PDA

View Full Version : THE 2nd Annual Mr. & Mrs. SC Gathering!

SirFelixCat
05-16-2004, 02:32 PM
Good call on the title creek :p:

And yes, this is the mythical "sticky" that many have been waiting for :GAC:

OK folks, this is your chance to meet up with "the clique"! The upcoming weekend (May 21-23) is when we are making our annual trip to baseball mecca and we have having a rather large gathering of fellow 'Zoners.

THe "BIG" gathering will be Friday, May 21st, at the 5th and Vine Bar (bottom floor of the Westin Hotel, where the Reds Dugout Shop is, also right across from the downtown square). First pitch is 7:10 pm, so I'm going to guess that, so Chip doesn't complain about what time he gets off work :mhcky21: we'll probably start gathering there around 5pm. Drink and be merry!

The seats tend to hover around GAC's brothers' wknd seats, which are section 414 Row "C" or "D". You don't have to sit near us, if you don't wanna, but just wanted to throw it out for y'all;)

The known folks coming: myself, Mrs. SC, GAC, Chip, creek, KittyD, Zombie, KronoRed, the Teamsters, and RosieRed. And possible RBA, CQ, Buckeye (on the 22nd) and a few others (sorry). This is turning out to be a helluva gathering :thumbup:

We also are going to be heading to the Applebee's in Covington after the game (ON SATURDAY!!!) to celebrate the Reds Win and for the post game show. If last year was any indication, about 10 of us can fit in creek's truck and she can park in under the stadium :thumbup: So park D/T and we'll cram into the bed of the truck to make it to the game!!!

As far as the rest of the weekend goes, Mrs. SC and I will be sitting in close to the Reds dugout for the other 2 games and I will be the first in the gate for BP. We'd love to meet y'all.

Hope to see a bunch of you there. :GAC:

Oh, and the first round is on GAC :GAC: :GAC: :GAC:

(Kitty, I got yours ;) )

TeamBoone
05-16-2004, 04:02 PM
TC, TM, and I will be at 5th and Vine. TD is getting our tickets from "teenage" friends so I'm assuming she'll be there too.

See y'all then.

creek14
05-16-2004, 08:54 PM
Hey Eddie, the Applebee's thing is after the Saturday game. That's when my best bud Tracy is there with his post game Extra Innings show.

And yes, we can bring the mr creekmobile and you all can pile in the bed.

We're planning on Fri and Sat. Then TD and I are going on the following Monday and I'm going to the business day special on Thursday. This is going to be a great few days of baseball.

zombie-a-go-go
05-17-2004, 06:27 AM
I'm so there.

GAC
05-17-2004, 08:01 AM
My seats are in section 414, Row D, seats 7 thru 10.

SC- I talked to my brother just the other day, and he said he was putting the Sunday seats back for me (you and the Mrs).

bucksfan
05-17-2004, 08:50 AM
My buddy and I (same guy creek, Chip and Sandy met 2 yrs ago) are coming on the 22nd (Sat). We are staying at the Sheraton. Any pre-game plans for this one? Our plans are likely to get into town early-afternoon on Saturday, check-in hit 5th & Vine, In-Between (if weather decent), et al along with getting the requisite (for us) Skyline fix. We splurged on some club seats just 'cause the ones we originally thought we wanted were not available. So we thought, what the heck - let's try these.

If anyone wants to hook up at one of these locations or another let me know.

We will proably do the Applebees thing post-game as well, again weather permitting or creek-taxi availability ;) (I remain thankful for that generous offer of transportation 2 yrs ago!). The only caveat I throw in here is that my friend's sister was just diagnosed with some rather advanced cancer, so I am not certain how he'll be doing. He is a very stable guy and we have both dealt with the deaths of our parents at young ages to cancer, so we both are "somewhat" experienced in dealing with these things, but I do not know if he may say something like "let's just go home" or maybe he'll just want to "escape"so to speak. I am 98% sure he'll be up for all the stuff we would normally do, but you never know and I will just do whatever he's up for.

SirFelixCat
05-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Bucksfan, we might try to meet up at Rock Bottom's on Saturday...we'll work something out. creek, Mr. creek, Mrs. SC, and myself might get getting the $62 scout seats for the game...stay tuned.

RosieRed
05-17-2004, 02:13 PM
If y'all will have me, I'll be there Friday at the 5th & Vine bar.

:GAC:

Does anyone still need a ticket for Friday's game? I might have an extra. (I'll know for sure in a day or two.)

Chip R
05-17-2004, 02:21 PM

The more the merrier. :thumbup:

zombie-a-go-go
05-17-2004, 02:31 PM

Does anyone still need a ticket for Friday's game? I might have an extra. (I'll know for sure in a day or two.)

If you do have an extra, and are offering, I'll take it. Otherwise I'll just buy at the gate.

I'll even spot you a couple of beers.

KronoRed
05-17-2004, 02:43 PM

I need a ticket, but I might not have the funds till Friday :( (was just gonna get a cheap bleacher ticket)

SirFelixCat
05-17-2004, 02:49 PM
12+ and counting for Friday. 6+ on Saturday. Man, this is gonna be a blast!!!:GAC:

RosieRed
05-17-2004, 02:56 PM
If you do have an extra, and are offering, I'll take it. Otherwise I'll just buy at the gate.

I'll even spot you a couple of beers.

Free beer? The ticket is yours! ;)

PM coming your way, and Krono's way too.

bucksfan
05-17-2004, 02:59 PM
Just spoke with my buddy and he is really looking forward to the trip. Will post later in the week about plans for sure, but in the interest of spotting us - he's 6'5"/250 & I'll probably have on my newest Hud Hens cap (blue & red with a fierce looking Muddy on it) and my 15 yr old gray Reds jersey with red pinstripes.

GAC
05-17-2004, 03:17 PM
Witht the exception of the clique, the rest of you are gonna need....NAME TAGS!

:mhcky21:

GAC
05-17-2004, 03:18 PM

That would be just Rosie! :thumbup:

zombie-a-go-go
05-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Witht the exception of the clique, the rest of you are gonna need....NAME TAGS!

Elitist scum. ;) :lol:

KronoRed
05-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Elitist scum. ;) :lol:

Yep, my name tag will say "Gac sucks"

:D

GAC
05-17-2004, 04:03 PM
Yep, my name tag will say "Gac sucks"

:D

And people at the bar will then be looking quite strangely at you wondering what it means! :lol:

KronoRed
05-17-2004, 04:11 PM
And people at the bar will then be looking quite strangely at you wondering what it means! :lol:

I'll be popular :thumbup:

TeamCasey
05-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Cool! Some new folks! Have we told them about the initiation? Maybe we shouldn't tell them ahead of time. :mhcky21: :RedinDC:

It'll be great to see you all! :)

KronoRed
05-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Cool! Some new folks! Have we told them about the initiation? Maybe we shouldn't tell them ahead of time. :mhcky21: :RedinDC:

It'll be great to see you all! :)

If it involves buying anything of any kind, I must warn you Mrs.Kronos is only sending me with bus fare and the price of the ticket ;) :D

I better drive down 5th and find this place sometime this week :idea:

RosieRed
05-17-2004, 04:32 PM
I better drive down 5th and find this place sometime this week :idea:

It's right across from Fountain Square ... on the corner of 5th and Vine. ;)

TeamBoone
05-17-2004, 04:46 PM
The name is the address.

