PDA

View Full Version : sirius radio question

Red in Chicago
01-01-2005, 11:00 PM
anyone else having reception problems? i've got the boombox version for my house, but it seems like no matter what window i place the antenna by, it always goes out...it is so annoying to be listening to something and the next thing you know..."acquiring signal" comes up :dflynn: .

the one that i have set up in my car isn't as bad, but it does have it's trouble spots as well. seems to me they need to work on the quality a little bit more if this is truly to take off.

i will be very upset a year from now if i have trouble getting the howard stern show to come in...it's how i get through my day in the morning.

Puffy
01-01-2005, 11:05 PM
I just got it and I am having the same problem. I got it to listen to at work (air america and in preparation for Howard) but I get no reception whatsoever in my office.

I only used it in my car once and had no problems, so I haven't figured out what I am going to do yet with regard to work. I'm thinking of drilling a hole and mounting an antenna outside. I'll let you know if it works

It8ifyifitsgrif
01-02-2005, 11:35 AM
With the boombox, you are either going to have to put the antenna outside while listening or mounted as stated above. I have a home docking kit with a mounted outside antenna, while using the boombox when I'm at the park, outdoor party, etc.

RBA
01-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Hate to break it to you all, but XM is the one that has MLB baseball for 2005. Also, I listened to the free preview of Opie and Anthony and they are as good if not better than Howard Stern.

WVRed
01-02-2005, 02:55 PM
Also, I listened to the free preview of Opie and Anthony and they are as good if not better than Howard Stern.

IMO, Howard Stern has really destroyed himself ever since Janet Jackson's nip slip. Granted, Im not a big fan of the FCC and Michael Powell, but Howard alienated a lot of his fan base with his constant whining all year. I've also heard O&A is better than Stern

The only real advantage Sirius has is NFL games, but football isnt really a sport for listening.

Red in Chicago
01-02-2005, 04:23 PM
Hate to break it to you all, but XM is the one that has MLB baseball for 2005. Also, I listened to the free preview of Opie and Anthony and they are as good if not better than Howard Stern.

i'm going to get xm as well once the season starts...however, no way are o&a better than howard...NO WAY DUDE