

One of them would go something like this:
When Katie comes back, when you hand her back her cat, tell her to hand you back your gonads. Once she hands them back to you, walk away forever with your head held high and your manhood in tact.

One of them would go something like this:
Since they've been cut off, you need to grow a new set .... immediately.

She's got you so far up her rearend, you can't even see the light of day. No matter how crappy things get, you keep thinking, 'this will pass, things will get better'. Well it does pass, but the crap still continues.

Personally, I think no matter what anyone says to you, you're still going to think the same thing until you feel the pain in your chest where you heart used to be and you realize it's finally over and that you've been played. You'll ignore anyone who disagrees with what you want to hear and pick out the remotess points that might be twisted into what you want to hear. Most of us have been there to some extent, I guess this is one of those things that everyone must endure.

Just remember Phil, the people who have opened themselves up in here are trying to be helpful to you, not critical of you. Friends have to say things at times that you don't want to hear. And I'd be willing to bet you have 'real life' friends that have been telling you things along the same lines as we've said in here. Don't be upset with them, they are trying to help.

gonelong
12-28-2003, 12:30 PM
Nah, she's too much like JimBo, what with the leather pants and all.

Hell, this will be easier that I thought, all you have to do is show her your a five-tooler and she'll take a flyer on ya. :eek:

GL

Raisor
12-28-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by CougarQuest
. Don't be upset with them, they are trying to help.

Hey, I'm not upset at all, I appreciate all the advice.

And yes, my "real life" friends all pretty much agree with what everyone here is saying.

The whole situation would be a lot easier if there was anyone else around that I was remotely attracted to.

CougarQuest
12-29-2003, 01:52 AM

The whole situation would be a lot easier if there was anyone else around that I was remotely attracted to.

And there lies the vicious cycle. You're not ALLOWING yourself to find someone else.

12-29-2003, 02:02 AM
Hey- it's alot harder for someone to walk all over you if you aren't laying down.:)

15fan
12-29-2003, 08:39 AM
Phil -

I'm about as dense as it gets when it comes to understanding the fairer gender.

But since I checked out for the holidays, you have proceeded to give her $50 towards a week in Vegas with an ex-boyfriend while you stayed behind to watch her cat and play around on the computer in her empty apartment.

That's just plain spooky.

Unless this chick is making it well worth your while (and by that, I do mean in the :evilgrin: sense), you need to quit this one cold turkey and move on.

She's playing you like the Roadrunner plays Wile E. Coyote.

Red Leader
12-31-2003, 10:49 AM
Raisor,
I had an idea last night on my drive home from work, and I think you should try it.

When she calls to make sure that you are going to be there to pick her up from the airport, tell her you can't make it. Tell her to take a cab and offer to pay for it for the inconvenience. When she gets home, you should be there on HER couch...naked with only her cat in your lap (I hope it's de-clawed). Let the evening go where it may from there....

KronoRed
12-31-2003, 01:18 PM
:laugh:

Redsfaithful
12-31-2003, 01:31 PM
Unexpected nakedness works. My theory is that it makes the other person feel awkward for having clothes on.

Not that I've ever tried it. :evilgrin:

Red Leader
12-31-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Redsfaithful
Unexpected nakedness works. My theory is that it makes the other person feel awkward for having clothes on.

:lol: You know what Redsfaithful, that is SO true. The person with their clothes on ends up being the one that feels stupid. It does work. Especially if you have some cool prop to go with it, like the cat on your lap, or a cowboy hat with a feather in it, something along those lines....

GoReds
12-31-2003, 01:44 PM
If this happens, can you set up a webcam that we can get access? Or would that be too American Pie?

Red Leader
12-31-2003, 01:48 PM
I forgot to mention that it is imperative that the cat be just that, a mature full grown adult cat, and not a 6 week old kitten. Not only would that be potentially uncomfortable for you, Raisor, but ole' "Give 'em Hell Texas" might not like it as much either. :evilgrin:

As for the webcam, I think I'll take a pass on that. I'd rather just read Raisor's description of what went down.

Raisor
01-01-2004, 09:49 AM
The good, the bad, and the ugly from last night's New Years party.

The Good

1. Katie wants to go away for our birthdays (which are about a week apart). Not sure where yet, or if I'll consent to go, but still...

2. New pics will be up sometime this week.

The Bad

1. Skippy is back in the picture, though I think I got as much sugar from her last night as he did.

The Ugly

Where's that hangover thread I posted a few weeks ago?

:beerme:

KronoRed
01-01-2004, 11:40 AM
This is better then anything on afternoon tv ;)

KittyDuran
01-01-2004, 12:01 PM
This is better then anything on afternoon tv
That's the truth! I hope the Mods archive this thread - lots of "interesting" revelations from the other side...:evilgrin:

Raisor
01-01-2004, 12:17 PM
This is better then anything on afternoon tv ;)

I should probably get a blog or something, but this is more fun.

Oh, and I did drop her off at the airport this morning, but only because it was on my way home.

MWM
01-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Hey Phil, doesn't that mean that Skippy got as much sugar as you. And you seem to be OK that she's giving out sugar like free samples at the grocery store.

BTW Phil - SKIPPY? Is that his real name? Is her real name Malorie?

Raisor
01-01-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by MWM
Hey Phil, doesn't that mean that Skippy got as much sugar as you. And you seem to be OK that she's giving out sugar like free samples at the grocery store.

mmmmmm..sugar

BTW Phil - SKIPPY? Is that his real name? Is her real name Malorie?

mmmmmmm..Justine Bateman.

CougarQuest
01-01-2004, 02:50 PM
I forgot to mention that it is imperative that the cat be just that, a mature full grown adult cat, and not a 6 week old kitten. Not only would that be potentially uncomfortable for you, Raisor, but ole' "Give 'em Hell Texas" might not like it as much either. :evilgrin:

As for the webcam, I think I'll take a pass on that. I'd rather just read Raisor's description of what went down.

You know if she walked in her apartment with him laying nekkid on her couch with the cat on his lap, she may just wonder what in the blankety blank he was DOING to her cat!

Raisor
01-01-2004, 03:10 PM
You know if she walked in her apartment with him laying nekkid on her couch with the cat on his lap, she may just wonder what in the blankety blank he was DOING to her cat!

Gus Gusterson (Katie's cat) has claws, so I'm not doing that for sure!

MWM
01-01-2004, 03:22 PM
The question Phil is how many bases did you acquire and how many outs did you make?

Raisor
01-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by MWM
The question Phil is how many bases did you acquire and how many outs did you make?

Actually, Katie made it to second base, but I shan't elaborate!

I tried a drag bunt, reached on an error, and got thrown out trying to steal second.

RollyInRaleigh
01-01-2004, 03:56 PM
Since she's fond of the Lone Star state, maybe you should be happy with a few "Texas Leaguers" before going for the fences.;)

MWM
01-01-2004, 04:01 PM
:lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Raisor
01-01-2004, 04:11 PM
I'm trying to teach her the SABR approach so she'll take more balls.

(I'm going to hell for that one).

GAC
01-01-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm going to be taking care of Katie, and another friend's, cats for a week.

Why did that movie "Meet The Parents" just pop into my head?

"You a cat lover Fokker?" :lol:

I guess this thread is the closest I'll ever get to reality TV. ;)

GAC
01-01-2004, 04:40 PM
I'm trying to teach her the SABR approach so she'll take more balls.

(I'm going to hell for that one).

And remember..."strikeouts don't mean anything" :evilgrin:

Raisor
01-01-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by GAC
I guess this thread is the closest I'll ever get to reality TV. ;)

I'm hoping a casting director reads this thing and I get to bring this thread to Fox or UPN or something.

CougarQuest
01-01-2004, 05:03 PM
I know a girl (25 yrs old) in Atlanta who has been the welcome mat in the last three relationships she's had, and she is much hotter looking than Katie ... just thinking outloud

Raisor
01-01-2004, 05:09 PM
I know a girl (25 yrs old) in Atlanta who has been the welcome mat in the last three relationships she's had, and she is much hotter looking than Katie ... just thinking outloud

Don't let her read this thread!

GAC
01-01-2004, 05:10 PM
I'm hoping a casting director reads this thing and I get to bring this thread to Fox or UPN or something.

Ahhhh...and who plays the parts of Phil and Katie?

Raisor
01-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by GAC
Ahhhh...and who plays the parts of Phil and Katie?

If this is a Reality series who do you think?

Naked Fat Guy from Survivor (Richard Hatch) of course!