BTW, if you park at the Westin or Fountain Square underground lots, it's only a buck after 5. I usually plan my arrival at 5:01 pm.

TeamDunn
05-17-2004, 04:55 PM
I'm working on the half price tickets but have run into a snag. If worse comes to worse I'll try to pluck a teenager off the street and get them to go buy them...for a small fee. :D

Chip R
05-17-2004, 06:01 PM
All they need to know how to do is repeat the phrase, "Thank you, sir, may I have another!" :lol:

TeamCasey
05-17-2004, 07:00 PM
If it involves buying anything of any kind ......

If only it were that simple ........ hehehehe

(O.K. .... that was my best shot at a sinister laugh.)

TeamBoone
05-17-2004, 08:30 PM
TD, if you can't get them before Friday, please let us know. I'll just get tix a the Dugout Shop when we get to the Westin. Thx.

RBA
05-17-2004, 08:31 PM
I will be there. I will arrive in Cincinnati Thursday afternnoon. I will most likely use my Military ID for a free ticket on Thursday. On Friday, I will probably buy at the gate.

I am returning on Saturday, so no festivities for me that day.

See you all there at the Westin.

RBA
05-17-2004, 08:32 PM
TD, if you can't get them before Friday, please let us know. I'll just get tix a the Dugout Shop when we get to the Westin. Thx.

TB, I'll get a ticket at the Westin too, if you gals/guys don't mind sitting next to me.

TeamDunn
05-17-2004, 08:35 PM

Okie doke....I'll let you know one way or the other by Thursday.

TeamDunn
05-17-2004, 08:36 PM
TB, I'll get a ticket at the Westin too, if you gals/guys don't mind sitting next to me.

RBA, if I can get these I'll get one for you as well.

RBA
05-17-2004, 08:38 PM
RBA, if I can get these I'll get one for you as well.
Thanks alot, I'll pay you back. :thumbup:

TeamDunn
05-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Thanks alot, I'll pay you back. :thumbup:

No problem!

Ok, I'm up to 6 tickets. 2 for SC, 3 Teamsters & 1 RBA.

If anyone else wants me to try to get them for Friday night at half price please let me know before Wed afternoon. I am going to the game Wed night and will find a teen there to get the tickets! Might have to bribe them with a dog and Pepsi though! ;)

Going to get them as close as possible to: 414, Row D, seats 7 thru 10

And sad as this is going to make you guys :p: I am going to be sitting elsewhere in the park. Don't miss me too much. :D

TeamBoone
05-17-2004, 08:45 PM
RBA, I'd be honored.

creek14
05-17-2004, 09:42 PM
For you 5th and Vine virgins. We usually try to grab a few tables in the corner of the bar closest to the actual corner of 5th and Vine. We're a motley looking crew, but don't let looks fool you. We don't bite. Too hard.

SirFelixCat
05-18-2004, 12:19 AM
For you 5th and Vine virgins. We usually try to grab a few tables in the corner of the bar closest to the actual corner of 5th and Vine. We're a motley looking crew, but don't let looks fool you. We don't bite. Too hard.

When in doubt, just look/listen for the big scary guy "Booing" all of the Houston fans :GAC: :mhcky21: :thumbup:

KronoRed
05-18-2004, 12:24 AM
When in doubt, just look/listen for the big scary guy "Booing" all of the Houston fans :GAC: :mhcky21: :thumbup:

Check

*note to self..those people you are going to roll your eyes at, that's them*

:D ;)

SirFelixCat
05-18-2004, 12:37 AM
Check

*note to self..those people you are going to roll your eyes at, that's them*

:D ;)

so be it :p:

KronoRed
05-18-2004, 04:21 AM
so be it :p:

Oh you know I'm just being sarcastic :D

I shall be the shy one at the door in the orange hat :help: ;)

TeamCasey
05-18-2004, 05:49 AM

If it's nice, why don't we try to get an outdoor table? Get's pretty crowded. Just a thought.

creek14
05-18-2004, 06:20 AM
If it's nice, why don't we try to get an outdoor table? Get's pretty crowded. Just a thought.
That would work too. But we need to make a firm decision so the uninitiated can locate us.

TeamCasey
05-18-2004, 07:19 AM
True .... inside it is then. (I just get a little claustrophobic .... LOL .... but I can handle it for a bit before the game.)

The teamsters are usually decked out in Reds gear, and you can't miss the little guys. Not too many of them in there.

GAC
05-18-2004, 08:09 AM
RBA .... I will let you know FOR SURE today about that extra ticket that we might have. My brother was going to see if one of his buddies wanted it, but so far he hasn't been able to get any confirmation. So I told my brother that I need to know TODAY!

I'll leave it up to you whether you want to sit with the women.... or the GAC brothers (but we don't drool and take our tops off when certain players come to bat) :lol:

GAC
05-18-2004, 08:11 AM
That would work too. But we need to make a firm decision so the uninitiated can locate us.

At what time is everyone going to be there? I'm shooting for 4:30. If I get there I'll grab some table(s) outside. The watresses there know me by now! :mhcky21:

GAC
05-18-2004, 08:14 AM
I'm working on the half price tickets but have run into a snag. If worse comes to worse I'll try to pluck a teenager off the street and get them to go buy them...for a small fee. :D

(image of a young lad running down Vine Street yelling.... "MY EYES! MY EYES!" ) :mhcky21:

creek14
05-18-2004, 08:16 AM
At what time is everyone going to be there? I'm shooting for 4:30. If I get there I'll grab some table(s) outside. The watresses there know me by now! :mhcky21:
Okay TC just said inside, now you are saying outside.

There is a chance of rain Friday.

TeamDunn
05-18-2004, 08:26 AM
I just printed out some 8 1/2 by 11 versions of this:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/skins/RedsZone/logo.gif

Look for those and you will find us. :)

creek14
05-18-2004, 08:29 AM
I just printed out some 8 1/2 by 11 versions of this:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/skins/RedsZone/logo.gif

Look for those and you will find us. :)
Sorry TD, but I'm going to be wearing more than an 8 1/2 x 11 RedsZone sign.

(I'll have on my stunning Wishbone C genuine imitation diamond earrings too).

