PDA

View Full Version : Should I make this trade?

medford
06-02-2004, 08:16 AM
Thought I'd throw this out, and see what kind of response I get...

5x5 league I was offered sheff & smoltz for Manny & Urbina.

I've got graves, Jorge Julio, & Rhodes at closer. I've got Vlad, Giles, Pierre, Green, Dunn, & Texiera for the 3 OF slots, 1B, & the Utility slot.

Should I make this trade?

Red Leader
06-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Man, I don't know. I could never trade Manny Ramirez if I had him, which oddly enough, I never have. You are definately improving at closer and with Rhodes anything but a sure thing, that may be worthwhile for you and its not like Sheff isn't a stud, he's just not putting up the power numbers he normally does, but that might change. I don't know, tough call. I wouldn't say its a bad trade and I wouldn't say its an excellent trade, so whichever way you feel about it, I'd go with that. If it feels right, do it. If it doesn't, don't.

Ender
06-02-2004, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't. Sheff might turn it around, but then again, he might not.

westofyou
06-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Don't do it, Sheff's hand is going to bother him all year and JS is also a tweaked elbow away from a daily tee time.

I have Manny myself and he's healthy and happy and hitting. Plus he's in a real hitters park for him, Sheff plays 1/2 his games in Yankee Stadium a place tradionally poor for RH hitters.

medford
06-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Thanks everyone. That was kind of my gut feeling, but I've been trying like the dickens to make a 2 for 1 trade in anticipation of Prior coming off the DL. I think I've shifted thru 10 or so trade offers one way or the other, and this was the only one I thought worth examining. W/ the way the reds are going, and the way they keep handing graves the ball, I have a huge lead in the saves departmen. I'm not sure the plus I gain w/ smoltz is worth the negative I partake w/ sheff.