GAC
01-01-2004, 07:02 PM
I'm sorry... my mind was more on a fantasy league. :evilgrin:

Raisor
01-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by GAC
I'm sorry... my mind was more on a fantasy league. :evilgrin:

Hatch would play Katie, by the way.

wait.

ICK! NEVER MIND!

Raisor
01-03-2004, 02:40 AM
Good gravy, things just got more complicated tonight.

And it has nothing to do with Katie, well, it does, but not directly.

It's too complicated for 0241 in the morning, so I'm going to save it for later. Tune in same bat-time, same-bat station!

SandyD
01-03-2004, 03:43 AM
Raisor, now how am I supposed to sleep after that?:p

Raisor
01-03-2004, 10:11 AM
Life gets more complicated!

I got a call yesterday from the mother of one of my friends who said that my friend (we'll call her "Amanda", since that's her name) needed a ride home from work. I was going up there anyway, so it was no big deal for me to pick her up.

Amanda is more or less my best friend. She's also very close to Katie [Just back ground info]

ANYWAY

Manda and I decided we wanted to go get something to eat, so we went for some chinese food (her treat, since I drove the 40 minutes to pick her up). During the middle of the meal, she decided to tell me that I almost got lucky with her New Years eve, we were both drunk, and were snuggling a bit on the couch. Nothing really happened, and we both said it would have been a mistake and everything blah blah blah

ANYWAY, after dinner, (and after her mom and I, along with some other, went to feed some homeless people in Downtown Atlanta), I went over to hang out at Amanda's apartment to watch Sound of Music (and yes, I know all the words to all the songs, deal with it..), and we started up again. This time, neither of us were drunk so we can't blame it on that. We were able to stop before things got out of hand, but now I'm ultra confused.

I'm just hoping there's some way I can date both Katie and Amanda and all of us remaining friends.

MWM
01-03-2004, 10:15 AM
Phil, Phil, Phil...........

You're thinking with the wrong head!!!!!!!!!!!

You're going to need Constanza to get you out of this one.

Nothing good can come of this and I would bet my first born you end up with -0- girlfriends and 2 less friends.

BTW, where's the pictures of "Manda."?

TeamCasey
01-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by MWM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Phoenix
01-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Phil I think you should go after Manda. Who knows? Something may really develop. If nothing else, it may make Katie jealous...

Don't worry about the whole "concerned about remaining friends" thing. People come and go, and one or both of these girls may just as easy move out of state for a guy or a job or whatever....

If you're interested, always go for the girl romantically in the here and now and let the other stuff sort itself out later. And remember, life is short!

KronoRed
01-03-2004, 01:54 PM
Hold on lemme get some popcorn. :D

I agree with Phoenix, besides if "Skippy" is back in the picture why should you worry about what Katie thinks?
She had her chance ;)

westofyou
01-03-2004, 02:04 PM
<Kwai Chang Caine>

Close your eyes and see yourself alone on the beach, your face to the sea.

Someone walks next to you and you turn to her.

Who is it?

Once you figure that out pursue it and let the other persons life go on.

Numbers and games complicate lives.

Follow your bliss.

</Kwai Chang Caine>

CougarQuest
01-03-2004, 02:47 PM
Good lord man, Amanda/Manda, is YOUR BEST FRIEND? You both are obviously phsycially attracted to each other and you both like each other enough to consider yourselves best friends? Best friends, the ones you tell everything about? Best friends, the ones that know your good sides and bad sides, yet you still like each other so much that you want to be around each other a whole bunch? Everyone should be married to their best friend. I think the answer is starring you right in the face what to do.

I'm as dense as a 4 ft thick wall when it comes to knowing when a girl is flirting with me. I've always said that unless a girl is flashing me her breast, I'm not sure if she is flirting or just being nice, but when a girl says, "that you almost got lucky with me New Years Eve", I'd even pick up on that.

And I noticed that you left out this part on the first New Years Eve story. Here I thought Katie was the only one reaching out to touch someone else.

Raisor
01-03-2004, 02:59 PM
And I noticed that you left out this part on the first New Years Eve story. Here I thought Katie was the only one reaching out to touch someone else.

I think I was still drunk when I wrote the first report. Can't remember everything you know.

The thing was, that night I was talking to Amanda about Katie all night while cuddling with Amanda.

