PDA

View Full Version : Sore losers?

Chip R
01-06-2005, 12:29 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=16&u=/ap/20050106/ap_on_el_gu/washington_governor

Wash. GOP Demands New Governor Election

By REBECCA COOK, Associated Press Writer

OLYMPIA, Wash. - State Republicans Wednesday charged that hundreds of provisional ballots may have been counted on Election Day without being verified.

It's the latest in a series of allegations from Republicans who are pointing to flaws in the governor's balloting and demanding a new election. After losing the first two counts, Democrat Christine Gregoire beat Republican Dino Rossi in the third count by 129 votes out of 2.9 million ballots cast.

State Republican Party Chairman Chris Vance said an admission by election workers in King County that provisional ballots had been counted without verification is "absolute proof" of the need for a new election. The heavily Democratic county includes Seattle.

"It's enough right there to invalidate the election," Vance said. "This is a bombshell."

Gregoire's inauguration is scheduled next Wednesday. Republicans are preparing for a possible court challenge to the election — the deadline to file such a challenge is Jan. 22.

Democrats downplayed the importance of the GOP claim.

"There would have to be thousands before it would make a difference," said state Democratic Party spokeswoman Kirstin Brost. "This is just the attack of the day from the Republicans."

County elections spokeswoman Bobbie Egan said Wednesday that 87 percent of the 31,545 provisional ballots issued in King County have been validated and included in the official count.

Provisional ballots are given to people who go to the polls on Election Day, but who aren't listed as registered voters in that precinct. Election workers research afterward to determine whether the vote is valid and should be counted.

GOP election observers in King County said they saw hundreds of provisional ballots go straight into the voting machines on Election Day without any checks. Election workers said a review of polling place records should indicate the extent of the problem, but it may be impossible to determine exactly how many provisional ballots were fed into the tabulating machines on Election Day.

King County this week is reconciling its list of voters in the 2004 election, which is about 3,500 names short of the number of ballots cast. At least four other counties have similar discrepancies, which county auditors say is common.

CbusRed
01-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Nah, not sore losers, Just playing the Democrat game.

WVRed
01-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Nah, not sore losers, Just playing the Democrat game.

I think thats the same thing.

CbusRed
01-06-2005, 12:34 PM
I think thats the same thing.
Haha, you know, now that I think about it, you're right! :MandJ:

I guess even us republicans can whine sometimes!

RedFanAlways1966
01-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Where in the sam hell is Jesse Jackson and his team? I thought the Rainbow Coalition was all about fairness and equality? Doesn't Jesse care about fairness in all elections? Hmmmm... kind of makes Jesse look like a darn hypocrite. Just when I was starting to repect the man for being so fair.

:MandJ:

CbusRed
01-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Where in the sam hell is Jesse Jackson and his team? I thought the Rainbow Coalition was all about fairness and equality? Doesn't Jesse care about fairness in all elections? Hmmmm... kind of makes Jesse look like a darn hypocrite. Just when I was starting to repect the man for being so fair.

Red Leader
01-06-2005, 12:45 PM
I thought this was a thread about Team Puffy :confused:

No? :confused:

zombie-a-go-go
01-06-2005, 12:47 PM
I thought this was a thread about Team Puffy :confused:

No? :confused:

Boo! Hiss! :MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ:

Redsfaithful
01-06-2005, 06:01 PM
It's incredible how Republicans never want all the votes to be counted. You never hear about a Democrat wanting votes tossed, it's always a Republican. I wonder why that might be?

MWM
01-06-2005, 06:08 PM
It's incredible how Republicans never want all the votes to be counted. You never hear about a Democrat wanting votes tossed, it's always a Republican. I wonder why that might be?

It's because they won the election and are the only ones with anything to lose. Not saying I agree or disagree, but I suspect that there aren't many politicians out there who would be all that welcome to a recount in an election where they've been deemed the winner.

WVRed
01-06-2005, 06:11 PM

Didnt Democrats want absentee ballots in Florida to not be counted in 2000?

RBA
01-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Didnt Democrats want absentee ballots in Florida to not be counted in 2000?

No, Lieberman requested them to be counted. Rewriting history?

RBA
01-06-2005, 06:24 PM
And I can search through this forum and bring quotes from those on the right who said it is the responsibility to ensure they are registered and vote properly. Mailing your ballot in late or without postmark was not responsible. You can't have it both ways.

Ravenlord
01-07-2005, 07:49 AM
You can't have it both ways.*snicker, snicker* :MandJ: :MandJ: :MandJ:

i think there are those that would disagree ;)

:mhcky21:

Spring~Fields
01-07-2005, 10:29 AM

I thought it was the Democrats that want to challenge the Ohio vote and the provisional voting in Ohio? Now how does this work, in one state/situation the Dems are one way, then in another they have another set of standards?

No one could ever say that they flip-flop. ;)

RBA
01-07-2005, 10:43 AM
I thought it was the Democrats that want to challenge the Ohio vote and the provisional voting in Ohio? Now how does this work, in one state/situation the Dems are one way, then in another they have another set of standards?

No one could ever say that they flip-flop. ;)

Funny, how you can say the same thing about the republicans. ;) But you don't. ;)

WVRed
01-07-2005, 10:57 AM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/menu/fstack/benedict_arnold_flip_flop.Par.0002.ImageFile.jpg