Waiver Time: 1 day

Can't Cut List Provider: None

Trade Review: Commissioner

Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Max Games Played: 162

Max Innings Pitched: 1450

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Tuesday, Mar 30

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, DL, DL

Stat Categories: AB, R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG, OPS, IP, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, H, BB, K, TB, ERA, WHIP

Please sign up if you are interested in playing....

EmtyRedsFan
02-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Im In

savafan
02-18-2004, 01:32 PM
I'm in as well

Sabo Fan
02-18-2004, 06:27 PM
I'll join too, I need at least four leagues going at a time to keep me occupied, so this makes two.

Red Leader
03-08-2004, 01:42 PM
I have changed the draft time of this league from 8:15 to 8:30. No big deal, only 15 minutes, but wanted to post so that others knew as well. There are still several open spots in this league. If you are interested, please join.

Red Leader
03-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Here are the updated postions / categories:

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, DL, DL

Stat Categories: AB, R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG, OBP, SLG, W, L, CG, SV, HR, BB, K, TB, ERA, WHIP

savafan
03-09-2004, 10:53 PM
We only have 7 teams in the league. Yahoo won't let us draft with an odd number of teams.

I will be at work tomorrow night, so I'll have to auto-draft :thumbdn:

Sabo Fan
03-09-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by savafan
We only have 7 teams in the league. Yahoo won't let us draft with an odd number of teams.

It's not head-to-head so it shouldn't matter.

savafan
03-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Sabo Fan
It's not head-to-head so it shouldn't matter.

Oh, I thought it was standard that you always had to have an even #

Redny
03-09-2004, 11:36 PM
No, Yahoo rules state that even numbers are only required in head-to-head leagues. Any number from 4 to 20 can be used in other leagues.

savafan
03-09-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Redny
No, Yahoo rules state that even numbers are only required in head-to-head leagues. Any number from 4 to 20 can be used in other leagues.

ah, thanks for clarifying. Disregard my earlier panicked post.

Red Leader
03-10-2004, 10:00 AM
It would still be nice to have more than 7 teams in the league. Anyone interested in playing this year??? Draft is tonight at 8:30. It doesn't matter if you have experience or not. I set this league up to have some fun. If you are a rookie, we'll teach you along the way....

savafan
03-10-2004, 10:19 AM
I think juniorfan91 would be a great fantasy player, and the kid would have fun doing it as well, but I can't PM or e-mail him.

Red Leader
03-10-2004, 10:25 AM
I think juniorfan91 would be a great fantasy player, and the kid would have fun doing it as well, but I can't PM or e-mail him.

Why? Can't he accept PM's or emails?

savafan
03-10-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Red Leader
Why? Can't he accept PM's or emails?

No, apparently both are disabled in his user CP

Redny
03-10-2004, 12:01 PM
I'm at my max of 4, or I would.

Boss-Hog
03-10-2004, 12:32 PM
I can enable his ability to receive PMs for the purpose of this, if you'd like.

Red Leader
03-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Boss-Hog
I can enable his ability to receive PMs for the purpose of this, if you'd like.

That would be really great, Boss. I appreciate your offer. You guys really go out of your way to make people happy around here, and it is much appreciated. I've been holding off on subscribing for too long now (hoping to save some money for a new vehicle). I don't think the $20 or so will hurt me too much in my efforts. I'll try to get that in to you by the end of the week.

Boss-Hog
03-10-2004, 01:09 PM
Thanks RL. I enabled his PMs (temporarily, anyway), so go ahead and give it a try when you get a chance.

Boss

Red Leader
03-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Sava, do you want to go ahead and send it or do you want me to? Thanks again, Boss :beerme:

Red Leader
03-10-2004, 05:41 PM
Still only 7 signed up and the draft is less than 3 hours away. C'mon people!!! For those already signed up do you want to go ahead with 7 or do you want me to try and change the draft date/time???