My life is SO complicated :)

Tonight will be fun, Amanda (who is in charge of Katie's cat this time around) and I are picking Katie up from the airport around midnight from her trip to Vegas with Big Beefy Airforce Guy.

Raisor
01-03-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by MWM

Waiting for Boss to post it in the photo gallary actually :) Though, it's not that good of a picture of Amanda. (And if my friend Kristen ever sees the thing, she'll kill me. Kris' expression is VERY goofy)...But Katie and I look cute :)

RFS62
01-03-2004, 03:54 PM
My head hurts just reading this

Raisor
01-03-2004, 03:57 PM
My head hurts just reading this

hell, try LIVING through it.

GAC
01-03-2004, 04:11 PM
I'm just hoping there's some way I can date both Katie and Amanda and all of us remaining friends.

Can we change your name to Jack Tripper!

Date both girls? I'm sure neither one of them would mind (as long as neither finds out) :lol:

And when you're with the one, you can always be thinking about the other. Just don't get the names mixed up.

GAC
01-03-2004, 04:13 PM
dbl post :D

GAC
01-03-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by MWM
Phil, Phil, Phil...........

You're thinking with the wrong head!!!!!!!!!!!

You're going to need Constanza to get you out of this one.

Are we thinking of that same Seinfeld episode where Jerry had the problems with the two girls, and George suggested a three-way (and I'm not talking Skyline)?

Jerry.... "BUT I DON'T WANT TO BE AN ORGY GUY! I'll have to change the way I dress, redecorate the apartment, put in some strobe lights. Naw! Too much work."

:laugh: :laugh:

MWM
01-03-2004, 04:20 PM
JERRY: So the roommate laughed at everything I said.

GEORGE: Wow.

JERRY: It was a great sounding laugh too, kind of lilting and feminine--none of
those big coarse "ha's." You know those?

GEORGE: Oh yeah: HA-A-A, HA-A-A.

JERRY: Yeah.

GEORGE: Hate the big coarse "ha." Hate those.

JERRY: And the worst part of course is that she also possessed many of the
other qualities prized by the Superficial Man.

GEORGE: I see.

JERRY: So as you can see, I've got a bit of a problem here.

GEORGE: Well, if I hear you correctly--and I think that I do--my advice to you
is to finish your meal, pay your check, leave here, and never mention
this to anyone again.

JERRY: Can't be done, huh?

GEORGE: The Switch?

JERRY: "The Switch."

GEORGE: Can't be done.

JERRY: I wonder.

GEORGE: Do you realize in the entire history of western civilization no one has
successfully accomplished the Roommate Switch? In the Middle Ages you
could get locked up for even suggesting it!

JERRY: They didn't have roommates in the Middle Ages.

GEORGE: Well, I'm sure at some point between the years 800 and
1200--somewhere--there were two women living together.

JERRY: The point is I intend to undertake this. And I'll do it with or without
you. So if you're scared, if you haven't got the stomach for this, let's
get it out right now! And I'll go on my own. If not, you can get on
board and we can get to work! Now what's it going to be?

GEORGE: All right, dammit, I'm in.

JERRY: I couldn't do it without you.

GEORGE: All right. Let's get to work.

Now just insert "best friend" in place of roommate and you have the same situation.

Anyone remember Goerge's solution?

:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

GAC
01-03-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by MWM
Now just insert "best friend" in place of roommate and you have the same situation.

Anyone remember Goerge's solution?

:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Wasn't that the three way?

What do you call that? mena "something" :lol:

Raisor
01-03-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by GAC

If I recall correctly, they were "in to it".

So, now I got THAT going for me :hat:

MWM
01-03-2004, 04:46 PM
Well, since you asked, here it is:
GEORGE: All right. Let's go over it again, one more time.

JERRY: All right. So I tell Sandy that I want to have a ménage à trois with her
and her roommate.

GEORGE: That's right.

JERRY: And you believe this course of action will have a two-pronged effect.
Firstly, the very mention of the idea will cause Sandy to recoil in
disgust, whereupon she will insist that I remove myself from the
premises.

GEORGE: Keep going.

JERRY: At this point, it is inevitable that she will seek out the roommate to
apprise her of this abhorrent turn of events.

GEORGE: Continue.