TeamDunn
05-18-2004, 08:35 AM

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll then...I'll call Adam tell him nevermind. He was going to show up...only wearing the *sign*. But only if you agreed to do the same :p:

I'll have on my Graves jersey. If he blows a save Friday night I will need protection getting out of that place.

TeamDunn
05-18-2004, 08:37 AM

It's been so long since I have had earrings in I will have to see if my holes are closed up.

Yeah, I left that comment as is for the peanut gallery! :mhcky21: :p:

zombie-a-go-go
05-18-2004, 08:37 AM

I'll be jetting out of work around 3pm and bussing straight downtown, so I'll look out for you. I vote for outside, unless it's nasty.

SirFelixCat
05-18-2004, 09:59 AM
I'll beat all of you there, so look for the the guy in the all Red BP jersey with #30 on the back, also with the hottie on my arm :GAC:

Also, I'm gonna grab tables INSIDE! Oh, and if Graves blows a save Friday, you're on your own ;)

TeamBoone
05-18-2004, 10:22 AM
I haven't tabulated where everyone is coming from geographically, but want everyone to be prepared weather-wise.... hot and humid in Cincinnati right now and it doesn't look to change any time soon. Plus, pop-up thunder storms are always predicted when it's like this.

GAC
05-18-2004, 10:32 AM

If that is all you girls are going to be wearing then to hell with sitting with my brothers!!! I'll let RBA have them... and I'm sitting with you girls!!! :roll:

I'll be wearing my Dunn T-Shirt and hat with matching boxers! :mhcky21:

GAC
05-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Also, I'm gonna grab tables INSIDE! Oh, and if Graves blows a save Friday, you're on your own ;)

If Graves blows a save then I'll be right there with ya! Is CQ coming because we may need some pull with the Cincy police!

I'm thinking of making up a banner.... "NOBODY SCORES ON DANNY GRAVES!" :MandJ:

GAC
05-18-2004, 10:36 AM
I haven't tabulated where everyone is coming from geographically, but want everyone to be prepared weather-wise.... hot and humid in Cincinnati right now and it doesn't look to change any time soon. Plus, pop-up thunder storms are always predicted when it's like this.

Were you there last year when we went to the game and sat out in RF? It rained like all get-out.

No one can call us fair-weather fans! Though it did feel like we were drinking 3.2 beer! :mhcky21:

TeamDunn
05-18-2004, 10:48 AM
Were you there last year when we went to the game and sat out in RF? It rained like all get-out.

No one can call us fair-weather fans! Though it did feel like we were drinking 3.2 beer! :mhcky21:

That was the game that they started late because it *might* rain...which it never did...and then they started the game and it rained...and continued to rain...up to the 9th freaking inning.

Those first row seats in the outfield made you feel like you were on the field. The players could hear us yelling. :) IIRC some of you were passed out or near passed out. :GAC: :p:

Chip R
05-18-2004, 10:53 AM
She was only sitting right in front of you. Geez, how drunk were you? :eek:

GAC
05-18-2004, 10:57 AM

I knew who was at the game. I was simply refreshing their memory of how it rained! ;)

And if I remember correctly, AND I DO (help me out here TD)...you weren't in very good shape either! :lol:

TeamDunn
05-18-2004, 10:59 AM
And if I remember correctly, AND I DO (help me out here TD)...you weren't in very good shape either! :lol:

Yeah, he was pretty much past the Otis stage. County lockup was waiting at the gates to cart him off. As you can see they released him.

Chip R
05-18-2004, 10:59 AM
I knew who was at the game. I was simply refreshing their memory of how it rained! ;)

If you remembered anything correctly that would be a first. :lol:

TeamBoone
05-18-2004, 11:36 AM

You took the words right out of my mouth, Chip!

TeamDunn
05-18-2004, 02:01 PM
I'm bringing you guys a gift Friday night!! Well, you single guys! ;)

A virgin!!!!!!

This is her first Reds game. She is one of those freaks that relocated here from Iowa. :mhcky21:

She has been here for almost 2 years and this Friday will be her first Reds game. She'll be joining me at 5th & Vine as well.

Give her lots of crap!!!! :evil:

TeamMorris
05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
No problem!

Ok, I'm up to 6 tickets. 2 for SC, 3 Teamsters & 1 RBA.

If anyone else wants me to try to get them for Friday night at half price please let me know before Wed afternoon. I am going to the game Wed night and will find a teen there to get the tickets! Might have to bribe them with a dog and Pepsi though! ;)

Going to get them as close as possible to: 414, Row D, seats 7 thru 10

And sad as this is going to make you guys :p: I am going to be sitting elsewhere in the park. Don't miss me too much. :D

Hey TD!

Make that 4 for the Teamsters. Little Team Griffey will be going also. This is going to be a blast! Can't wait to meet some new faces, not that there is anything wrong with the old ones :thumbup: ;) !

TeamMorris
05-18-2004, 04:20 PM

GAC,
Your avatar is from that game! I took the picture :lol: !

As for Friday...If someone gets there soon enough to get a few tables outside, that would be great! They are under a ledge if it rains. Either way I'm sure people will find up...hard to miss :GAC: Can't wait!!

zombie-a-go-go
05-18-2004, 04:25 PM
GAC,
Either way I'm sure people will find up...hard to miss :GAC: Can't wait!!

Yeah; just look for the table with all the ladies hovering around it... invariably, that'll be where I'm sitting. ;) :lol:

Puffy
05-18-2004, 04:54 PM
So, let me ask you guys - when you go to these gatherings do you all call each other Creek, TeamDunn, RBA or do you use your real names?

Cause when I go the the Long Legged Blond Models who You can Never Have Forum get togethers we still use each others Forum names. You know like Pervert RonnieB, Can't Git None, and George W. Bush

creek14
05-18-2004, 05:00 PM
So, let me ask you guys - when you go to these gatherings do you all call each other Creek, TeamDunn, RBA or do you use your real names?
What do you mean? Creek is my real name...

Forum names for the most part. Every now and then a real name will slip in. Gesh, that's :o

KronoRed
05-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Forum names eh? neat now I get to hear all the different ways people say "Krono" :D

and what happened to the glaze donuts smileys?

TeamCasey
05-18-2004, 06:47 PM
I call people their computer names, simply because that's how I know them. It's weird to me to call them anything else. (Plus hard for me to remember real names from gathering to gathering.)

BTW, found a great place for us to gather for an out of town game. Just went there for dinner tonight. It's the Silver Spring House on Kemper. Easy to find from the highway. Further north from Willies. Great outdoor area. I didn't realize they added a huge covered outdoor area, with lots of fans. We should try it on an off weekend.

creek14
05-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Forum names eh? neat now I get to hear all the different ways people say "Krono" :D

and what happened to the glaze donuts smileys?
In my head (which is a very frightning place to be) it's Crow no.

TeamCasey
05-18-2004, 06:48 PM
I say Crow no too.

