PDA

View Full Version : Most unbelievable quote by a coach I have ever seen.

Playadlc
01-06-2005, 05:54 AM
Mike Davis On T.J. Parker not playing…

“It really affected us that T.J. Parker didn’t play tonight. We had prepared for him and I could see when our guys found out that he wasn’t going to play that they didn’t seem as confident.”

This could honestly be the dumbest thing I have ever heard a head coach say. Leave it to Mike Davis to suggest that having the opposition's starting point guard out with the flu is actually a disadvantage to IU. Imagine if ALL their starters were out sick...they'd probably have won by 80. I know most here don't care about IU, but this is just a small taste of what Hoosier fans have to deal with.

Mike Davis has to go.

smith288
01-06-2005, 07:44 AM
Indiana has become a laughing stock. Everytime I see a score update it cracks me up.

Bob Knight, with all his warts, was a motivator and only accepted the best from his players.

cumberlandreds
01-06-2005, 07:58 AM
Davis will be lucky to survive the season. It didn't take him long to turn IU into an also-ran in the Big 10.

RedFanAlways1966
01-06-2005, 08:05 AM
I have to agree... that is a very stupid quote from a coach. Although I am sure the media people who cover IU would rather hear that than feel threatened in each and every press conference held at IU before Davis took over! I t does look like Coach Davis' time is short in Bloomington. Thumped by Northwestern. Could be a long Big Ten season for the Hoosiers. Coach Davis will probably state the obvious next... we got homered on Northwestern's court and it cost us at least 40 points.

Funny thing... the Bengals didn't complain about McNabb and most other Eagles starters being out during their final game. Oh... and they beat the Eagles.

MWM
01-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, could see this coming. Mike Davis was obviously in over his head. The team went on the magical run in the 2002 NCAA Tourney and it forced Indiana to extend the guy. I used to work with lots of Indiana fans and they all knew what was going to happen. This goes to show that you don't make decisions based on public sentiment. You do what's right for the long-term health of the program, period.

MWM
01-06-2005, 11:02 AM
One other thing. Indiana better not let him go until after the season. That really cost them with Davis. i don't think the school ever really wanted him to be their head coach, but they were pressured into it after the team didn't completely suck the year he was the interim coach. I can still remembering watching Dick Vitale (who I like) respond when asked a question on if Davis should be named the head coach after that season and he said "they HAVE to. He was basically making a moral argument that because he did a decent job in that year, it would be WRONG not to hire him full-time. Mike Davis was never considered even a candidate for other head coaching jobs and i don't think he was qualified, yet the school felt pressured into hiring him. Big mistake.

WVRed
01-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Mike Davis is a guy who has turned from the heir of Bobby Knight to the biggest laughingstock in college basketball.

Dont get me wrong, I pulled for IU when they played Maryland in the championship game, but Mike Davis has a tendency to do some boneheaded things.

Example-He comes out before the UK-IU game and says that he hates UK because when he played for Bama, they were hated. Needless to say, that gave Kentucky and their fans enough fuel to extend the cruel and unusal punishment known as the Kentucky-Indiana rivalry.

WVRed
01-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Also, if im an IU fan, im hoping Steve Alford is first in line for the job.

Chip R
01-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Also, if im an IU fan, im hoping Steve Alford is first in line for the job.
You probably could have had him after last season. The folks in Iowa were none too happy with him. Now that they have only lost a couple of games this year his stock is on the rise again.

15fan
01-06-2005, 11:53 AM
I want Mike Davis to keep his job for just a little while longer.

Mike Conley Jr. needs to commit to & sign with Wake, then convince his buddies Greg Oden & Daquean Cook to join him in Winston-Salem.

Once those dominoes fall, then the folks at IU can do whatever they want. ;)

Playadlc
01-06-2005, 01:22 PM
I want Mike Davis to keep his job for just a little while longer.

Mike Conley Jr. needs to commit to & sign with Wake, then convince his buddies Greg Oden & Daquean Cook to join him in Winston-Salem.

Once those dominoes fall, then the folks at IU can do whatever they want. ;)

Mike Davis is out after this year. There is no way he survives this season. By the way, Greg Oden is a freakin' stud. He could be the best big man Indiana High School basketball has ever seen.

CbusRed
01-06-2005, 01:33 PM
After the treatment Knight got, I laugh at the demise of the IU basketball program.

jmcclain19
01-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Since Miles Brand is heading the NCAA now maybe they can bring Bobby back from TT.

Unassisted
01-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Since Miles Brand is heading the NCAA now maybe they can bring Bobby back from TT.I bet that he wouldn't come back. He's stubborn that way. I don't think he'll finish out his career in Lubbock, though.

CbusRed
01-06-2005, 03:03 PM
I bet that he wouldn't come back. He's stubborn that way. I don't think he'll finish out his career in Lubbock, though.

I love Thad Matta, but I really feel the buckeyes missed a golden opprotunity to get BK this past off-season. That guy could have turned around the OSU program in a heartbeat. His presence alone would fill the Schott.

Crumbley
01-06-2005, 04:23 PM
We all know that Paul Biancardi is the true brains of NCAA Basketball.

RedFanAlways1966
01-06-2005, 05:32 PM
We all know that Paul Biancardi is the true brains of NCAA Basketball.

And also the brains behind getting Serbian players residence with Serbian boosters. He also has their schoolwork done by the boosters and can even arrange an intimate "engagement" w/ the booster's wife.

Paul... you da man!