JERRY: The roommate will then offer her friend the requisite sympathy even as
part of her cannot help but feel somewhat flattered by her inclusion in
the unusual request.

{George takes over.}

GEORGE: A few days go by and a call is placed at a time when Sandy is known to
be busy at work. Once the initial awkwardness is relieved with a little
playful humor, which she [Laura] of course cannot resist, an invitation
to a friendly dinner is proffered.

JERRY: Huh. Well, it all sounds pretty good. There's only one flaw in it:
They're roommates. She'd have to go out with me behind Sandy's back.
She's not gonna do that.

{Another pregnant pause. George?}

GEORGE: You disappoint me, my friend. Sandy wants nothing to do with you. She
tells Laura, "If you want to waste your time with that pervert, that's
your problem."

{Final pause. Jerry?}

JERRY: It's a perfect plan. So inspired. So devious. Yet so simple.

GEORGE: {George, finger in the peanut butter jar}: This is what I do.

TeamCasey
01-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Raisor ...... did you ever consider that you may be Amanda's Katie? Something to ponder.

If you add one more girl in here, I'm calling out the rule of three and sending you some super glue.

GAC
01-03-2004, 04:54 PM
This doesn't look like Phil though :lol:

http://yadayada.8m.com/pics/pose2.jpg

Raisor
01-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by TeamCasey
Raisor ...... did you ever consider that you may be Amanda's Katie? Something to ponder.

Well, until yesterday, she had been after this other dude we know (though he and I have lots in common. Amanda likes nerds) :D

If you add one more girl in here, I'm calling out the rule of three and sending you some super glue.

Well, there IS Ashleigh out there.

RFS62
01-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Alright, I just got off the phone with my agent, and NBC and CBS are in competition for our daytime drama.

We start shooting the pilot next month, and we need a title. So far, the working titles are:

All my Philness

The not so bold, and the beautiful

As the Phil turns

Days of our Phil

Also, we're having a casting call, so I'd like some suggestions for who gets to play the major parts. As is customary, CQ and I will be holding "special" casting "appointments" with all the hot female leads out there.

:smokin:

CougarQuest
01-03-2004, 06:16 PM
Now folks, there is a true friend!!! He included me without even consulting me!:beerme:

gonelong
01-03-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by GAC

inside joke: We always referred to it as "The Manager of Detroit" ... as in ...

"wonder if those 2 gals are Tiger fans, I'd love to introduce them to Alan Trammel".

Thats about 2/3 of what I learned in college. :lol:

GL

Boss-Hog
01-03-2004, 11:38 PM
I thought you guys might be interested in the new picture Phil sent me that he referred to above:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=262711#post262711

RFS62
01-04-2004, 02:04 AM
The plot thickens...

GAC
01-04-2004, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Boss-Hog
I thought you guys might be interested in the new picture Phil sent me that he referred to above:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=262711#post262711

So Phil is really Charlie... and those are his angels.

MikeS21
01-04-2004, 08:26 AM
Who needs reality television - al la "World Most Eligible Bachelor" when we can check in every day to see if Phil has scored or not. :p

Although I was a little worried when the words "naked", "cat", and "sofa," all appearred in the same sentence. :eek:

KronoRed
01-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by GAC
So Phil is really Charlie... and those are his angels.

I was thinking the same thing :lol:

Raisor
01-04-2004, 02:26 PM
I was thinking the same thing :lol:

Actually, I'm probably more like Bosley.

letsgojunior
01-04-2004, 02:37 PM
You don't post for a few days and look what happens!!

I would like to officially nominate this for best thread ever. :lol:

Chip R
01-04-2004, 05:08 PM
That picture reminded me of this picture I saw in a magazine when I was in college of Bob Barker and his Beauties dressed to the nines in pretty much the same pose as Phil's pic. So I cut that picture out and got a picture of myself and cut the head off and replaced Bob's head with mine and put it on my dorm door as a joke. :lol:

Raisor
01-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Amanda and I picked Katie up from the airport last night. Everything went well. Katie had a pretty good time in Vegas, but it turns out that she didn't have anything to do with the Brittney Spears wedding, which sucks.