GAC
05-18-2004, 06:52 PM
GAC,
Your avatar is from that game! I took the picture :lol: !

As for Friday...If someone gets there soon enough to get a few tables outside, that would be great! They are under a ledge if it rains. Either way I'm sure people will find up...hard to miss :GAC: Can't wait!!

Ahem. I knew that. I was asking the original question in a rhetorical sense to show that even if it rains this Friday, it ain't gonna stop us, because it didn't stop us lasy year. :lol:

Chip is starting to rub off on you women (or visa versa) :mhcky21:

RBA
05-18-2004, 07:07 PM
Chip is starting to rub off on you women (or visa versa) :mhcky21:

That sounds kind of gross or kind of kinky. :eek:

P.S. I am now in Lexington. How come they get Fox Sports South here? I thought this was Reds Country?

flyerette
05-18-2004, 09:19 PM
BTW, found a great place for us to gather for an out of town game. Just went there for dinner tonight. It's the Silver Spring House on Kemper. Easy to find from the highway. Further north from Willies. Great outdoor area. I didn't realize they added a huge covered outdoor area, with lots of fans. We should try it on an off weekend.

Love that place!! I lunch there all the time, it is great on a nice day and their chicken rocks.

I'm going to try and join you guys on Friday night!!

Chip R
05-18-2004, 09:25 PM
I'm going to try and join you guys on Friday night!!Now, by saying you will join us does that mean you are going to actually sit at the table with us or are you going to sit across the bar like you did at Willies? ;)

Redsland
05-18-2004, 10:30 PM
The Silver Spring House, AKA The Chicken Joint, sits right between my home and the office. I can join you there anytime you like.

Redsland
05-18-2004, 10:33 PM
All, including creek--I'm in. :thumbup:

Please include me in the ticket order. And I'll see you at 5th & Vine.

You're leaving at 6:00, I take it?

SirFelixCat
05-19-2004, 12:05 AM
Wow, this thing is taking off eh? Record turnout for my trip...well, that's how it SHOULD be, but still, nice to know so many care to meet my wife and I :mhcky21:

TeamCasey
05-19-2004, 06:25 AM
Silver Spring also has these awesome looking Bloody Marys. My friend got one. I would have but I never indulge during the week. One of TC's rules for living. :) It's not a crappy one that they schlep in a plastic cup. Comes with celery and shrimp in a rimmed daiquiri glass with a side of beer in a small snifter. Just looked really inviting.

Didn't get a look at the large screen TV area. They have the smaller screens that hang from the ceiling all around.

GAC
05-19-2004, 10:06 AM
What do you mean? Creek is my real name...

Forum names for the most part. Every now and then a real name will slip in. Gesh, that's :o

I use her informal name.... crick! :mhcky21:

TeamDunn
05-19-2004, 10:11 AM
Ticket order:

I'm up to 8 tickets by my counting...have not had to take my shoes off yet! :p:

2 for SC, 4 Teamsters, 1 RBA, 1 Redsland.

Please let me know if their are any add ons or deletions by 5:15 PM Eastern time today (Wednesday).

Thanks!!!

PS...I will be at The Westin (5th & Vine) from about 5:10 until Creek leaves. If you are not going to get there until 6:00 I'll be leaving your ticket with someone that is still at 5th & Vine. Please be sure to get there by 6:00. I don't believe anyone will be staying there much past that.

We can settle up funds exchanges later at the game. I won't be sitting with you guys but I'm sure I'll run into a few of you. Krono is coming down to section 129 to sit in my seat for a few minutes. :MandJ: :p:

GAC
05-19-2004, 10:12 AM
SC.... IT IS CONFIRMED! I have the 4 tix for you on Sunday!

I may very well be coming down Friday by myself, and meet up with my brothers later on. My one brother is a trucker and is currently in Florida. He says he will be back Friday morning; but barring unforeseen circumstances, he may not make it back until that afternoon. Which would mean we wouldn't get down to Cincy till around 6 or so (if that happens).

I told my brothers that if that is the case then I would meet them down there, because I wanted to get down early to meet alot of the 'zoners whom I haven't had the opportunity to meet before. They understood.

So....I'll be swinging by my bro's house to get the tix (if this happens), and then it's off to Cincy.

I'm just hoping my brother can get in early enough though so we can go down together.

When I get into Cincy SC I'll give you a call on your CP. Where are you staying?

SirFelixCat
05-19-2004, 02:50 PM
I'm at the Hyatt Regency ($35 :D), which is 1, maybe 2 blocks from 5th and Vine :thumbup:

GAC
05-19-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm at the Hyatt Regency ($35 :D), which is 1, maybe 2 blocks from 5th and Vine :thumbup:

How long when stumbling? :mhcky21:

(I know where it is). Didn't we start out there last year with writerdan, CQ, and a few others?

Isn't that where I got in the argument with that guy in the bar who was knocking Adam Dunn (ARE YOU READING THIS CREEK!!!!), and you guys had left and had to come back in and get me? :mhcky21:

Oh Yeah! I made this 4 ft banner to bring to the game!

TeamDunn
05-19-2004, 05:07 PM
Sorry but you are all on your own as far as getting tickets.

Creek, I'll get with you later via Email

RBA
05-19-2004, 05:21 PM

me too. Priceline.com :GAC:

Thursday, Friday
sadly have to check out early Saturday.

zombie-a-go-go
05-19-2004, 05:56 PM
How long when stumbling? :mhcky21:

(I know where it is). Didn't we start out there last year with writerdan, CQ, and a few others?

Isn't that where I got in the argument with that guy in the bar who was knocking Adam Dunn (ARE YOU READING THIS CREEK!!!!), and you guys had left and had to come back in and get me? :mhcky21:

Oh Yeah! I made this 4 ft banner to bring to the game!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

KronoRed
05-19-2004, 06:03 PM
I'm so glad I won't be sitting near Gac ;)

TeamCasey
05-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Sorry but you are all on your own as far as getting tickets.

Creek, I'll get with you later via Email

Hope everything is O.K.

I told TB. She's going to try to get tickets tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

Chip R
05-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Oh Yeah! I made this 4 ft banner to bring to the game!Knowing GAC it will be more like 4 inches. ;)

SirFelixCat
05-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Just got my tix for Friday:

Sect 414
Row "B"
Seats 10 & 11 :thumbup:

RBA
05-19-2004, 07:29 PM
Just got my tix for Friday:

Sect 414
Row "B"
Seats 10 & 11 :thumbup:

Sect 414
Row "A"
Seat #12

FRONT ROW! :thumbup:

creek14
05-19-2004, 09:32 PM
I know some of you thrive on complaining about this mystical magical clique, but I just want to reinforce - this thread was started to invite EVERYONE who posts here to the 5th and Vine on Friday.

Of course I guess it is just for a clique. People who can read.

