PDA

View Full Version : Carroll, Chow, Leinart San Francisco bound?

RBA
01-05-2005, 10:25 PM
They raise the speculation on Sporting News radio this afternoon.

MWM
01-05-2005, 10:43 PM
It would be a mistake of colossal proportions for Carrol to leave the college game for the pros. He's got the perfect situation right now. Don' screw with it. There's a reason there's been a big influx of former pro coaches going into college. And I also read somewhere that Chow said he's ready to move on to something else, but he needs to have another job lined up first.

RBA
01-05-2005, 10:53 PM
More info, they were saying Carroll for GM, Chow for Head Coach, and San Fran does need a QB.

remdog
01-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Interesting speculation----but if I were Carroll, I'd ride the wave at USC for as long as I could.

Chow has indicated that he'd like to be a head coach for once, but he didn't say anything about the Pro's as far as I know.

Guess I'll be seeing Terry Donahue more often now at the Coco's in Newport Beach! :devil:

Rem

RedFanAlways1966
01-06-2005, 07:58 AM
Butch Davis & Steve Spurrier say to Norm & Pete, "Just DON'T do it!"

I hear John Cooper is still looking for employment... ;)

OnBaseMachine
01-06-2005, 03:52 PM
I was just reading an article about Carroll. He says he received a contract extension yesterday and has no interest in the 49ers job. He also said Chow will most likely stay at USC.

WVRed
01-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Why Leinart would even want to stay at USC is beyond me. With the performance he put on at the Orange Bowl, he would have to be a lock for the no 1 pick. I also found it amusing that the 49ers would even show interest in Carroll after they flopped on Ericson. A twice flopped head coach in the NFL, Pete needs to stay where hes at in the college ranks.

pedro
01-06-2005, 05:12 PM
A twice flopped head coach in the NFL, Pete needs to stay where hes at in the college ranks.

I can't remember much about Carrolls' time in NFL, but I do remember that it was often looked at as a failure. Interesting, I looked at his record and he was 33-31 in 4 years with a 1-2 record in two playoff appearences. Must have been some high expectations or was there something else going on I can't remember?

MWM
01-06-2005, 05:16 PM
I can't remember much about Carrolls' time in NFL, but I do remember that it was often looked at as a failure. Interesting, I looked at his record and he was 33-31 in 4 years with a 1-2 record in two playoff appearences. Must have been some high expectations or was there something else going on I can't remember?

The team he inherited had just been to the Super Bowl and was considered to be a favorite in the AFC in each year he coached. His teams were generally thought to have underachieved. Then as soon as he was replaced, the team returned to the Super Bowl.

pedro
01-06-2005, 05:19 PM
did he come in between Parcells & Belechik in NE?

Puffy
01-06-2005, 05:21 PM
did he come in between Parcells & Belechik in NE?

yes

KronoRed
01-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Chow would be a nice hire by the 49ers, they will need a good GM though