Red Leader
01-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Did Amanda say anything to Katie about almost hooking up with you? That's the key. You need to get Amanda and Katie talking about you. If that happens I'm guessing Katie steps up to the plate a little more than she has been. If Amanda didn't do that, you need to spend more time with Amanda until she does. You see, Phil. Amanda is interested in you "as more than a friend" because you posed a challenge to her (you talked about Katie the whole time, you said). THAT is what you DIDN'T do with Katie. If you took that same scenario and flipped it around to where you talked to Katie about Amanda the whole time, I'm guessing Katie would do the same thing.

creek14
01-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Did Amanda say anything to Katie about almost hooking up with you? That's the key. You need to get Amanda and Katie talking about you. If that happens I'm guessing Katie steps up to the plate a little more than she has been. If Amanda didn't do that, you need to spend more time with Amanda until she does. You see, Phil. Amanda is interested in you "as more than a friend" because you posed a challenge to her (you talked about Katie the whole time, you said). THAT is what you DIDN'T do with Katie. If you took that same scenario and flipped it around to where you talked to Katie about Amanda the whole time, I'm guessing Katie would do the same thing.
Oh dear God, how did you ever get married? :eek: ;) If K and A start talking, our buddy Phil will end up spending many a Saturday night with his favorite blow-up doll. They will think he is playing them both and he'll be left high and dry - so to speak... :smokin:

Raisor
01-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by creek14
Oh dear God, how did you ever get married? :eek: ;) If K and A start talking, our buddy Phil will end up spending many a Saturday night with his favorite blow-up doll. They will think he is playing them both and he'll be left high and dry - so to speak... :smokin:

Amanda knows for sure about Katie, no question about that. katie doesn't know about Amanda, but then no one does (well, unless they read this thread. Oh crap)

KronoRed
01-05-2004, 10:38 PM
Does Katie have a computer? time to sabotage it. (After searching for Redzone evidence)

Roy Tucker
01-05-2004, 11:33 PM
Lord love a duck.

Phil, quit being a nice guy. Be the bastard. Just start boinking 'em both without a conscience. It's actually quite liberating.

And if someone talks or finds out, so what? You had a hell of a run in the meantime. At least there won't be this talk of "close to second base" and "we stopped in time". You'll have been at the plate taking your full cuts and swinging from the heels.

Johnny Footstool
01-06-2004, 12:37 AM
Yeah, start swinging for the fences. Chicks dig the long ball. And strikeouts are no different than regular outs.

RFS62
01-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Roy Tucker
Lord love a duck.

Phil, quit being a nice guy. Be the bastard. Just start boinking 'em both without a conscience. It's actually quite liberating.

Yep, It's time for "Bad Phil" to make the scene. Dangerous Phil.

Doppleganger Phil.

If it works, they'll be fighting over you. If not, you can blame it on a chemical imbalance and temporary insanity and go back to Doormat Phil.

Yachtzee
01-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Think "Adam Dunn", not "Juan Castro".

Raisor
01-06-2004, 11:17 PM
If not, you can blame it on a chemical imbalance and temporary insanity and go back to Doormat Phil.

Well, I AM hypoglycemic.

hmmmmmm..

Actually, Amanda and I have decided to date for awhile and just see what happens.

RFS62
01-06-2004, 11:20 PM
Well, I AM hypoglycemic.

hmmmmmm..

Actually, Amanda and I have decided to date for awhile and just see what happens.

FINALLY!!!!!!

The voice of reason!!!!

:beerme: :thumbup:

RBA
01-06-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Yachtzee
Think "Adam Dunn", not "Juan Castro".

And don't pull a Steve Garvey, use protection. :eek:

KronoRed
01-06-2004, 11:36 PM

WOOOHOOO! Hooray for the right choice! :D
Of course we'll need complete date rundowns ;)

Redsfaithful
01-06-2004, 11:42 PM
Raisor I always thought you'd make the smart choice. I imagine all of RedsZone is proud of you. :thumbup:

Chip R
01-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Actually, Amanda and I have decided to date for awhile and just see what happens. Good for you, Phil! :thumbup: Now don't just look at Amanda as a consolation prize or someone you can blow off if Katie decides she wants you. But if there aren't any sparks between you and Amanda, all bets are off.

You all know, though, if Phil "settles down" we're going to have to get our entertainment fix elsewhere. :lol:

MWM
01-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Great choice Raisor. The only problem is I'm bored now. What's in it for us? :evilgrin:

TeamCasey
01-07-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Chip R

You all know, though, if Phil "settles down" we're going to have to get our entertainment fix elsewhere. :lol:

Where's the Chip thread?