KronoRed
05-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Creek I never got me clique ID card, when can I expect that? :D

RBA
05-19-2004, 10:21 PM
There is no clique. At least I am not apart of it. ;)

Chip R
05-19-2004, 10:27 PM
There is no clique. At least I am not apart of it. ;)
That's not what you said at the last clique meeting. Oops. Just blew your cover. ;)

GAC
05-20-2004, 07:39 AM
Knowing GAC it will be more like 4 inches. ;)

We know what you're measuring with then! :mhcky21:

GAC
05-20-2004, 07:42 AM
That's not what you said at the last clique meeting. Oops. Just blew your cover. ;)

Why to go Constanza! It took us years of covert training to ready him, and you blow his cover in two seconds! :mhcky21:

WrongVerb
05-20-2004, 08:01 AM
Knowing GAC it will be more like 4 inches. ;)

What's that about GAC and 4 inches again? :eek:

WrongVerb
05-20-2004, 08:04 AM
I do wish I could come, but alas my mother is going to be in the DC area on business and is stopping in to see her long-lost son over the weekend. Anyone want to come clean my house? LOL

Hey, in all seriousness, do you have more than one of these gatherings a year? If so I will plan to come to the next one.

Chip R
05-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Hey, in all seriousness, do you have more than one of these gatherings a year? If so I will plan to come to the next one.
They aren't necessarily planned way in advance. This one's a bit unusual cause SC and RBA are coming into town. But GAC gets these tickets from his brother on some Fridays and that is usually when we plan these get-togethers. As creek said these shindigs are open to everyone on the board so no one can say that they weren't invited to come to them.

Roy Tucker
05-20-2004, 11:11 AM
I know some of you thrive on complaining about this mystical magical clique, but I just want to reinforce - this thread was started to invite EVERYONE who posts here to the 5th and Vine on Friday.

Of course I guess it is just for a clique. People who can read.
Would like to make it, but I'm taking my 16 yr. old son and 2 buddies to the ball game. Hauling them into a bar probably wouldn't set well with their parents (including my wife). We'll be in sect. 128. Look for the 3 teenagers doing their best to ignore the old guy sitting with them.

zombie-a-go-go
05-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Would like to make it, but I'm taking my 16 yr. old son and 2 buddies to the ball game. Hauling them into a bar probably wouldn't set well with their parents (including my wife). We'll be in sect. 128. Look for the 3 teenagers doing their best to ignore the old guy sitting with them.

Get yourself one of GAC's banners to hold up. :evil:

TeamBoone
05-20-2004, 12:00 PM

Roy, 5th and Vine is also a restaurant. It's not unusual to see a few kids in there. We take Little TG all the time.

TeamBoone
05-20-2004, 12:03 PM

Dan (and anyone else), let us know when you're going to be in town and we'll do the rest.

I'd like to see another pregame get-together at the Inbetween Tavern sometime. Any excuses to gather will be welcomed.

bucksfan
05-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Dan (and anyone else), let us know when you're going to be in town and we'll do the rest.

I'd like to see another pregame get-together at the Inbetween Tavern sometime. Any excuses to gather will be welcomed.

I like the In Between a lot too. We will be there at some point during our pre-game fesitivities, likely closest to game time, this Saturday. ALso plan on hitting the 5th & Vine, probably before InBetween (need an abbreviation for that, my fingers don't want to type it - how about IBT?)

TeamBoone
05-20-2004, 12:21 PM
Here's this weekend's weather report:

Friday, May 21 Temp °F / Feels Like / Dew Point / Precip / Humid
5 PM Isolated T-Storms 85° / 90° / 70° /30% /60%
7 PM Partly Cloudy 83° / 87° / 69° / 30% / 62%
8 PM Partly Cloudy 81° / 85° / 69° / 30% / 66%
9 PM Partly Cloudy 78° / 81° / 69° / 20% / 72%
10 PM Mostly Clear 76° / 79° / 69° / 20% / 78%
11 PM Mostly Clear 74° / 74° / 68° / 10% /83%

Sat, May 22 Mostly Sunny 89°/67° High/Low; 10 % Precip

Sun, May 23 Partly Cloudy 88°/66° High/Low; 20 % Precip

I can't get hourly forcasts for Sat/Sun game times yet... but rest assured that it's HOT and that it's HUMID. It feels hotter than the projected temps because of the humidity.

TeamCasey
05-20-2004, 12:50 PM
Roy, 5th and Vine is also a restaurant. It's not unusual to see a few kids in there. We take Little TG all the time.

Roy,

Actually, at that time of day, it really is a crowded little happy hour joint. I'd side with your wife and the parents of the kids.

TeamCasey
05-20-2004, 12:54 PM
TB,

Did you guys go down yet? Let me know how you fared.

Roy Tucker
05-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Hmmm... I'll see what I can pull off. The problem is, I gotta boogey on up I-71 at 5:00, pick up the troops in Mason, and then back on down I-71 to the GAB. If we do show, it will be a token appearance.

Edit: saw your post TC, thanks for the heads-up.

TeamBoone
05-20-2004, 01:28 PM
It still wouldn't be a problem if we sit outside. Irregardless, we're taking LTG (is that bad?).

TeamCasey
05-20-2004, 02:02 PM
It still wouldn't be a problem if we sit outside. Irregardless, we're taking LTG (is that bad?).

No, not bad. He's with us, and he's ours. If we had someone else's kids or TG brought a little friend, I'd probably want to go right to the stadium, or at least let the parents know we were stopping. That's all I was thinking.

Chip R
05-20-2004, 02:03 PM
It still wouldn't be a problem if we sit outside. Irregardless, we're taking LTG (is that bad?).If you are taking TG with you, then inside may be the best place. He and creek, Jr. had a pretty good time in there last time. Plus you don't have to worry about them running into traffic or some evil dude snatching them up and taking off with them.

RBA
05-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Update: I'm in Cincinnati Hyatt right now. Stopped at GoldStar on my way in. Wasn't bad. I'm going for walk. But first I have to do something about this chili. Walking to the bathroom right now.

Johnny Footstool
05-20-2004, 02:25 PM
I wish I could join you folks. Sounds like a rowdy good time!

I'll be at a bar here in Olathe at 6pm, raising a toast to the Reds.

Super_Barry11
05-20-2004, 02:30 PM
I'm thinking about going down to the game tomorrow, so I might stop by... None of my available friends seem to want to sacrifice a rockin' night of underage binge drinking to go to a Reds game, so I might have to make the trip by myself... :rolleyes:

bucksfan
05-20-2004, 02:38 PM
..... But first I have to do something about this chili. Walking to the bathroom right now.

I wish I could join you folks. Sounds like a rowdy good time!

:MandJ: :roll: Sorry guys, the timing/sequence of these two well-intended posts just struck me funny. Methingks I am getting anxious about getting down there myself. :lol:

BTW - glad you made it OK RBA. Have a great time! I'll be there to take over when you leave Saturday.

