PDA

View Full Version : dave matthews band dumps on fans?

ochre
08-25-2004, 11:12 PM
http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_237190538.html

Unassisted
08-25-2004, 11:56 PM
Saw this story in the morning paper. How awful that must have been for the people on that boat! :barf:

KYRedsFan
08-26-2004, 08:41 PM
Happened right down the street from me. Not good times.

cincinnati chili
08-26-2004, 11:57 PM
Anyone ever hear Mel Brooks discuss the difference between comedy and tragedy? If a busload of poop got dumped on me, that would be tragedy. But the image in my mind of five spoiled stoner musicians flinging poo on people down below is utterly hilarious.

Yachtzee
08-27-2004, 08:43 AM
Anyone ever hear Mel Brooks discuss the difference between comedy and tragedy? If a busload of poop got dumped on me, that would be tragedy. But the image in my mind of five spoiled stoner musicians flinging poo on people down below is utterly hilarious.

Maybe they need to hook up a tour with these guys.

http://home.att.net/~bubblegumusic/linklp.jpg

Unassisted
08-27-2004, 08:50 AM
Good one, Yachtzee! Man, that one was buried a dusty file drawer in the old memory bank. Mostly, I recall having trouble following that show. :)

Redsland
08-27-2004, 10:49 AM
I used to think Dave Matthews was #1, but now I see he's #2.

Reds/Flyers Fan
08-29-2004, 08:15 PM
And to think that DMB, rabid in their support for John Kerry, are staunch environmentalists and even sing about our "One Sweet World."

Uh huh.

creek14
05-12-2005, 07:33 AM
Band is sorry for the mess
Published May 11, 2005

Dave Matthews finally comes clean.

In his first public comments since his tour bus driver dumped 800 pounds of raw sewage onto a sightseeing boat on the Chicago River last August, Matthews apologized to fans and to the city during an interview on WXRT-FM 93.1 Tuesday.

"We're just so embarrassed and we're truly, truly sorry about what happened in Chicago," Matthews told WXRT's Bobby Skafish. "We will keep doing things to try to help keep that river clean . . . we want to do our best to turn this thing around."

Last week, the eco-friendly band agreed to pay $200,000 and to keep a log of when and where its tour buses empty their septic tanks to settle a suit. The settlement followed last month's guilty plea by bus driver Stefan Wohl to charges of reckless conduct and discharging contaminants to cause water pollution.

registerthis
05-12-2005, 09:34 AM
"We're just so embarrassed and we're truly, truly sorry about what happened in Chicago," Matthews told WXRT's Bobby Skafish. "We will keep doing things to try to help keep that river clean . . . we want to do our best to turn this thing around."
Why wait nine months to make a statement, Dave? If you truly felt sorry about what had happened, shouldn't you have issued a statement of some type immediately after you found out about it? Or did you not do that because you didn't want to admit that your driver was guilty?

Redsland
05-12-2005, 11:06 AM
I'll be on a sightseeing boat on the Chicago River this weekend. For once I'm hoping I get less than the full experience.

:scared:

Reds/Flyers Fan
05-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Off topic, DMB's new CD "Stand Up" was released this week. Anybody else have a chance to hear it. I have listened a few times and like it more each time.