Raisor
01-07-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Chip R

Considering how neurotic I am, I don't think ya'll will find there's a lack of entertainment.

Amanda told Katie and Kristen last night. Kristen LITERALLY fell on the floor in shock :D.

She didn't say how Katie took it.

I told a couple other people last night, and they ALL had expected it. For a year now. They asked what took so long.

Who knew?

GAC
01-07-2004, 06:56 AM
Why do I feel this is starting to pan out as that 19th century Rostand drama "Cyrano De Bergerac"?

The girls obvioulsy represent the beautiful, yet unattainable Roxane.

Phil is Christian, the tongue-tied sabermetrics fool who thinks a date is something that grows on trees. So he gets the aid of...

Cyrano (Redszone), who are hiding in the shadows prompting Christian with love poems and speeches, to win the heart of Roxane (and might I add it's getting awfully crowded here in the shaodows).

'Tis enormous! Old Flathead, empty-headed meddler, know
That I am proud possessing such appendice.
'Tis well known, a big nose is indicative
Of a soul affable, and kind, and courteous,
Liberal, brave, just like myself, and such
As you can never dare to dream yourself,
Rascal contemptible! For that witless face
That my hand soon will come to cuff--is all As empty. . .

We then switch to the final scene with Phil (Reggie Hammond in 48 hours) in prison singing..... "ROANNNNNNE! PUT OUT THE RED LIGHT!!"

GoReds
01-07-2004, 07:26 AM
Is there a picture forethecoming of Amanda or did I miss a chapter....

letsgojunior
01-07-2004, 08:48 AM
I still think this has major entertainment value.

We just need Phil to post his OPS after every date.:D

Chip R
01-07-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by TeamCasey
Where's the Chip thread?

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18961

GAC
01-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by GoReds
Is there a picture forethecoming of Amanda or did I miss a chapter....

Sorry GR, you'll just have to wait until the season ends and it comes out on DVD! :lol:

15fan
01-07-2004, 09:50 AM
I'm so disappointed.

Not in Phil, but in the rest of you.

Doesn't anyone watch the Simpsons? Didn't anyone ever make a prank phone call?

Two full pages of Phil talking about Amanda, and no one has come up with a witty question or comment about her whether her last name is something like, oh, I don't know, Hugandkiss.

That's sad, people. I can only hope that if someone starts talking about someone named I.P., you do a lot better.

And Phil - good for you. :thumbup:

Chip R
01-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by 15fan
I'm so disappointed.

Two full pages of Phil talking about Amanda, and no one has come up with a witty question or comment about her whether her last name is something like, oh, I don't know, Hugandkiss. :doh:

Red Leader
01-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Great news, Phil. I look forward to the updates on the Phil and Amanda show, premiering right after the Super Bowl on Fox. :laugh:

Honestly, I think you made the right choice, and hopefully, like others said, you don't look at it like a consolation prize. I'm sure Amanda can please just as much as Katie could, and she seems to want to treat you better as well.

Keep us informed.

GIK
01-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Good choice, Phil.

Raisor
01-07-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by 15fan
I'm so disappointed.

Two full pages of Phil talking about Amanda, and no one has come up with a witty question or comment about her whether her last name is something like, oh, I don't know, Hugandkiss.

By the way, I DO call her that. She hates it, but I don't care :)

Yachtzee
01-08-2004, 09:42 AM
By the way, I DO call her that. She hates it, but I don't care :)

Just as long as she doesn't start calling you "The Flaming Moe".:)

Raisor
01-10-2004, 09:35 AM
Just a small update. Things are going swimmingly well with Amanda and I.

Chip R
01-10-2004, 10:18 AM
What's this "small update" crap? We want details, man! ;)

KronoRed
01-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Great, another day waiting for Phil to update us :mad:

;)

creek14
01-10-2004, 07:53 PM
I think Phil gave us a lot of information. Didn't he say he has good swimmers...

Can I say that here or is that more a post for the subscribers forum?

KronoRed
01-10-2004, 10:23 PM
Hmm, did not think of it like that.
Can I say now..Ewwww

Raisor
01-11-2004, 07:16 PM
We went and saw Big Fish last night. What a great freaking movie.