Sabo Fan
03-10-2004, 06:21 PM
Seven players if fine by me if it is with everyone else. I can see if maybe a friend of mine will join.

Red Leader
03-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Anyone will do...recruit, recruit, recruit.

Red Leader
03-10-2004, 06:32 PM
uggggh. I just got a call from my wife that she has to go to a meeting tonight, which means I'll be home to watch our 5 year old and 6 month old. We just got back from Cali and they are still on PST as far as bed goes. No way they are both asleep at 8:30. I'm going to change this draft time until next week if I can. Hopefully we'll get more players by then. If anyone has a problem with next Monday night, let me know and I'll change again.

Red Leader
03-10-2004, 06:34 PM
Changed draft time until Monday, March 15 at 8:30. Sorry for the last minute bail out. I was really looking forward to a draft tonight. If ANYONE has an issue with next Monday night, please post here and I will change it again.

Larkin Fan
03-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Are there anymore open spots?

Red Leader
03-11-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Larkin Fan
Are there anymore open spots?

Plenty of spots, LF. There are 7 signed up now. I have the league max at 10, but will change if there is more interest. Please sign up, we'd love to have you. I know juniorfan91 is going to sign up (with help from Boss), so that would make 9 if you signed up as well.

savafan
03-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Plenty of spots, LF. There are 7 signed up now. I have the league max at 10, but will change if there is more interest. Please sign up, we'd love to have you. I know juniorfan91 is going to sign up (with help from Boss), so that would make 9 if you signed up as well.

So you were able to contact him? I had already left for work yesterday when you posted the message about one of us PMing him.

Red Leader
03-11-2004, 10:24 AM
So you were able to contact him? I had already left for work yesterday when you posted the message about one of us PMing him.

I sent him a PM yesterday and he sent me one back saying that he would definately be interested in joining. I gave him the league information and link to sign up. He hasn't signed in yet, but I'm sure he'll be in there soon. Thanks for recommending him.

savafan
03-11-2004, 10:33 AM
I sent him a PM yesterday and he sent me one back saying that he would definately be interested in joining. I gave him the league information and link to sign up. He hasn't signed in yet, but I'm sure he'll be in there soon. Thanks for recommending him.

Not a problem, I look forward to playing with him. He has an amazing amount of baseball knowledge for someone so young.

Sabo Fan
03-11-2004, 12:04 PM
Not a problem, I look forward to playing with him. He has an amazing amount of baseball knowledge for someone so young.

You guys have it all backwards. You're supposed to find players who will take the likes of Felix Escalona and Yorvit Torrealba simply because they like their names. That way, boring-name guys such as Roy Halladay and Todd Helton are left to the rest of us.

savafan
03-11-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Sabo Fan
You guys have it all backwards. You're supposed to find players who will take the likes of Felix Escalona Yorvit Torrealba simply because they like their names. That way, boring-name guys such as Roy Halladay and Todd Helton are left to the rest of us.

:lol:

Red Leader
03-11-2004, 12:21 PM
I tried that with one of my posts about experience not being required and that we'd help beginners learn along the way....didn't seem to attract too many people.

Larkin Fan
03-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Red Leader,

Just signed up. Should be fun. :)

Red Leader
03-11-2004, 01:07 PM
Good to have you again this year, LF. This is turning out to be a real good league. Glad I had to delay the draft so you guys could join. :thumbup:

Crosley68
03-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Look forward to the fun.

Red Leader
03-15-2004, 05:59 PM
Just a heads up.

The draft will start at 8:30pm. Draft slots will be assigned by Yahoo about 30 minutes before the draft starts. Good luck to all. Looking forward to a fun-filled season.

Also, griffeyfan91 couldn't join. He said that he was too young to join per Yahoo specifications. Not sure why he didn't just tell Yahoo he was older, but that's not my choice, and I respect his choice, so it looks like we're going into the draft with 8 teams.