KronoRed
05-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Update: I'm in Cincinnati Hyatt right now. Stopped at GoldStar on my way in. Wasn't bad. I'm going for walk. But first I have to do something about this chili. Walking to the bathroom right now.

Glad you made it :D as for the chilli, it would be much worse if you had gone to skyline ;)

flyerette
05-20-2004, 04:39 PM
probably before InBetween (need an abbreviation for that, my fingers don't want to type it - how about IBT?)

AKA the Tweener....

bucksfan
05-20-2004, 04:57 PM
AKA the Tweener....

Gotcha. My distant location deprives me of the local parlance for the various neighborhood establshments. ( I didn't know that) ;)

redsfaninbsg
05-20-2004, 06:02 PM
Is anybody actually going to Sunday's game? Thats when I'll be in town.

TeamBoone
05-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Got my Friday tickets today... the ticket lady (person?) said Saturday is almost a sellout but $5 tickets don't go on sale until gameday.

Anyway, Teamsters will be in Section 519, Rows A and B, Seats 6 and 7 (each row).

SirFelixCat
05-21-2004, 07:13 AM
JUst wanted to let those that care, that we are hitting the road NOW!!!

CINCINNATI OR BUST, HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:GAC: :thumbup:

SEE YOU ALL IN A FEW HOURS!

TeamBoone
05-21-2004, 12:49 PM
Weather update:

Here's this weekend's weather report:

Friday, May 21 Temp °F / Feels Like / Dew Point / Precip / Humid
5 PM Isolated T-Storms 82° / 86° / 70° / 30% / 66%
7 PM Partly Cloudy 81° / 85° / 70° / 20% / 68%
8 PM Partly Cloudy 80° / 84° / 70° / 20% / 71 %
9 PM Partly Cloudy 78° / 82° / 70° / 20% / 76 %
10 PM Mostly Clear 76° / 80° / 70° / 20% / 82 %
11 PM Mostly Clear 74° / 74° / 69° / 20% / 87 %

Sat, May 22
5 PM Sunny 91° / 95° / 66° / 10% / 43 %
7 PM Sunny 87° / 90° / 66° / 10% / 48 %
8 PM Sunny 84° / 87° / 66° / 10% / 54 %
9 PM Sunny 81° / 84° / 66° / 10% / 60 %
10 PM Clear 77° / 80° / 66° / 10% / 67%
11 PM Clear 75° / 75° / 66° / 10% / 73%

Sun, May 23 Partly Cloudy 88°/67° High/Low; 10 % Precip

Super_Barry11
05-21-2004, 01:31 PM
It's finalized... I'm leaving in a couple hours for Cincy!!! :D YAYEE!!!

KronoRed
05-21-2004, 01:31 PM
I love that "feels like" :eek: nice and humid :help:

zombie-a-go-go
05-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Nice and humid is good. Puts hair on your chest.

Chip R
05-21-2004, 01:54 PM
Nice and humid is good. Puts hair on your chest.
Maybe you should start spending time in a humidor. ;)

zombie-a-go-go
05-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Maybe you should start spending time in a humidor. ;)

I would, but it doesn't do much for the scalp. :D

TeamCasey
05-21-2004, 03:13 PM
There may be an extra ticket available at 5th and Vine. Cost - 1 bottled water. For someone planning on buying a ticket at the dugout shop before the game, stop in 5th and Vine and check with the crew that's there between 5 and 6. It's right across the hall. This isn't my ticket, but I can hook you up with the right person. I believe the section is 129.

My attire for this humid, sweaty evening is white shorts, yellow tank, Reds hawaiian shirt and a really dorky straw visor. I'll probably be with the cutest toddler on the face of the earth ;).

TeamCasey
05-21-2004, 03:15 PM
oh yeah, I'll be the one with the ice cold beer in my hand. ;)

bucksfan
05-21-2004, 03:56 PM
I may be being dense, what with 130-some psots about who all is going to the game this weekend, but are you and/or TB going to be attending Saturday, TC?

TeamBoone
05-22-2004, 12:19 AM
I don't think so, Buck. I'm still on the fence about Saturday's game as it's almost sold out. I sure do hope tomorrow night's game is as good as tonight's was!

How long will you be in town?

MWM
05-22-2004, 12:32 AM
:D RBA, you're in no condition to be posting right now! At least not for a few more hours.

RBA
05-22-2004, 12:34 AM
:D RBA, you're in no shape to be posting right now! At least not for a few more hours.
And your are??? :MandJ: :D

KronoRed
05-22-2004, 12:45 AM
None of you are ;)

hey..Nobody scores on Danny Graves :D

TeamCasey
05-22-2004, 05:54 AM
It was great meeting so many of you last night. The turnout was incredible. I lost track of quite a few of you at the game. I think we were split between the two levels. Great to put some faces with some names. :)

KittyDuran
05-22-2004, 10:30 AM
I'll need some help here since I didn't get to meet everybody...

Roll Call for 5/21/04:

Creek
Mr. Creek
Little Creek
Chip
GAC
CQ
CQ's GF
SC
Mrs. SC
Rosie Red
MWM
Team Casey
Team Boone
Team Morris
Team Griffey
Team Dunn
Super Barry
RBA
Redsland
Zombie
KittyDuran

Now who did I miss between 5th & Vine, the game and the Tweener??? :)

TeamMorris
05-22-2004, 11:33 AM
I had a ball last night :thumbup: Was great to meet you all!! Between GAC and I we got a bunch of pictures. Will post them later today as soon as I get a chance to look at them.

Kitty...I think that was everyone on your list. I could be wrong though.

TeamBoone
05-22-2004, 12:18 PM
"Now who did I miss between 5th & Vine, the game and the Tweener???"

Krono is the only one I can think of.

Super_Barry11
05-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Last night was awesome!! :) Thanks to everyone for being so nice and welcoming!!! Also, big thanks to Team Dunn for the ticket and KittyDuran for the cute tote bag!! :D

And to those of you lucky enough to be going to the game tonight, have a great time and GO REDS!!! :redszone:

SirFelixCat
05-22-2004, 12:32 PM
All I can say is "WOW" what a great time and a great game. Both Mrs. SC and I both had a great time meeting all of you and looking forward to seeing the Reds in first tonight! :GAC:

Oh, and "How the hell does he hit with that stance???!!! ;)

TeamBoone
05-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Yes, a good time was had by all (I didn't see anyone having a bad time so I'm assuming everyone had a good time). Loved seeing all the new faces, all the "old" faces (sorry, couldn't come up with a better word), and meeting the out-of-towners.

Wish we had longer to spend together though... we should have started at noon; but then, probably no one would have made it to the game! And it would have been a shame to miss that one.

