PDA

View Full Version : I need help guys (opinions on team)

Red Leader
03-17-2004, 06:28 AM
I just drafted this team in a 10 team head to head league on Yahoo. Worst draft (IMO) I've ever had. My computer crashed in round 2 and I didn't get to make that pick, it was made for me by the system. Anyway, the categories for hitters are: R, HR, RBI, SB, K, AVG, OBP, SLG. The categories for pitchers are: IP, W, L, CG, SV, HR, K, ERA, WHIP.

My team:

C J. Posada (NYY - C)
1B T. Helton (Col - 1B)
2B J. Spivey (Mil - 2B)
3B H. Blalock (Tex - 3B)
SS D. Jeter (NYY - SS)
CI M. Cabrera (Fla - 3B,LF)
MI A. Cintron (Ari - 3B,SS)
OF G. Sheffield (NYY - RF)
OF B. Giles (SD - LF,CF)
OF L. Gonzalez (Ari - LF)
OF G. Jenkins (Mil - LF)
Util K. Millar (Bos - 1B,LF,DH)
Util E.Martinez (Sea - DH)

SP M. Mussina (NYY - SP)
SP J. Pineiro (Sea - SP)
SP F. Garcia (Sea - SP)
SP J. Moyer (Sea - SP)
RP O. Dotel (Hou - RP)
RP A. Rhodes (Oak - RP)
P B. Myers (Phi - SP)
P A. Benitez (Fla - RP)
P A. Burnett (Fla - SP)

What can I do? I have NO team speed and my pitching needs an upgrade, IMO. Please help and offer any advise possible.

TeamCasey
03-17-2004, 07:49 AM
I feel your pain. I also went through computer troubles during the draft. I had to surrender to the "suggest" button.

Red Leader
03-17-2004, 09:50 AM
One trade I have in the works has me trading SP Jamie Moyer and 1B/OF Kevin Millar for Johan Santana and 2B Roberto Alomar. He needs help at 1B (Nevin) and has power pitching depth at SP to trade Santana and not be too effected by the drop in K's. I don't know if I want Alomar back in return in that trade or not because I was planning on dropping Spivey to pick up Hairston, Jr when he gets off the DL. He also has Griffey, so I could trade Moyer and Millar for Santana and Griffey, if I wanted to. I was also thinking of dropping Edgar and picking up Milton Bradley or Marlon Byrd, who provide more speed.

Steals:
The way I see it Jeter might steal some bags for me, say 20-25. Sheffield stole 18 last year, but I doubt he runs as much this year. I think Giles' days of running are over as well after last year's knee problem. Next in line I have Cintron and Millar with 3 and Posada with 2. Not very good.

Pitching:
I don't like having 3 Mariners starters, and even though Moyer won 21 games last year, he doesn't help too much in K's, Santana would definately be an upgrade.

Thoughts?? Please help...this league has a lot of cash riding on it.

Red Leader
03-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Other team is interested in two deals I have proposed:

1) I trade Moyer, Millar...I get Santana, R.Alomar

2) I trade Moyer, Millar, E.Martinez...Oswalt, Alomar, Griffey (and he may have interest in switching Hinske for Alomar)

Which one would you do? Deal #2 seems nice since I get Oswalt. Neither one really costs me a real important player to my team, IMO.

savafan
03-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Is Tony Armas Jr. available?

Also, what about Alex Sanchez, Dave Roberts, Michael Young or Eric Young?

savafan
03-17-2004, 11:16 AM
Trade # 2

Red Leader
03-17-2004, 11:19 AM
Alex Sanchez, Dave Roberts, and Eric Young are available. The only problem with them is that they REALLY drag your SLG% down, which is why I didn't take Juan Pierre when he slipped to round 8. Armas, Jr was drafted right after I took Burnett in round 20 (of 22 rounds). What do you think of the trade offers, Sava?

savafan
03-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Both trade offers will help you. I'm partial to trade #2, because I feel that this is the year that Griffey will be healthy and Houston should win a lot of games. I don't know if being out of New York will help Alomar, but he didn't really light the world on fire in Chicago at the end of last season.

Will Jeff DaVanon be starting in Anaheim? He may be worth a look, as he has some power and speed.

Red Leader
03-17-2004, 12:53 PM
Current deal on the table has me giving up Moyer and Millar and getting Santana and Hinske in return. I would then have Blalock, Hinske, M.Cabrera, and Cintron as 3B/ CI. One team in my league has Pedro, Wood, Colon, Mulder, and Maddux as SP's and their 3B is Beltre. I would offer them Garcia and Blalock for Pedro or Wood, or Garcia and Cabrera for Mulder....

BTW, the Oswalt deal fell apart. He doesn't want to part with Oswalt unless he get Mussina, which I can't do.