PDA

View Full Version : Got an "invitation" to Marriot's Beach Place Towers

RBA
01-11-2005, 12:16 AM
I think it's one of those "sales" pitches for timeshare. I'm not doing it, but thought maybe someone can fit it on their Spring Training trip. I checked www.biddingfortravel.com (http://www.biddingfortravel.com/) and this is a great price for 4 nights and 5 days. The only bad part is the sales pitches.

RBA
01-11-2005, 12:23 AM
It's a 3 1/2 hour drive to Sarasota. So it might not be the ideal location for Reds games.

remdog
01-11-2005, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the "plug" RBA. ;)

(Insert disclaimer here :)) As many of you know, I work for Marriott and, speciffically Marriott Vacation Club. The offer that RBA posted above is a very good deal----if you are willing to take a tour of the property. Marriott has a policy of low key, no 'high-pressure' presentations and, if you feel that you have been subjected to anything objectionable Marriott management truly does want to hear about it. Every January we get a list of objectives from corporate; every January the number one item on the list is not sales, it's that they want 100% of the people touring a MVC property to leave feeling better about Marriott than when they arrived---whether they became an owner or not.

Personally, I will tell you that, if the parameters of the offer fit you, take advantage of it. It's a terrific value. And, just to show I have no bias here ;), look for similar offers from Starwood (Sheraton/Westin), Hyatt and Hilton. They really are good deals if you are willing to spend about 90 minutes looking at their property. And, none of the major hotel chains use high pressure tactics because they have hotels, restaurants, golf courses, etc. that they want you to use and they don't want to risk alienating you.

Rem