Would love to see the Reds hand The Rocket his first loss tonight... I'll be cheering wildly. Wouldn't it be great if every single Red kicked up his offense big time tonight? Everyone clicking on all cylinders at the same time would be a thing of beauty!

Go Reds!!!

Redsland
05-22-2004, 01:57 PM
It was great meeting everyone and getting creek off my back. ;)

I can't wait for the next one. :thumbup:

RosieRed
05-22-2004, 02:15 PM
Thanks for a good time you guys, I'm glad I decided to go! It was great to meet everyone, and even sweeter to do so over a Reds win!

RBA
05-22-2004, 03:52 PM
I had a great time last night, that I can remember. It was good to finally meet "the familly". Hope I can make it up for another trip. Next time I won't drink so much, I promise. ;)

KronoRed
05-22-2004, 03:52 PM
"Now who did I miss between 5th & Vine, the game and the Tweener???"

Krono is the only one I can think of.

Thanks for noticing me ;)
http://home.fuse.net/dkurt/Eeore.gif

I had a great time everyone!! nice to meet new people, although I only remember about 5 names to faces ;) but I'm really looking forward to next time :thumbup:

and Go Reds :D

MWM
05-22-2004, 03:55 PM
I had a great time last night, that I can remember. It was good to finally meet "the familly". Hope I can make it up for another trip. Next time I won't drink so much, I promise. ;)

After last night, all the alcohol is gone. So I don't think you have to worry next time you come. :GAC:

TeamBoone
05-22-2004, 04:18 PM
I'm only sorry that I lost track of so many once we arrived at the park.... I never even got to tell SC, Mrs. SC, and RBA goodbye. The others I'm sure I'll see again soon so I'll have a chance to make up for it.

CougarQuest
05-22-2004, 04:55 PM
Super Barry, we won't tell your mom what you did. But you made the right decision.

I think we need to call Mrs. SC .... GBT Reds Fan (GBT = God Bless Texas) :)
She really needs to learn how to come out of her shell a little bit. Shy lil thing. ;) With my G/F and GBT Red Fan sitting together, lordy ... the things you learn about women watching baseball!!! Guys you won't believe this. Women want to see a left handed pitcher when they sit on the 3rd base side and want to see a right hand pitcher when they sit on the 1st base side. Is it so they can see how the ball is being delivered, ahh no. Is it to see how the pitcher holds the ball, ahh no. This next part will explain why. These two think they can tell if a pitcher is good or not by the roundness of his rump. "OH, now he is a good pitcher!!!!"

SC should never go into the prophecy buisness.

creek looked so much happier than she has in a long time, you could tell she wasn't in pain and by the way, I might add looking svelte. BTW, thank you for hauling us from 5th & Vine to the ball park!

RBA drank beer? When? lol. Hey, he was enjoying himself and wasn't hurting anyone in the process.

I won't even go into what one of the Teamsters did to me and GAC in the smoking section!!!

Hey GAC, how long did you make RFS stay on the phone on your way home last night? BTW GAC, thank you for the tickets.

And for the future, certain people will have to practice how to hold up a sign, if you ever want to get it on TV. It really does help to have it right side up.

Kitty, she never cesses to amaze me on how she constantly thinks of others.

MWM was fun to watch watching us. I could have sworn he looked at me one time and said "I sure hope he can't reproduce". I'm not sure what he meant by that, but I'm sure it was a compliment. ;)

It was nice to meet the people we haven't met before. I did notice that Krono and a female that will remain nameless seemed to get along very, very nicely.

I gave Chip a lil guff last night, but I know he knew I was just kidding. Ladies, he's been working out, getting that lean mean look.

I was able to make a little bit of money at "The Tweener", standing at the gate entrance asking for ID's and changing a small entrance fee. You'll be proud to know that I did give a 50% discount to kids. :)

MWM
05-22-2004, 10:33 PM
Man, you picked the perfect weekend to come. Two amazing games.

TeamCasey
05-23-2004, 06:06 AM
You really did get your money's worth last night!

creek14
05-23-2004, 08:44 AM
The fun continued Saturday night. Mr creek and I met up with SC and bucksfan and bucksfan cute friend at Rockbottom around 4. Mrs SC was off meeting some friends. We sat around and said secret clique things and then all headed south around 5. Bucksfan and his cute friend walked cause they needed to make a stop at the "Tweener". Mr creek, SC and I headed right to the park.

SC was like a kid at Christmas when we walked into the hallway to our seats. For those who haven't been down there yet, the entrance to the scout seats has lots of scout related things in it - like the original notes from the guy who first scouted Larkin. Stuff like that. It's cool.

Then we went out to our seats and caught the last part of Reds BP. When the Sto's took BP, SC headed off to the outfield stands to try to grab a ball, but alas, no luck.

Mrs SC got to the park around 6.

The most disturbing thing about the evening wasn't the fact that JOHN ALLEN was sitting DIRECTLY in front of us. I'm talking the very next row. It after the first time SC sucked up to him, shook his hand, and then tried to rub the Allen slime on me.

I had to redirect my gaze when John Boy gave SC a big pat-on-the-back-hug-combo post game. I'm still feeling a little queasy after seeing that.

SC and I did play a little good cop bad cop just loud enough for John to hear. Guess who the bad cop was. :)

So the seats were great and the game was greater and the eveing was a blast.

Post game we hung around to watch Sean on the FOX interview. That boy was pumped. It was cool.

Then we met up with bucksfan and his cute friend and headed over to Applebee's and the WLW post game show. Ryan Freel was the guest. Totally cool guy. In fact he was still there at 1230 just BSing with the fans. Most of the guys who appear on the show make a hasty retreat as soon as they can. It's fun to sit around and chat with people who love the Reds as much as you do. Why it's almost like being here...

Great evening. Two of the best games I have ever been to.

And about Friday. It was so nice to see so many people at the 5&V. Super Barry is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Rosie is such a fan, she even has red hair. Beautiful red hair. And an great job. Krono was a great guy, and I was happy to meet him. Just got to talk to MWM for a second, but it was nice to put a face with a screen name. And it was great to finally meet RBA (aka Scott Sullivan). Oh and Redsland, yeah, I'm not done with you yet, buddy.

KittyDuran
05-23-2004, 09:33 AM
My bad - I thought I saw Mrs. SC at the Brewery...or at least I saw someone that looked like her. Sorry I missed Bucksfan! I finally located the four of you around the 3rd inning with the binoculars after I remembered SC talking about scout seats. Great seats! I only saw SC getting the crowd hyped up during one of Jr's AB - was he that way for the whole game??? :)

The most disturbing thing about the evening wasn't the fact that JOHN ALLEN was sitting DIRECTLY in front of us. HE WAS??? I need to get better binoculars - NOT! As many times that I've seen him running around the ballpark before the games you'd think I would recognize him! If he is going to be in Cleveland for the series I might corner him to ask some ?s.

