PDA

View Full Version : Do this trade as well

Red Leader
04-13-2004, 07:01 PM
Ok, I've addressed my offense in another thread, now it's time for the pitching staff:

My starters / relievers now:

M.Mussina
J. Moyer
J. Pineiro
F. Garcia
B. Myers
A. Eaton

O. Dotel
A. Benitez
A. Rhodes

In the trade I would send SP Joel Pineiro and RP Arthur Rhodes and receive SP Brandon Webb and RP Joe Nathan. Thoughts? Would this be an upgrade at both SP and RP? I think Webb is better than Pineiro, but I think Rhodes is better than Nathan, but by how much? Will Nathan lose his job at some point this season?

Ender
04-13-2004, 08:07 PM
I don't worry about relievers too much. Maybe that's my downfall. I figure I can always grab a soon-to-closer off the waiver wire if I pay attention to who's about to be demoted.

Last year I was a rookie, and sitting in ninth place and going nowhere, so I traded all my closers for starters and ended up sneaking into the playoffs. I got killed there quick, but I was there. :p

CincySig
04-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Could be a good trade in your favor because Rhodes might not pitch every day (in cases when he could record saves. The team in my league is shopping Rhodes around, but no one wants to trade for him. If you could trade him away now, it might work out for you down the line.

EmtyRedsFan
04-14-2004, 03:43 PM
RL,

I really dont think I would do that deal personally,

I would say Webb and Pinero are about even neither one is really any better than the other. I think Pinero will actually do better as the season continues on.

Rhodes will get more save opps than Nathan for a sheer fact of being with Oakland and having a stacked SP ahead of him. Just my opinion.