Pineiro
A. Eaton
B. Myers

A. Rhodes
A. Benitez
O. Dotel

Sabo Fan
04-20-2004, 05:17 PM
I think I would. Looper will still get you some saves, though probably not as many as Dotel, but Vasquez is a huge upgrade over Pineiro. I think Vasquez was the biggest offseason addition for the Yankees and he's going to have a huge season.

Red Leader
04-20-2004, 05:22 PM
Thanks Sabo. It also breaks up my Mariners troika that I've been dreading since draft day. The original deal was Mussina / Pineiro / Dotel for Vazquez / W. Miller / Looper, but he thinks Mussina is hurt and is hesitant to make that deal. I countered with the Pineiro / Dotel for Vazquez / Looper deal and he is thinking it over, but said that he liked it better.

Red Leader
04-20-2004, 05:32 PM
One other question. Tim Wakefield is available as a free agent in my league. Should I drop Brett Myers or Adam Eaton to pick him up. I'd hate to drop Eaton as he has pitched really well so far and has good K rates. Myers on the other hand, I'm not sure about because he's only pitched 4 2/3 innings so far!

Sabo Fan
04-20-2004, 05:38 PM
I've never been a big Wakefield fan myself, but you can't argue with results. I would give Myers a little while longer to see what he's going to do before I drop him, or maybe see if any other owners are interested in trading for him. Maybe you could use him as a sweetner in another trade.