I waited until the bottom of the 1st to actually get into my seat - I had been at the ballpark since around 6:15 - but my seat was in the sun and people were already baking. Last night was the second time that I sat in front of loud hecklers - as if the players could hear them... :MandJ:

I'm debating about going to the game today... I promised my Dad that I'd cut the grass (he can't because of hernia surgery last week) - AND the grass is wet. So it might be a last minute decision with top 6 seats.

MWM
05-23-2004, 03:23 PM
I'm glad SCR FINALLY got to see a Junior HR. Friday he was lamenting how he had seen him hit a single, double, and even a triple, but had not seen him with a HR live. Guess he got his wish today.

TeamBoone
05-23-2004, 04:03 PM
MWM, weren't they going to leave before the game? I hope they didn't.

MWM
05-23-2004, 04:11 PM
You're right I think, TB. He said they were thinking about trying to go to Sunday's game, but they weren't sure if they would make it or not. I hope they decided to stay.

RFS62
05-23-2004, 04:13 PM
We ought to take up a collection and keep them in Cincy.

KronoRed
05-23-2004, 04:58 PM

I think he said he's 7-1 at Reds games now, small sample size ;) but I'll throw in a few bucks to keep him around :D

KittyDuran
05-23-2004, 06:37 PM
Thanks for noticing me Sorry Sweetie... but what were you wearing? There was one person at the Tweener that I believe GAC was talking to that I never met - was that you???

creek14
05-23-2004, 08:02 PM
MWM, weren't they going to leave before the game? I hope they didn't.
I'm not MWM, but no, they weren't leaving before the game.

VR
05-23-2004, 08:17 PM

I was in chat when eddie did the math on who would be pitching for the 'stros. He was jacked to be able to see Pettite, Clemens, and Miller and most of us agreed it was gonna be a sweep. I let y'all figure if we meant the stros or Reds. ;)

I'm happy for the SC's - couldn't have scripted a better trip! :thumbup:

KronoRed
05-23-2004, 11:18 PM
Sorry Sweetie... but what were you wearing? There was one person at the Tweener that I believe GAC was talking to that I never met - was that you???

I had an orange hat on and I was drinking sprite..should stand right out :MandJ:

Chip R
05-23-2004, 11:24 PM
So, where are the pics? Or did GAC forget to take the lens cap off his camera? ;)

CougarQuest
05-23-2004, 11:37 PM
Have SC Reds Fan and GBT Reds Fan gotten home safely?

Redsland
05-23-2004, 11:44 PM
I had an orange hat on and I was drinking sprite..should stand right out :MandJ:
I saw him. In fact, I think he stuck MWM with the tab.

Redsland
05-23-2004, 11:45 PM
Have SC Reds Fan and GBT Reds Fan gotten home safely?
They must've. SC is looking at this thread RIGHT NOW! :eek:

SirFelixCat
05-23-2004, 11:55 PM
We just got home. Man, one helluva good weekend eh? And yes, I finally saw my boy jack one out! :GAC:!!!!!

And make it 9-1 when I attend a game. So, how is that collection going?

To my defense, after Saturday's game, I went up to my new buddy, John, and asked him, "So John, you gonna look at getting us some BP help before the deadline???" :mhcky21:

Today, we upgraded our 414 seats to 2nd row at the end of the Reds Dugout. Rock on. I'll write my take on the weekend tomorrow, but man, thanks for a helluva weekend guys, gals, and Reds :GAC:!!!

KronoRed
05-24-2004, 01:27 AM
I saw him. In fact, I think he stuck MWM with the tab.

One of the good things about not drinking beer, when you stick someone else with the tab it's cheap ;) :D

And I stuck zombie with the tab :MandJ: :MandJ:

Glad to see you made it home SC :)

TeamCasey
05-24-2004, 06:07 AM
So, where are the pics? Or did GAC forget to take the lens cap off his camera? ;)

TeamMorris is working on some.

zombie-a-go-go
05-24-2004, 09:18 AM
One of the good things about not drinking beer, when you stick someone else with the tab it's cheap ;) :D

And I stuck zombie with the tab :MandJ: :MandJ:

Glad to see you made it home SC :)

I was wondering where that extra buck-seventy-five I hadn't budgeted went to. :MandJ:

As for the second statement, ditto. It was good to meet all of you (statement truncated so I don't get CTS from typing out all of your names ;) ).

Super_Barry11
05-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Good to see that you got home safely and had a great trip, SC!! :thumbup:

bucksfan
05-24-2004, 11:25 AM
As creek mentioned above, my (appraently cute ;) :MandJ: ) buddy & I got to meet up with her & the mister and SC and his wife. I was so very happy for him when Junior hit one out (I was mowing the yard at the time, keeping informed by my faithful armband radio). I almost dialed him up as creek did give me your # SC :evil: ;)

Anyway, it was great to see the creeks again and meet up with SC and wife. What a nice guy, and I just love how truly excited he was to be there. It's what bein' a fan is all about IMO.

Freel, while always a guy I liked, really and totally won over another fan with the way he conducted himself at Applebee's Saturday night. What a super guy. And yes that does matter to me.

Wish I could have met up with more of you. As I PM'd to Phil, I think we need to schedule some more of these "en masse" redszone invasions of GAB based on this past weekend's results!! :thumbup: :GAC:

Redsland
05-24-2004, 11:28 AM
If we have 25 or more, then we can sit together and pay half price by going through the Reds' Group Sales Dept.

KittyDuran
05-24-2004, 11:38 AM
If we have 25 or more, then we can sit together and pay half price by going through the Reds' Group Sales Dept. That's a GREAT idea! We had at least 22 for Friday nights game...

Chip R
05-24-2004, 11:52 AM
If we have 25 or more, then we can sit together and pay half price by going through the Reds' Group Sales Dept.
It's a good idea in theory but we got 22 people on Friday. And that was with Super Barry, RBA, SC and Mrs. SC in town. Plus GAC usually has those tix from his bro in that one area. Unless we knew for sure that we had at least 25 folks coming then I don't think it would be a good idea. I don't think anyone would want to get stuck with extra tickets. Heck, we didn't even get 25 for my birthday last year. If we can't get 25 for that, how in the world can we get 25 for any event?

zombie-a-go-go
05-24-2004, 12:06 PM
By telling them that tickets are half-price, obviously.

And not telling them that it's your birthday. ;)

Chip R
05-24-2004, 01:00 PM

And not telling them that it's your birthday. ;) :doh:

RFS62
05-24-2004, 01:03 PM
You wouldn't have to get all 25 people committed to make it worth your while, just share whatever savings you have among the ones who do commit.

KronoRed
05-24-2004, 03:42 PM

Ding Ding Ding! I bet you would be surprised by how many show up for cheap tickets ;) :D