PDA

View Full Version : Good trade???

Red Leader
07-21-2004, 12:27 PM
I've been talking about a trade with another owner for a long time. Here is the latest offer:

I trade SP Brad Radke and OF Gary Sheffield for SP Javier Vazquez and 1B/3B/OF Aubrey Huff.

My current lineup:

C J.Posada
1B T. Helton
2B M. Giles
3B H.Blalock
SS D. Jeter
CI D. Erstad
MI J. Hairston, Jr
OF G. Sheffield
OF B. Giles
OF M. Cabrera
OF J. Burnitz
UTIL M. Mora
UTIL V.Martinez

SP F.Garcia
SP J. Contreras
SP J. Pineiro
SP J. Moyer
SP B. Radke
SP D. Cabrera
RP A.Benitez
RP O.Dotel
RP B. Lidge
DL M. Mussina
DL W. Miller

If I acquired Vazquez and Huff, they would go in the spots where Radke and Sheffield currently are playing. When Mussina comes off the DL, I'd drop Pineiro. When Miller comes off the DL, I'd drop Moyer or Cabrera if he's struggling. Its been reported that Sheffield is having problems with his shoulder and is beginning to weaken. Huff and Vazquez are known second half performers.

Thoughts?

Johnny Footstool
07-21-2004, 02:55 PM
That is a very good trade for you, especially with Sheff's shoulder bothering him.

wheels32012
07-21-2004, 03:29 PM
yeah, good trade. Vazquez will rack up some W's with the Yanks

Stewie
07-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Vazquez has pitched poorly recently, but he is just too good to continue to slump the rest of the season. I would do that deal.

westofyou
07-28-2004, 01:26 PM
Javier has been having problems on the road, beware of that when pitching him.

Red Leader
08-03-2004, 09:33 AM
Ok, I've redone my roster because of injuries. Here is what I have now.

C: Posada
1B: Helton
2B: M.Giles
3B: Blalock
SS: Jeter
CI: M.Mora
MI: J.Hairston,Jr
OF: Sheffield
OF: M.Cabrera
OF: B. Giles
OF: J. Burnitz
UTIL: D.Erstad
UTIL: V.Martinez

SP: F.Garcia
SP: J.Wright
SP: J.Marquis
SP: J.Contreras
SP: E.Milton
SP: B.Radke
RP: O.Dotel
RP: B. Lidge
RP: C.Cordero
DL: M. Mussina
DL: A. Benitez

The Huff/Vazquez deal was put on hold, and then after about a week he nixed it.

Latest talks: He wants Posada, E.Milton, and Benitez and wants to give me R.Winn, Vazquez and Foulke. I can afford to give up Posada as I have V.Martinez, but would prefer to have Huff over Winn. Milton for Vazquez is good for me, IMO. Benitez and Foulke is somewhat of a downgrade, but I don't think too much. If I can get him to put Huff in instead of Winn, I think this is a good trade for me. Thoughts?

tmballa0211
08-09-2004, 12:00 PM
why would u trade sheff he's been havin a monster season i dont' care if his shoulders hurting him if he puts it out of the yard i guess it aint