PDA

View Full Version : 91% of RedsZone supports Junior

Unassisted
05-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Edskin proposed this poll in the Furman vs. Junior thread and I think it'll be interesting to see where RedsZoners stand. Simple question. Expound in the thread if you wish to be more complex.

(Note to Mods: This poll will close on 05-10-2004 at 05:25 PM... Sticky-worthy until then?)

zombie-a-go-go
05-07-2004, 08:09 PM
yes yes yes; I'd vote twice if I could.

LvJ
05-07-2004, 08:14 PM
I think it's quite obvious, Andy Furman does not post here under a secret idenity!

buckeyenut
05-07-2004, 08:57 PM
I think it's quite obvious, Andy Furman does not post here under a secret idenity!

Well, he does have one vote now. So I would say it is likely he does. :)

KronoRed
05-07-2004, 09:18 PM
One vote huh? is that Gallagar or furball? ;)

tremere
05-07-2004, 11:24 PM
What kind of poll is this? You know dang well that anyone that says "NO" is going to get bashed. This is baited poll, to say the least.

RosieRed
05-07-2004, 11:25 PM
What kind of poll is this? You know dang well that anyone that says "NO" is going to get bashed. This is baited poll, to say the least.

As far as I know, you can't see how each person votes, only the total.

Unassisted
05-07-2004, 11:38 PM
What kind of poll is this? You know dang well that anyone that says "NO" is going to get bashed. This is baited poll, to say the least. I don't mean this in a snide way, but I have no idea how you voted, no interest in knowing how anyone else voted and AFAIK, no one else does either. The tally is the interesting part. Commenting in the thread is strictly voluntary.

MarinerGeek
05-08-2004, 12:20 AM
Nice to see you guys backing Jr. He's always gotten a bad rap, some of it deserved, most of it not IMO.

Here's some good entertainment for you guys. There's a new grass roots campaign starting in Seattle to bring Griffey back to Seattle.

www.BringGriffeyHome.com (http://www.BringGriffeyHome.com)

Ron Madden
05-08-2004, 02:41 AM
I've always supported JR.
Don't think I've ever really hated anyone,
but Andy Furman comes pretty close.

TeamCasey
05-08-2004, 06:29 AM
The poll is vague. Am I supporting him for some in particular, or just as a player/person?

I said yes, I support him. I hope he overcomes all his demons and injuries and makes all these sportswriters/casters eat crow. Speak with your bat and your glove, Griff, otherwise don't give them the time of day!

Unassisted
05-08-2004, 08:54 AM
The poll is vague. Am I supporting him for some in particular, or just as a player/person?Though it was prompted by the Furman imbroglio, this is support in a general sense... or, like you put it "as a player/person."

Hobo
05-08-2004, 11:29 AM
I voted yes, only because without him performing at a high level the reds won't have much success, but as a person he's seemed quite snooty to me, ecspecially the last couple games, where I guess his line of thinking is hey I'm Ken Griffey Jr. I'm too good to be batting fifth(just me). I never been a Junior guy, but I am a Reds guy, so anyone in that uniform I root for.

GAC
05-08-2004, 12:21 PM
I think you need to clarify as to supporting him on what? ;)

lollipopcurve
05-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Native Cincinnatian.
Grew up with the Big Red Machine, literally.
Wanted to come back to play in his hometown.
One of the greatest players in the history of baseball.

If we don't support this player -- through thick and thin -- who will we support?

Go Griff -- 15 to 500.

KittyDuran
05-08-2004, 05:18 PM
I support any player who is wearing the red wishbone "C"... :)

BTW, I agree with TC the poll is very vague - there are times I want to spank Jr's behind :evil: for some of his actions on and off the field.

KittyDuran
05-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Native Cincinnatian. Hmmm... what would Donora (sp?), PA say? ;)

Unassisted
05-08-2004, 05:49 PM
OK, for clarification, by popular request, although it pains me to put too fine a point on this, especially since so many have voted and I have this nagging fear that I'm stepping into a minefield. <wincing smiley here> How about if I phrase it this way?

"The RedsZone perception of Ken Griffey, Jr. is complicated. Most appreciate his play on offense and defense. Some wince at his high salary. Most wish that the rash of injuries which have befallen our superstar had never happened. Some react strongly as he spars with the local and national media. Setting aside the specifics like those... as a general rule, do you support Ken Griffey, Junior?"

