PDA

View Full Version : Drop Brett Myers?

Red Leader
04-16-2004, 01:35 AM
I have Brett Myers, SP, PHI as one of my pitchers. He went 4 2/3 in his first outing and gave up 2 ER in that start @FLA in a no decision. He went 14-9 last year, but was actually a better pitcher than that. He tired in Aug/Sep and that's when most of the losses came in. I have read that he has been having problems with is mechanics all spring, and that PHI was skipping him over in the rotation this weekend to work on them. John Thomson is available in my league. I was wanting to pick him up, but don't want to drop Mussina, F.Garcia, Moyer, Pineiro, or Adam Eaton to pick him up. That leaves Myers. Do you think Myers is the better pitcher of the two, or do you think Mazzone can work some magic on Thomson to make him the better pitcher this year?

Sabo Fan
04-16-2004, 01:38 AM
I think I'd stick with Myers for a bit longer. It may be my intense hatred of the Braves that's seeping through here, but Thompson has never shown that he can pitch well consistently enough to warrant replacing Brett Myers. I'd let both of them have a few more starts and then see where they're both at. Unless of course you think that Thompson is going to be picked up soon, but even if he is I'd rather let someone else take that gamble.