PDA

View Full Version : What about this trade??

Red Leader
04-30-2004, 11:24 AM
My categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, K, AVG, OBP, SLG

My offense:

C - Posada
1B - Helton
2B - M. Giles
SS - D. Jeter
3B - H. Blalock
CI - M. Mora
MI - B. Roberts
OF - Sheffield
OF - B. Giles
OF - M. Cabrera
OF - M. Bradley
UT - G. Jenkins
UT - J. Burnitz
DL - A. Berroa

Angel Berroa is coming off the DL tomorrow, so I will have to make a roster move (drop someone) to get him on my active roster. Another team in my league is desperately needing a second baseman (has Durham). He offered me 1B/OF/3B Aubrey Huff in return for OF Geoff Jenkins and 2B Brian Roberts. In doing this trade, I would open a spot for Berroa and add Huff. What do you guys think? Is that a good trade for me. Huff has struggled out of the gate this year, but I really feel that he is going to gradually get better to the point where he is going to be a real offensive force throughout the season. He had 85+ extra base hits last year!! Jenkins is an injury risk every year, and because I have Berroa, Roberts is expendable. I don't need Huff for 3B since I have Blalock, Cabrera, and Mora all eligible there, but his bat would be a nice addition for me CI or UT spot. Thoughts?

Sabo Fan
04-30-2004, 12:30 PM
I'd make that trade. Jenkins is probably going to miss some time sooner or later and Roberts will be splitting time once Hairston comes back. I think Huff will break out soon, he'd better he's on almost every one of my teams.

Red Leader
05-04-2004, 10:37 AM
That trade was scrapped as he has picked up Ronnie Belliard for 2B and is all giddy about it thinking that he "stole" the league MVP this year. Good God.

He asked about the availability of Melvin Mora. What do you think of that trade:

Melvin Mora for Aubrey Huff straight up? Seems like a steal to me, the only thing is I might take a shot in the short term as Huff isn't playing too well right now and Mora is, but Mora typically struggles in the second half of the season, and Huff usually gets better starting in mid May and goes on a tear. Seems like a good deal for me really.

Also have a deal of Burnitz / Jenkins for Vernon Wells. If I can do both of those trades, my offense would be UNREAL.

Sabo Fan
05-04-2004, 01:57 PM
Do the Mora-Huff deal, as well as the Wells trade. Like you said, Mora will fade and Huff has been showing a few positive signs of late. Same with Wells, he looks like he might be coming out of his slump, especially now that Delgado is hitting.

Ender
05-04-2004, 08:52 PM
The Mora-Huff deals looks like a no brainer, but the way they been playing lately still makes it tough. Mora's stats this week are not too far off from what Huff has totalled the whole year. :(

Mora .440 - 1 - 5
Huff .193 - 3 - 9

I've got Mora, and although I should trade him for Huff, I'd prolly be swayed by the "right now".