Before I update the question... I'd like to get a reaction from those who requested the change and from those who already voted but feel that they would have voted differently on this version of the question. If you don't want to speak up in the thread, just PM me and I'll preserve your anonymity.

TeamCasey
05-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Nah! I think you clarified it. "As a general rule", I support Griff ..... and I think most would. I think he's great. I would just like to see a salary challenged team not have to rely on 1-2 players. I want a team. I want a team that gelled like 99. (On that note ...... I am open to "trade Casey, Griff or Graves threads when we talk about balancing the team and upgrading it .... even though it doesn't always come across. Depends on how the debate is presented.)

WrigleyvilleRed
05-08-2004, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=KittyDuran]I support any player who is wearing the red wishbone "C"... :)

Concisely stated. I agree. :thumbup:

rotnoid
05-08-2004, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=KittyDuran]I support any player who is wearing the red wishbone "C"... :)

Excellent sentiment, shouldn't we all?

As far as junior is concerned, it's hard to knock a guy that could just as easily dog it on defense like sosa or bonds and just sit back and hit homers. Thanks Griff for laying it all out there.

NDRed
05-08-2004, 11:50 PM
I think "Do you support KGJ in his feud with WLW?" would be an interesting question.

missionhockey21
05-09-2004, 12:39 AM
Native Cincinnatian.
Grew up with the Big Red Machine, literally.
Wanted to come back to play in his hometown.
One of the greatest players in the history of baseball.

If we don't support this player -- through thick and thin -- who will we support?

Go Griff -- 15 to 500.
I agree with all of this, except it is now 13 to 500! :thumbup: ;)

I will support Jr. through it all. A really good person and ballplayer, not much to dislike other than the injuries which arent even his fault.

GAC
05-09-2004, 06:38 AM
I've never faulted or ragged on a player because he was hurt. And IMO, regardless of who it is, I find it ridiculous to do so.

Especially when I look at the manner inwhich Jr got injured... Giving 100% and playing hard.

It has to be very frustrating for Jr. Alot more for him then the fans.

If it wasn't for the injuries, then we wouldn't even be having this discussion/poll.

kxblue
05-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Do I support Furman?
Hell no

Do I want Jr to do well?
Yes

However, I think Jr whines too much. Fans are fans and for 10 mil a year, he should not complain nor get involved with fans. It is crazy for professional athletes to complain about the media as well. Media want contraversey, they want the big story. For 10 mil, he should certainly respect the people who make his contract possible, the ones that make well less than 1/100 of what he makes, the fans.

MaxMeridius
05-10-2004, 04:37 PM
No, I'm not Junior's jock. :lol:

Ron Madden
05-10-2004, 07:15 PM
I hear Furball is bad mouthing JR. again tonight.
I refuse to listen to that Idiot.

Unassisted
05-11-2004, 10:36 AM
The poll is closed and the final results are in. 91% of RedsZone supports Ken Griffey, Jr. Thanks for voting!

BTW, let me say for the record that Edskin is a genius! He predicted before the poll was even posted that this outcome would be 90%-10%, a figure which held for most of the time that the poll was open. :notworthy

Edskin
05-11-2004, 02:51 PM
BTW, let me say for the record that Edskin is a genius!

Unassisted has just learned what the rest of Redszone already knew :)

BTW-- thanks for posting the poll-- nice to have a prediction validated for once :)

SYCMiniBus
05-11-2004, 03:41 PM
There was firebobboone.com and firebobdavie.com how about firefurball.com. Maybe that would make the retard shut his mouth, and stop alienating the teams most marketable and best (argueably) player.

Ryan the Reds Fan
05-11-2004, 03:49 PM
Wonder if there's any chance someone would read this poll "on air" Lance would be a good start, it has some pretty significant numbers associated with it. I double 700 wlw would quote it, they only choose the quotes that will support their views.

Ron Madden
05-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Maybe Matt700WLW could get Furbag to at least look at this poll.

Larkin Fan
05-11-2004, 07:22 PM
Edskin's hypothesis certainly was correct. Good call, Ed.