PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Peeve

TeamBoone
06-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Al Leiter is one of my pitchers; he's been on the DL for awhile, but I've hung on to him.

Though his status was DL by Yahoo, he was slated as the Mets' starting pitcher yesterday (6/1). Because Yahoo had not updated his status, even minutes before the game started, I was not able to slot him into an active roster spot.

I'm mad!

biggestREDSfan
06-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Yes, I agree with you TeamBoone! Yahoo does have problems with keeping situations like this under control. I also have Al Leiter on my team also. I check my teams at least twice a day. Yahoo did have him listed as being on the DL. But at the same time they had an asterisk by his name as he was starting the game. So I checked around some other sources and found out he was pitching. So I activated him to SP. Good thing I did. He pitched 5 strong shutout innings and allowed no runs. He did not get the win though. The only thing I know to do is to try and stay one step ahead of Yahoo. But, on the other hand everyone makes mistakes and Yahoo did this time. But life goes on ;) .

Chip R
06-02-2004, 02:00 PM
I don't care for the fact that you have to make transactions the day before in order for them to take effect for the next day's game.

Ender
06-02-2004, 02:06 PM
They still have Davis (MIL) scheduled to pitch tonight, when he went yesterday. I missed six shutout innings I could've used. :evil:

Johnny Footstool
06-02-2004, 02:46 PM
I don't care for the fact that you have to make transactions the day before in order for them to take effect for the next day's game.

I don't have a problem with Yahoo not allowing managers to add players on game day. It makes your bench a lot more relevant. You can still change your starting lineup right up until the first pitch of each game.

Now, ESPN only lets you make changes to your starting lineup the day before each game. That's a hassle if you're going to be out of town or too busy to check on your team, or if a player gets hurt in a late game and you don't find out about it until the following morning.

TeamMorris
06-05-2004, 09:59 PM

I don't have that problem either Chip :confused: .