PDA

View Full Version : Tom Delay on the Tsunami

Redsfaithful
01-06-2005, 10:31 AM
At a congressional prayer breakfast, after his colleagues spoke about the recent tsunami tragedy, Delay stood up and read this from the Bible:

A reading of the Gospel, in Matthew 7:21 through 27.

Not every one who says to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven; but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

Many will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?"

Then I will declare to them solemnly, "I never knew you: depart from me, you evil doers."

Everyone who listens to these words of mine, and acts on them, will be like a wise man, who built his house on a rock:

The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew, and buffeted the house, but it did not collapse; it has been set solidly on rock.

And everyone who listens to these words of mine, but does not act on them, will be like a fool who built his house on sand:

The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew, and buffeted the house, and it collapsed and was completely ruined.

The MP3 is here:
http://demwatch.blogspot.com/delay_matthew7_21-27.mp3

Just in case you're having trouble believing Delay would be so ignorant.

jmcclain19
01-06-2005, 11:39 AM
Tom DeLay, in general, is pretty embarrassing. This is just another in a long line.

CbusRed
01-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Just in case you're having trouble believing Delay would be so ignorant.
:rolleyes:

pedro
01-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Cbus, what's your point?

Do you think those type of comments are appropriate from anyone, especially the Senate majority leader of the United States, after such a great tragedy?

I don't.

CbusRed
01-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Cbus, what's your point?

Do you think those type of comments are appropriate from anyone, especially the Senate majority leader of the United States, after such a great tragedy?

I don't.
:cry:

pedro
01-06-2005, 01:46 PM
What's your problem Cbus? If you have something to say, say it. Why do you have to jump in with the snot nosed emoticons everytime RF posts something?

DunnersGrl44
01-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Why are you getting involved Pedro. It's a free country... and the smiley don't mean anything! He could post smileys all day and he wouldn't have to explain himself to you. :shocked: :shocked: :auto: :angel: :redface: :smokin:
See... smileys.... now, can we move on. It's just a smiley.

CbusRed
01-06-2005, 01:58 PM
What's your problem Cbus? If you have something to say, say it. Why do you have to jump in with the snot nosed emoticons everytime RF posts something?

:confused:

KittyDuran
01-06-2005, 02:02 PM
I thought Cbus was banned??? :p: :confused:

traderumor
01-06-2005, 02:07 PM
I thought Cbus was banned??? :p: :confused:
Don't tell me he took money from a booster, too. When will it end? ;)

CbusRed
01-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Don't tell me he took money from a booster, too. When will it end? ;)

They told me it was extra scholarship money!! I swear!! :MandJ:

traderumor
01-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Luk 13:1 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
Luk 13:2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
Luk 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Luk 13:4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
Luk 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Delay's out of line using those Scriptures there. The above are much more fitting for such a disastrous loss of human life.

The Christian response is to be heartbroken because there are hundreds of thousand souls who died without Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord rather than cheering from the stands that judgment day came for so many.

Redsfaithful
01-06-2005, 05:58 PM
:rolleyes:

It's pretty funny that I seem to have my own personal troll.

;) :gac: :allovrjr: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused: :eek: :) :devil:

RollyInRaleigh
01-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Luk 13:1 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
Luk 13:2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
Luk 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Luk 13:4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
Luk 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Delay's out of line using those Scriptures there. The above are much more fitting for such a disastrous loss of human life.

The Christian response is to be heartbroken because there are hundreds of thousand souls who died without Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord rather than cheering from the stands that judgment day came for so many.

Agreed.

pedro
01-06-2005, 06:04 PM
It's pretty funny that I seem to have my own personal troll.

;) :gac: :allovrjr: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused: :eek: :) :devil:

Your own personal Cbus
Someone to hear your prayers
Someone who cares
Your own personal Cbus
Someone to hear your prayers
Someone who’s there

Feeling unknown
And you’re all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver