PDA

View Full Version : beginner to fantasy baseball (HELP!)

bthomasiscool
04-10-2004, 07:07 PM
Hey everybody,
Beginner to Fantasy Baseball and looking for some help, not exactly sure how everything works, with the bench players, P's, rp's, ut, etc...so any help on suggested lineups or anything would be greatly appreciated

my team:

C Ivan Rodriguez
1b Richie Sexson
2b Luis Castillo
3b Adrian Beltre
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Carlos Beltran
OF Ken Griffey Jr.
OF Pat Burrell
UT Adam Dunn
BN Charles Johnson
BN Mike Cameron
BN Jose Guillen
BN Cliff Floyd

SP Barry Zito
SP Esteban Loaiza
RP Armando Benetiz
RP Guermillo Mota
P Greg Maddux
P Dontrelle Willis
P Tom Glavine
BN (DL) Jason Schmidt

Johnny Footstool
04-10-2004, 07:59 PM
Your lineup looks pretty good. Personally, I wouldn't use a roster spot on Charles Johnson, though -- backup catchers are a dime a dozen on the waiver wire, and I don't think Johnson is anything special.

We need to know a little more about your league. How many teams are there? What's the scoring system? Can you put your injured players on the DL and acquire a replacement?

bthomasiscool
04-10-2004, 08:06 PM
12 team league, currently in 2nd place...Rotossuire (sp?) scoring, cannot place players on DL....question I have is, do I only get points for the players I have starting? what about utility and bench players. Also do I get points for my (P) pitchers as well as (sp) starting pitchers?

savafan
04-10-2004, 08:40 PM
I'd hang onto Charles Johnson for now. He's started off hot, and he's playing in Colorado, so he may be able to put together a good season. He's done it before.

Johnny Footstool
04-11-2004, 12:20 PM
"P" is the equivalent of the Utility position -- you can use either starting pitchers or relievers, and yes, you do get points for that position. You get points for all your players EXCEPT the ones on the bench.